• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

The Nomad From Morwood

Hogni

Honi soit qui mal y pense
Did you get an overview of all designs from Dan or out of what do you have to choose?

Hogni,
Reactions: vapen00b

Kalessin

Did you get an overview of all designs from Dan or out of what do you have to choose?
Everything is pretty much the same as what he gave us for the first preorder batch as far as material choices and costs and such, except now it's 300 for a base unit, the abalone is the standard button instead of the lichen, and it only comes with the standard heater module included

Hogni

Thanks, ok that I didn't get up to now.
Is it possible to get more paper sleeves for additional costs?

Hogni,
Reactions: vapen00b

RelaxedNow

I just took a look at Dan's first post introducing his thoughts on what ultimately became the Nomad. I was amazed to find that he’s kept some of us entranced (well, ME certainly) for over 2 years now.

Let’s see now, that’s approximately 740 days, so if I checked the thread twice daily (a VERY conservative estimate, I’m sure) that would mean I’ve viewed it about 1480 times! :o Then, on top of that, he forced me to start watching Instagram! :bang: The man is devious, I tell ya! Devious!

I am SO looking forward to receiving my Nomad. Of course, then I’ll be checking the thread for others’ usage tips, and Dan’s accessories and modifications. This could go on for years longer!

delloy

The paper sleeves are connected to the wood??

Does that make a real sense?

Yep makes perfect sense when the wooden base is the battery/heater cover/air intake and the paper sleeve is the means via friction fit to hold it all together. :tup:

I think I can see mine in the above pics, unless anyone chose exactly what I did. Unlikely though with the amount of options. Fantastic work @Dan Morrison looking great!

Last edited:

little maggie

A wonderful person gave me their place in line. So now I get to order a nomad!!
Looking back to see which paper I voted for way back. Somehow I was able to narrow it down even though now there's at least 50 I would choose.

Now I can't find the section where we all posted our favorite papers. Is that still around somewhere?

Last edited:

Cl4ud3

Hogni

Thanks for that! Didn't know this thread and was prior confused where you did get the view of possible papers.
Fuck it! :bang: Just about 100 pics I've to take in addition to my Nomad pinboard on pinterest!
But looks so nice to see them gathered ;) What a collection of beauties!

First half is done, may be the 2nd half will follow later in the evening (8:45 p.m here in Germany) Hope the overwiew will make it easier for you to decide which paper sleeve you want to have. Cheers!

disGRUNTled

l9SZIYh.jpg

h1KiDO0.jpg

oAqn9gq.jpg

sS0rfFy.jpg

sb9NguC.jpg

ULhKAWe.jpg

g6mxF45.jpg

K7w6qP7.jpg

0SpDJLQ.jpg

xwETUKl.jpg

J0JEqJl.jpg

65hBIGM.jpg

CcpH4Z0.jpg

7nxakXD.jpg

vwlHpYs.jpg

FS596Eq.jpg
High AF , stumbled into this thread .Holy f*ck man ..
tenor.gif

Also is there some kind of list I could get on , I am sure first run is full but for future production runs ?
giphy.gif

DirtyD

Chose paper and woods, so jazzed about this vape. Bout to pay on Fri. Now more waiting, but what a fun trip this has been so far, love that I finally picked paper( chiyogami 997) and just having something so cool to wait for. Boy am I gonna be cool with my nomad !! Cheers all. Reserve list getting going!! D

little maggie

Another question- what is the width of the glass stems? I need to use a whip or water but prefer a whip so may have to buy a stem with a thin enough stem to fit a whip.

little maggie,
Reactions: P.A.M.

Vaporware

@ZC, I will be looking at this detail a bit closer. I'll see if I can simulate a fault, and see just how large of a tear it would take. Perhaps a design change is in order, we'll see. I think that I could add a radius to the ID of the brass plate, and make the hole a tiny bit larger than the hole in the wood body. Essentially creating an air gap between the battery and brass, so even without a wrapper they wouldn't be able to touch.

A note about glass stems, I've gone with 14mm OD, 11mm ID.

Another question- what is the width of the glass stems? I need to use a whip or water but prefer a whip so may have to buy a stem with a thin enough stem to fit a whip.

I don’t think it’s changed, so it should be 14mm on the outside.

Top Bottom