The Nomad From Morwood

Hogni

Honi soit qui mal y pense
Wow! I'm really astonished how tiny it is! Great!

But you've misunderstood me. No need for changings of construction. Just a shorter glass mp reaching until the upper edge of the round wooden part of the intake, a plug-in-adapter for driptips and a custom drip tip or any one else. Just an idea...

MonkeyTime

@Hogni, I think you'll find the Nomad to be tiny. It's easily concealed fully in your hand. The protruding stem is out such a small distance, I don't think it matters.

To adapt any part of the design to 510 would completely change the entire design, you might as well design a new vape from scratch. IMO it defeats the purpose of this vape, which is to put the heater at the very bottom of the device, with most of the stem inside the body. And a super minimal, tiny, heater module with no unecessary mass or heat sinks.

If you had to shift the heater and stem up ontop of a box, you basically have a device twice as tall. A heater + stem combo as tall as your typical drip tip would burn the shit outcha mouth!

Like 10 years ago I built a pipe and lighting system that was fully contained inside of a regular McDonalds drink cup. The smoke came out the straw. It was designed with one thing in mind, stealth. It was a stupid pipe. haha.
I couldn't agree more. My GF often comments on how bold she thinks I'm getting with my vaping in public. But no one pays me any attention when I act normal. I also often pack water cured C for out about, there's much less smell.

I'm finally going to let myself get excited about this, and especially the second batch! Think it's time to start mulling papers. I'll wait for the pics of the first batch, in case I see something that sparks emotion.

Despite my new F2 and Haze Square, I'm really looking forward to this one. I completely understand the people that are planning on treating this like a museum piece, but I'm planning on using mine fully functional and out and about!

Loving what I'm seeing and the updates Dan!

delloy

Yep dont really understand that adding a drip tip is gonna make it more stealthy. Seems it would do the opposite to me and honestly dont see the point. Surely adding something like this is not gonna make it more stealthy or much different than the standard design glass stem. Unless I’m misunderstanding what a “driptip” is :2c:

Last edited:

szai

I couldn't agree more. My GF often comments on how bold she thinks I'm getting with my vaping in public. But no one pays me any attention when I act normal. I also often pack water cured C for out about, there's much less smell.

I'm finally going to let myself get excited about this, and especially the second batch! Think it's time to start mulling papers. I'll wait for the pics of the first batch, in case I see something that sparks emotion.

Despite my new F2 and Haze Square, I'm really looking forward to this one. I completely understand the people that are planning on treating this like a museum piece, but I'm planning on using mine fully functional and out and about!

Loving what I'm seeing and the updates Dan!

Water cured weed tell me more?

szai,
Reactions: Summer

Dan Morrison

Manufacturer
PW4o9Pg.jpg

29kR8P1.jpg

Last edited:

sixstringsmash

Now that it's getting this close its all starting to feel surreal. I bought this vape knowing I'd hold it in my hands one day, but knowing that the moment is near, it's still a little hard to believe. I can't wait and at the same time can't believe its all coming to fruition finally. I can't wait to see the picture of mine. Yay!

Hogni

Thanks but sorry I don't know what your called measures are regarding to?

Just for clarification

Nomad with or w/o glass mp?

0.89" THICK?? What? The mp? Guess it can't be the Nomad itself?!?

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Hey @Summer here is what we have been given so far to judge the size of The Nomad.

fumbyT8.jpg

Exact dimensions of production unit are:
3.36" High, 1.77" Wide, 0.89" Thick.
Or in metric, 85mm x 45mm x 22.6mm
Relatively tiny I think! I'd have no issues carrying this in a pants pocket.

Pencil for scale. The glass stem shown here is a tad long, I am going to shorten it a bit.
GmO1DS5.jpg

I pulled those measurements from this post one page earlier

Dan Morrison

Manufacturer
0.89" THICK?? What? The mp? Guess it can't be the Nomad itself?!?

These are correct. Actually, with the production batch, I was able to shave a TINY bit off those dimensions. Thickness of the wood body is .88 - .89.

Those measements don't include glass or protective sleeve, which adds a couple millimeters.

The stem protrudes 5/8".

It took a lot of design work to get the bodies this small, it was the toughest part of the entire thing, and partly why the crafting process has proven so difficult.

Hogni

NEVER I would bite in such a piece of art - never ever!!
It's beautiness of appeal and processing makes me humbly - I fear I'm falling in love with it just by the pics. Hope I can use it without permanent fear of damaging it.
For sure no piece for on the go - at least not if I'm on the road for some beers ;-)

Dan Morrison

Manufacturer
To anyone who feels like they need to keep the Nomad in pristine condition.. I present my case for this alternative.

Consider the idea that this vaporizer was designed with a specific aesthetic in mind, that of the space scavenger vibe. From the ground up, the design and materials were chosen to reach that end. The Nomads aesthetic, in my opinion, cannot be truly realized until it's gone through real world wear and tear.

The patina that develops is part of what I consider the finishing stage. It can't be faked.. or else I would add my own weathering to each and every Nomad.

It's these subtle details that really make the design pop.

Instead of fearing damage, embrace it. Every scar adds to the richness of each Nomads personal history. The paper, the wood, the bronze, it's all designed to wear in a specific way.

Daily use is a necessary process to finally revealing the Nomads intended look.

Here is my prototype today, after seeing heavy use and abuse. Keep in mind the sleeve was made with different paper, thin not-so-durable stuff, and only adhered with spray adhesive.. The chiyogami used for the production Nomads will wear nicer.

This thing has been tossed around in my camera bag, pocket, workshop, camping trips, hikes, it got soaked in the bottom of a "waterproof" food bag....

95Dp34H.jpg

BsNNEyl.jpg

8Hqippi.jpg

FwEnhiB.jpg

QjB9utP.jpg

yS0zazH.jpg

Top Bottom