The Nomad From Morwood

Bdubbdiblets

My heart was too scared to ask but wouldn't be surprised based on the wording of the email and how fast I responded that I am "unlucky/still sorta lucky" number 26 or close after....reserve at least but been a lil tough to swallow...had to wait a sec before posting and let my disappointment ease a bit...hahaha!

My head-"Remember its just a vape Bdubb!!"

My heart-"oh but it's sooo much more than that!"

Hahaha!

Admit being that close stings a bit but looking forward to the first creations and reviews for sure..and truly stoked for the first 25 members!

I kinda wanna know the last few names on the list!! Anyone else?:shrug:

:rockon:

grokit

well-worn member
Dan's in Canada right?
I got a little tripped up with the international shipping part,
until I remembered that he's the one that's international.
All fixed, I think.

:doh:

sauhamm

So if I missed the email and didn't get a chance to reply :doh:, how can I tell where I am on the list?

through discovery it has been revealed that the original list was 125 people - that got whittled down to 100 via the speed lottery ... those lucky SOBs will get their units in late sept.

then in the next month another 20 lucky SOBs will get their units, from context i can assume about a month for those so now we're looking at late oct.

now the list is 80 people long and this is where we don't know what happens yet - i think Dan said he can do 20 or 30 a month so let's call that 25 a month just cause it's a nice round number...

well the easy math tells us that 80/25=3.2

so over the course of the next 3ish months (nov dec jan) - the rest of the original list will be massaged and by the turn of the year or shortly after, everyone should have their nomad

what this doesn't factor is life: being sick, car troubles, weather, windfalls, holidays etc

there's no real way to know what will happen until it does :)

my current hope is to have a nomad by jan of 2018! :D

MonkeyTime

through discovery it has been revealed that the original list was 125 people - that got whittled down to 100 via the speed lottery ... those lucky SOBs will get their units in late sept.

then in the next month another 20 lucky SOBs will get their units, from context i can assume about a month for those so now we're looking at late oct.

now the list is 80 people long and this is where we don't know what happens yet - i think Dan said he can do 20 or 30 a month so let's call that 25 a month just cause it's a nice round number...

well the easy math tells us that 80/25=3.2

so over the course of the next 3ish months (nov dec jan) - the rest of the original list will be massaged and by the turn of the year or shortly after, everyone should have their nomad

what this doesn't factor is life: being sick, car troubles, weather, windfalls, holidays etc

there's no real way to know what will happen until it does :)

my current hope is to have a nomad by jan of 2018! :D
First round is 25, I think you've got Dan working inhuman hours!

Second round will be a month or two after with the time added for mass production tooling.

I'm in the second batch, I'm hoping to have it by Xmas!

Kalessin

Second round will be a month or two after with the time added for mass production tooling.

Dan actually said that after the first batch goes out that the wait time should be reduced to about a month per batch because he will be setting up his operations while making the first batch, so assuming he isn't hit with problems I think @sauhamm has it about right

MonkeyTime

Dan actually said that after the first batch goes out that the wait time should be reduced to about a month per batch because he will be setting up his operations while making the first batch, so assuming he isn't hit with problems I think @sauhamm has it about right
Thanks, I either missed an update or misread his post. Might be time to start looking at papers then!

MonkeyTime,

little maggie

Several people have posted what batch they are in besides you. I don't understand how you know given the number of people who emailed in how you know where you are in the list.

little maggie,
Reactions: GetLeft

Kalessin

Several people have posted what batch they are in besides you. I don't understand how you know given the number of people who emailed in how you know where you are in the list.
People who made it into the second batch received an email telling them they had a spot reserved, I think everyone else doesn't really know what place they are in line, but I could be wrong?

MonkeyTime

People who made it into the second batch received an email telling them they had a spot reserved, I think everyone else doesn't really know what place they are in line, but I could be wrong?
I can't speak for others, but I received an email from Dan saying the same, sorry you missed the first batch, but you're in the second.

little maggie

Wow. I wonder how many of us responded within a few seconds and still missed the second batch never mind the first. So have people gotten a third batch message as well?

little maggie,

RelaxedNow

I'll be at a cabin near Mt. Rainier National Park tomorrow, with no power, due to a scheduled generator installation (no power=no DSL router). You can bet I'll be anxiously awaiting completion of the install, so I can get online to look for the invoice! Any problems, I'll be knocking on neighbors' doors to ask for network access. I will NOT lose my spot in the first-batch queue. :tup:

VAPEHUNTER

If I remember correctly Dan said we'd have to make our payment by the 21st correct?

Has anyone else on the list of 25 gotten an invoice yet? I hope Dan hasn't forgotten about me!

Don't worry @sixstringsmash Dan said↓
I'm experiencing spotty internet the past few days. Bell has been updating lines in the area I think.

I will be extending the payment deadline a few days, it's not that critical anyhow. It'll give people the weekend to think over their final choices.

So I think you're good.:tup:

delloy

I dont think you need to worry. Im sure hes not gonna kick anyone off the list just on the possibility they might not have seen the email or it went into someones junk mail etc etc. Everything will be fine and invoices will be sent to the 25. Be calm all will come good. ;)

He has the names of the 25 and I'm sure if he doesn't hear back from any of us, he will be contacting those concerned a few days later. No panic.

Dan Morrison

Manufacturer
Hey All, Internet cut out completely Friday, I just got it back about 5 minutes ago. It was an issue on my end, resolved now!

Sorry for the lack of communication!

I'll be sending out those PayPal links tonight, no rush, and no need to worry! I was pretty lax on the payment date anyways...

The important thing is that everyone has the time they need to make their wood/paper choices.

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
Why not move all "shipping anxiety" to the mockup thread? I would prefer that personally. We're not anxious yet but wait until the deadline is missed and... a lot of threads derailed like that in the past.

Also, for the average FC reader wanting to get information about a vape, it's a waste of time and just completely useless to have to read pages and pages of user expectations, date predictions, parcel tracking and the like. It adds strictly no value to them (or to anyone excepted the poster in fact)

So while I understand it makes you (us, the waiters) feel better by venting out etc, it's detrimental to the other readers.

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Why not move all "shipping anxiety" to the mockup thread? I would prefer that personally. We're not anxious yet but wait until the deadline is missed and... a lot of threads derailed like that in the past.

Also, for the average FC reader wanting to get information about a vape, it's a waste of time and just completely useless to have to read pages and pages of user expectations, date predictions, parcel tracking and the like. It adds strictly no value to them (or to anyone excepted the poster in fact)

So while I understand it makes you (us, the waiters) feel better by venting out etc, it's detrimental to the other readers.
I like this idea. I'm going to re-name the mockup thread and move all the order/shipping/waiting posts over there.

:peace:

Top Bottom