Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
I now have protection for the precious!

IMG-1450.jpg

SloJimFizz

Unknown Member
Nice post and beautiful Nomad @flammy
Your new case @Ramahs reminds me of:
briefcase.gif

Aside from being one of my favorites in general, the nomad is definitely my go-to unit to travel with. So small, discreet, and innocent looking that it barely gets noticed through security checks.

Week 1 at the home of the Jacksonville Jaguars. My Chiefs whooping up on the jags with the debut of rookie phenom Gardner Minshew II happening.
2019-0908-14411700.jpg

spacetime

Hey all!

I don't post much but I have been lurking this thread for a while. I was a lucky guy and got myself a spot in the 3rd batch! I couldn't believe it either, such an amazing device and now I get to design one!

Anyway. The design process was awesome. From the selections of different wood species, enough to suite any ones taste I'm sure, to the sleeve, collar and button. Mixing and matching, choosing and changing, finally, this looks good. And I must say that Dan nailed it.

My Nomad, No. 76 will be coming home and I cannot wait. Haven't thought about a name yet but man if No.76 doesn't just sound cool. No.76, yep, that'll be the name. <--Srsly just came up with that. I like.

BTW, doesn't Dan take some seriously kick-ass pics? Look at these shots, perfect.

The body is of Redwood Burl. Collar African Blackwood. Button is Abalone.

And, of coarse, the Kanji reads "Nomad"

Verax

Hey all!

I don't post much but I have been lurking this thread for a while. I was a lucky guy and got myself a spot in the 3rd batch! I couldn't believe it either, such an amazing device and now I get to design one!

Anyway. The design process was awesome. From the selections of different wood species, enough to suite any ones taste I'm sure, to the sleeve, collar and button. Mixing and matching, choosing and changing, finally, this looks good. And I must say that Dan nailed it.

My Nomad, No. 76 will be coming home and I cannot wait. Haven't thought about a name yet but man if No.76 doesn't just sound cool. No.76, yep, that'll be the name. <--Srsly just came up with that. I like.

BTW, doesn't Dan take some seriously kick-ass pics? Look at these shots, perfect.

Oh, man, another stunner! I REALLY dig that paper, and it looks perfect with that button and wood. So happy for you! :)

I'm interested to see some nudie pics of this one too, that wood looks intricate!

MonkeyTime

Hey all!

I really like the look! Something about the script changing color, it ties the old hand crafted feeling with the new!

Enjoy my friend!

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
@Ramahs nice job on the case. What small grinder is that? It looks like you got it pretty well covered for a safe storage and on the go unit. Congrats on your Nomad!

This is the grinder

Hey all!

Welcome to the family, @spacetime, and thanks for posting! Beautiful combination :tup:

I look forward to hearing your thoughts once you get it :cheers:

Poostuff

Please delete
Hope you’re all enjoying your Nomads.
Mine is still on it’s way, it was due a couple of days ago but the tracking stops when it arrives in the country so now I just have to wait.
Looks like there’s already one from this batch in the classifieds so some lucky person gets to queue jump.

david8613

Hope you’re all enjoying your Nomads.
Mine is still on it’s way, it was due a couple of days ago but the tracking stops when it arrives in the country so now I just have to wait.
Looks like there’s already one from this batch in the classifieds so some lucky person gets to queue jump.

Where in the classifieds?

david8613,

Verax

PSA

Planet of the Vapes just released the "One" along with newly designed dosing capsules that happen to work very well with the standard glass stem for the Nomad. The perforations are identical on both ends, so you can just flip the capsule if needed to get everything even. There's a tiny tiny bit of space around it when inserted into the stem, so the original screen is needed as a backstop, but I imagine a firm o-ring might provide a better seal around the edges. However, I've vaped a couple of bowls and there doesn't seem to be any problem with air going around the capsule. I got lots of vapor and even ABV without flipping.

These capsules are stainless steel and very sturdy. I highly recommend them.

https://www.planetofthevapes.com/products/set-of-four-dosing-capsules-for-potv-one

capsule-face.jpg

capsule-side.jpg

capsule-open.jpg

As a (VERY) novice user - these seem like a really easy option for heavy users. Are people still liking these?

(apologies for necroing this topic - just catching up) :)

Also... I'm just stunned by the craftsmanship. Dan's work is truly amazing, and I find myself getting lost in the intricate perfection of all the details. Just amazing.

Verax

just had to report back. I have ran a few stems through this gorgeous device. The vapor quality is decent. It’s a little too hot for me, I’ve only got the high heater. Looking forward to trying the low, as I’m a flavor chaser, and usually like lower temp extraction.

One of the things I’m loving though, is the customization of the experience. With an on demand convection heater, and with a fully adjustable distance from the heater to the “bowl”, I can really dial in exactly what I’m looking for. It’s going to be a really fun journey getting to know this little magic box.

All that aside, I find it a deeply personal experience, more so than most vaporizers. It’s like it’s a relic from a lost artisan, who’s craft has been forgotten. It’s nice to know that there are still people in the world making things like this with such an eye for quality and aesthetics. :)

Dan Morrison

Manufacturer
@Verax , The high heater is still, imo, an experimental heater that is reserved for users looking for quicker extraction at the cost of vapor quality.

Without practice and technique it's difficult to get great results from the high heater, I always recommend that people get the low heater to start.

I believe the default low (I should just call it standard or medium), heater is where it's at when it comes to vapor quality...meaning..taste, fullness, even extraction..etc..

I think I'll have to change the way I name these heaters and present them in my info material.

That said, there are things you can do to help with technique and tame the high heat so that it functions more closely to the low heater in terms of vapor quality. Most of those techniques are in the usage tutorial i just sent you via PM.

For starters, try a fine even grind, lightly tamped so that you have decent airflow, but your material doesn't fall out of the chamber when it's inverted.

Then move the chamber away from the end of the glass stem by about 3-5mm.

Use a battery that's at 3.7v instead of fresh off the charger at 4.2v. This might be helpful in dialing in technique at the start.

With the low heater, no need to modulate the fire button on/off, but with the high heater you might want to pulse the fire button on and off to keep the heater from getting too hot.

And finally, remember that the faster air flows through a tube, the more concentrated that airflow will be towards the center of that tube. To avoid center hot spots with the high heater, it's better to pulse the fire button and draw slower to maintain a slow airflow through the chamber.

Hope that gets you better results! Keep the posts coming! :D

Top Bottom