• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

The Nomad From Morwood

ClearBlueLou

unbearably light in the being....
Thank you for the replies, friends. I have been on a list before and am on one now; I was brought over here by a chance remark in a different thread, so I've only known about the Nomad for a few minutes. The price is right where I thought it might be, given the beautiful workmanship, and a year's wait for a hand-crafted thing of such beauty seems quite reasonable.

I ought to at least read through the thread first, though

Last edited:

Mr. Me2

Thank you for the replies, friends. I have been on a list before and am on one now; I was brought over here by a chance remark in a different thread, so I've only known about the Nomad for a few minutes. The price is right where I thought it might be, given the beautiful workmanship, and a year's wait for a hand-crafted thing of such beauty seems quite reasonable.

It’s a very worthwhile journey

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
as usual these are beautiful @Dan Morrison ... i have a question about the process that has probably been answered so sorry if it has ... are you hand-painting each of the sleeves? if not how are you getting the design on them? thanks!

There is a website that Dan gives you a link to that has a hundred or more crafted paper designs you can choose from. He also does some hand-painted sleeves at an added cost.

OMG..I’m in batch 3....

Me too! Yay us! :rockon::rockon:

You might enjoy scrolling through this "Best of Nomad" thread. You can see the development from some of the earliest images and designs posted in this thread: https://www.pinterest.de/GonzodaHutt/vaporizer-nomad-from-morwood/

warren0728

i am thinking about getting on this list ... it seems like the design process could be overwhelming though ... those that already have one ... how was the design process and about how long did the design take?

warren0728,
Reactions: Ramahs

little maggie

i am thinking about getting on this list ... it seems like the design process could be overwhelming though ... those that already have one ... how was the design process and about how long did the design take?
I think it depends. Dan has pages of designs to look at. You can look at those and leave as is or edit to select a part of the pattern. Simple. I think quite a few that have been made are modifications of the ones Dan listed. But if you want to design your own it might get complicated. I'd post a pic of mine that Dan sent but I have no idea how to. I just chose a design I liked and didn't do anything else.

warren0728

I think it depends. Dan has pages of designs to look at. You can look at those and leave as is or edit to select a part of the pattern. Simple. I think quite a few that have been made are modifications of the ones Dan listed. But if you want to design your own it might get complicated. I'd post a pic of mine that Dan sent but I have no idea how to. I just chose a design I liked and didn't do anything else.
i'm thinking you also choose wood types, button styles, and other customization's too? it sounds like fun but daunting as well (this coming from a graphic designer lol)!

little maggie

i'm thinking you also choose wood types, button styles, and other customization's too? it sounds like fun but daunting as well (this coming from a graphic designer lol)!
I think that it might be complicated for a graphic designer. But I really didn't do much because Dan offered choices and I just picked ones I liked. So for me it was more like multiple choice. I think for a designer it would be more of an open process.

lieutenantlemons

There is a website that Dan gives you a link to that has a hundred or more crafted paper designs you can choose from. He also does some hand-painted sleeves at an added cost.

Me too! Yay us! :rockon::rockon:

You might enjoy scrolling through this "Best of Nomad" thread. You can see the development from some of the earliest images and designs posted in this thread: https://www.pinterest.de/GonzodaHutt/vaporizer-nomad-from-morwood/

I hadn't seen that pinterest board before! There's some super interesting stuff here! Those old Nomad concepts are almost nostalgic at this point. I would love to see that curved glass stem from the early concepts make a return.

Nomad #026 here. Got mine earlier than most. Doing a thorough assessment of the the device before making a review. Feel free to post some questions, still getting a feel for the device. Dan already posted some great photos but I suppose my latest vape deserves another

XR3IQFP

That button cover looks amazing!

The design process isn't all too bad. Once your time to order comes, Dan sends out an email with the various different wood, sleeve, etc options that are available. Assuming you are curious about other options that aren't in the email you can just ask Dan directly if it's possible and you just go from there. Once the design is set, he will send you some mockups.

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
For me it was easy. I just told Dan to do whatever he wants. I didn't want to second guess my choices later on so I just left it up to the artist to make art. From the pictures I've seen of it I think I made the right (non)decision. :nod:

:peace:

warren0728

For me it was easy. I just told Dan to do whatever he wants. I didn't want to second guess my choices later on so I just left it up to the artist to make art. From the pictures I've seen of it I think I made the right (non)decision. :nod:

:peace:

that's exactly what i have been thinking ... just tell him to make me something cool!

how about getting a second sleeve ... anybody doing that?

little maggie

Nomad #026 here. Got mine earlier than most. Doing a thorough assessment of the the device before making a review. Feel free to post some questions, still getting a feel for the device. Dan already posted some great photos but I suppose my latest vape deserves another

https://i.imgur.com/7SFctSk.jpg
Can you repost the image? I get an error message when I try to see it.

(Also I'd love to see Stu's- is it posted somewhere?)
Found mine posted by Dan. Love it. You can't see from this that he found a button that looks like a fish eye.
9c022115b17109fc22ff168b04095920.jpg

Last edited:

Montezhuma

ClearBlueLou

Having been genuinely impressed by what I’ve seen and read, I feel like I should ask: how is it as a vape?

I am not yet wise to these things: I have Vapcaps, I have a Ghost, I have a 510-thread variable-voltage battery - the last two acquired since the first of this year. I gather that one loads the stem and not a bowl, pod, or capsule, and that the heat is convection. Other than that? If it’s all in the thread, just say so....:wave:

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
The other day I was hitting the Nomad while watching a series. Must have spent one half hour doing that and I was feeling: crap, it's not working well, I'm only getting super wispy hits but the cell is fresh, what the fuck?

When finally I inspected the stem, I realized it was empty and I've been vaping the oil residues on the screens for all that time... :doh:

As Homer says: "doh! doh! doh!".

Copacetic

Somewhere North of The Wall
The other day I was hitting the Nomad while watching a series. Must have spent one half hour doing that and I was feeling: crap, it's not working well, I'm only getting super wispy hits but the cell is fresh, what the fuck?

When finally I inspected the stem, I realized it was empty and I've been vaping the oil residues on the screens for all that time... :doh:

As Homer says: "doh! doh! doh!".
Screen will be nice and clean now though right?

Edit:
BTW that's another tasty little Nomad there @Stu , thanks for the pic's .

Anyone else in the UK waiting for a Nomad?

Last edited:

Vaporware

Having been genuinely impressed by what I’ve seen and read, I feel like I should ask: how is it as a vape?

I am not yet wise to these things: I have Vapcaps, I have a Ghost, I have a 510-thread variable-voltage battery - the last two acquired since the first of this year. I gather that one loads the stem and not a bowl, pod, or capsule, and that the heat is convection. Other than that? If it’s all in the thread, just say so....:wave:

It’s all in the thread, but the most important point you didn’t mention is that the Nomad is unregulated. That means that like the Milaana, Li’l Bud, MVT, etc. you hold down the button to turn on the heater and let it go to turn it off, so you can’t set a specific temperature but you do get the advantage of a simple and easily user servicable system that has few ways to fail on you (seriously damaging metal that’s part of the circuit is the only way I see, but I’m not an expert on this stuff).

It heats up quickly though because it’s also a high surface area heater like those mentioned above and the Splinter and similar 510 attachments. Dan designed his own, so while the general idea is similar, this is not the same heater any of those have.

Mine’s in the next batch, but from what I’ve seen the low/medium heater is gentle compared to the heaters in some of the others, so even drawing and holding the button down the whole time should be fine. With the high temp heater, that could possibly lead to some scorching, but for a shorter and faster draw it may be the better option. Fortunately the heaters are as easy to swap as the battery, so you can get either or both and see what works best for you. :)

There are a few videos and reviews in the later parts of the thread, but since we’re only at the end of Batch 2 (started shipping this week) there are only about 30 of them out there. Hopefully we’ll get some more reviews and details from users’ perspectives over the next few weeks! :goon: :razz:

ClearBlueLou

Thank you VERY much, I think I’ll have no trouble staying on track.

Not incidentally, thanks also for explaining “regulated” and “unregulated” so clearly and vividly, that topic has always been pretty soggy for me but you’ve left me absolutely clear about it and the nature of the device.

BRB, gotta go get on a list...

Last edited:

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
Thank you VERY much, I think I’ll have no trouble staying on track.

Not incidentally, thanks also for explaining “regulated” and “unregulated” so clearly and vividly, that topic has always been pretty soggy for me but you’ve left me absolutely clear about it and the nature of the device.

BRB, gotta go get on a list...

And I've always loved unregulated devices. They take more practice at first, but once you have your technique down, unregulated devices are the best way to get the exact experience you want.

Top Bottom