• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

The need to combust

MileHigh

Now that I have been almost exclusively vaping for a couple of months, I find that pretty often lately when I have plenty of chronic I just feel like twisting a joint instead, which is almost always how I smoked before I got into vapes. I think about loading a vape bowl, but then I sort of get the feeling that I would much rather roll one up, and vaping would not satisfy me.

I know that vaping gets me at LEAST as high as smoking, but I have the theory that we get so used to the way we use herb that using it in a different manner does not fill the psychological need, the same way that even though patches give you plenty of nicotine, you still feel the need to have a cigarette.

Thoughts? Strategies on avoiding this?

MileHigh,

lwien

Totally agree with you. I haven't smoked joints in decades, but before I vaped, I smoked out of a glass spoon and a Protopipe and every once in awhile, maybe about twice a month, I'll get the urge to load up the spoon. So I do, and it immediately reminds me how much I enjoy vaping. It's like I'm suckin' on of a dirty ashtray.
Blechhhhhh............

Don't know if you smoke cigs. I haven't in ages, but if I did, I would imagine that cutting out smoking weed altogether would be a lot more difficult.

Bottom line: I vape every night except maybe once or twice a month when I get the token smoke urge.

So I don't try to avoid it. I just go along with the urge only to prove to myself once again how much I like vaping.

lwien,

aero18

vaporist
lwien said:
I just go along with the urge only to prove to myself once again how much I like vaping.
This is what I do. And the morning after I regret smoking and pledge to never smoke again. Then the cycle repeats. :lol:

aero18,

MileHigh

Update: I am very high right now.

The reason this is significant is because I have just had two stems out of the MZ. Two stems and I am struggling-to-write-this high. This is my second time vaping this herb, and both times I have gotten high as a kite. Top-five stuff I've had, possibly. Last night I thought it was a fluke because yesterday I smoked a very fat joint of this stuff and got nice and high, but nothing special. But now two stems has me ripped again. So approximately 0.05g of this stuff is getting me higher through the MZ than maybe a whole gram did in a joint. Is this possible? I've confirmed the strength of this stuff twice through each method now, and it seems to be the case.

The budtender at the dispensary did recommend this to me as a strong indica. It's a good ol' regular, pure Kush and it looks good, but not amazing. You'd think Sativas would tend to be enhanced more with a vape, what with higher THC percentages on average, wouldn't you?

MileHigh,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
Personally I have been amazed by my Zap on more than one occasion. (Last night to be exact) Unfortunately for me, all I usually get around here are low to mid-grade mids and the occasional killers.

Last night was a night of my regular mids and I was just boo-hooing in my head about not having glass, or not having a milk-hit vape, or not having my VG anymore. So I sat and got zapped. 13.5v Zapped. 4 stems zapped...

Needless to say, I had a hard time typing too.
I was smashed. (And loved it)

AGBeer,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
My first year of vaping I was anti-combustion...a true vapor snob.

Then I ran across some regs that wouldn't vape worth a shit, but they smoked fine. My theory is that the regs have very little surface thc...maybe it's mostly in the plant matter, so the only way to get at it is to combust. But smoking them got me high as shit.

That's when I realized that I can interchange smoking and vaping for tolerance purposes. But the smoking uses way more herb. I read somewhere that some of the thc is destroyed in combustion, so it makes sense that smoking doesn't get you as high.

At the moment I have about five different strains here...little supplies, to be sure. But between swapping out strains in the vape and smoking occassionally as well, the tolerance buildup is not as severe. I probably smoke about two to four times a week now, mostly dependent upon which method will be the stealthiest at the time.

stickstones,

Rick

Zapman
One thing about the human species is we are all so damn different which is so neat. They say we have the same needs and desires. Food, shelter, clothing, love, communication, security, etc but we all get there so differently. My future daughter in law said once "all women want is security". Sounded simple but it is O so complex. One persons security is another persons fear. I would venture to say lots of city folk would go nuts at the quiet and isolation of our life while at the same time we can not stay in town(small town) for more than a few hours.
So where the fuck is this going? It's the herb that trips a very old trigger in us. A trigger we like alot because mainly we are happy and mellow with a better attitude about our daily life. That herb is so crazy and mixed up by infinite arrays of essential ingredients AND how it is grown and harvested. Smoking has been part of human culture for what, thousands of years? Hard to just throw the smoke totally away. I do not smoke cigs, never have, but I have smoked since '67. Went vapor full time for a few years then off the wagon and now doing some of both, depending on my mood. The more I read here I think one reason I went back to some smoke was my vapor experience was so limited. I only used a Zap and never did anything with the ABV or water or ice so I only experienced a "beginning" level of vapor.
Gees, what a bunch of bullshit. Got a new bag yesterday. Totally different mix of Sativa to Indica. Ramble bud. Slowed my shop work but bounced me around all day. More S.

So yes, vapor is healthier. It is so much cleaner. It is sweeter. It is a more economical delivery system and on and on. But some smoke is here to stay on occasion for those of us who can handle it.
No guilt. Just what is, is. The urge probably goes back to tribal days.
I think there is an urge in me to somehow make an analogy to fucking but I cannot figure it out yet.

Rick,

MileHigh

Interesting theory Rick. I have thought some about that too I realize now, just never really put it together. I think one of the problems with vaping is that it is too processed, too mechanical. Smoking has been with us since forever, and pretty much every culture independently developed their own methods for smoking whatever substances they had available. I mean, going to a restaurant or buying all the ultra-processed food that's available nowadays is convenient and tasty, but sometimes you just wanna char a big hunk of freshly cut meat over a fire and sink your teeth into like an animal, you know?

MileHigh,

mnmlh

MileHigh said:
Update: I am very high right now.

The reason this is significant is because I have just had two stems out of the MZ. Two stems and I am struggling-to-write-this high. This is my second time vaping this herb, and both times I have gotten high as a kite. Top-five stuff I've had, possibly.
Are you vaping at 12v, 13.5 or some combination with a koozie? I bet a strong indica strain would be best at higher temp no? I just got some of the best stuff I've seen in the last year, and looking forward to vaping in my MZ later on. Heavy indica strain like you mentioned, which is why I ask.

mnmlh,

MileHigh

13.5v all the time for me, sometimes a koozie if the room is cold or drafty but not this time

MileHigh,

mnmlh

I'm going to have to try the koozie method this evening then. Just need to go get one.

mnmlh,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Rick said:
I think there is an urge in me to somehow make an analogy to fucking but I cannot figure it out yet.
Rick, start a thread in the 'askFC' forum and we'll explain fucking to you!
:lol:

stickstones,

lwien

stickstones said:
Rick said:
Rick, start a thread in the 'askFC' forum and we'll explain fucking to you!
:lol:
It's been proven that long term exposure to myrtlewood 'causes all primal instincts to totally disappear within the first year of exposure to this very dangerous and ominous wood.

Of course, long term exposure to cherry wood causes such horrendous symptoms that they just can't be discussed here.

lwien,
Top Bottom