• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

The miniVVPS - FC's Own Voltage Regulator

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
The 20v batteries will need to be stepped down into a lower voltage or else it will trip the overvoltage protection on the input line. The input line maxes out at about 17v.

The 12v ones however will work swimmingly! I've used my 12v drill battery to power it in the past and it worked really well.

Dr. Plutonious

Hey guys, been using CentiZen's mini VVPS with my brand new Ebony HI (check out the HI thread to see that!) and WOW. This thing has totally changed the game for me with the HI.

Everyone who has any experience with the HI know that at a standard 12 volts, it is extremely powerful, able to milk some good sized glass pieces completely with he right technique. I loved it for use with glass but I didn't really appreciate the HI with stems since I thought it ran too hot for that at 12 volts. It was nothing like the PD with a stem (which I LOVED). The mini VVPS allowed me to dial the HI way down to the 10.7 to 11.5 range for use with a glass stem and roasting tube and WOW. It's like using a PD. I can't believe how much I am enjoying it.

The set up for this unit is sleek and it doesn't take up much room. This is a great little device to own if you wanna spice up your love life with your log vape.

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
Yeah, I am really happy with the solutions I have been working on and I am just waiting on the mail before I can make them available. Won't be long now!

JJ420

chillin on the couch, sippin off a 22 ounce.
miniVVPS package came in the mail today with only a pair of batteries inside and no regulator.

edit: CentiZen's already on it. :tup: I do appreciate his customer service! :)

Last edited:
JJ420,

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
@JJ420 can you PM me your order number when you get this? I must have mixed your order up with my batteries. I am so sorry for the confusion and delay on getting you your miniVVPS.

I'm scrambling to get everything together and will get you another unit out via priority mail as soon as I get verification from you which address you ordered from. Again super sorry for the problems!

Last edited:
CentiZen,
Reactions: JJ420

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
I'm sure that is exactly what happened, that I did a big production run of batteries and mistook your order for one of them. I'll make sure to never do that again! Thanks for the quick replies; I'll get everything taken care of to have it in the mail tomorrow.

CentiZen,
Reactions: JJ420

herbivore21

@CentiZen and everyone in this thread: Can this be used with batteries to provide portable power on an E-Nano? I know this takes far higher voltage than other logs, but I would love this kind of solution!

herbivore21,

toros23

@CentiZen and everyone in this thread: Can this be used with batteries to provide portable power on an E-Nano? I know this takes far higher voltage than other logs, but I would love this kind of solution!

No, you would need a log that takes DC input. The E-Nano takes 110v AC. Check out the HI or Underdog, they will both work great with this vvps.

I have been using my mini-VVPS with my HI and an external battery pack that outputs 12vdc and am loving it! I am getting 7+ hours of portable use with the battery pack. This is a great little device!! Looks great, is really compact and works exactly as advertised!

herbivore21

Could I use a 12v DC to AC inverter such as what is found in a car to take care of this factor? I have a 150w rated one already!

herbivore21,

toros23

Could I use a 12v DC to AC inverter such as what is found in a car to take care of this factor? I have a 150w rated one already!

Doesn't the eNano have a dial to turn the heat/power up or down? If so, then that makes the VVPS unnecessary.

But yes, for eNano to work with DC source you would need a way to convert DC to AC.

toros23,

herbivore21

Doesn't the eNano have a dial to turn the heat/power up or down? If so, then that makes the VVPS unnecessary.

But yes, for eNano to work with DC source you would need a way to convert DC to AC.
Unless I want to use it with batteries! :p Will make my own 8x C Battery pack and whack it into a backpack. C batteries seem to be the best size for capacity trade off!

herbivore21,

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
I have not investigated the potential of using the miniVVPS with the eNano or other epicVape products because I do not feel comfortable working with those products electrically. I am open to myself and other end users working with the safe, low voltage power that all of the other log vaporizers use - but AC 110V is exceptionally dangerous. I would not be willing to work with a vaporizer that uses it unless the design incorporates fail safe grounding.

I'm sorry that I couldn't be more helpful, but I think that the only responsible thing for me to do in this situation is to recommend against trying to create a high voltage battery system to use with your vaporizer. If anything I'd recommend a small personal generator or something like a motomaster eliminator that you can use, but even then I would not use the vaporizer outdoors where it could potentially get wet and create a high voltage shock hazard.

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
Hello there everyone,

I've been hard at work over the last little while on a special project for one of my friends here at FC. They had really come to like the look and feel of their Elfin tattoo machine power supplies, but they failed after a few months of use. They sent them to me and over the past little while I have been working on retrofitting and upgrading the power supplies into miniVVPS/Elfin hybrids.

I'm really happy with how it turned out. I was able to keep pretty much everything intact, use the old screen and knob. Normally a miniVVPS would output to a single barrel jack but in this case I rewired the old tattoo connectors so that it could be used with already owned cords. Here are some pictures of it running off of the latest battery prototype!

EP1NWFn.jpg

xa77k2s.jpg

zq9cn8e.jpg

I'm wondering what other people think of the look of this unit? I kind of like it, and I'm thinking about exploring them or a similar option as a case option in the future.

u bwade wunner

Ha ha It has been fun working on this with You.
The cables exiting the rear of the unit coupled with the space saving vertical design of the elfin make for a much tidier vape experience.The leds on this unit are crisp but dim making it perfect for a sleep area.
If you are a log owner, this will be a nice addition to youre set up.

Thanks Centizen and may I acknowledge you & your continuing great work for the community.:tup:

Last edited:

King

Accessory Maker
I got my hands on a miniVVPS battery which I've been told can run the UD for up to (and over?) two hours. I'm excited to take my UD along on a picnic once the weather warms up.
hbQIcNT.jpg

deadheadbill

I can see clearly now the smoke is gone...
I really dig it. Very ergonomic and sleek. I was thinking of getting one of your vvps for my new HI, but may wait for the new case now. I like it that much.

deadheadbill,

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place
I really like the one your selling now for my use but maybe I don't have a good sense of the size of the Elfin Box. Thinking of picking up a mini VVPS for my underdog in the next month or two and your work makes where to buy one a no brainer, @CentiZen. Pretty sure i'll be hitting you up for one.

JJ420

chillin on the couch, sippin off a 22 ounce.
I really like the one your selling now for my use but maybe I don't have a good sense of the size of the Elfin Box.

Just got mine (miniVVPS v3 #008) in the mail last week and the dimensions of this thing are small - about a little less than half the size of the Voltage Keeper. The miniVVPS is a sweet little unit! Looks a little old school compared to the VK, but I personally like that. Its rather tiny size couple with the battery pack CentiZen also sells would be a must have portable vaporizer combo in my opinion.

All in all it's a beautiful looking, simplistic little unit. Purchasing this thing or the VK, you really can't go wrong with either. Which ever one you choose you'll be getting a top-notch product and supporting the FC community in a way as well. Win-Win!

rosedale

Pardon my ignorance but if I wanted to use this with an Underdog, I would need a DC power supply cord as well? I was told that the UD is AC. Is this correct?

rosedale,

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
Pardon my ignorance but if I wanted to use this with an Underdog, I would need a DC power supply cord as well? I was told that the UD is AC. Is this correct?

No worries rosedale, electricity isn't the most intuitive thing to work with. Because the circuit in the Underdog and other log vapes based off it is so simple, it can use both AC and DC power supplies interchangeably. Dave has been supplying AC power adapters with new Dog's for a few years now, I think.

The miniVVPS is only capable of controlling DC power, so you would need to use a DC supply with it only. But it will work just fine for the underdog, which is my favorite out of my log vapes and is used most regularly with my own unit.

Top Bottom