• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

The Mighty/Mighty+ by Storz & Bickel

LutherBlissett

The Vape of Things to Come
Could anyone who own both the volcano and the mighty answer this, please.

I already have the crafty and love it, but its battery life is too short to be a daily driver. I am torn between the mighty and the volcano.

I am a really lazy bum and would like to keep cleaning to the minimum. I find I have to clean the crafty regularly (like every 12 sessions) and I imagine the mighty is similar?

Does the volcano require significantly less cleaning or is it similar to mighty/crafty?
Just get a Crafty with a battery pack. You can charge your phone with it too. :)

I own a Crafty and a Volcano. The Crafty requires much more regular cleaning.

LutherBlissett,

Justpassedu

Just get a Crafty with a battery pack. You can charge your phone with it too. :)

I own a Crafty and a Volcano. The Crafty requires much more regular cleaning.
I already own a volcano and a few battery packs. Appreciate your advice i just wanted to hear more about the antigravity from this member. I'd grab a crafty but its a little big for me for a portable and i see allot of users having problems with them .

Justpassedu,

elmomuzz

That just happened...
I have a antigravity xp-1. They come with cables to charge virtually anything including jumper cables to start your car and it fits into a smallish case. There are cheaper products that do the same thing for sale but antigravity supposedly uses higher quality cells and has theirs manufactured to a higher level with more included cables. They make a smaller and larger version as well.

adam_baumm

Ok. I thought this would happen at some point.
I lost a tiny chip of plastic of the top off my mighty, on top edge closest to the bowl.
It is a very small piece that chipped off, like a few grains of salt combined.
It does not effect operation at all but I am worried it will get worse.
I will not contact s&b for warranty repair unless it does get worse.
I will keep this thread posted.

adam_baumm,
Reactions: majher

majher

Ok. I thought this would happen at some point.
I lost a tiny chip of plastic of the top off my mighty, on top edge closest to the bowl.
It is a very small piece that chipped off, like a few grains of salt combined.
It does not effect operation at all but I am worried it will get worse.
I will not contact s&b for warranty repair unless it does get worse.
I will keep this thread posted.

I chipped 2 pieces on mine as well, same area i believe that you mentioned. Looks a bit weird but function still on point :)

adam_baumm

I wonder if they will have a mighty v2.
that area needs metal , just that area. And i hope they allow warranty customers to upgrade

adam_baumm,
Sorry to have to ask this but does everyone always close their Mighty to one side or do you guys switch? I always close mine so that it comes like in the picture and it seems as though the plastic morphed somewhat and looks uneven.

mariocaruana,

NYC5IKH5jabi

my mighty broke after daily use. the orange button no longer clicks so it wont turn on, charges fine lol but this thing aint got no remote app start lo l. the part that clicked broke and rattles around inside. needless to say, I am heart broken.

has anyone else heard of this issue in the mighty? will they fix it? I also had minor damage to the plastic like most people are reporting in the crafty section but it was still functional.

NYC5IKH5jabi,

adam_baumm

Sorry to have to ask this but does everyone always close their Mighty to one side or do you guys switch? I always close mine so that it comes like in the picture and it seems as though the plastic morphed somewhat and looks uneven.
95 percent of the time i have it like in the picture. My two sides of the plastic body were always a bit uneven. I think thats the design. They need a metal plate along the top of the unit so it won't chip away. S&B lets make this one improvement. I want this vape to last.

herbivore21

I used the Mighty for oils today for the first time with the oil pad (both with and without glass).

For certain applications, I think this is a great option - but you need to clean the Mighty sooooooooooooooooooooo frequently to the point of frustration when using it with oils.

I do find that the hits are super smooth, tasty and satisfying. This can be said of all convection oil hits. However, the flavour diminishes significantly and is lost completely long before the actives in the bowl are spent.

So, if you have an oil which is medically effective but tastes dreadful, I would suggest putting it through the Mighty to take the nasty edges off, just expect to have to reclaim a significant amount back and thoroughly clean out/cook off your Mighty afterwards ;)

The solo is wonderful and has been my portable for over two years but it can not compare to the mighty. The mighty has a much less restricted air path while at the same time denser vapor. It actually gives a denser hit then the plenty while taking less effort but gives less of them because the bowl is smaller. Here is the quick and nasty...

I want this so bad. I just bought the crafty, but haven't even opened it because now I'm thinking of getting the mighty. Did some reading on here and I hear it has way more faulty issues as to over heating before even finishing up a session. Supposedly do to the battery heating up and the heat sensor doesn't help that it's on the battery. With two batteries I doubt there is isn't an issue on this. The way you are breathing, sounds you are making, and the way you present yourself...... I want this so freaking bad!!!

Miguelamoncada86,

adam_baumm

Hi mixchu. I got mine direct it comes standard mail.

Does anyone here own a mighty and arizer air. My mighty never leaves the house, I would like a small portable For flower only. Any comparisons.

*sorry for back to back posts.
Modnote: Apology accepted. Posts merged.

Last edited by a moderator:
I want to share the way I clean my Mighty's cooling unit with the intention of collecting the oil and stuff that's collected inside. I'm pretty obsessed with getting the most out of my stuff (read:cheapskate) and I finally feel like I'm managing to do this without too much effort and without too much ethanol exposure to the cooling unit.

What I do is simple really, so ignore if someone's already posted something similar.
I start off by heating up the half of the cooling unit I'm going to work with first, making sure that I've removed all silicon o rings or whatever they're called. I do so with a hairdryer, making sure the unit gets pretty warm. The thing can take some heat as parts of it get pretty damn hot after a session.

Once heated, I use a spray bottle full of ethanol. I find it makes this process really easy. It doesn't spray too much ethanol at a time, it's rather small. I basically spray close to the unit to make sure it gets into the hard to reach places and displaces some of the oil. I then get one of the SnB brushes (I got an extra one with the maintenance kit) and brush the inside to loosen up stuff, then spray into the unit again and basically continue to brush and spray repeatedly. I do all this over a glass bowl (kitchen bowl) in which the excess oil-infused ethanol gathers. After repeating a few times I finish off with some more sprays of ethanol, making sure everything that drips out falls in the bowl. By this time the ethanol dripping into the bowl will be more or less oil free as the bulk of it will have been removed. I then proceed to rinse the cooling unit with warm water, but only after there is basically no oil left in the unit. I think it took me about 10 mins max per half. The unit was spotless after I was done with it. I like this method as I find no need to soak the plastic cooling unit in ethanol and the amount of time it comes into contact with ethanol is greatly reduced. Also the only part of the cooling unit that comes into contact with ethanol is the "dirty" part.

I was then left with a bowl of ethanol and oil. I just let it be for a day or two, till then ethanol evaporated. You'll find the bowl coated with yellow/golden oil and maybe some debris. You can then proceed to try scrape off the stuff or use some unbleached cotton to collect the stuff. You can also use cotton while there is still some ethanol as it's easier to work with, just make sure to let it all evaporate before using. If using cotton, the aim is to be left with a ball of cotton thats full of oil. You may then proceed to vape the oil cotton ball.

I've found that residue left behind from vaping is great to vape again although it produces a somewhat weird high. One of the "issues" I had with the Mighty is that it collects a lot of oil in the cooling unit, it has to as the vapour goes through a mini-maze before reaching your throat, that's why the hits are nice and cool. I felt like this was waste if just cleaned and not used(it is, although very understandable that some people can deal with a small amount of waste), but now as I find it easy to collect and reuse it's not an issue. It's actually nice to find that I still have something I can vape when my stuff has finished.

If anyone notices that I'm doing something wrong or potentially harmful please let me know. If you know of an easier method which results in collecting the oil instead of wasting it please share, assuming it doesn't mean leaving the cooling unit soak in ethanol.

mariocaruana,
Reactions: vapeppau

Mike M

How do the mighty and ff compare? ANY owners of both?
I have both, and equally love them. They are so apples and oranges in comparison.

The Mighty is the best of conduction, and does everything it says it does. Gets every bit out of your herb, is an ease to use, and leaves the ABV perfect, without any stirring.

The FF is the best of convection and an entirely different beast. I love the idea of hitting only when I want a hit, unlike the Mighty where the "Clock is ticking" from the moment you turn it on. Also, cleaning could not be easier and I love the feel of it in my hand.

With the Mighty, you have to really concentrate with how you manage the use since once you fire it up, it starts to cook.

With the FF, you can get lost in other endeavors (music, movies, etc) and not worry that you are wasting vape that is cooking.

I had the Mighty for the last month, and have been using exclusively, but then I went back to the FF, and fell in love with it again. The FF is harder to use,(there is technique to master) but I love that the session is completely under my control.

420democrat

I have both, and equally love them. They are so apples and oranges in comparison.

The Mighty is the best of conduction, and does everything it says it does. Gets every bit out of your herb, is an ease to use, and leaves the ABV perfect, without any stirring.

The FF is the best of convection and an entirely different beast. I love the idea of hitting only when I want a hit, unlike the Mighty where the "Clock is ticking" from the moment you turn it on. Also, cleaning could not be easier and I love the feel of it in my hand.

With the Mighty, you have to really concentrate with how you manage the use since once you fire it up, it starts to cook.

With the FF, you can get lost in other endeavors (music, movies, etc) and not worry that you are wasting vape that is cooking.

I had the Mighty for the last month, and have been using exclusively, but then I went back to the FF, and fell in love with again. The FF is harder to use,(there is technique to master) but I love that the session is completely under my control.

Thank you for the reply, I was under the impression that mighty and crafty are convection based and only cooked while hitting . And excelled in battery life so I was under the assumption it would operate like a easier more precise heavier hitting Ff. I can't imagine paying the asking price for a conduction device, they are all pretty much the same imho

420democrat,

Mike M

How do the mighty and ff compare? ANY owners of both?
Thank you for the reply, I was under the impression that mighty and crafty are convection based and only cooked while hitting . And excelled in battery life so I was under the assumption it would operate like a easier more precise heavier hitting Ff. I can't imagine paying the asking price for a conduction device, they are all pretty much the same imho
I think the Mighty uses a combination of Conduction and Convention, something I have read here. I don't want to diss the Mighty, I have it, and have been knocked out by its performance. Was just giving my two cents in comparing the two experiences.

One more thing about the FF, you will need to purchase two extra batteries and charging docks, to get the length of session you get with the Mighty.

420democrat

I think the Mighty uses a combination of Conduction and Convention, something I have read here. I don't want to diss the Mighty, I have it, and have been knocked out by its performance. Was just giving my two cents in comparing the two experiences.

One more thing about the FF, you will need to purchase two extra batteries and charging docks, to get the length of session you get with the Mighty.

The mighty certainly looks imprestive and I would love to have it. But since I've started my vape journey convection has become a must for me. I just have a preference. I.e with my ff at aNY given activities or even work I can simply walk around a corner or go to the bathroom and vape a whOle bowl in <2 min. Or I can Sttech a bowl over the course of a day heating to take one or two tokes and putting it away. that is stealth beyond anything conduction no matter the size and more efficent. I want something with that kind of function bUT easier use and or bigger clouds. Either way the mighty is a very impressive tempting vaporizer

420democrat,
Top Bottom