The Mighty/Mighty+ by Storz & Bickel

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Out for delivery! Yea!
But it’ll have to wait. I’m working until 5 today.
They usually arrive with good charge, not taking long to top it off. This gives you just enough time to fiddle around with the accessories, and take a glance thru the manual. I assume it still comes with all the trimmings.
While I don't think you 'need' to do a burnoff, it would be prudent to run it up to temp. empty, just to be sure there's not some drastic problem.
You may have a faint 'new vape' taste for a couple of chambers, but that goes away soon.
Enjoy!

WildChild

Seeking My Shangri-La
Out for delivery! Yea!
Do yourself a favour, @Moses Baca , and give your Mighty a LONG first charge (7-8 hrs). According to experts here, it will increase the lifetime of your battery. Just sayin'... Although I know waiting can be a pain in the ass when you get a new unit. But's it's worth it...

Enjoy your Mighty!

OF

To be honest, I don't know enough about lithium ion batteries to challenge that. I'm only going by what @OF has mentioned several times. But fair enough.

Enjoy your Mighty, @Moses Baca . :)

I'll stick by my advice. Complete charges should be avoided if possible (cut into total cycles before the cell needs replacement). And most charge circuits send a tiny current out to sense the battery.

Stopping 10% early will DOUBLE the useful life of the battery.

I'm sure we all know of a laptop or cell phone that no longer 'holds a charge' having lived habitually plugged in so it was 'ready to go'? This is why.

Then again, we each get to make a call here. Good information on the topic here:
https://batteryuniversity.com/learn/article/how_to_prolong_lithium_based_batteries

OF

WildChild

Seeking My Shangri-La
I'll stick by my advice. Complete charges should be avoided if possible (cut into total cycles before the cell needs replacement). And most charge circuits send a tiny current out to sense the battery.

Stopping 10% early will DOUBLE the useful life of the battery.

I'm sure we all know of a laptop or cell phone that no longer 'holds a charge' having lived habitually plugged in so it was 'ready to go'? This is why.

Then again, we each get to make a call here. Good information on the topic here:
https://batteryuniversity.com/learn/article/how_to_prolong_lithium_based_batteries

OF
Do you still maintain that the very first charge should be an extended one, @OF? Or have I confused facts?

I appreciate your previous response, Sir. Thank you.

OF

Do you still maintain that the very first charge should be an extended one, @OF? Or have I confused facts?

I appreciate your previous response, Sir. Thank you.

Yes, although that's a slightly different topic? The idea is to 'form' as much active material as possible. After the first serious discharge that is lost, all you ever had on that first charge is the most you can ever get in terms of capacity, it only goes down.

The key is that 'trickle' or 'search current'. Even after shutting down charging (which happens when current drops to 10% of maximum meaning there's still a little bit left?), that current will very slowly continue to charge in most (but not all) cases. I recommend a four or more hour treatment for absolute maximum performance from that cell. I generally leave them on charge 'overnight' one time only.

Fine points, but in the end it means extra sessions. Your call.

OF

shredder

My og mighty is now 5 yr old and still on the og batteries. Most of the time I left it plugged in. Despite this abuse I still get 4-5 bowls per charge depending.

My (I say my , but my wife uses it more) much newer mighty, now one year old, gets 5-6 bowls on the supposedly 20% bigger batteries, even though I'm more careful now.

So I don't think there's any need to obsess on how to treat your batteries. Good practices, yes but, don't worry, be happy!

shredder

@JCat will have a replacement battery pack when you need it or you can pay S&B more than the price of a new unit on sale to swap them for you.:disgust:

So true, sad but true, lol.

I've been saving my old mighty for a trade in. The plastic body/top barely seals anymore. I pull down on the cooling unit when I hit it to make it seal. Real high tech shit here. A water (piu)adapter finished the plastic on one side. Where was your file the knobs tip when I needed it?, Lol.

But its like my first car, a 64 Chevy Bel air, you just can't kill the SOB.

As time goes by though, if all that's offered next is a mighty +, I'll just use the old beast till it's dead then pitch it. Pretty much like that Chevy, I got tired of looking at it.

OF

Since we're (or rather you, I don't own one of these guys) are on this topic, the standard practice is to design around 300 cycles (recharges) using the allowed range between charge ending, (typically 4.25 Volt plus or minus .05 Volts) and the 'cutoff' level (typically 3.3 Volts or so). This practice is so wide spread that charge control ICs aren't available for other than 4.2 to 4.3 Volts. The military often specifies 3.95 so the batteries don't need changing in the field but the only 'mil spec' controllers I could find were not only much more expensive but typically had 1000 or even 10,000 minimum buys. All the makers that use this class of cells wants to push it as far as they can since 'big numbers sell'. They want the longest possible run time without killing the battery too fast.

And who can blame them? They'd love to sell you a replacement......

It's obviously not as big an issue with easily replaceable packs. But in typical cases you can expect to charge 300 times or more before capacity suffers. You get to decide if that's a year of once a day or six years of once a week. And the end is not hard, as the BU article describes, you just get fewer and fewer sessions per charge until you decide it's time.

Best Holiday wishes to all.

OF

Moses Baca

Colorado State Reformatory #8755
Out for delivery! Yea!

And...I missed it.

Apparently I need to sign for the package. I ran home at lunch, about the time the mail usually shows up, but it wasn't here yet. I'll pick it up at the post office tomorrow morning on my way to work. At least I'll have it to play with tomorrow night and then I have the next two days off so I'll really get a chance to check it out! Soon!

GoGlass

Hello Guys,

Does someone has tried this new Cooling Unit for the mighty, it's made of inox, with a Titianium tip :

The link (it's a french company) :
https://www.docteur-vaporisateur.co...-refroidissement-pour-mighty-en-inox-ftv.html

unite-de-refroidissement-pour-mighty-en-inox-ftv.jpg

OF

Hello Guys,

Does someone has tried this new Cooling Unit for the mighty, it's made of inox, with a Titianium tip :

No, I haven't. I'm flying under false colors as I've said, I don't own any S&B products.

Interesting choice of materials for them I think. Stainless Steel (inox in French) is a relatively poor conductor of heat. We want good conductors here? And harder to work then most? Many other metals make better engineering sense. Then Ti for a MP? Very hard to machine, the extra expense and amazing high temperature performance a waste? But both appeal from a marketing POV I guess?

I'd say if they picked easier to work with and cheaper materials (SS is no joy, Ti a PITA) we'd have a cheaper, more efficient product?

Reminds me of custom cars in a way. Or accessories for sail boats......

OTOH, they are in the business of making what customers want to buy.

OF

Kimosabe

Educator/Cannabis Evangelist
A descent concentrate pen? I use a green bullet and a good pen battery or box mod.
A great alternative is the Brain Foger from MIG. I orefer the A coil.

Kimosabe,

Moses Baca

Colorado State Reformatory #8755
Hello Guys,

The link (it's a french company) :
https://www.docteur-vaporisateur.co...-refroidissement-pour-mighty-en-inox-ftv.html

unite-de-refroidissement-pour-mighty-en-inox-ftv.jpg

Troy at 420 Vape Zone has a review. The last line sums it up pretty well - "I love the way it looks and feels, but it fits way too tight and I still prefer the vapor from the plastic cooling unit."

https://420vapezone.com/metal-mighty-cooling-unit-stainless-steel-upgrades-for-the-mighty-vaporizer/

GoGlass

Troy at 420 Vape Zone has a review. The last line sums it up pretty well - "I love the way it looks and feels, but it fits way too tight and I still prefer the vapor from the plastic cooling unit."

https://420vapezone.com/metal-mighty-cooling-unit-stainless-steel-upgrades-for-the-mighty-vaporizer/

Yes it was with the first version. Now the news SS Cooling Units doesnt have this problem, it has been solved.

But Troy seems to say that "The vapor from the stainless steel cooling unit doesn’t feel as fluffy and smooth as it does from the plastic cooling unit, but it tastes better and has a more direct punchiness to it."

So i like the idea of this new CU, but if the vapor is "HOTTER and HARSHER" (Troy words) i'm not sure that it will interested me...

shredder

Yes it was with the first version. Now the news SS Cooling Units doesnt have this problem, it has been solved.

But Troy seems to say that "The vapor from the stainless steel cooling unit doesn’t feel as fluffy and smooth as it does from the plastic cooling unit, but it tastes better and has a more direct punchiness to it."

So i like the idea of this new CU, but if the vapor is "HOTTER and HARSHER" (Troy words) i'm not sure that it will interested me...

You have to keep in mind not everyone vapes like Troy. Compared to me he's a fire breathing dragon, lol.

He usually uses his mighty way hotter than my wife and I. We stay between 360°F and 380°F. He takes giant long hits, we take a few puffs.

To each their own, and I love Troy's videos, but not everyone is Troy.

Top Bottom