The Mighty/Mighty+ by Storz & Bickel

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I drop mine (the whole disassembled CU) into a jar of 99.9% iso and ultrasonic clean for 10 minuted before I put them in just water for another 10, I never remove o-rings as that is usually when they get stretched or damaged the most.:2c:

Thanks dude!

I don't think its very dirty since my mighty hasn't been used too much, though its been enjoyable!

uhranium

I vape at max temperature on an empty bowl then open up the unit and tear out all the oil via a q-tip and vape the reclaim. I once went 9 days in a row without ever putting in fresh herb in it :science:

no idea if it's healthy though, are q-tips bleached or something?

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Thank you! Any risk of using iso instead with the peek parts? Even just for a quick wash, no soak
Iso is no problem except reports that the logo 'decal' on the slider can come loose with too much soaking. I haven't seen this, and I've soaked it many times.
I do all the same as @LesPlenty but I don't have an ultrasonic cleaner. I put the parts in a ziplock with iso then half submerge the bag in hot water for a while, shaking a couple of times.

When dis-assembling c/u, if it is tight, warm it a little first by turning Mighty on briefly. I usually don't remove the c/u screen. You can push down on the center post as additional force when separating the two halves. When re-assembling, make certain the small o-ring on that post is seated down, or it can be torn when the sliding lock engages the post. (Interesting, I read that the new Crafty+ comes with spares of this o-ring, but not the others...).

When Mighty was daily driver I could tell when the c/u needed cleaning just by how it felt to hold it and tap with a finger nail. A clean c/u is lighter and has a hollow 'plastic' tap sound, a gunky one just makes a dull 'thunk'.

WakeVape&Bake

Everyone has their Mighty improvement wish list. I guess I have mine too. But anytime I use any other device.....any other device, desktop or portable....I come back to the Mighty. This tells me, in my life anyway, the Mighty is still king. When I see anyone get anywhere near the throne, I’ll start bitching about SB’s stasis. Till then, it’s fill a capsule and enjoy....:lol::clap:

well, since i´ve got my Volcano Hybrid, the Mighty is not used that much anymore.

the Hybrid is much stronger than the Mighty

the S&B vaporizers are on another level than the rest on the market

blackstone

I vape at max temperature on an empty bowl then open up the unit and tear out all the oil via a q-tip and vape the reclaim. I once went 9 days in a row without ever putting in fresh herb in it :science:

no idea if it's healthy though, are q-tips bleached or something?

You could get a bamboo wood or plastic skewer, and it's recommended to use organic cotton (free of pesticides)

I buy those round woven cosmetic pads and cut into quarters.
Volcano makes reclaim cotton taste and work very good IMO, so I didn't try vaping it in the Mighty for a while.
Nice to hear from other reclaim people though!

When Mighty was daily driver I could tell when the c/u needed cleaning just by how it felt to hold it and tap with a finger nail. A clean c/u is lighter and has a hollow 'plastic' tap sound, a gunky one just makes a dull 'thunk'.

I can also feel this weight or clunkiness, but that's interesting about the sound because they use oil as a damper
in some percussion instruments and (hydraulic) drum heads.
We could say our cooling unit is getting a bit hydraulic!
When I run about 7g through the Mighty I figured I condense about 0.2 of reclaim.

I saw this funny review for a (crafty) C/U on the Storz site,
It sounds like they kept using till it was blocked, and when they tried to clean it they just bought a new one!
There's probably a lot of that out there, that stuff is like treacle if you don't know how to move it.
Purchased a new cooling unit after trying to clean my original clogged one. Cheap a d quick service!

vapviking

Old & In the Way
I can also feel this weight or clunkiness, but that's interesting about the sound because they use oil as a damper
in some percussion instruments and (hydraulic) drum heads.
We could say our cooling unit is getting a bit hydraulic!
When I run about 7g through the Mighty I figured I condense about 0.2 of reclaim.

I saw this funny review for a (crafty) C/U on the Storz site,
It sounds like they kept using till it was blocked, and when they tried to clean it they just bought a new one!
There's probably a lot of that out there, that stuff is like treacle if you don't know how to move it.
It can get crazy when any fluids and music are combined!

I've talked to a couple of new vapers who basically gave up when they learned that there's maintenance involved with flower vapes (I know, some more than others...).
"I had one of those pax's but it got all clogged up after a while..."

edit;
I meant to add that while I love how well the c/u works, I'm not a fan of the 'reclaim factory' aspect of it. More cooling = more reclaim to deal with, and conversely less strength in the hit that partially evaporated in the c/u on its' way to your taste buds. So, when I can I use a wpa and small-ish water tool.

Last edited:

mitchgo61

I go where the thrills are
I meant to add that while I love how well the c/u works, I'm not a fan of the 'reclaim factory' aspect of it. More cooling = more reclaim to deal with, and conversely less strength in the hit that partially evaporated in the c/u on its' way to your taste buds. So, when I can I use a wpa and small-ish water tool.
I do find the Mighty a bit of a royal pain to clean. Even using capsules and a screen....I can lengthen the time between cleanings, but not avoid them for more than ten-twelve days.

But it’s worth it for the cool vapor IMO....much less stress on the lungs....
Thank you! Any risk of using iso instead with the peek parts? Even just for a quick wash, no soak
SB says not to soak in iso for longer than an hour. I’ve soaked in 91% iso for 45 minutes with no problem.

Last edited:

disGRUNTled

Happy Friday , getting high AF vaping Blue Dream in the Mighty.Listening to the new Action Bronson album.
87c75ff9-92bb-4159-ab7c-9ee62d48e317.jpg

e5242c7b-ec82-4ff8-b0e6-6f5c5165fc15.jpg

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
So my friend pretty much stopped using the Mighty and went back to combustion... upon inspection I noticed the entire bowl was caked in crusty burnt on carbon preventing the vaporizer from working properly.

Crazy how well this vape can actually work when the ENTIRE bottom screen isn't clogged... spent about 30 minutes with some q tips, Simple Green, and distilled water and got the thing looking and ripping like brand new again. Definitely agree with the above posts that a clean Mighty makes a significant difference! I've suggested to my friend to only use it with dosing capsules from now on if they don't want to maintain it regularly......

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Where can I buy the dome like screen to place on top of the load in the Mighty?
The typical treatment for top screen is to use a slightly modified standard S&B Mighty screen (I would use the regular, not the fine). Take a pair of scissors and make a cut that goes in from the edge to the center. Some call it pac-man. This cut will allow you to dome it a little and fit it into the chamber, with the concave side 'up'. I would usually use some pick or a pin to remove it after use.
If you're using real small loads, you can use oils pad on top of load instead of a screen.

Mr. Me2

The typical treatment for top screen is to use a slightly modified standard S&B Mighty screen (I would use the regular, not the fine). Take a pair of scissors and make a cut that goes in from the edge to the center. Some call it pac-man. This cut will allow you to dome it a little and fit it into the chamber, with the concave side 'up'. I would usually use some pick or a pin to remove it after use.
If you're using real small loads, you can use oils pad on top of load instead of a screen.
I always used a traditional pipe screen rather than using a S&B screen, but just as described by @vapviking. Works like a charm!

Modicum

Yes Guy's , but a friend had this shield like piece of metal with about 3 doz. holes poked in it that is placed on the top of the load b4 putting the CU back into place.He forgot where he got it from and I was wondering if anyone was familiar with this "screen". I found it better than the fore mentioned pipe screens.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
I always used a traditional pipe screen rather than using a S&B screen, but just as described by @vapviking. Works like a charm!
Thanks for reminding, had forgotten I used to do that as well. Either/or!
I don't do either anymore; the collection has grown since Mighty came here and I have "options".
Yes Guy's , but a friend had this shield like piece of metal with about 3 doz. holes poked in it that is placed on the top of the load b4 putting the CU back into place.He forgot where he got it from and I was wondering if anyone was familiar with this "screen". I found it better than the fore mentioned pipe screens.
Sounds like it may be a standard screen from another vape. The Grasshopper's mouthpiece screen is like that, a rigid disk with holes, but those are probably too big (and not available individually).

Last edited:
vapviking,
Reactions: Mr. Me2
Top Bottom