The Mighty/Mighty+ by Storz & Bickel

mitchgo61

I go where the thrills are
This might sound like a strange question but can anyone with a good sense of smell/taste comment on whether this unit emits any kind of plastic/silicone or any foreign aromas when heated up with an empty chamber after a good cleanup?
I'm pretty sensitive to those kinds of smells in vaporizers and I feel like this is a true test for a vaporizer's vapor purity, without any herb masking what's going on.
No. I’m also super sensitive to odors. When brand new there’s a bit of “new electronics “ smell but it goes away immediately. There’s no plastic odor or taste.

As for flavor quality I think the Mighty is pretty impressive. It’s no FF but overall I find it reveals the flavor of weed quite nicely. :2c:

david8613

Hi guys, I wanted to ask how many of you mighty users are using the dosing capsules? Is it more convenient? Do you still get medicated the same as using just the bowl the regular way? I brought the dosing kit, I like the idea of popping in capsules really quick and keeping bowl clean, but not sure if it's more hassle, wanted to hear your experience.

seki

Hi guys, I wanted to ask how many of you mighty users are using the dosing capsules? Is it more convenient? Do you still get medicated the same as using just the bowl the regular way? I brought the dosing kit, I like the idea of popping in capsules really quick and keeping bowl clean, but not sure if it's more hassle, wanted to hear your experience.

I have a Crafty and by many accounts the experience is the same, or at the very least extremely similar. When I initially researched the Mighty/Crafty prior to purchase, I kept seeing the same refrain over and over: "Use the dosing caps" usually accompanied by a superlative then an explanation as to how they are more convenient and keep your chamber cleaner.

All of that sounded pretty good to me, and cleaning is a pain, so I thought "That looks like the way to go."

After 10 months of semi-regular use, I feel like those opinions are wrong for me. All of the pros you hear about the caps are somewhat true depending on your particular situation, except for the effectiveness of your material inside. I've read a lot of opinions stating that there is no difference between using a cap and loading native, but I found that packing the bowl direct gave me a better experience with better effects overall. I find for smaller doses, using a concentrate pad between your material and the CU screen to be more effective than using a cap.

I also find filling the caps ahead of time to be annoying and time consuming. I will load a few caps for convenience if I know I will be away from home for a while, but when using it at home, filling the caps feels like an unnecessary waste of time to me. I also have an S&B filling kit and it just sits here unused.

Also, while the dosing caps do tend to keep your chamber cleaner longer, after 60+ hours put into mine, the majority of which was used with a dosing cap, it's still starting to stain brown along the rim of the bowl. To clarify, the very first use of my Crafty was native, and then I used dosing caps exclusively without exception up until about a month ago. I decided to go without the cap as I was doing a side-by-side comparison with a newly acquired Milaana, and it was already noticeably stained at that point.

Baron23

I've read a lot of opinions stating that there is no difference between using a cap and loading native, but I found that packing the bowl direct gave me a better experience with better effects overall. I find for smaller doses, using a concentrate pad between your material and the CU screen to be more effective than using a cap.

I too do not like the dosing capsules (DCs, yeah) for flower and also do not think I get as good of an extraction. Its ok, but not great.

I also top my Mighty loads with a liquid pad. Yes, for reduced load size but even for a fairly full oven. I find that the LP enhances the degree of conduction in this hybrid system and I get very complete extraction.

The only thing I use dosing caps for is flower/trate sandwiches. Bit of flower, bit of 'trates, more flower on top. Its a killer.

Also, and I know, I know, I know this is a personal thing and we are all different. But keeping the oven from staining was never even a consideration for me. These things get used and it will show. I'm not saying I don't clean my Mighty, I do and I keep my stuff in very good condition. Its just for me, using dosing caps in order to keep that little ring of ceramic white was just not worth the trade off based on my priorities. To me, it gets like well used Meerschaum pipe. The stains show the love it received over the years.

shredder

I've used the Capsules ever since they came out. Love them for the convenience.

Cleaning is easy. For one if you use the caps you don't need a screen in your cooling unit. That saves time and effort right there.

When I dump the abv I give caps a quick swish with the s and b brush. If they're stained with resins I soak them overnight in iso. How hard is that?

Loading is simple and they provide tools to load. I fill eight in about 10 minutes. And 8 filled caps last as long as 8 bowls..

LesPlenty

Company Rep
I've used the Capsules ever since they came out. Love them for the convenience.
I filled 50 of them for a camping trip, too convenient but they did not stop the staining for me either.:tup:

I also picked up a plenty and got reducer for her, that's another reason I wanted to try the capsules.
The money would have been better spent to feed the Plenty like so,
img_20190615_171452-jpg.10045

I think the Mighty is like the Plenty in that they both like a full bowl to give the best results, as they were designed, the caps are afterthoughts for marketing purposes and convenience.:)

justcametomind

I go with DC all the times. They hold 200mg and for me that's plenty enough to get very well medicated. After vaping a full DC in a single session I wouldn't ask for more ever (or tell that if I vaped a nude bowl I could be more medicated).
If you go without DC, the key factory is emptying the bowl immediately after vaping so the bowl stays clean.

david8613

I tried the dosing cap last night works really well! That dosing cap kit makes it super easy to load 40 capsules in a jiffy, the mighty is pretty awesome, you have options, want to go all out full sesh, load full natively, you want micro dose do a cap. Or run liquid pad, I like options! Although I like my ghost mv1, she only can only do the crucibles.

Last edited:

chris 71

Hey guys , just wondering im considering getting a mighty . But i was just reading on the hybrid valcano thread and someone said they have a crafty and the manual says to change the cooling unit every 2 weeks !?!? That sounds crazy to me . Maybe clean it every 2 weeks ? Anyway could this be just to try and get you to spend money buying cooling units ? Is there any chance its because the plastic starts to degrade ? The plastic is the only thing that has stopped me from ordering a mighty for a long time . Any thoughts on why the hell they would recomend changing the cooling unit every 2 weeks !??! I dont have a manual so i dont even know if it does indeed recomend this but ... if it does ?

darbarikanada

change the cooling unit every 2 weeks

the manual says to clean it "on a regular basis", doesn't say anything about changing it. I've had mine for 4 years, still use the original CU. how often you need to clean it will depend on use, but you don't need extras. if you want to make cleaning a bit easier than an alcohol soak, you can swab the CU with Q-tips when it's warm (after a session or just turn it on and take a few empty draws) - that gets most of the reclaim. I think I clean mine about every 20-30 bowls.

the items the mighty comes with are everything you need, probably for a very long time if you take good care of it. vape critic and 420 vape zone still give it their top rating after all these years - I say go for it and you'll never regret it.

darbarikanada

What metal grinder do you recommend for the mighty?

the mighty isn't fussy about grind so (IMHO) you can go with pretty much anything - even the plastic one that comes with.

perfect avb!

you get perfect avb without capsules too, never have to stir. I've yet to hear about an all-convection vape that doesn't need stirring or rotating the bowl.

david8613

the mighty isn't fussy about grind so (IMHO) you can go with pretty much anything - even the plastic one that comes with.

you get perfect avb without capsules too, never have to stir. I've yet to hear about an all-convection vape that doesn't need stirring or rotating the bowl.

Your right about that, full convection is nice but stirring sucks.

seki

Stolen from a Reddit post, but it looks like Canopy Growth is looking to release up to 15(!) new vape SKUs by this December. I'm sure some of these SKUs include vape pens for pre-filled carts and such, but if you look at pages 6-8 they talk about some of the deficiencies of their current products identified by market research like battery life, safety and even that one of their devices doesn't stand up on its own (sounds familiar, I think). They mention that these deficiencies and more will be addressed in their new products:

https://www.canopygrowth.com/wp-con...al-Results-Conference-Call-August-15-2019.pdf

It seems like unless you're buying a Hybrid, it might be a good idea to hold off on buying any S&B products until the end of the year. It could be why we're seeing so many S&B sales lately.

Edit: Here's the original Reddit post.

https://www.reddit.com/r/vaporents/comments/cryazh/canopy_growth_corps_parent_company_of_sb/

MGG

Stolen from a Reddit post, but it looks like Canopy Growth is looking to release up to 15(!) new vape SKUs by this December. I'm sure some of these SKUs include vape pens for pre-filled carts and such, but if you look at pages 6-8 they talk about some of the deficiencies of their current products identified by market research like battery life, safety and even that one of their devices doesn't stand up on its own (sounds familiar, I think). They mention that these deficiencies and more will be addressed in their new products:

https://www.canopygrowth.com/wp-con...al-Results-Conference-Call-August-15-2019.pdf

It seems like unless you're buying a Hybrid, it might be a good idea to hold off on buying any S&B products until the end of the year. It could be why we're seeing so many S&B sales lately.

Edit: Here's the original Reddit post.

https://www.reddit.com/r/vaporents/comments/cryazh/canopy_growth_corps_parent_company_of_sb/

And judging from reading that this seems like they are already moving in that direction with the recent Volcano Hybrid.
I'd expect from reading this another Mighty update will be coming this year... Sucks for me because I just bought a new mighty this year. But if the update is major enough I may have to be getting a 3rd! D:

Though I wouldn't be totally surprised if some of these ventures get delayed.
I've dealt with too many companies announcing dates and never fully adhering to them.
This may end up being primarily cartridge based releases. 15 new vapes in one year is ambitious to expect from a company only releasing 1 unit per 5-15 years lol. Though i'm sure canopy has helped pump a lot of funding into speeding up their development.

Baron23

the manual says to change the cooling unit every 2 weeks !?!? That sounds crazy to me

It is crazy...but sure does sound like a good way to sell CU's. haha

Shoo.....elapsed time is not the significant factor. Its how much, how often, and how its used and hence how dirty it gets.

I clean them when they stop tasting clean or the CU screen is getting a bit gunky....which takes a while with me because I top my loads with a liquid pad for more complete extraction. Screen doesn't really see much gunk.

ChooChooCharlie

Vertical integration über alles

Canada's Canopy Growth wants it all, politely

O Canopy!
We'll spread your growing land
True cannabis love in all of us command
With glowing bowls we see thee rise
The True North's Canopy

LesPlenty

Company Rep
I've yet to hear about an all-convection vape that doesn't need stirring or rotating the bowl.

full convection is nice but stirring sucks.
Never had to stir my Plenty, pretty sure that is convection, same goes for my WoodScents, full convection if I am not lazy and leave the log on the load, never stirred.:tup:

I welcome a new and improved Mighty even though I have not had mine that long (the warranty replacement anyway). I got my 1st Mighty for just under US230 during last years Black Friday sales so it was not in premium vape prices anyway. (Back up to nearly US$320 again:razz: at the same place)

Last edited:

ShedDweller

I hope that if they do release a new portable it doesn't look like an alien egg and is made out of something more durable. Being able to actually fit it in a pocket would be nice as well.

Top Bottom