The Mighty/Mighty+ by Storz & Bickel

tdriver

I'm new to this and recently bought a Mighty.

Typically my wife and I share a full dosing capsule and that's more than enough to satisfy us. However, when it's just me, I only need half a capsule.

Is it ok to use up half (for me that's about 4-5 deep draws), turn it off, and resume another day? Or is that wasteful?

Thanks!

my "findings" the last few years with the mighty, are these, regarding your questions:

cooled down and re-heated material is not as potent as original.
for comparison, the 4th hit from a fresh bowl is ok. but the 4th hit from a heated, cooled down, and re-heated bowl, is as the 7-8th hit if it wouldn't be cooled and re-heated.... (sometimes even worse)

now, as to removing the material with a hot unit...…. for me is a no-no.
for some reason the stress on the plastic is too much opening/closing the unit when hot. (try and feel the difference yourself) on my first mighty the lock mechanism broke slowly little pieces in a few months until almost nothing left..... they beefed it up a bit since then ,but if you go a lot of pages back there a pics of users with the upgraded version that still broke the mechanism.

...just my 2 cents....

blayze1983

my "findings" the last few years with the mighty, are these, regarding your questions:

cooled down and re-heated material is not as potent as original.
for comparison, the 4th hit from a fresh bowl is ok. but the 4th hit from a heated, cooled down, and re-heated bowl, is as the 7-8th hit if it wouldn't be cooled and re-heated.... (sometimes even worse)

now, as to removing the material with a hot unit...…. for me is a no-no.
for some reason the stress on the plastic is too much opening/closing the unit when hot. (try and feel the difference yourself) on my first mighty the lock mechanism broke slowly little pieces in a few months until almost nothing left..... they beefed it up a bit since then ,but if you go a lot of pages back there a pics of users with the upgraded version that still broke the mechanism.

...just my 2 cents....

Thanks! So just to be clear you're saying let the unit cool down before opening it up to remove the capsule?

blayze1983,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Yeah, the instant on demand pure convection with just glass and steel had just really spoiled me for other vapes. Of course they are not always the best using in a group, and yeah sometimes just a little more involved to use in general... So the Mighty is beginning for me as a group vape, but also a travel vape, which means it should see plenty of solo use as well. And I shall report back with my thoughts!

Well it worked out pretty well! Others smoked joints and bongs so it wasn't super necessary though. I ended up using it the most as expected, but when used with others it was easy as I had hoped. Mainly was only me and one other, but a few times a third or even fourth joined as well. They only had a few hits typically though if even, the main other split some bowls with me fully, but I was mostly on my own killing em.

I actually noticed that vapor quickly subsided when trying to return to a used bowl, even if kept to low temps and raised to upper temps for the return. I did milk the low temps in general, 328, 345, 362, 380... 380 though small bong worked well, but was 10mm so fit was tricky and easier to use dry.

The cooling is pretty solid, plastic helps for that too, I was cashing hot bowls outside without much issue (just careful not to burn fingers on metal parts). The bowl isn't huge, but can hold a decent amount. Mostly I packed full fine grind, maybe not the optimal use, but didn't care about efficiency either with a variety of fresh Colorado buds to try.

Stored pick tool is a nice touch, and it is way smaller than expected, easy to hold and handle. Of course standing it up for filling is tricky, and plasticky look/feel isn't the nicest, but for a functional simple powerful vape this is very well done... Yeah I see the appeal now!

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Well it worked out pretty well! Others smoked joints and bongs so it wasn't super necessary though. I ended up using it the most as expected, but when used with others it was easy as I had hoped. Mainly was only me and one other, but a few times a third or even fourth joined as well. They only had a few hits typically though if even, the main other split some bowls with me fully, but I was mostly on my own killing em.

I actually noticed that vapor quickly subsided when trying to return to a used bowl, even if kept to low temps and raised to upper temps for the return. I did milk the low temps in general, 328, 345, 362, 380... 380 though small bong worked well, but was 10mm so fit was tricky and easier to use dry.

The cooling is pretty solid, plastic helps for that too, I was cashing hot bowls outside without much issue (just careful not to burn fingers on metal parts). The bowl isn't huge, but can hold a decent amount. Mostly I packed full fine grind, maybe not the optimal use, but didn't care about efficiency either with a variety of fresh Colorado buds to try.

Stored pick tool is a nice touch, and it is way smaller than expected, easy to hold and handle. Of course standing it up for filling is tricky, and plasticky look/feel isn't the nicest, but for a functional simple powerful vape this is very well done... Yeah I see the appeal now!
If I'm in company of someone burning their flower, I usually wind up explaining that I'm an elitist who won't go back to that habit. You can lead a horse to water...

On the other hand, it can be a pleasure to turn someone on to vaping. It's important to let them know that it's really only after some time (a week or two?) of exclusive practice does it become clear as day that sucking on a smoldering pile of vegetation tastes horrid. I liken it to what fireplace ash might taste like.

For turning a smoker on to vaping I think Mighty works great. Give 'em some hits at higher temps to illustrate that this shit can get you coughing as good as ever, if that's what you're looking for.

A stand can be really helpful, especially if you're filling the bowl and not using capsules. But even for groups I like capsules -- just use more of them -- hot-swapping caps is real easy.

btw, @tdriver , I have no qualms about removing the c/u when hot, don't have any chipping around the bowl. I feel the most important thing is keeping the area of contact (body to c/u) marginally clean, like a quick wipe with a paper towel while warm to clear away oils that, when dry make things sticky and may lead to breakage when trying to separate them.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
If I'm in company of someone burning their flower, I usually wind up explaining that I'm an elitist who won't go back to that habit. You can lead a horse to water...

On the other hand, it can be a pleasure to turn someone on to vaping. It's important to let them know that it's really only after some time (a week or two?) of exclusive practice does it become clear as day that sucking on a smoldering pile of vegetation tastes horrid. I liken it to what fireplace ash might taste like.

For turning a smoker on to vaping I think Mighty works great. Give 'em some hits at higher temps to illustrate that this shit can get you coughing as good as ever, if that's what you're looking for.

A stand can be really helpful, especially if you're filling the bowl and not using capsules. But even for groups I like capsules -- just use more of them -- hot-swapping caps is real easy.

btw, @tdriver , I have no qualms about removing the c/u when hot, don't have any chipping around the bowl. I feel the most important thing is keeping the area of contact (body to c/u) marginally clean, like a quick wipe with a paper towel while warm to clear away oils that, when dry make things sticky and may lead to breakage when trying to separate them.

Unfortunately no capsules were included for me to try, didn't try the concentrate pad there either. I'm not sure I would like that though, capsules sound good, but then feel super tedious in use for me.

Anyway these friends actually have their own vapes, the one who used with me the most got me into vaping with Thermovape T1 and got one of the first ever Daisy, which in turn helped convert the other one (they used to live together). They had an EQ, each has Daisy/Lily, I've given my friend a beta MistVape Touch and a beta Zion that he uses at home mostly. And the other got an Elevape like me and Grasshopper too, I think he even got a VapCap I'm sure he never used lol But yeah they both will still smoke joints and bongs, they don't care. I find it extremely difficult to fully convert anyone who smokes to vaping honestly...

Easywider

Simple is the way
But yeah they both will still smoke joints and bongs, they don't care. I find it extremely difficult to fully convert anyone who smokes to vaping honestly...

90% of my friends who enjoy are the same way. They look at me like I'm an alien when I turn down a joint and pull out a vape. I have tried for years and sadly have given up.

mitchgo61

I go where the thrills are
Thanks so much - I never thought of using the spare screen to keep it flat!

Will the THC content or flavor be diminished the next day?
Flavor, yes, since it’s been partially cooked. Whatever vapor is left should have the same thc content.

Someone here mentioned SB makes small pads you can put inside the capsules. You might wanna look into those for half loads. (Btw I often finish a capsule the following day....no issues. Works fine.)

seki

I find it extremely difficult to fully convert anyone who smokes to vaping honestly...
90% of my friends who enjoy are the same way. They look at me like I'm an alien when I turn down a joint and pull out a vape. I have tried for years and sadly have given up.

This has been my experience as well. I don't "evangelize" about the benefits of vaping, but if someone is interested, I'm always happy to go through what I find to be the positives vs smoking. Initially, I chalked up my friends unenthusiastic reaction to vaping as them being stubborn and lazy bastards (mainly because I am too), but what I came to realize is that what some people really need is a compelling reason. Unfortunately, I find that younger people, (and this is a gross generalization) tend not to be as concerned about their health to the same degree as some older people. Having said that, even health concerns weren't enough with some of the older folks I know, but the one situation where I've had consistent success with smokers taking up vaping is with new parents. When you can illustrate how you won't stink like you walked out of a hot-boxed car and you can save money via the efficiency of the device, I find these are concepts that new parents can easily visualize, grasp and realize the immediate benefits to their situation.

For these specific instances, I feel like the Crafty/Mighty are the perfect devices to help illustrate the above benefits. Part of it is showing how easy it is to use the device with consistent results along with showing how much easier it is to load than to roll a joint for example.

Last edited:

david8613

Since the newer version of the volcano is out in the wild the hybrid volcano, how long do you think it will be before S&B releases a newer mighty? What new changes do you think the mighty will get? What do you hope the add?

shredder

Since the newer version of the volcano is out in the wild the hybrid volcano, how long do you think it will be before S&B releases a newer mighty? What new changes do you think the mighty will get? What do you hope the add?

No more aluminum in the air path, no more plastic body, higher temps, replaceable batteries. And as long as I'm wishing, a lower price.

shredder,

gr8tk7ng

I'm hoping a change is afoot...Sneaky Pete Vapes has an S&B sale just this week, which seems highly unusual!! New model?? :D

david8613

No more aluminum in the air path, no more plastic body, higher temps, replaceable batteries. And as long as I'm wishing, a lower price.

That sounds like great upgrades, you know what would be kind of cool, you know how desktops like the volcano and arizer extreme q have a fan pushing vapor out, it would be nice to have full convection hand held with a tiny fan inside to help push vapor out with less air restriction. It would be like a shotgun in the old days with a joint! Lol

shredder

We mostly stick to the lower temps. 185°C or 365°F. When our first mighty was new, I used to ramp it up, but we no longer do it. The exception being liquid pads and rosin. Then it's all the way up start to end.

We still get dark abv, it just takes longer.

Edit, I forgot we do turn it up to 385°F when using it with water.

Last edited:

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
We mostly stick to the lower temps. 185°C or 365°F. When our first mighty was new, I used to ramp it up, but we no longer do it. The exception being liquid pads and rosin. Then it's all the way up start to end.

We still get dark and, it just takes longer.

Unlike the Volcano, the Mighty's hybrid heater does appear to extract the load even at low temps, it just takes a little longer, like you said. I also like to hang out in the 360-370F range.

I noticed I would put the water pipe adapter on and boost to 410 at the end of the session and the load would already be pretty much cached.

Actually with a fully packed bowl on full blast it almost hits like a doobie, vapor leaking out of the mouthpiece, super dense and thick hits, perfect for showing smokers the dark side...

Actually let a friend recently try the Mighty, another with preconceived vapor hate... well he wasn't getting good hits out of the mighty either. Turns out he was holding the button and turning it off during his hits lol. Got that situated and he was quite literally, blown away.

chopus

This might sound like a strange question but can anyone with a good sense of smell/taste comment on whether this unit emits any kind of plastic/silicone or any foreign aromas when heated up with an empty chamber after a good cleanup?
I'm pretty sensitive to those kinds of smells in vaporizers and I feel like this is a true test for a vaporizer's vapor purity, without any herb masking what's going on.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
If you are chasing straight out flavor, look elsewhere. If you are just worried about sensitivity problems there is a Medic version available also, but I think the Mighty is fairly neutral in that respect.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
My temp habits vary a little based on the flower and situation, # of users, etc.

The only superfluous smell I've detected has been the new Mighty smell, pretty innocuous and it goes away with first or second use.

Other than the certification in Germany for medical use and some minor packaging differences, do we have any reasons to know that there are any differences between Mighty and Mighty Medic?

Top Bottom