The Mighty/Mighty+ by Storz & Bickel

arthritisbites

I got the 3d printed case, printed twice, Im not sure if the guy used low quality settings or if its always like this, but I dont know, It makes the device bigger, It makes the device stand relatively easy( flat bottom and flat side) Im not sure about it and about if it can really protect the device from blows, better said broken fins. Anybody interested in pics?

Yes, pics please!!

blayze1983

I'm new to vaping and was debating between the Mighty or the Solo 2.

Fortunately, budget is not really an issue for me but value is important. These two units seem to receive a lot of praise online so I was wondering whether the extra $200 is worth it for the Mighty?

What do you get for that extra $200 and is it worth it?

Mr. Me2

Fortunately, budget is not really an issue for me but value is important. These two units seem to receive a lot of praise online so I was wondering whether the extra $200 is worth it for the Mighty?

Welcome to FC, @blayze1983 !

Since you’re new to vaping, you are on a fun path of exploration and learning. You will soon discover the new affliction of VAS (vape acquisition syndrome). One vape will NEVER be enough.

I don’t have experience with the Solo so I can’t help you with the comparison. But I expect others will ask about your vaping style. For example, do you generally vape alone or with others? Do you prefer a session or a one-and-done?

I do know that both are solid vapes, but there are a ton of other options out there (e.g., take a look at the Healthy Rips vapes - the fierce and the fury). Solid performers and great value. And people LOVE their Dynavaps.

Sorry I didn’t make your life easier. Have fun!

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer

I don't have a Solo but I do have an Arizer Air, and the Mighty is leaps and bounds better to me. IMO of course, the conduction centric heating in Arizer portables leaves a lot to be desired.

Microdosers of FC, how do you pack tiny amounts in the Mighty? Just put the herb in the dosing cap and let the beast do its job?

IMO a micro dose is one hit and the Mighty is a session vape. It works fine for bowls of various sizes but it wouldn't be my first choice for true micro dosing.

HughJundys

Waistband Optimizer
Staff member

I recently purchased an Airizer Air 2. For me it was a mistake. Maybe it is my technique but I cant get nice hits off it.

The Mighty will always hit nice. It works every time. When price is not an issue I would recommend the Mighty to every one new to vaping. It is easy to use and tastes very nice.
If price is an issue then the Tera would be my second to the Mighty in the black box vape category.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Microdosers of FC, how do you pack tiny amounts in the Mighty? Just put the herb in the dosing cap and let the beast do its job?
Maybe not micro, but very small pack is best topped of with either a liquid pad or a "top screen". Take one regular screen and make a cut with scissor from a point on the edge in to the center. It can then be compressed and fit snug inside the chamber.
The idea is to hold the pack in one place, not let it swirl all around in there

Baron23

Maybe not micro, but very small pack is best topped of with either a liquid pad or a "top screen". Take one regular screen and make a cut with scissor from a point on the edge in to the center. It can then be compressed and fit snug inside the chamber.
The idea is to hold the pack in one place, not let it swirl all around in there
I often will most often top a load in the Mighty with a liquid pad...even if the load isn't that small, as it seems to add just a bit of conduction to the end of the session and thoroughly extracts with even brown AVB resulting.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Thanks for the answers. I know the Mighty is not the best for microdosing. So my understanding is that for small doses (<0.1g) no one uses dosing capsules, right?
Caps are optional. Some folks like them and use them a lot because the chamber itself stays cleaner longer. Same as using pad for a spacer in the chamber, you can use liquid pads that are sold/sized for dosing caps.

thestallion69

Caps are optional. Some folks like them and use them a lot because the chamber itself stays cleaner longer. Same as using pad for a spacer in the chamber, you can use liquid pads that are sold/sized for dosing caps.

Interesting, I wasn’t aware of the existence of such pads. I think I found them on Amazon, can you confirm they are not included in the accessories when I bought the Mighty?

thestallion69,
Reactions: LesPlenty

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Interesting, I wasn’t aware of the existence of such pads. I think I found them on Amazon, can you confirm they are not included in the accessories when I bought the Mighty?

Your Mighty should have came with one, it looks like this.

volcano-mighty-liquid-pad-set-close-up.jpg

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
I do have that piece. I thought you meant that liquid pads come in two different sizes, one for the chamber and one for the dosing capsule!

Hmmm that I'm not sure of! AFAIK the Mighty/Crafty pads are the same size, but perhaps a smaller pad for a different vape exists which fits inside the dosing capsules? I've never actually used a dosing capsule myself yet!

John Coaltrain

. . . I thought you meant that liquid pads come in two different sizes, one for the chamber and one for the dosing capsule!

There are two different sized pads, and they are used just as you thought. One size is called the "Mighty Drip Pad" (approx. Ø 15 x 5 mm) – which Storz & Bickel says:

"fits into the MIGHTY Filling Chamber, but not into the Dosing Capsules"​

The other size is called "Drip Pad Set for Dosing Capsules" (approx. Ø 13 x 6 mm):

https://www.storz-bickel.com/us/en/mighty-drip-pad-set.html

https://www.storz-bickel.com/us/en/store/acc/drip-pad-set-for-dosing-capsules.html

Last edited:

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
There are two different sized pads. One size is called the "Mighty Drip Pad" – which Storz & Bickel says

"fits into the MIGHTY Filling Chamber, but not into the Dosing Capsules"​

The other size is called "Drip Pad Set for Dosing Capsules:

https://www.storz-bickel.com/us/en/mighty-drip-pad-set.html

https://www.storz-bickel.com/us/en/store/acc/drip-pad-set-for-dosing-capsules.html

Anyone know if concentrate vaporization is improved or hindered by using a liquid pad inside of the dosing capsule?

blayze1983

I've seen some YouTube videos where they mention having to disassemble it down to its parts and spacers which sounds intimidating.

How hard is it to clean the Mighty?

blayze1983,
Reactions: LesPlenty

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
I've seen some YouTube videos where they mention having to disassemble it down to its parts and spacers which sounds intimidating.

How hard is it to clean the Mighty?

Some people make it sound like an arduous task, I didn't think it was that bad.

I just remove the cooling chamber lock and open the cooling chamber into its two halfs, and pop that in a little baggie of warm isopropyl alcohol for a minute or two. I throw the water pipe adapter in as well to get everything cleaned; then I give the parts a thorough rinse and dry and it seems good to go.

Top Bottom