The Mighty/Mighty+ by Storz & Bickel

steama

@BornAgainSteama How's the vapor production? I have to try your methods next cleaning.
The vapor production is excellent and not degraded a bit using capsules. One of the good things about a capsule you can pop it out mid sesh and finish latter. Very convenient.

Just remember that if you are using caps and no CU screen that it is important to wipe out
the inlet of the CU. I do this after every 2nd or 3rd cap. Best to do while the unit is still warm.
I find a micro-fibre cloth wrapped around the end of a small screwdriver works well.
This is some very good advice that is easy and fast. Thanks pal.

Ukcyjats

Ive had mine now for ages. The warranty has expired. The batteries are very bad. S&B refuse to tell me how to change them. They just say warrenty ended we can offer you to buy a new unit !!!!! grrrrrr . Any one know how to open the mighty ?

Ukcyjats,
Reactions: BigJr48

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Ive had mine now for ages. The warranty has expired. The batteries are very bad. S&B refuse to tell me how to change them. They just say warrenty ended we can offer you to buy a new unit !!!!! grrrrrr . Any one know how to open the mighty ?
You may want to talk to @JCat , he's selling batteries with pre-soldered wiring harness (primarily for Crafty), which makes it plug 'n play. He's posted about it mainly over there in the Crafty thread.

AFAIK there's a tec screw behind the label (loosen w/heat gun to remove). The 2 halves interlock and must be slid apart vertically, but I don't know which one goes up or which one down!

Let us know how you progress with this!

Ukcyjats

Thanks for this. Yes you are correct there are 2 very small Torx screws ( star shape. Very small) under the sticker showing the serial number. This peels of relatively easy. My batteries have life in then so I'm not going to open it yet. Shouldnt take long to run them down.!!!! I will post when I finally get in. Will also add some pics. This is just the start of the 1st phase of mightys starting to show age. S&B will have nothing to do with you after 2 years apart from trying to sell you another unit. 2 years if you are a Daily user is just about what you get before battery issues. For the price you pay I think you need to look at good alternativ s with a better warranty.

Doktor Dub

I am pretty sure you can let S&B change the Batteries for you... it is not cheap, i think it was like 70$ but they also deep clean your Mighty.

Doktor Dub,

Vapor4me

I'm also very happy with my Mighty, but less so with their CS (EU based).

Should S&B be reading, you might have the gold standard of vapes, but there's SO much supply out there, SO much better CS from other brands, and SO any new developments, that you're no longer in a luxury position. You better step up your CS game, take your cue from Dynavap.

Doktor Dub

S&B told me in july18 that they do not offer this service any longer.

That was the reason i bought a solo and fury2 instead; for less than a mighty.

Wow - that s really a shame. I am ok with paying a little premium for changing batteries but a 300$ Vape going obsolete is NOT cool!!! And enviromental it s a shame also!

Should S&B be reading, you might have the gold standard of vapes, but there's SO much supply out there, SO much better CS from other brands, and SO any new developments, that you're no longer in a luxury position. You better step up your CS game, take your cue from Dynavap.

Just to ad another experience, i dealt with german S&B CS some quite some time ago and they provided the best service imaginable.

Polarbearboy

Tokin' Away Since 1968

My Crafty had recently become sporadic about connecting via BT with the app. It still worked and connected often enough that I let it go on for months like this. Finally it happened while I was at a party and sharing--it was the most popular of half-a-dozen vapes going around--and so I contacted CS. They had me send it in, and the day it arrived there, they shipped out a brand new latest unit. I was deeply impressed with their CS. I used it quite a lot and the batteries were starting to be slow to heat the beast up. Now it heats up so fast! Yea for S&B.

Baron23

My Crafty had recently become sporadic about connecting via BT with the app. It still worked connected often enough that I let it go on for months like this. Finally it happened while I was at a party and sharing--it was the most popular of half-a-dozen vapes going around--and so I contacted CS. They had me send it in, and the day it arrived there, they shipped me a brand new latest unit. I was deeply impressed with their CS.
From S&B website, underline added by me:

A battery's lifetime is limited. After hundreds of charging cycles there will be a decrease in performance. This is the case with any battery, though we tried to prolong battery life as much as possible with the help of a sophisticated battery management. We do offer a service for a reasonable price. It includes the replacement of the battery and exchange of all wear and tear components like seals and screens.

If you are interested in having your unit serviced, please initiate an RMA by registering your repair device with us.​

Ukcyjats

From S&B website, underline added by me:

A battery's lifetime is limited. After hundreds of charging cycles there will be a decrease in performance. This is the case with any battery, though we tried to prolong battery life as much as possible with the help of a sophisticated battery management. We do offer a service for a reasonable price. It includes the replacement of the battery and exchange of all wear and tear components like seals and screens.

If you are interested in having your unit serviced, please initiate an RMA by registering your repair device with us.​
Hi Barron. This is no more than you should expect from THE premium vape on the market. My issue is with CS is when the unit has run out of warranty. All i want to do is replace the batteries myself, i emailed them. They refused to tell me how this is done BUT offered me a reduced price unit for 250 Euro !!!! the batteries are £11 each. As the 1st wave of Mightys start to fail as we knew they would surly CS can give you info to prolong the life of you expensive unit I can see this issue haunting them as the years move forward. As always the vape is 100% spot on....just as above the CS is faulty

Ukcyjats,

vapviking

Old & In the Way
I believe the 'battery replacement' policy is one that's rarely been executed, the only anecdotes we hear about out-of-warranty are the offer on reduced price. My early Crafty went belly-up with pretty low hours on it (45 hours (iirc), still in warranty) and S&B America tried to tell me the the battery had too many charge cycles on it. They charged me $90 for a new battery, then shipped a brand new boxed piece anyway.

Other than that fiasco, my experience has been of really great response and treatment from S&B. I can certainly understand that they may not want to be in the repair business, and on an electronic device might not want the liability of instructing diy repair, BUT why not have a few 'authorized service' locations?

herbalism

Hi Barron. This is no more than you should expect from THE premium vape on the market. My issue is with CS is when the unit has run out of warranty. All i want to do is replace the batteries myself, i emailed them. They refused to tell me how this is done BUT offered me a reduced price unit for 250 Euro !!!! the batteries are £11 each. As the 1st wave of Mightys start to fail as we knew they would surly CS can give you info to prolong the life of you expensive unit I can see this issue haunting them as the years move forward. As always the vape is 100% spot on....just as above the CS is faulty
I mean, I understand your frustrations but after the two-year warranty S&B has no obligation to service your device or provide you with the information to do so. Sure, it would be the world's best customer service, but they are a company, first and foremost, looking to maximize profits and minimize costs. Think of the costly logistical (and potentially dangerous) nightmare that would ensue if S&B provided all interested customers with instructions on how to change their batteries. That's why enthusiast spaces like FC exists — I'd be surprised if there weren't instructions for a battery swap in this very thread. In my opinion, the two-year warranty is great for the Mighty's consistent and satisfying performance, especially given the fact that mine sees daily use.

I believe the 'battery replacement' policy is one that's rarely been executed, the only anecdotes we hear about out-of-warranty are the offer on reduced price. My early Crafty went belly-up with pretty low hours on it (45 hours (iirc), still in warranty) and S&B America tried to tell me the the battery had too many charge cycles on it. They charged me $90 for a new battery, then shipped a brand new boxed piece anyway.

Other than that fiasco, my experience has been of really great response and treatment from S&B. I can certainly understand that they may not want to be in the repair business, and on an electronic device might not want the liability of instructing diy repair, BUT why not have a few 'authorized service' locations?
Interesting idea, but I'm not sure S&B has the resources for that. And where would these locations be? In the US, pot is still federally illegal so they'd have to outsource repair to local headshops/dispensaries in legal states only, unless you want users bringing their dank smelling Mighty to a "call it a water pipe, not a bong" headshop in, for example, Georgia, where I bought my Mighty.

Last edited by a moderator:

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Interesting idea, but I'm not sure S&B has the resources for that. And where would these locations be? In the US, pot is still federally illegal so they'd have to outsource repair to local headshops/dispensaries in legal states only, unless you want users bringing their dank smelling Mighty to a "call it a water pipe, not a bong" headshop in, for example, Georgia, where I bought my Mighty.
Resources? They're one of, if not the largest vape manufacturer in the world. All they'd need to do is train some techies and out-source (that's the 'authorize' part) operations to some small shops - or even one small shop! Heck, I'd do it from home! Why not an all mail-in service center? Mighty is not an illegal device, it is legal to own one anywhere in the U.S., though it would make sense to locate the service centers in 'legal' states (about half now allow some form of legal cannabis).

vapviking,

Hogni

Honi soit qui mal y pense

Vaporcussion

Why not an all mail-in service center?

They have one; it's in Oakland CA. Mail it in and pay $70; you will not only get new batteries, but a new housing if any spindles are broken, new firmware (depending on age of unit), it will be cleaned, plus, you'll get a new Cooling Unit, worth $20.

Just realized I'm responding to vapviking, oops, you know all this!

vapviking

Old & In the Way
They have one; it's in Oakland CA. Mail it in and pay $70; you will not only get new batteries, but a new housing if any spindles are broken, new firmware (depending on age of unit), it will be cleaned, plus, you'll get a new Cooling Unit, worth $20.

Just realized I'm responding to vapviking, oops, you know all this!
Can anyone else verify this? Specifically, has anyone received this service since July 2018, which is when @Mr.Kite reports he was turned down. I have a 3 year old Mighty I'd like to send in sometime.

Edit/add
This wording is still on S&B website;
"We do offer a service for a reasonable price. It includes the replacement of the battery and exchange of all wear and tear components like seals and screens.
If you are interested in having your unit serviced, please initiate an RMA by registering your repair device with us."

Last edited:

milkybrkid

Can anyone else verify this? Specifically, has anyone received this service since July 2018, which is when @Mr.Kite reports he was turned down. I have a 3 year old Mighty I'd like to send in sometime.

Edit/add
This wording is still on S&B website;
"We do offer a service for a reasonable price. It includes the replacement of the battery and exchange of all wear and tear components like seals and screens.
If you are interested in having your unit serviced, please initiate an RMA by registering your repair device with us."

I sent my 3 year old Mighty back a month ago because I complained about battery life and they requested 70 euro to replace batteries and housing which I paid and was sent a brand new sealed 2018 model with 20% extra battery.

wombat24

zealot - church of the blessed dynayap
Well this is a game changer, from what milkybrkid is saying and the fact that the S&B website
does not specifically state that they will only replace the batteries during the 2 yr warranty
period. This could mean I will be enjoying my Mighty for many years to come. Yay!

wombat24,

shredder

Well this is a game changer, from what milkybrkid is saying and the fact that the S&B website
does not specifically state that they will only replace the batteries during the 2 yr warranty
period. This could mean I will be enjoying my Mighty for many years to come. Yay!

My mighty is 4 yr old this month. This summer when I inquired it was $245 with my trade in for a new mighty. The battery replacement was available but I don't remember the price, or the exact date.

I plan on getting another, and may tomorrow with the 20% off sales. But I think I may keep my old mighty cause it still works, although we only get 3-4 bowls per charge any more. It would cost me about $35 more but we'd have two mighty's. And if and when the old one dies there might be a new one out by then (mighty 2 anyone?) that I probably can trade up for.

We can complain about customer service, (ive never needed them yet) but in the four years I've had mine I don't think there has been a better portable vape out there. If there was I'd probably buy it.

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
Well we can start my countdown timer on however many years until I'm annoyed with my dying battery options. My BF Mighty from PuffItUp just arrived and I enjoyed my first few sessions.

A design with all the looks and savoir faire of an eighties walkie talkie too. I can't say that I look forward to cleaning it. I can say that the draw resistance is on point and the two sativa hybrids I've tried so far were smooth and flavorful. The cherry diesel was perhaps too fine and clogged the dosing capsule a bit. The orangeade capsule was a medium grind and kept its flavor for a respectable length of time.

I used it before bothering to switch it to Fahrenheit and didn't realize what the temp was. Had a good experience in what turned out to be the 340 to 355 range.

I'm gonna take inspiration from the Mighty and run my Fierce at lower temps than I had previous.

Last edited:
Top Bottom