The Mighty/Mighty+ by Storz & Bickel

Some-new-user

Yeah even if it wasn't fully user replaceable batteries. A battery pack would do for me. I love my Mighty but I'm dreading the day it dies although I don't take it outdoors and I do have the plenty (in house) and volcano (in garage) the mighty is just more convenient for me all around. Fingers crossed

wombat24

zealot - church of the blessed dynayap
2 weeks in and I'm loving my Mighty, I just cant stop hitting it!
Started to get rimgunk on my caps a few days ago- a bit of a worry, these caps
might be high maintenance after all. Anyone who has read at least 3 pages back would be well
aware of ChooChooCharlie's ongoing campaign to end the cohabitation of capsules and C.U screens.
I must admit I was reluctant to modify my brand new baby at first but I went ahead with the circumcision and removed the fore-screen. Couldn't be happier with the result, every time I charge I quickly wipe out the inlet of the cooling unit, takes seconds to do. Capsules stay pristine, what can I say I'm a believer!

MinnBobber

I find the capsules so-so, compared to the "king of capsules", the miniVap Flexicone modules.
I mod my capsules by adding a tiny screen and tiny hemp filter in the cover and often a tiny screen
in the bottom---Note: I find the capsule holes too big as that fine ABV dust easily gets sucked out
into the CU, making it filthy in a short time.
yf7aqS4.jpg

WildChild

Seeking My Shangri-La
I find the capsules so-so, compared to the "king of capsules", the miniVap Flexicone modules.
I mod my capsules by adding a tiny screen and tiny hemp filter in the cover and often a tiny screen
in the bottom---Note: I find the capsule holes too big as that fine ABV dust easily gets sucked out
into the CU, making it filthy in a short time.
yf7aqS4.jpg
I do something very similar; I add a screen in the bottom of the capsule and another on top of the load. It may affect the flavor a bit, but that isn't important to me.

Sometimes, if I want to micro dose, I'll add another domed screen on top of that to fill in the empty space. I, too, removed the screen from my CU and simply wipe around the opening/inlet like @MinnBobber does. I do a full CU cleaning every two weeks.

When I bought my Mighty from Randy @PuffItUp last year, he threw in a box of 40 capsules (with a few other goodies). I've actually been using the original capsule that came with my Mighty since I got it; haven't even opened my box of 40 yet! If it needs a bit of a clean, I soak it in alcohol then use one of those Magic Eraser pads. Works well. And my oven chamber still looks like new.

Love my Mighty.

Last edited:

WildChild

Seeking My Shangri-La
After receiving my new filling aid and capsule magazine, I found my existing capsule magazine. Lmfao. Go me.

How do I clean the oven? The capsules are getting hard to get out of there? Should I take some steel wool?
Another option is to use a piece of Magic Eraser...I would worry about the steel wool scratching the bowl. But if @ShayWhiteGrow uses brass wool with no issues, maybe the steel will work just fine?

Last edited:

ChooChooCharlie

Plastic parts are good for communal bathing. Fun to slosh bag, no breaking.

Iso in baggie, warmed by a very hot water bath . Effective and quick with agitation.

my_CU_cleaning.jpg

This is a well known tip, but thought new readers may be interested.

I'm far too lazy to follow the S&B official CU cleaning method, and too lazy to reclaim. Separate CUs, toss them in the bag, don't bother removing o-ring seals.

Kinda funny, the hardest part is separating the CUs. Especially a bunch sitting for a while, getting all glued together with resin. Here's my cheat: Put them in baggie, add very hot water, wait until you can comfortably reach in and separate while warm. Your fingers will get sticky if you don't wear gloves.

Edit: Very dirty CUs will require some scraping in corners

Iso fumes are dangerous. No flames or sparks allowed. Frightens me when I read posts about nuking iso in a microwave -- insanity!

Last edited:

simplywonderful

Plastic parts are good for communal bathing. Fun to slosh bag, no breaking.

Iso in baggie, warmed by a very hot water bath . Effective and quick with agitation.

my_CU_cleaning.jpg

This is a well known tip, but thought new readers may be interested.

I'm far too lazy to follow the S&B official CU cleaning method, and too lazy to reclaim. Separate CUs, toss them in the bag, don't bother removing o-ring seals.

Kinda funny, the hardest part is separating the CUs. Especially a bunch sitting for a while, getting all glued together with resin. Here's my cheat: Put them in baggie, add very hot water, wait until you can comfortably reach in and separate while warm. Your fingers will get sticky if you don't wear gloves.

Edit: Very dirty CUs will require some scraping in corners

Iso fumes are dangerous. No flames or sparks allowed. Frightens me when I read posts about nuking iso in a microwave -- insanity!
are there any downsides with putting the cu into ultrasonic cleaner for 5 minutes?

ChooChooCharlie

@simplywonderful - no downsides, see the ultrasonic cleaning thread by @t-dub in the resource section.

After release in Fall 2014, on page 37, @Vape4ever posted about using an ultrasonic cleaner with some success. I also tried a cheap one, but found heat and shaking bag works fine.

That same page has another good tip from @Vape4ever about separating the CU by pressing on the oval post. Make sure sliding part is back and unlocked when pushing, and when reassembling make sure o-ring on that post is seated down properly -- it can get sliced when you slide the locking tab back in.

But again, a warmed CU opens best. Even clean unused CUs are difficult to open cold. Had a very embarrassing moment with Vito many moons ago, trying to demonstrate how "easy" it was to open a Mighty CU. He should have taken a vid with my shakes and cursing.

Rinse well. Be tidy in sink. Resin globs and iso make nasty stains. Others in household may not appreciate it.

GreenJeans_55

My "Mighty" review:

Of the 5 vaporizers I have and thew other 3 or 4 I've tried the MIGHTY does hit the easiest and also the best. Take a good pull off a coarsely ground of your favorites, take two good ones and you're most definitely fucked up.

The manual is beyond cornball but its fairly easy learning all its parts n all.

Is it worth $300? With a 15% off code this is the price($296+). YES, I'd say its a MUST HAVE for ex smokers, the lung compromised or those that like efficient mini bonglike hits on the cheap.

Twisted on .10, nicely

simplywonderful

My "Mighty" review:

Of the 5 vaporizers I have and thew other 3 or 4 I've tried the MIGHTY does hit the easiest and also the best. Take a good pull off a coarsely ground of your favorites, take two good ones and you're most definitely fucked up.

The manual is beyond cornball but its fairly easy learning all its parts n all.

Is it worth $300? With a 15% off code this is the price($296+). YES, I'd say its a MUST HAVE for ex smokers, the lung compromised or those that like efficient mini bonglike hits on the cheap.

Twisted on .10, nicely
If you get two good hits, do you remove the capsule (If you are using any? or are you somehow microdosing?)

simplywonderful,
Top Bottom