1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

The Mighty by Storz & Bickel

Discussion in 'Portable Vaporizers' started by Roger D, Oct 16, 2014.

1. Vaporcussion

Vaporcussion Well-Known Member

Will try that, thanks!

BigJr48 likes this.
  2. Vapor4me

Vapor4me Active Member

Hi guys,

So that dreaded day has come, when I have had to start a RMA for my Mighty.

I have read very positive and very negative experiences from folks interactions with customer service at S&B, so I wanted to share my experience until now, and pose some questions:

- Finding the link for an RMA was not easy, first I was drafting this email to "info@S&B..." until I remembered I had seen (in this forum) a link to the place I was looking for

- They got back to me pretty quickly (8hrs), which is a good thing, but maybe too quickly, as some of the info they sent me is not relevant (e.g. Please declare the value of the device as less than $100 USD
    and clearly indicate it as a "Temporary return for repair service" --> Irrelevant because I'm in the EU, and they know it coz I had to indicate my country of residence. )

Now for the question: Aren't they supposed to send me a return label with free shipping? Is this by law or by their good will? Coz they did not include any.

Cheers!

BigJr48 likes this.
  3. jdent3

jdent3 Well-Known Member

In my experience you have to pay for shipping it to them. They are telling you to declare the amount as less than $100 USD do they don't get charged duty and taxes. Also declare it as a warranty repair to avoid duty and taxes. Just convert $100USD to euros if that is your currency.

Vapor4me and BigJr48 like this.
  4. LesPlenty

LesPlenty Well-Known Member

The mighty needs it`s own RMA thread, I can`t believe people keep patronising S&B by purchasing this to start with. If people with too much money to spare would stop buying and recommending this unit, S&B might get off their lazy asses and fix all the problems once and for all.
    I cannot believe people actually purchase a spare because the know they will be sending their current unit back for repair sooner or later.(Don`t bother telling me how good it tastes is a reason to have a spare because all the problems would soon leave a bad taste in my mouth)
    I can understand people doing that with the Vivant Alternate but not with something so over priced like the Mighty.
    We know they can make a bullet proof products if they want to, look at the Plenty and Volcano.

MegaMan2k likes this.
  5. vapviking

vapviking Well-Known Member

I f you write back and ask specifically for a shipping coupon, there's a good chance they will email one to you. They've done it for me in the US, even though their information pages say it's not their responsibility.
    I think the other things they said about duty and purpose are more generic, included every time they respond to an RMA request. If those don't apply to you, ignore them.
    Good luck!

Maybe you've had some bad experience with S&B, sorry to hear it if you have.
    Lots of folks here report stellar customer service experiences, and say that the level of service justifies paying a little more for the product. I agree with that sentiment, and I certainly don't have, "too much money to spare."
    I've had the same Mighty for over 3 years of flawless operation, at times very heavy use. On the other hand, I did go through several Crafty's before this, and I think that one could use some improvements.

6. jdent3

jdent3 Well-Known Member

Imo the Mighty is reliable. Many of the issues were in earlier units that had the casing crack or come apart. Obviously in a forum about the Mighty you will get people who come here just to complain about their rma. The people with a perfectly working unit aren't coming here to tell us their unit is working good.

blackstone, Green Kiwi, Koen and 4 others like this.
  7. Etsu

Etsu Active Member

@LesPlenty Only top notch experiences with their customer service for me. And my mighty had no problem in more than three years. As said @jdent3 , only unhappy people will complaint on the web, you don’t see the huge majority of satisfied people.
    Edit: in comparison, the only other vape I have is an omnivap and I received a defective titanium tip. Dynavap customer service didn’t accept an exchange (I bought it directly from their website)...

Last edited: May 16, 2018
    blackstone, Green Kiwi and BigJr48 like this.
  8. Kurtdigglur

Kurtdigglur Long draws

@LesPlenty I sold all my vapes except the Mighty. It is the king for a reason. Well worth the money and I’m a broke Mf.

9. Doktor Dub

Doktor Dub Well-Known Member

There are very different experiences with CS at S&B as it seems, i have to say mine (Europe, dealing with S&B Germany directly) was GREAT!!!

They were helpfull, fast, the technician talked to me on the phone and they shipped my unit back with a differnet logistic partner as usual for them on my wish. They let me keep all the aaditional parts as backups. Being friendly and nice was perhaps helpful :-)

i don t love S&B as some smaller companies but i very much appreciate their professional style of doing buisness. (No waiting list, new Products widely available, CS, accessoires and spare parts...)
    And even if they charge a good buck for changing batteries - they offer this service and deep-clean your unit.

Have a great day!

10. LesPlenty

I love my Plenty by S&B, I also love that I have not had to find out what their aftersales service is like because the Plenty is near bullet proof, same as their volcano. That is why I am so disappointed about the Mighty and Crafty and that is why I have a moan about their portables needing an update. Arizer seem to get it, you don`t have to start all over, just update it to fix any issues and stay king of the heap.

BigJr48 and grokit like this.
  11. Koen

Koen Member

My mighty is working without a problem, so is my crafty. But good to know there is a good customer service.

BigJr48 likes this.
  12. metalmancpa

metalmancpa Member

I had one return of a defective Crafty. My second unit has been cranking along for hundreds of hours. My Mighty *knocks wood* has just continued to serve me well with bowls today as good as the first time I used it. I have one strip of plastic (less than a fingernail length) that broke off and only just noticed it, but I have noticed no negative effects in operation because of it.

blackstone and BigJr48 like this.
  13. disGRUNTled

disGRUNTled Well-Known Member

Lemon tree in the Mighty , listening to one of my fav MCs of all time the GZA do this real dope set with a live band.Waiting for GS vs Hou game to come on.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Click to play YouTube Video

14. LesPlenty

Exactly what I am talking about, fuck that plastic shit off so I can buy one!

BigJr48 likes this.
  15. MonkeyTime

MonkeyTime Well-Known Member

Cab I ask, have you used one?

Mr. Gweilo 420 and Koen like this.
  16. LesPlenty

Not yet, I do not want to be sucked into purchasing one, they are on sale at Australian Vaporizers at the moment for $448(usually $599). My wife (Minister of Finance) went crook at me for spending $220 on the Boundless CFX saying "Over $200 for a plastic toy" but she said the Arizer Air looked as if it should have cost more than what I paid:shrug:
    I also love Alfa Romeo cars and Ducatti bikes but would never own them either because of problems.

BigJr48 likes this.
  17. BigJr48

BigJr48 Well-Known Member

Arizer Air 2???

18. LesPlenty

Old story, A/A OG, no scalloped air holes. The A/A was sitting next to my nearly $400 Plastic Plenty, so the nice feeling and weighty aluminium A/A seemed like it should have cost more to her than it did.

BigJr48 likes this.
  19. latulipe999

latulipe999 Well-Known Member

Plenty plastic is fine but mighty plastic sucks ? :rolleyes:

Maybe try something before hating it.

20. LesPlenty

I definitely don`t hate it, never said that, I hate how S&B will not do a proper update.
    Why not update the plastic to the same as the Plenty then, surely that would not be hard.

BigJr48 likes this.
  21. vapviking

vapviking Well-Known Member

S&B has done several updates to the Mighty along the way, but they don't change the name/designation when they do. Some folks have said they think the type of 'plastic' changed fairly recently, like when the battery performance was increased.
    In the early months of original Mighty/Crafty they did beef up the thickness of some of the plastic ribs near the bowl. This didn't solve all the broken rib problems, but I think it helped somewhat.

Other changes have been made to the 'firmware' that affect auto shut-off, boost temperatures and more. S&B does not make announcements when they do these things (except when they upgraded the batteries last year), they just do them on an ongoing basis.

I personally have no* problem with the 'plastic' components because I feel that S&B is very conscientious about the medical and safety aspects of their products.

*I do think they should revise the design around the bowl, where some small pieces can break off if the unit is dropped.

22. Vapor4me

Vapor4me Active Member

Yeah that! :wave:

If the Mighty was a Pax, it would be "Mighty 20" or something like that. They continue to develop a product that works, as technology evolves, without all the fanfare that others make when they launch a new colour. Maybe S&B is waiting for the day when they come with a model that can safely stand on its own to make all that noise :rofl:

Although my unit was not used more than every other day, and sometimes weekly, it started to open up on one side, and CS got me covered, they even sent the post label upon requesting for one. So S&B does stand being their products, and while the plastic looks unappealing, their Mighty medic is also in... plastic!

I have to go drop it for repair, and while I have an Alfa as a backup, which makes me puff clouds like a dragon when paired with a small glass piece, it it's not as tasty or as efficient as the Mighty, which will be missed.

23. tdriver

tdriver Well-Known Member

… and sell some spare parts. just the parts ,without sending it in. to change the housing (if you have it) takes 3 minutes the most..... (and you don't need to have any electronics skills).

btw.
    2 years ago some said there would be aftermarket parts for it (when the warranty is over)
    like the housing which could be easily 3d-printed they said.

….still waiting.

Last edited: May 17, 2018
    blackstone, Green Kiwi and LesPlenty like this.
  24. Donskills

Donskills Member

Have an RMA now too and did not recieve a return shipping slip. I cancelled a RMA about 3 weeks ago,. I got one with that RMA but not this one! Wondering too! Had another RMA less than a year ago and got a return shipping slip with that one too. I am also in the EU

25. mitchgo61

mitchgo61 I go where the thrills are

Excellent observation. The Mighty has undergone incremental improvements every year since its release nearly five years ago. This is a far preferable approach IMO...ensures anyone buying new one will always get the latest features. And the idea of “waiting for the next iteration” becomes moot.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors