The Mighty/Mighty+ by Storz & Bickel

rodders83

Well this morning i just had a bowl and the mighty which has only been in use daily for a week started its temperature climb and got to 60c then vibrated and went to 9999 or 0000 on the screen then kept going to 210c it did this twice going to blank numbers and then came back and went to 210c. It also was plugged in and showed a bar drop surely not that never happened its only been an indoor vape plugged in for 1 week.

But its been a spare for so long for just this kind of occasion (my Herborizer died last week) its 1 month or so out of warranty. Im kind of worried now about the second bowl. But for sure even if i said to these people oh look 1 week and a malfunction you would meet a brick wall and a 248 euro offer of a new one.

rodders83,

JCharles

FC 06/06/2017 | ACMPR 26/07/2017
Are they shipping out 2018 units?

Yes it is. The haptic feedback before the auto off, and the 20% more battery sticker on the box.

Plus all the PUI extras, like the capsule magazine, stand, WPAs (I got both 14mm and 18mm), and glass mouthpiece.

I also snagged all the essentials, O ring pack, wear and tear set, extra capsule magazine (didnt realize I was all ready getting one, but two is even better), extra glass mouthpiece and a DeBowler.

All my other vapes I empty the ABV in to a small cotton bag, but the mighty is a bit awkward to empty that way - hope the DeBowler fills that gap.

In an effort to extend the battery life, I overcharged for a few hours first charge (to help settle/even out the charge between the two cells).

I also only charge to 80/90% (as represented by the digital bars on the display) and discharge to 20-30% (as represented by the same bars).

After a charge cycle, I will the Mighty use immediately, so it's been stored around 75-85% battery levels.

And never use the pass through tech. Kills batteries, period.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
In an effort to extend the battery life, I overcharged for a few hours first charge (to help settle/even out the charge between the two cells).

I also only charge to 80/90% (as represented by the digital bars on the display) and discharge to 20-30% (as represented by the same bars).

After a charge cycle, I will the Mighty use immediately, so it's been stored around 75-85% battery levels.

And never use the pass through tech. Kills batteries, period.
I certainly understand the desire to keep batteries in tip top shape, especially the non-swap-able kind), and I can also appreciate a person who has the knowledge to enact the proper procedures to do that.

I, on the other hand, tend to just use the device as it suits me, with the exception that if I run it on high temp. I will let it cool a bit between bowls. Only once have I had an error message and shutdown due to heat, but proper behavior resumed after cooling down.
I charge it randomly, though I don't like to run it all the way down very often (just like my stash!). I guess my tendency is to just put it back on the charge cable when not in use.
I used it as a plug-in (bypass) I suppose about 30% to 40% of the time. Often going through 5-10 bowls/day, though less after getting a Grasshopper.
After 2 years, it was still getting 8 capsules from a single charge, heating nearly as fast as when new.

Unfortunately, I had to put it away for what's now been many, many months (I don't have access to it currently) and I'm increasingly concerned for the status of the batteries. Nevertheless, it's been a spectacular run. I'm psyched that there are now options for user-serviceable batteries should I need them in the future!

JCharles

FC 06/06/2017 | ACMPR 26/07/2017
The unit turns off after 2 minutes; are you using more than 1 heat cycle per capsule/bowl?

I don't temp step, I like a steady 205C.

JCharles,
Reactions: BigJr48
2ytteyo.jpg

2hxbl7k.jpg

Last edited:

rodders83

I used mine for 2 week as a plug in i am only now after that blip changing my habit but the website states it can vape on a dead battery.

Anyways im 10m in still 5 bars at 210c im going to stopwatch it and note the time i get from 1 charge note that down and redo that test next year. If its degrading ill pop it in the post because S&B said there they will honor the past promise for a battery change at 60 euro. I loojed the website T&C it states anything they say in writing must be upheld and it still says you can get a repair done outside of warranty too.

Look at section 8 im happy now i finally got quality customer service. A second will be on the cards too if i win the lotto.

rodders83,
Reactions: Bomb33

rodders83

Thanks to everyone for the help!

I went for the Mighty in the end with glass water tool and honey bong with attachments.

Will be here Tuesday so will report back

Thanks again.

You will be happy i had some anxiety about mine too when the desktop herborizer xl broke it was all i had i think its as good almost.

The only issue is bowl size maybe if you use capsules with screens at both ends like me you can do moonrocks and kief and oil from the reclaim but i find you get 3 hits at 210c and the 4th is really thin if i was rich i would toss the fourth but the first 3 make me cough like the herborizer.

You know when you have to put your face in front of a fan it was a big hit thats me spluttering in front of a fan going OMG *relief* and it can milk the bubbler which is the same size as the roor bubbler for those 3 hits.

wildything

Can someone suggest a case for the mighty something similar to the one above for the crafty
The large size option of these cases fits the mighty nice and snug! The latches may be a bit hard to open but for the price it can't be beat
Edit- they are also air tight and can fit some capsules inside it with the mighty
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Waterproof-Shockproof-Airtight-Box-Outdoor-Container-Jewery-Storage-Carry-Case/282351620696?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&var=581467292746&_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649

Last edited:

fuby

Two random questions:

1) Is there anything "special" about the material of the brush that you get with the mighty? Mine is getting worn out.
2) We all know the sticky residue that fills our CU after a while. I keep worrying myself if that residue also builds up in my lungs. Is there any research on that? I am not sure what i should search for.

Have a nice day!

fuby,

OyVape

The weirdest thing just happened. We were Vaping the last of a bowl of green crack on 400 and suddenly there was oil on our lips And teeth, and dripping out of the mouthpiece. I could taste
it in my mouth. Had to actually clean my lips with 91% alcohol not once but two or three times, rinsing With water of course. I was afraid my lips were going to get stuck together! some oil is still stuck to the inside of my front teeth. Gonna be interesting trying to floss tonight!

Man, my cooling unit must be more gunked up than I thought! A veritable gold mine of gunk! I’m almost afraid to open it.

seriously, Has this happened to anyone else?

Last edited:

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Has this happened to anyone else?
Not with Mighty, 'cause I clean the CU regularly.
Grasshopper does it quite a bit, since it runs kinda hot in the short air path from the chamber to the opening of the mouthpiece; so little area for any gunk to collect.
When I take the CU off of Mighty for filling, I can tall by the 'heft' of it how clean it is, partly by weight and in part by a dampened sound. When clean it will feel/sound kinda tinny, when it's gunked it has a kinda dull feel and sound.

Massey64

seriously, Has this happened to anyone else?

Can confirm this has happened to me a few times before. Just means the CU is full of goodness!

If you’re having trouble cleaning the mouth piece and can’t be bothered with an iso soak I’ve found once the CU is warm you can push a small bit of cotton through the mouthpiece with a toothpick then vape the oil off it. I use ecig cotton as I’ve got it lying around. Obviously make sure anything you’re vaping is safe to do so!

Massey64,

rodders83

I never had a drop of gunk until using one with caps now the bongs a lot cleaner but 1 week the easyflow starts to drip.

The best organic way of collection is heat it a little so its runny and swab some stem in roll and gunk it up and vape the small bit of stem in the capsules with bud.

dave123

Hi everyone

The mighty has arrived today.

Just after some tips before I delve in!

Do I need to do a burn off before using and for how long?

Should I start with the original mouth piece to try it out or go straight in with the bubbler or bong?

If using a water tool, should I use tap water, bottled water and what temperature? Is colder water better?

Thanks

dave123,
Top Bottom