1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

The Mighty by Storz & Bickel

Discussion in 'Portable Vaporizers' started by Roger D, Oct 16, 2014.

1. wisausnk

wisausnk Member

Look what arrived today

[​IMG]

BigJr48, tonuzzi and HughJundys like this.
  2. HughJundys

HughJundys Dixie Normus

BigJr48 and tonuzzi like this.
  3. wisausnk

wisausnk Member

It's a great vape and my favorite followed by the ArGo

tonuzzi likes this.
  4. tonuzzi

tonuzzi Vaped and Confused

Great Choice...You will love it! I use mine with the dosing capsules, keeps the oven chamber super clean. IMO The stand is a must...Enjoy!!!

5. Vitolo

Vitolo Vaporist

@nenmayk 's Stand is great!
    Precisely machined.

Green Kiwi likes this.
  6. disGRUNTled

disGRUNTled Well-Known Member

Lemon Tree in the Mighty.Listening to Mickey Factz drop real knowledge on Fun Flex amazing freestyle.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Click to play YouTube Video

BigJr48 likes this.
  7. rodders83

rodders83 Contemplator of dual Mighty's

What did they do to milk out 20 percent more battery life i just realized they emailed me about this and have no idea what they did.

Better software or better battery?

BigJr48 and wildything like this.
  8. VanCough

VanCough Environmentalist

Has anyone taken the mighty apart and replaced the batteries themselves?

BigJr48, wildything and mixchu69 like this.
  9. Some-new-user

Some-new-user Member

There are pics and videos of this if you search hard enough online. There is also a crafty user who has done his own mod to allow replacement batteries.

It's not something I would want to do in a hurry especially with a new unit but definitely possible. I would recommend batteries with pre soldered tabs unless you have extensive knowledge in this. Heat from soldering iron + batteries is VERY DANGEROUS

10. Mike-MUC

Mike-MUC New Member

You might wanna check with verdampftnochmal . It is a de-domain. They are offering several different solutions for the Mighty. I went with the silicone tubing and an Ehle glass knee. I bought the WPA piece as well, but I prefer the first solution with a D020-D since the WPA always give me the feeling it might break the Mighty..

Only the Mighty Med has the certification. There are several minor differences between both.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 6, 2018
    BigJr48 likes this.
  11. Hogni

Hogni Honi soit qui mal y pense

Which ones should that be? As far as I know from the guys of VDNM the regular and the medic one are technically the same.

BigJr48 and MonkeyTime like this.
  12. Homefoodhealth

Homefoodhealth Member

Is this the correct type of alcohol to clean a mighty oven/cu’s Etc with?
    I don’t want to damage it.

[​IMG]

13. Baron23

Baron23 Well-Known Member

Yes, looking closely at the label, that's 99.9% ISO. Very good to use.

BigJr48, Homefoodhealth and vapviking like this.
  14. VanCough

VanCough Environmentalist

Well my mighty has been my trust steed now for almost 3 years, so unfortunately the warranty is well and truly over.

I sent Storz and Bickel a RMA but their response was that due to my unit being out of warranty they could only offer me a replacement unit at a discounted price of €248 and my old mighty being sent in.

The only issue I have with my unit is that the batteries have degraded over the years and it only holds enough charge for a couple of sessions now.

If they won’t fix it for me I’m inclined to have a go myself.

From what I understand the process is relatively simple, you just need a solder hot enough that contact time with the battery is kept to a minimum.

If you could point me in the direction of the content you refer to I would be very appreciative as I have searched hard already and have been unable to turn up anything, even just a disassembled mighty to know what to expect upon opening.

BigJr48 likes this.
  15. vapviking

vapviking Well-Known Member

There's been some good discussion and information recently in the Crafty Thread, from about page 367 going back about 5, 6 pages or so.

@JCat has been helpful (he sells ready-to-go battery setup for Crafty, plug 'n play! which he believes will work in Mighty).

Here's one good set of instruction for Crafty he pasted;

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/the-crafty-by-storz-bickel.15984/page-363#post-1215451

There's also discussion about the soldering in those recent pages.

I believe to open the Mighty you access 2 torx screws that are behind the label (remove label with heat gun to preserve it for re-applying). Slide the two haves of body vertically, then separate them.

grokit, BigJr48, Green Kiwi and 3 others like this.
  16. Jack_72

Jack_72 Active Member

Afaik they also offer to replace the case + batteries for about 80$ !

BigJr48 likes this.
  17. mixchu69

mixchu69 Well-Known Member

They don’t do that for the early mightys. I was in the 2000’s and they said the new batteries are not compatible. Once mine dies, going to ask @JCat for battery replacement or replace it with new

shredder, Jack_72 and BigJr48 like this.
  18. MGG

MGG Well-Known Member

I'm unsure if this has been asked, but for the 230volt charger.
    Does anyone know of some generic equivalent for the charger?
    It's very expensive just for a charger...
    I need to get a replacement because the wire has broke on mine.

19. Razshiro

Razshiro Well-Known Member

If you're under warranty(if not give a try), just e-mail S&B and tell them your charger is broke, normally they will send a brand new charger :).

Homefoodhealth, MGG and BigJr48 like this.
  20. tdriver

tdriver Well-Known Member

12V 3A output, 2.1x5.5mm Jack , center = positive

Homefoodhealth, MGG, BigJr48 and 2 others like this.
  21. rodders83

rodders83 Contemplator of dual Mighty's

How old is old i got mine in jan 16 its just out of warranty its been used maybe 5 times max they told me when i bought it 60 euro for a battery replacment and i keep this for future correpondences and legal reasons.

So your post scared me... how old does it have to be you said old batterys? And since they said 20% more battery in an email recently my anxiety is thinking they changed the batterys and now no one gets a battery replacement but instead an offer of a reduction in price on a new model.

Could you clarify for me because im worried i misunderstand and as i said if they did indeed so what u said above i would ask for a refund this week because i only bought based on the email from s&b which states 60 euro for new batterys.

Legally i intend to hold them to that as long as i have thay email and mastercard protection i can force them to honor it or mastercard has to refund me or not get the debt cleared. :D

22. shredder

shredder Well-Known Member

Mine is 78** and they told me I can get a new one for $249 or batteries for a price I can't remember but they made it clear they highly recommended not to do the bat change out.so far I've done neither but I have to charge it every 3-4 loads now. I'm not sure anymore why I'm holding off, lol. Especially now their shipping the 20% improved batts. Soon I guess.

mixchu69 and BigJr48 like this.
  23. mixchu69

mixchu69 Well-Known Member

Since you are in Europe. I hear that S&B germany takes care of their customers better than S&B Oakland (i believe Americans go through Oakland). I bought mine the first few months that it was out. I wouldnt worry too much because I heard of good stories with S&B Germany. Even though I can only vape a few bowls a charge, still love my mighty.

24. condor020

condor020 Member

i got my mighty and im suprised i got really nice vape when i start at 180 for at least 6 or 7 aspiration but then when i up the temp to 190 and even 210 , there is almost no vape at all, iam surprised i possessed a vapir no2 back the time and i dont remember that happening

25. Abysmal Vapor

Abysmal Vapor Shaman of The Pyramid of Orlin'Malah

Are there clouds if you start at 200-210 ? If not your unit is faulty .
    Another reason might be not very rich herb or you load too little.. :).
    I dont own a mighty so i dont really know what 6-7 aspirations are on it,but is more than enough to finish a small load in most of my vapes :).
    Try loading more :).
    If i vape a small load at 190 C in my TUBO i can finish it in 2-3 bongrips.After that there wont be much vapor no matter how much i increase my temps :).

condor020 and Ramahs like this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors