The Mighty/Mighty+ by Storz & Bickel

Jack_72

He's a very small shop and I think he really does try to be fair. Even this adapter may seem a little pricey, but considering that just to make a muzzmod you need the glass piece and you have to cannibalize a cooling unit, it's not so bad.
Tbh I don't even think the prices for his adapters are too high, the products seem solid and thoughtful and the prices are appropiate in my opinion.
It is just hard to understand, why every asian shop offers low shipping costs while I would had to pay 14.80$ at Delta3DStudios. They could just use a padded envelope and ship it for 2$.
The Grand Total is $39.30 for the water adapter + shipping to Germany and that is just way too high, at least in my opinion. Well since I am not forced to buy Delta3D products its just a personal opinion and I am happy for every one of their customers who can afford their products. I am very sure they offer the best adapters on the market.

Jack_72,
Here is the mighty my friend has decided to gift to me upon upgrading to a new model, he said to play around with it and figure out how to use it and clean it etc before grabbing the new model.

I removed the CU, screens and cleaned the housing and oven with some iso as it was really really dirty.

Upon cleaning the mighty I noticed the plastic housing is coming apart, the two half’s which stick together to make up the unit, please see pictures for details, given this is an older model and that more than likely the warranty has already expired also being that it is a hand me down, me being the second owner, do you think there is any chance of me being able to get S&B to fix the damaged housing or let me trade it in, giving me some discount off of a new model and letting me pay the remainding balance towards the new unit?

Apparently the mighty holds a really poor charge now also, but I have yet to use it as I still have a lot more cleaning to do first, if there is anyone who is experienced with S&B customer service, could you please advise me on how and who to contact along with what I would be best saying
to them, i don’t know if I even have any leg to stand on atall
in regards to getting it sorted out.
So if anyone knows the best route for me to take to find a resolution to this
or has any advice atall it would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

Production date is 11-2014 blue and orange box. I have the box and serial number but not the original purchase receipt.

nbuipy.jpg

2u96047.jpg

idrjip.jpg

28cni35.jpg

2emdh5w.jpg

3482jro.jpg

Last edited:

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
It is just hard to understand, why every asian shop offers low shipping costs while I would had to pay 14.80$ at Delta3DStudios. They could just use a padded envelope and ship it for 2$.

Sadly, due to the size of my store, USPS will reject all shipments which are not identified properly as merchandise and with the proper dimensions. Three years ago international shipments cost around $10 USD minimum, somehow USPS continues to raise the price exponentially I really wish there was a cheaper method to ship out of the USA but I have yet to find anything (Fedex/UPS/DHL were more expensive previously but I may have to circle back to them for a revised quote).

This is why I've been trying to partner with international retailers worldwide - ship my partners bulk inventory so my customers can opt for a more affordable regional shipping option. If your preferred retailer is not on my list of Authorized Resellers, please have them contact me for more information about wholesale opportunities.

If anyone has any suggestions for how my business could lower my international shipping rates from the USA, please PM me, I'm all ears.

HellsWindStaff

Dharma Initiate
So there's a new Mighty....where I have I been?! Just improved battery life?

My Mighty is almost 3 years old still going pretty strong! Some superficial damage to fins near the bowl but other than that, kosher!

My charger cord is broken though....frayed and for awhile I was able to finagle a charge in the right position, now it's just shit out of luck.

8S3ELnh.jpg

God this is an awful picture.....I used my Underdog power supply to charge it last night, will that cause any issues with it? They are both 12v output. The Mighty at 3 amps and the UD at 1250mA I believe? It did seem to charge it just worried about the insides

HellsWindStaff,

Some-new-user

Has anyone had issues with their new Mighty having a strong smell when doing burnoffs? I got my 3rd Mighty in yesterday (sold the other 2) and while doing burnoffs I noticed a strong smell almost chemical-like. I don't remember having this issue on my previous Mighty's but who knows maybe once I used it the smell got covered up. I took some dry pulls with it on max temp and could also taste what I have been smelling. I'm up to about 4 or 5 burnoffs and the smell is still there. I am going to do about 5 more before giving up and trying to return it. The smell is not coming from the cooling unit it is coming from inside the Mighty. Has anyone had this issue with a recently bought Mighty?

Jdent I definitely haven't noticed this with my mighty - purchased beginning of March 18 with the 20% extra battery sticker on the box.
If it seems to you like there is something coming from inside the unit definitely get in touch with S&B or where you purchased the item. My unit tastes clean as a whistle. I did one burn off before jumping in head first.

So there's a new Mighty....where I have I been?! Just improved battery life?

My Mighty is almost 3 years old still going pretty strong! Some superficial damage to fins near the bowl but other than that, kosher!

My charger cord is broken though....frayed and for awhile I was able to finagle a charge in the right position, now it's just shit out of luck.

8S3ELnh.jpg

God this is an awful picture.....I used my Underdog power supply to charge it last night, will that cause any issues with it? They are both 12v output. The Mighty at 3 amps and the UD at 1250mA I believe? It did seem to charge it just worried about the insides
Someone will probably correct me here but I believe this will damage your wallwart more than your mighty. As the mighty is trying to pull more amps than the transformer is rated at. The mighty will probably charge slower and your wallwart will probably get quite hot from being over worked. With that in mind I wouldn't risk this due to the mighty having batteries and being so precious. I wouldn't want the batteries to leak or explode for the sake of a power supply that could be bought quite cheap. There is probably a way to repair those broken/frayed cables for cheap.

Last edited by a moderator:
Some-new-user,
Reactions: blackstone

subway13029

Good thing the wife and kids were home today..got my rma in the mail today..brand new mighty!! And it has a 20 percent more battery sticker jjst to let you guys know..it took about 8 days total maybe 9 from sending to getting new one back..mine still worked but randomly would shut off and have minor hiccups here and there..all in all a very painless process except having to use other vapes on the go..s and b never even contacted me back just a tracking number..i never knew if i was getting my mighty back or this fabulous new one..

WildChild

Seeking My Shangri-La
Great tips, guys - thank you. I will try that approach (microdosing by using the pad). I may even get some of those capsules again (tried them before and found them too much hassle).

BTW blackstone ... WTF? How did you get a Solo into Myanmar? And what the hell are you doing there? You can't drop a bombshell like that and not expect any questions! :)
I'm the one in Myanmar working on a cooperative project aimed at improving standards of living for the poor here; particularly farmers. The country just got a new President so things are a bit hectic.

I simply put my vaporizer in an air tight Pelican case and put it in my checked baggage. No issues whatsoever, thankfully! I cleaned it very well before packing, of course. To be honest, I don't think many here would really know what the hell it is. lol

I usually crank my Mighty to maximum temperature right from the start to do my session. I'm getting approximately 7 to 8 sessions per charge. Bought my Mighty from Puffitup in August 2017 and it came in the new box. No '20% Extra Battery Power' sticker though. But I'm not too concerned as it works great and meets my needs.

Sorry to get off topic, Mods.

Last edited:
WildChild,
Reactions: KidFated.

jdent3

Jdent I definitely haven't noticed this with my mighty - purchased beginning of March 18 with the 20% extra battery sticker on the box.
If it seems to you like there is something coming from inside the unit definitely get in touch with S&B or where you purchased the item. My unit tastes clean as a whistle. I did one burn off before jumping in head first.

I have now done about 15 burnoffs and the smell has faded a bit but is not gone completely. I also took some dry mouth pulls and I could clearly taste what I've been smelling. I think I am going to ask for a refund rather than an exchange. I don't feel comfortable using a vape that can smell this much even if it is defective. My health is something I don't want to mess around with. I've owned 2 other Mighty's before this and didn't have an issue but I kind of worry that maybe their internal design was slightly modified or they switched materials inside the heating unit. I'm probably wrong but I don' want to take a chance when there's so many other good vapes out there.

jdent3,

elmomuzz

That just happened...
The air path is rather simple in the mighty so there isn’t much to smell in the actual air path. If there is residue in the aluminum heat exchanger that is nasty but I am betting they are cleaned by Storz and Bickel. No amount of “burn off” is going to remove contamination from the heat exchanger. It just has to be clean.

I recently posted a picture of my crafty heater disassembled if you’d like to take a look inside.

subway13029

The new mighty i recieved seems to be a different type of plastic or maybe just a different way they do it because it seems to have almost a texture to it where as my previois one was smooth(my previous had 2 minute shutoff but didnt habe the boost feature)and the thing i noticed most was how tight the cu was to twist off..im a big dude who doesnt have any grip or hand issues and it required me to notice it at the very least..just seemed like a better cu to actual unit fitmemt was on point..im sure it will loosen over time but still be a nice snug fit. Overall it seems more solidly built than my previois one..and the beautiful shiny bowl..i wanna keep it that way forever..but overall the unit is much more solid than previous ones..im super stoked to see the battery life..

jdent3

The air path is rather simple in the mighty so there isn’t much to smell in the actual air path. If there is residue in the aluminum heat exchanger that is nasty but I am betting they are cleaned by Storz and Bickel. No amount of “burn off” is going to remove contamination from the heat exchanger. It just has to be clean.

I recently posted a picture of my crafty heater disassembled if you’d like to take a look inside.

I would love to see the inside of the heater where can I find the pictures? I am thinking with mine maybe there was residue of some sort on the aluminum heater or it was assembled incorrectly and something is offgassing.

jdent3,

vapviking

Old & In the Way

elmomuzz

That just happened...
The airpath is a passage in the plastic housing up through a channel in the aluminum tube. The heating resister resides in a separate and isolated opening in the aluminum tube. The air never has to pass the electronics so a very simple and clean design.

Again no amount of burnoff will clean that air passage if it is soiled. It’s either clean from Storz and Bickel or it’s not.

crafty1.jpg

jdent3

The airpath is a passage in the plastic housing up through a channel in the aluminum tube. The heating resister resides in a separate and isolated opening in the aluminum tube. The air never has to pass the electronics so a very simple and clean design.

Again no amount of burnoff will clean that air passage if it is soiled. It’s either clean from Storz and Bickel or it’s not.

crafty1.jpg

So the air just flows through the aluminum tube and the wires and everything are on the outside of the aluminum heater? I did wonder if perhaps aluminum when heated for the first while has any smell to it? I am in contact with the retailer and can get an exchange but I'm hesitant to get another Mighty just in case this issue arises again on the new unit.

Justpassedu

Here is the mighty my friend has decided to gift to me upon upgrading to a new model, he said to play around with it and figure out how to use it and clean it etc before grabbing the new model.

I removed the CU, screens and cleaned the housing and oven with some iso as it was really really dirty.

Upon cleaning the mighty I noticed the plastic housing is coming apart, the two half’s which stick together to make up the unit, please see pictures for details, given this is an older model and that more than likely the warranty has already expired also being that it is a hand me down, me being the second owner, do you think there is any chance of me being able to get S&B to fix the damaged housing or let me trade it in, giving me some discount off of a new model and letting me pay the remainding balance towards the new unit?

Apparently the mighty holds a really poor charge now also, but I have yet to use it as I still have a lot more cleaning to do first, if there is anyone who is experienced with S&B customer service, could you please advise me on how and who to contact along with what I would be best saying
to them, i don’t know if I even have any leg to stand on atall
in regards to getting it sorted out.
So if anyone knows the best route for me to take to find a resolution to this
or has any advice atall it would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

Production date is 11-2014 blue and orange box. I have the box and serial number but not the original purchase receipt.

nbuipy.jpg

2u96047.jpg

idrjip.jpg

28cni35.jpg

2emdh5w.jpg

3482jro.jpg
Contact Storz & Bickel. They will charge you but can replace the batteries and case and upgrade the unit for you for a fee. You can also use the mighty while plugged in. Nice friend by the way. Good Luck

Baron23

So the air just flows through the aluminum tube and the wires and everything are on the outside of the aluminum heater? I did wonder if perhaps aluminum when heated for the first while has any smell to it? I am in contact with the retailer and can get an exchange but I'm hesitant to get another Mighty just in case this issue arises again on the new unit.
This the only report I have ever seen of bad smell/chemical burn-off in a Mighty in almost two years of following posts on this device.

This is unusual in the extreme and I would just return it for another. Something is wrong with that unit that is not prevalent at all in the product in general.

Or return it for a refund if that's your desire....but no, this is not at all common with any S&B devices.

Jack_72

I am in contact with the retailer and can get an exchange but I'm hesitant to get another Mighty just in case this issue arises again on the new unit.
Dude what exactly do you want us to tell you?
This is no life essential decision, just refund your mighty, get the money back if you are so worried about it's design and buy a cheaper one. Every other member of this board in this thread will tell you that it's a solid and healthy device.

jdent3

Dude what exactly do you want us to tell you?
This is no life essential decision, just refund your mighty, get the money back if you are so worried about it's design and buy a cheaper one. Every other member of this board in this thread will tell you that it's a solid and healthy device.
No need to get riled up. I have owned 2 Mightys before this and know that it' a safe device. I was merely trying to find out if anyone else has had an issue with smell with a new Mighty (20% extra battery). I cannot get a refund either, the retailer will only exchange it. So now I have to decide whether I want to use the new Mghty or sell it.

jdent3,

Baron23

the retailer will only exchange it. So now I have to decide whether I want to use the new Mghty or sell it.

Huh? Use it or sell it. What happened to the "retailer will only exchange it". Don't sell this to some other poor unsuspecting putz and don't use it yourself. Exchange it. Then if you want to sell it, sell the new and not malfunctioning one.

I'm sorry, but you seem to have plenty of options and I believe you got the answer you were looking for....NO, this type of issue is ABSOLUTELY NOT ENDEMIC TO THE MIGHTY DEVICE and your instance is the first time I have heard of this.

Search this thread for "smell", "burn off", whatever. I don't think you will find any instances of contaminated Mighty's which, by the by, have a medical certification in the EU based on material analysis, I believe.

jdent3

Huh? Use it or sell it. What happened to the "retailer will only exchange it". Don't sell this to some other poor unsuspecting putz and don't use it yourself. Exchange it. Then if you want to sell it, sell the new and not malfunctioning one.

I'm sorry, but you seem to have plenty of options and I believe you got the answer you were looking for....NO, this type of issue is ABSOLUTELY NOT ENDEMIC TO THE MIGHTY DEVICE and your instance is the first time I have heard of this.

Search this thread for "smell", "burn off", whatever. I don't think you will find any instances of contaminated Mighty's which, by the by, have a medical certification in the EU based on material analysis, I believe.

I didn't say I was selling the unit I have now. I said I would sell the exchanged unit. The retaler will not take a return though. So I will be exchanging it and possibly selling the new unopened unit.

Some-new-user

Jdent I would advise you to contact s&b in the meantime anyway. It may seem like some extra effort for you but maybe you could log the serial number with them and there may be a slim possibility that they could tell you the root cause of this problem or investigate further(when it has been returned &inspected). It really does seem like a one off and I'm sorry this has happened to you.

I've only had my mighty for a few weeks after having a few cheap conduction vapes for a while. I never really seemed to get an effect from those. The Mighry and an ear infection helped me completely f@** combustion. I knew there were battery/longevity issues but no one has even whispered about this in all of the research I have done.

I think you're looking for reassurance because you have lost faith - you've previously owned these units and obviously liked them as you wouldn't have bought another if not. The only people who can give you that now are the manufacturers.

I'm asking you as a fellow fc member and vaper and s&b customer to log this with them. One of my concerns is you have a fake but I'm sure with the sticker, new box and consistency of details plus these are fairly new that it wouldn't be fake. I'm not completely sure and I don't want to alarm you or put you off your retailer either.

I really hope you get some resolve on this and I know myself and other users would be interested in what s&b say about the unit. You know it's definitely not right.

I don't know what to say about the exchange, maybe contacting s&b and discussing with them your lost faith in the product - not wanting to use the replacement and then you losing money on the whole transaction. They could have a word with the retailer and maybe possibly from you doing this they would contact the retailer and the retailer will offer you a refund but please don't take that as my word. These products are a grey area hygiene & battery wise for some but you should still have consumer rights in your country for a faulty unit that you were unable to actually put to your lips. You would need to check your local authority (in the UK it's trading standards)

Another option it this would last would be to say to the retailer that you will send it back to them. You don't want a replacement yet but you want them to send it back to s&b (who you would have contacted) and after they have inspected it and they diagnose if s&b say you should get a refund then they give you your money back. Last chance as I wouldn't want someone holding on to my money when I received a faulty unit.

The above is just advice. I'm sorry again that this has happened to you but the other uses are right here you need to move on with this - 15 burn offs is way too many and you know it. As far as I'm concerned it should be a precautionary thing that we do just to make sure there's no residue from production or dust or whatever left in there.

Top Bottom