The Mighty/Mighty+ by Storz & Bickel

Jack_72

if I'm a pretty light user, do you think I can go for a while by simply keeping it fully charged instead of letting it get down to 2 bars?
I was asking this myself today if the batteries will last longer when you use your Mighty only while charging.
I would fully charge it and unload the batteries one or two more times and you are good to go again. Just dont let the batteries fully drain all the time.

e: Sry misunderstood this. Dont let your mighty be fully charged all the time, same as you dont let it drain completely all the time. Just stay between max and 2 bars and sometimes unload it entirely -> according to S&B this is the most conserving way for your batteries.

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
These batteries are said to be best stored at about 2/3 capacity unless technology has changed in the past few years. We see this with laptops which use lithium ion batteries where they are constantly plugged in and max charge for a majority of their use and the batteries still do not last.

I would say best practice would be to use it plugged in when possible. Don't leave it constantly plugged in, and try to keep the battery in optimal temperatures (don't leave it to freeze in your car overnight, etc.) Drop the charge down before long term storage. :2c:

blackstone

When mine was newer I would get around one full use if I started with one bar battery,
but after nearly two years I can start on one bar (maybe even two sometimes but it changes to one quick) and it might die before I'm done.
Maybe the gauge also becomes less accurate as the battery begins to die, but it does seem like the loss of capacity is allowing a quicker drain near the end.

Really have to make up my mind what to do about batteries or selling and upgrading to new myself.

CIWYW

When mine was newer I would get around one full use if I started with one bar battery,
but after nearly two years I can start on one bar (maybe even two sometimes but it changes to one quick) and it might die before I'm done.
Maybe the gauge also becomes less accurate as the battery begins to die, but it does seem like the loss of capacity is allowing a quicker drain near the end.

Really have to make up my mind what to do about batteries or selling and upgrading to new myself.
I'd wait if I were you. I have a strong feeling S&B gonna surprise us with a new portable.

darbarikanada

The price drop and the fact that they haven't released one in a couple of years.

they have a very successful product which they continue to upgrade incrementally. while I suspect they'd love to come up with an all-convection portable, in the meantime they can preserve market share by lowering prices. as the saying goes, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" - until someone else comes up with a hybrid session vape that beats the mighty at or lower than its price point, I don't expect them to release a replacement soon. just my 2 cents...

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
I don’t see why they would try to make a new portable. The ABV results are super consistent with the hybrid heating and the flavour is preserved throughout the whole session.

I use my Mighty occasionally and have noticed a slight drop in battery performance over the years. It’s not alarming and to be expected with Li-ion batteries.

The only improvement I would make to the Mighty is replaceable batteries or battery packs that we could have charged.

The actual vaping experience is perfect for sipping and walking around the plants in my yard.

Teenthontik

Babylon Is Burning
they have a very successful product which they continue to upgrade incrementally. while I suspect they'd love to come up with an all-convection portable, in the meantime they can preserve market share by lowering prices. as the saying goes, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" - until someone else comes up with a hybrid session vape that beats the mighty at or lower than its price point, I don't expect them to release a replacement soon. just my 2 cents...

My Mighty has been on the shelf and I hav'nt used any of my other vapes apart from my VC M for hash since I recieved my Fury 5 weeks ago, so maybe there will be a new SB portable soon.

The Fury is going to take some beating imho. 2p

Over and out TOT

balarama

I have a chance to buy a used Mighty for 170€(still under warranty), I already have a Grasshopper but is going for repairs.
So I need a secondary(now primary) portable vape. Should I get the Mighty or pick another one, like the Fury for example?

Tbh, the plastic construction is not appealing to me, I much prefer a full glass vapor path but the Arizers are not what I want.
Just found out there's a glass tube accessory for the Mighty, actually it's only the mouthpiece, anyone has experience with it?

I need some good opinions before I pull the trigger.

Thanks

balarama,

darbarikanada

Should I get the Mighty or pick another one, like the Fury for example?

I've never gotten any plastic taste from my mighty, even with the plastic mouthpiece. I haven't tried the fury2, but from what I've read/heard/seen, it probably makes hotter vapor than the mighty, but if you're ok with the grasshopper, maybe that wouldn't be an issue. the fury also lacks the vibrate function, which I find very useful.

passenger

is this thing on?
I have a chance to buy a used Mighty for 170€(still under warranty), I already have a Grasshopper but is going for repairs.
So I need a secondary(now primary) portable vape. Should I get the Mighty or pick another one, like the Fury for example?

Tbh, the plastic construction is not appealing to me, I much prefer a full glass vapor path but the Arizers are not what I want.
Just found out there's a glass tube accessory for the Mighty, actually it's only the mouthpiece, anyone has experience with it?

Thanks
The Mighty is kinda great for an electronic vaporizer and the taste is pretty good as well throughout the whole session. And it's a session vaporizer, you can puff quite a while on a bowl. The handling is extreme easy and convenient. For 170 it's a steal. Considered butane powered vapes yet?

passenger,

Jack_72

The Mighty is kinda great for an electronic vaporizer and the taste is pretty good as well throughout the whole session. And it's a session vaporizer, you can puff quite a while on a bowl. The handling is extreme easy and convenient. For 170 it's a steal. Considered butane powered vapes yet?

I'm with you there, mate.
Me too, but tbh I would prefer a metallic case since the plastic case is not so durable imo. Plus the display is so tiny it seems like being from a 90's device :p.
But well those are complains on high levels. In fact the Mighty is my #1 vape which I prefer over the Volcano & Arizer EQ4...
The Mighty Medic which is basically the very same as the regular Mighty got a German TÜV seal for not being harmful to human body. Although this was a strategical step to give medical costumors the chance to demand financial help of their insurances, this does proof something. There is no other Vape with this kind of seal out there and TÜV usually is known as strict testing laboratories.

CIWYW

^ Although I sincerely agree that the Mighty is an awesome vaporizer, I bet that almost none of the vaporizers try to get that kind of seal so that is something we don't know.

CIWYW,
Reactions: grokit

jay87

Thanks

I was in a similar boat before I got my Mighty.

I was skeptical of the plastic and size but when I got my Mighty those things didn't matter at all.

The vapor quality of the Mighty is superior. Specifically taste is top tier, potency is top tier, and the Mighty fully extracts my herb better than any of my other portables.

The things you don't get to see about the mighty until you get it is how well it's user interface was designed.

What I mean by that is loading and unloading is incredibly easy, changing temperatures is natural, draw resistance is very low, and there's all the little things like a built in stir tool and how well it fits in your hand.

Basically if you're only concerned about the plastic, get the Mighty now and you'll thank yourself later. It's the real deal :nod:

pallfy

I was in a similar boat before I got my Mighty.

I was skeptical of the plastic and size but when I got my Mighty those things didn't matter at all.

The vapor quality of the Mighty is superior. Specifically taste is top tier, potency is top tier, and the Mighty fully extracts my herb better than any of my other portables.

The things you don't get to see about the mighty until you get it is how well it's user interface was designed.

What I mean by that is loading and unloading is incredibly easy, changing temperatures is natural, draw resistance is very low, and there's all the little things like a built in stir tool and how well it fits in your hand.

Basically if you're only concerned about the plastic, get the Mighty now and you'll thank yourself later. It's the real deal :nod:

@balarama Also you can buy a glass adapter and attach it to a bubbler (with or without water), and that way you bypass the plastic cooling unit ($20 for adapter, $10 for bubbler on dhgate).

But still, this plastic material is no problem, I'm sure its top quality and cured properly to withstand high temps and sterilization, and the cooling unit is good for cooling vapor and filtering out little particles.

Last edited:

Jack_72

$20 for adapter, $12 for bubbler on dhgate
Thank you for that advice lol, just ordered my bubbler for about 10$ inclusive shipping. Ten minutes before I was suggesting to buy the exact same bubbler with a fancy logo from a local web shop for about 30$ !

Jack_72,
Reactions: pallfy

juxt

First time posting! I just read this entire thread (exaggerating) and it's longer and drier than Leo Tolstoy's War & Peace ;)

I ordered my first botanical vaporizer, the Mighty..it's scheculed for delivery tomorrow. Very excited.

As I said, I've read a lot...any specific advice for a newb with their first vape?

LAWTHEONE

CLOUDYWITHFOG/ZEROVISIBILITY
You won’t be disappointed! Buy a water piece adapter from 3-D studios, some dosing capsules from S/B, and a glass bubbler or bong from DHgate and strap in your seatbelt. Water peice adapter $25, dosing capsules $12, DH gate bong or bubbler $20-$40 depending on what you want. Enjoy it with the regular mouthpiece and then step it up with the water piece adapter . It’s like two weeks in one with two totally different experiences. I liked 360° With the regular mouthpiece and 390° with the WPA This is a very versatile piece of equipment!

pallfy

First time posting! I just read this entire thread (exaggerating) and it's longer and drier than Leo Tolstoy's War & Peace ;)

I ordered my first botanical vaporizer, the Mighty..it's scheculed for delivery tomorrow. Very excited.

As I said, I've read a lot...any specific advice for a newb with their first vape?

When I first got it, the big hits were overwhelming, so take it easy on the size of your draws.

Also I recommend using capsules always. They don't cost much ($1 each at my herb store), I have 5. This way you don't need to brush your bowl clean of debris after every use, makes huge difference over time to keep that bowl clean.

CIWYW

When I first got it, the big hits were overwhelming, so take it easy on the size of your draws.

Also I recommend using capsules always. They don't cost much ($1 each at my herb store), I have 5. This way you don't need to brush your bowl clean of debris after every use, makes huge difference over time to keep that bowl clean.
In the long run keeps the device very clean also. I can indeed also highly recommend the dosing capsules.

And yeah, get your glass from DHGate. So, so much cheaper.

cloudsosmoke

Here’s some more

Capsules are so easy
...but if you don’t need the convenience/mind the extra cleaning- I’d also try bowl alone
I stand Mighty upright for filling in any big roll of tape
I use it both with and without capsules

There’s lots of stuff you might find interesting in this forum (not just this thread)- it’s worth looking around

And this one might be important at some point

..less so with the mighty..

Don’t forget to have a back-up vape

Top Bottom