1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

The Mighty by Storz & Bickel

Discussion in 'Portable Vaporizers' started by Roger D, Oct 16, 2014.

1. Used2use

Used2use Landrace racer

Yeah that 10W USB charging would suck - 12V DC is perfect for cars and esp for self sufficent solar systems, no unnecessary conversion losses :tup:

ambertrichome likes this.
  2. MileHighHuman

MileHighHuman Active Member

Is it possible for combustion to occur if herbs sit in the oven chamber for too long? If so, around what time mark will it happen?

People prefer to sip slow or rip really hard with this vape?

Should i buy the water pipe adapter or is the cooling unit the best delivery method?

Last edited: Sep 13, 2017
    ambertrichome likes this.
  3. MonkeyTime

MonkeyTime Well-Known Member

Can't say I've heard of a combustion event with the Mighty, it it did happen, I'm sure it was a faulty device.

Thru water I go straight to 410f and sometimes work get hard, I've never been close. We're well clear of combustion temps.

Second ?, yes. Some work them slow and low, some how after it and don't back off. For a regulated portable, it's incredibly versatile. I haven't used another unregulated portable, that can do everything like this. Others may excel at something specific, but can't be used easily for the whole gamut.

I use both the stock CU, and @Ratchett 's v3 adapter which I highly recommend. More often I prefer it thru water with the adapter. But stock is nothing but great also.

It's a wonderful all around vape that's rock solid for reliability and delivers a great session.

4. namasteIII

namasteIII Well-Known Member

Hey I'm getting my new mighty tomorrow. should I overcharge it at first like I've done for other vapes? To condition the battery or what not? thanks.

5. vapviking

vapviking Well-Known Member

I don't know about 'overcharge'! I don't think that's even a realistic possibility. Conditioning the battery isn't necessary.
    It should arrive at about 80% or so. Put it on charger until full, which won't take very long. Then maybe run it up to full temp once or twice (empty chamber burn-off) just to be sure it's not going put out a weird smell or anything.
    First bowl or two might have a slight "new vape" taste, but that will quickly fade away.
    Enjoy!

6. namasteIII

Hey does it matter which side the mouthpiece is on? in other words when putting the cooling unit on is there a right way to do it or does either side work?

Also for the @rattchet V3 water pipe adaptor do I want to stop tightining at the little nubs or do I want to have those covered?

7. MonkeyTime

MonkeyTime Well-Known Member

Either side is fine, I tend to put it MP right facing the screen day to day, and reverse it to cover the screen with my hand when discretion or dark is wanted.

Stop at the nubs. @Ratchett made it semi-firm to keep from creating pressure, which was a problem with other manufacturers. Going past those will start adding that pressure again.

Enjoy my friend!

Last edited: Sep 15, 2017
  8. cloudsosmoke

cloudsosmoke Well-Known Member

first part of your post

if youre using it holding it in your hand - it changes the side the display faces

EDIT also see above comment

this one happens only rarely
    ..but is annoying - damaging smallest o-ring

at some point later on when youre cleaning c/u
    youll push the two halves of the c/u back together
    and try to slide the latch with the hologram on the top -it wont want to fully close

..dont make mistake of giving it a little extra push - the o-ring is trapped
    it has slipped - you reopen it and re-seat the little o-ring

yes - enjoy
    - its very dependable

ChooChooCharlie and MonkeyTime like this.
  9. namasteIII

Thanks y'all. done my burn offs and have got it all charged up, going to give it a go with some mates later in the evening. Time to see what all the hype is for, this is my first S&B product.

10. Aimless Ryan

Aimless Ryan Came to read about grinders; fucked combustion

It won't be your last.

11. WildChild

WildChild Seeking My Shangri-La

Enjoy. I am LOVING mine after a couple of weeks. Does a great job.

mitchgo61 likes this.
  12. Vapor4me

Vapor4me Member

Hi folks,

I own a Mighty, but feel that the temps are a bit on the lover side for (melty of hard) concentrates, so I'm looking into an EVO to have at home.

Would it be a good complement to my Mighty, or would you recommend something else?

Thanks in advance!

13. 6079Smith

6079Smith Well-Known Member

The Evo is good but the Flowerpot is great. It outshines the Evo with both flowers and concentrates in a more user friendly form factor. Simple to clean, near indestructible, option for Dnail inserts and you can one up with an enail controller for less cash

Just gave the old workhorse an ISO bath and new o-rings, she's in top form this morning :ko: Mighty fine way to start the day

ktmstick and Vapor4me like this.
  14. nysuperscum

nysuperscum Well-Known Member

I've had my mighty for a couple of months now. Love it. Best vape Ive ever owned bar none. I'm off the expensive (here in NY) oils and using flower exclusively. Monthly expense is down 60-75%. It's already paid for itself. I highly highly recommend using the capsules. They keep it clean inside the heater and also extend the life of the mouthpieces. I ordered three extra vapor changers for when mine gets gunked up but haven't had to use any of them yet. Awesome vape. Great investment.

Edit-

The capsules are also great for keeping my abv all day until I get home and can store it properly without making a mess. The ABV from the mighty makes some awesome cannabutter. This adds even more value.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2017
  15. Aimless Ryan

Hack. This is Mighty. I just baked the fuck out of Ryan.

16. SiDankies

SiDankies Well-Known Member

Has S&B made the plastic on these things more reliable yet? Im looking to get a new vape and I have always been very interested in the Mighty. Has there been any major or key changes over the years?

17. passenger

passenger Member

When you consider the first batch, it seemed to be common issue. These days, I hear no complaints anymore, so they got to have solved that. My unit dropped and dropped and all fine.

18. Vaporcussion

Vaporcussion Well-Known Member

I read that they are raising it from 410 to 430 if that helps.

Yes, improvements to the on/off button; I read they have a new (harder) body, that will hopefully help with broken fins, and separating in half. It now has boost mode, and a longer shutoff time.

As far as the Crafty claiming longer battery life now, I'm not sure if it's the same battery with better management. Anyone?

Vapor4me likes this.
  19. namasteIII

Probably, but it's a 300 dollar device your going to use a lot, so take care of it, don't throw it around, be mindful when putting the cooling unit on and off.. stronger plastic is way less important then treating your stuff well.

20. WildChild

WildChild Seeking My Shangri-La

May I ask where you read this?

radiant34 likes this.
  21. MileHighHuman

MinnBobber likes this.
  22. MinnBobber

MinnBobber Well-Known Member

The main function of that is to allow easy connection to a water bubbler or hydratube, so the water can hydrate the vapor some and cool it some, allowing for bigger hits that are much easier to handle VS huge hits directly/without water.

His products are great but also check out the other adapter where you leave the stock cooling unit on and his silicone adapter slips onto the mouthpiece.

23. MileHighHuman

Hey thanks! I linked that specific adapter since 420vapezone said it is his favorite one. Have you happened to compare them and if so what are your pros/cons? It would be used with a jhook as I'm just trying to get the best hits/performance from my Mighty that is possible.

24. MinnBobber

MinnBobber Well-Known Member

For J-hook use, I'd go with:
    It will fit on most vapes with a normal size mouthpiece so you can use it on MANY vapes.
    [​IMG]https://delta3dstudios.com/nearly-universal-vape-to-waterpipe-adapter-medium/

Plus, with it you leave the stock cooling unit on so vapor gets that cooling plus the J-hook cooling, allowing biggest/boldest hits if that's what you mean by "best hits/performance". Without water bubbler for humidifying and cooling vapor, I feel the stock cooling unit is best left in place for use with J-hook IMO

25. Aimless Ryan

I spent the last couple hours doing part of an experiment. With a full battery I turned on my Mighty at MAX temp. I kept it on until the battery was dead.

Here's what I did/what happened. After heating Mighty to MAX temp (410°F/210°C) and starting a stopwatch:
    • 22 minutes: Battery indicator 5/6. (Keep in mind, this number is inflated because I'm not stealing any heat by vaping.)
    • 46 minutes: Battery indicator 4/6.
    • 69 minutes: Battery indicator 3/6.
    • 92 minutes: Battery indicator 2/6.
    • 113 minutes: Battery indicator 1/6.
    • 134 minutes: Battery DEAD.
    This data may not seem relevant, but I have other components in mind that will make it relevant. For example, I think the next part may be pulling 2-4 draws per minute from a full load at MAX temp until the battery is dead.

EDIT: Doing that.

With Mighty's battery fully charged I loaded .3 g of finely-ground herbs and heated to 410°F/210°C. Started stopwatch. Inhaled approximately 2-3 times per minute.
    • 18 minutes: Battery indicator 5/6.
    • 39 minutes: Battery indicator 4/6.
    I'm not gonna spend another hour+ doing that. I think it's safe to project that if I had continued, Mighty's battery would have lasted about 115 minutes. Compared to 134 minutes with no inhaling.

I think the battery life will drop considerably once I limit my sessions to 10 minutes, then have to start each subsequent session with Mighty at room temperature.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2017

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors