The Mighty/Mighty+ by Storz & Bickel

ajvapegod

Hi I have a question about he temp readout on the mighty? Mine has from time to time started to skip a degree when I'm using it and then go up by two the next time. It's not all the time or on specific temps either more just randomly. Is this problem anyone else gets or is it just a normal thing that can happen as there has been no noticeable change in performance. I have a video of the problem to better show you guys.
Hi has anyone seen this problem? I was going to send my unit back to S&B so they can evaluate the problem, but I don't know if it's that serious, if anyone could lmk if what's happening is normal it would be a huge help

MinnBobber

Hi has anyone seen this problem?
so are you talking about it skipping a degree as it goes up to temp?

Where it reads, for example, 310, 3111, 313??
That's not a problem as it is just moving thru the temps and happens to move up quick enough where it skips a digit.

Or are you talking about something different??? Please clarify the issue

ajvapegod

Y

That's not a problem as it is just moving thru the temps and happens to move up quick enough where it skips a digit.

yes that's what's happening as I move up it skips a digit. So that's ok?

ajvapegod,

MonkeyTime

No, if your Mighty ever gets up to 3111 degrees, it's a problem!

@ajvapegod

Seriously, if you mean you're not adjusting the temp (pushing buttons) and the unit is getting up to your set temp, and it's skipping numbers, that's normal. That is just the unit heating faster than it reads it, that's good, your batteries are fine!

If you mean your pressing the up or down temp button and it's jumping more than one degree at a time, I don't consider that normal. But I only half watch :razz:

ChooChooCharlie

@ajvapegod - My guess is you stumbled on a harmless bug.

I was able to replicate it on mine, appears random, but wondering if you have been switching between C and F.
Once I replicated the odd jumping after switching scales. Once I repaired the skipping after switching scales.

Must be some code burned in that does a handshake with the currently selected temp scale, adjusting the demand of one button press. One press, one degree Celsius versus one press, one degree Fahrenheit.

Here's my best guess: When the bug flaps its wings, the incoming signal from your press is Celsius, but the outgoing display is Fahrenheit, leading to the odd jumps when you press.

WildChild

Seeking My Shangri-La
Finally received my Mighty vaporizer today. Curse Canadian Customs for charging me an extra $14.81 to have it clear. Criminals.

Although it came pretty much fully charged, I'm conditioning the batteries by leaving it on the charger for four or five hours as per @OF's instructions. Just filled a dosing capsule for when it's ready to go.

Again, a thank you to Randy @PuffItUp for giving me a good deal and a couple of nice accessories for free. Nice guy and great service. And the candy was delicious. lol

...only 4 1/2 hours to go before I can try this beauty.

Last edited:

shredder

Finally received my Mighty vaporizer today. Curse Canadian Customs for charging me an extra $14.81 to have it clear. Criminals.

Although it came pretty much fully charged, I'm conditioning the batteries by leaving it on the charger for four or five hours as per @OF's instructions. Just filled a dosing capsule for when it's ready to go.

Again, a thank you to Randy @PuffItUp for giving me a good deal and a couple of nice accessories for free. Nice guy and great service.

...only 4 1/2 hours to go before I can try this beauty.

Your patience is impressive. I believe mine barely got charged and I was toking, lol.

Be sure to do a quick burn off, just in case. And enjoy the best portable they is. I think I did something like six bowls the first day, lol.

WildChild

Seeking My Shangri-La
Your patience is impressive. I believe mine barely got charged and I was toking, lol.

Be sure to do a quick burn off, just in case. And enjoy the best portable they is. I think I did something like six bowls the first day, lol.
Have to admit, I've been eying it on the charger...4 hours to go. *sigh*

Thanks for the good advice. And yes, I've already loaded four capsules in advance. lol

WildChild,

im not a robot

hello everyone
please forgive me for not going through all 430 pages of this.. i realise there must be plenty of postings asking for shopping advice. i am new to all this, and re the abundance of vaporisers, it seems quite hard to distinguish proper reviews from advertisements, so i feel i need all the advice i can get.

i have been a heavy smoker, but now am very eager to change over to vaping. i was able to try out a friends mighty last weekend: & was very very impressed by the taste, the ease of the vapour, the effects.. generally, i guess i am quite ready to buy one of these units — or sth else, and i find myself investing a good portion of my day trying to research where to best spend my money.

my main concern is this: i know i will be using this primarily by myself, and am a bit concerned whether what seems to be called a session-style vaporiser is the way to go. because i know i will not go through a whole chamber of the mighty in one sitting: when i was trying the mighty last weekend with mentioned friend: she used those small pre-packed capsules, and one of those we would share over the course of a couple of hours, in a number of different short *sessions*, and i would most likely not consume more when by myself, quite the opposite. i could tell that the quality of the material was -naturally- degrading over time, but i guess my question is whether using a mighty like this is overly wasteful?
i have of course come across the firefly 2 in my research.. and while i dont mind waiting for a unit to heat up, the on-demand vapour seems by all accounts much more appropriate to my way of consumption: numerous smaller hits throughout a longer time period. again, i find it hard to distinguish reviews from ads, and how big an impact the mixed convection / conduction heating in the mighty might have in terms of degrading the material when not inhaling, or how good / bad the firefly actually is (besides being apparently a bit tricky to handle), b/c it is easy to find both raving reviews and terribly disappointed customer reports. maybe i should repost this in the firefly threat too? not sure how this works here.. anyway, if anyone has advice for me, be it pro firefly or whether using the mighty like i would could be ok, it would be much appreciated. thanks.

im not a robot,
Reactions: shredder

shredder

hello everyone
please forgive me for not going through all 430 pages of this.. i realise there must be plenty of postings asking for shopping advice. i am new to all this, and re the abundance of vaporisers, it seems quite hard to distinguish proper reviews from advertisements, so i feel i need all the advice i can get.

i have been a heavy smoker, but now am very eager to change over to vaping. i was able to try out a friends mighty last weekend: & was very very impressed by the taste, the ease of the vapour, the effects.. generally, i guess i am quite ready to buy one of these units — or sth else, and i find myself investing a good portion of my day trying to research where to best spend my money.

my main concern is this: i know i will be using this primarily by myself, and am a bit concerned whether what seems to be called a session-style vaporiser is the way to go. because i know i will not go through a whole chamber of the mighty in one sitting: when i was trying the mighty last weekend with mentioned friend: she used those small pre-packed capsules, and one of those we would share over the course of a couple of hours, in a number of different short *sessions*, and i would most likely not consume more when by myself, quite the opposite. i could tell that the quality of the material was -naturally- degrading over time, but i guess my question is whether using a mighty like this is overly wasteful?
i have of course come across the firefly 2 in my research.. and while i dont mind waiting for a unit to heat up, the on-demand vapour seems by all accounts much more appropriate to my way of consumption: numerous smaller hits throughout a longer time period. again, i find it hard to distinguish reviews from ads, and how big an impact the mixed convection / conduction heating in the mighty might have in terms of degrading the material when not inhaling, or how good / bad the firefly actually is (besides being apparently a bit tricky to handle), b/c it is easy to find both raving reviews and terribly disappointed customer reports. maybe i should repost this in the firefly threat too? not sure how this works here.. anyway, if anyone has advice for me, be it pro firefly or whether using the mighty like i would could be ok, it would be much appreciated. thanks.

I think I understand what your asking. Restarting a mighty load can be done, but I think I'd prefer to just load less for a session, for both taste and efficiency. You can load less by using a concentrate pad as a spacer or a screen sized to fit over the load to keep the load in place.

The mighty is a great vape. Mine is 34 months old and going strong. We, my wife and I, do about two bowls nightly. But if I was only after a one hitter style of a vape I'd look at dynavap vapes, or underdog type log vapes. IOW vapes that load less than a mighty. And both are pretty much on demand, as in take a hit, put it down and revisit it later.

A lot of us, me included have multiple style vapes to scratch all our itches, but the mighty is like the Cadillac of portables and will do most anything very well. Maybe Swiss army knife of vapes, lol. And a dynavap is like a Toyota that lasts forever and is efficient. Personally I see a need for both, but either will do what you want.

Last edited:

Used2use

Sometimes to stupid to become a fool
@im not a robot
i would say u can't go wrong with a mighty - especially as a beginner it's good to have a machine that just does it job perfect without paying attention to technique, there is no learning curve and combustion is impossible no matter what u do...
As stated the capsules can be adopted for any needs - but most importantly it keeps cleaning to a minimum and convenience at maximum (somehow all my other vapes suck with their loading and unloading procedures in comparison ;)) btw for that style of use it's good to put the capsule out of the chamber and blow a bit on it to cool it down quick. (Advanced tip is to turn mighty upside down before unscrewing the cooling unit, so the hot cap stays on the CU)
The Firefly2 in comparison has a learning curve and u can combust, great vape but won't recommend it for beginners, or ppl that don't wanna concentrate at the vape while vaping - 2 friends of me started switching to vaping with butane vapes (vaponic and dynavap m, both great value for the $) but mostly they cook their material till it's black, well still better than smoking but hard to learn what to aim for without proper experience or comparison...

im not a robot

thanks a lot for your comments guys! & i hadn't really looked at the dynavap style vapes before - interesting, that might be an option too, certainly not as pricy. otherwise the mighty workarounds sound manageable too.. and i do know i like this one. thx again

im not a robot,
Reactions: shredder

MinnBobber

..................................................................................................................
You can use one filled dosing capsule for several sessions. You might want to use first session in AM at lower temp and progress up thru the temps to finish at 410 F for a night-cap.
The Mighty works with any technique/ any grind.

For multiple sessions on one load for all my vapes, I like when finished with a session and bud remains: turn off the vape and take a couple pulls. This will bring the temp way down so bud/goodies are not cooking away into the atmosphere :)

EDIT: RE DynaVap--- it is a great little vape but whereas the Mighty is super easy to use, the VapCaps have a very definite special technique. I need almost perfect conditions to use my VapCaps, no wind/ low level of light to see exactly what flames are doing/ no noise whatsoever/ etc.
You could use the Mighty in any weather/any condition.

Get the Mighty first (big portable) and consider a VapVap M ($50) for your next vape ( a discreet portable) .
Warning---you are going to want multiple vapes, trust me on this ;)

Last edited:

ChooChooCharlie

nXLe0vtl.jpg

This one is $15 (search "countdown timer")

Used2use

Sometimes to stupid to become a fool
hm, a 3$ mechanical timer will do the same ;) - but i trust the S&B/Aqpak battery management to do what it's there for...

Used2use,

WildChild

Seeking My Shangri-La
Well, I used my Mighty for the first time last night and have mixed feelings.

Yes, it's very well made. Yes, I got lots of vapor with a filled dosing capsule. Yes, I was pretty damn medicated. ...but my ABV was a darkish tan color when finished (no more vapor production) and did not seem completely spent. And this was at maximum temperature (410F) for the whole session. Just to make sure, I put the ABV into my Solo 2 and, sure enough, more vapor until the load was dark brown. *sigh* The Solo 2 does have a higher max temperature than the Mighty (and more conduction) but I understood that the design of the Mighty compensated for that fact.

My herbs were secure in the filled capsule with no pieces flying around...I know that makes a difference. Maybe I'm just not used to convection? And I know darker ABV does not necessarily mean more extraction. But I did get more from my Solo 2... What gives?

Now I did put a screen on the bottom of the capsule and one on top of the load. If anything, I figured this would add a bit more conduction and temperature.

Am I doing something wrong here or is the Mighty just better for lower temperature folks? Obviously most love this vape so maybe I'm right out to lunch here...

Last edited:
WildChild,

darbarikanada

Am I doing something wrong here or is the Mighty just better for lower temperature folks?

you're right that mighy's ABV is more of an ocher color than dark brown, and you're probably right that it's due to mighty's lower max temp. other people have done similar experiments to you - vaping mighty ABV in another vape to see if it was fully extracted - but concluded that, despite the color, they didn't get more vapor. of course this would depend on the other vape used... YMMV, as they say.

one thing I've found with the mighty is that getting full extraction requires that you stay at the highest temps for a while. you might try letting the load 'cook' for 30 sec. or so after reaching temp before taking hits. if that doesn't make a difference, and you're still not happy with the extraction, it really just comes down to whether the ABV color issue corresponds in any way with your desired results - i.e. how much do those added vapes you get in your Solo matter, as far as effects.

WildChild

Seeking My Shangri-La
you're right that mighy's ABV is more of an ocher color than dark brown, and you're probably right that it's due to mighty's lower max temp. other people have done similar experiments to you - vaping mighty ABV in another vape to see if it was fully extracted - but concluded that, despite the color, they didn't get more vapor. of course this would depend on the other vape used... YMMV, as they say.

one thing I've found with the mighty is that getting full extraction requires that you stay at the highest temps for a while. you might try letting the load 'cook' for 30 sec. or so after reaching temp before taking hits. if that doesn't make a difference, and you're still not happy with the extraction, it really just comes down to whether the ABV color issue corresponds in any way with your desired results - i.e. how much do those added vapes you get in your Solo matter, as far as effects.
I think your answer is excellent, thank you.

To be fair, I only got two additional hits of extremely light vapor when putting the ABV into my Solo 2 on max. And I have to admit that I really felt the effects...maybe a bit more head than body with the Mighty. The vapor is nice and thick.

Thank you for taking the time to reassure me of my purchase. And I will follow your advice.

Baron23

I think your answer is excellent, thank you.

To be fair, I only got two additional hits of extremely light vapor when putting the ABV into my Solo 2 on max. And I have to admit that I really felt the effects...maybe a bit more head than body with the Mighty. The vapor is nice and thick.

Thank you for taking the time to reassure me of my purchase. And I will follow your advice.
I agree with what you have been told and frankly view it as the S&B AVB color. I have a Volcano also and the two generate the same looking AVB, pretty much.

If you want darker, put a liquid pad on top of your flower load....seems to generate more conduction and AVB comes out a bit darker.

But the color of AVB is really related to chlorophyll oxidation and is not, I think, particularly indicative of cannabinoid extraction.....or at least, I think that getting AVB really dark is a matter of just more oxidation of the plant material.

Love the Mighty.

MileHighHuman

I just lay my Mighty down on the back.

If you buy capsule dosing pads... look at the price diff between the magazine caddy, keychain and pads solo. The mag caddy you get double the pads, caps and a caddy for only 25% more.

Is it bad to leave the Mighty laying while powered on and in use?

MileHighHuman,

shredder

Although it may not be a "risk", I've always been concerned about goo running or sticking where it shouldn't

I've been just using rosin in my mighty and the only part that gets sticky is the cooling unit.

Using the capsules for herb and now lately for concentrates keeps the bowl or heating chamber nice and clean.

And my wife uses our mighty as much as me and she lays it down between hits all the time. Can't ignore Facebook even for a moment, lol.

Top Bottom