The Mighty/Mighty+ by Storz & Bickel

darbarikanada

what temps do you guys use your mighty at?

I suggest you start super-low, like 155ºC - the vapor will be so cool you won't even know anything happened until you exhale; then you can really taste it. after a couple hits @ 155, go to 165 - you might start to see vapor, but it depends...

in general, you get better flavor, cooler vapor @ lower temps, e.g. 160-185ºC; and bigger clouds, but less good flavor @ 185-210º. different batches or strains behave differently; sometimes I get clouds @ 165.

hash/concentrates generally need the highest temps.

there's lots of discussion here about the different psychoactive effects @ different temps - the consensus seems to be that higher temps are more sedating.

I've gotten to be real flavor snob since owning the mighty, usually leave the last couple hits un-vaped - because they don't taste good.

the mighty makes it really easy to experiment with different temps. have fun!

Montell

I am curious why when i tamp the full bowl down a bit i seem to get much better hits, when i leave a full bowl fairly loose i dont get as good of hits as when i tamp it down and a bit tighter.

Montell,

WildChild

Seeking My Shangri-La
I'm still on the fence about getting a Mighty.

I use my Solo 2 at max temp (220C) as I aim for complete extraction. How is it that the Mighty can fully extract at only 210C compared to slightly higher max temps on other vaporizers? It obviously is a great vaporizer that does a great job, but how can it be more efficient than my Solo 2 when it doesn't get quite as hot? What am I missing here?

I'm so confused...but I WANT one of these!!!! ;)

WildChild,

Tranquility

I use my Solo 2 at max temp (220C) as I aim for complete extraction. How is it that the Mighty can fully extract at only 210C compared to slightly higher max temps on other vaporizers? It obviously is a great vaporizer that does a great job, but how can it be more efficient than my Solo 2 when it doesn't get quite as hot? What am I missing here?

What is at slightly higher temps? The heater? The herb? I don't know the answer to your question, but most of the theory of DDaves Mods has to do with changing the temp of the herb by bringing it closer to the heater in certain vapes. At least for the Mod I got (EQ), it works. I had to turn down the vape's temperature setting once I got everything set up properly to get the same results I got from higher temperature settings previous to the mod.

shredder

It's just that it's engineered to work at those temps. If you go back and read posts here, you will see lots of mighty pics showing complete extraction. And you will read that no one has issues with complete extraction of herbs.

Having said that, I'd like a mighty that did get hotter for concentrates, but it's (shredder rating) a 9.5 for herb and a 9 for concentrates.

Yedle

Oh and do you guys do like a "burn in" or whatever it is called when you get a new vape before using it to get rid of that plastic type smell lol

Yedle,

CaptVapor

Had a lower serial Mighty since fall 2015 and had to get a warranty replacement a month ago. We're noticing the newer Mighty doesn't work as well, or rather we're not getting huge clouds at lower temps. Even starting at 210 will take awhile before we're getting the big clouds of vapor that the old Mighty was producing.

I think I read that Storz & Bickel have improved a few things since then, could it be that what we're experiencing is more convection at the beginning of the session?

CaptVapor,

mitchgo61

I go where the thrills are

You won't have any extraction issues. If that's the feature that's holding you back, don't sweat it. I've never been able to get visible vapor from Mighty ABV in a high-temp AC desktop vape. I don't really know how, but the Mighty achieves full extraction pretty much every time.

WildChild

Seeking My Shangri-La
You won't have any extraction issues. If that's the feature that's holding you back, don't sweat it. I've never been able to get visible vapor from Mighty ABV in a high-temp AC desktop vape. I don't really know how, but the Mighty achieves full extraction pretty much every time.
It's just that it's engineered to work at those temps. If you go back and read posts here, you will see lots of mighty pics showing complete extraction. And you will read that no one has issues with complete extraction of herbs.

Having said that, I'd like a mighty that did get hotter for concentrates, but it's (shredder rating) a 9.5 for herb and a 9 for concentrates.
What is at slightly higher temps? The heater? The herb? I don't know the answer to your question, but most of the theory of DDaves Mods has to do with changing the temp of the herb by bringing it closer to the heater in certain vapes. At least for the Mod I got (EQ), it works. I had to turn down the vape's temperature setting once I got everything set up properly to get the same results I got from higher temperature settings previous to the mod.
OK, fair enough. Thank you for your responses. I guess the design/configuration has a lot to do with it.

WildChild,
Reactions: Vapetrees

TboneToker

Well I came here casue I got fed up of people saying that smoking joints is better and I wanted to be around my own kind. It's also pretty pricey but TBH I wouldn't bother with other brands cause S&B engineer their stuff so well, they're the innovators and the market leaders.

I just wish there was a way to try these things out first, it's about the same price as the cano

I'll tell you my experience.

The mighty is like a portable plenty in many ways. It's smaller, a bit less powerful, and portable.

The Vapor Quality is top notch! Just like the volcano, except I would even go as far as saying that the mighty does a better job at keeping the vapor at a cool temperature as I tend to use the Mighty at higher temperatures than the volcano.

I am not saying that the mighty is a better overall experience but on the fly and often, I'll choose it due to convenience.

The mighty has given me outstanding vapor, on the levels of the Cloud Evo and the Volcano, I wouldn't worry about it being sub-par.. but if you didn't like the plenty I don't know if you'll appreciate the mighty... though I have never tried the plenty so I can't say for sure.

Out of the vaporizers I own I like

Evo > Mighty > Volcano and Aromed

All are great though and I am enticed to perhaps buy a plenty one day... I'd have to try one though.

introspector

absolute beginner to weed and vaping
I consider getting me a Mighty - the thing is, though, that I only vape very small amounts per session - no more than about 0.05g (probably a bit less). Is that an issue with the Mighty?

introspector,

ktmstick

Not at all, that is about the perfect amount you can fit in a capsule with a liquid pad. Ill find the post I wrote about it.

I make these to have options on load size.

20170703_190656_zpsmgqea3qr.jpg
20170308_123657_zpsx4uxiikp.jpg

My smallest one takes 0.05, the half size one takes about 0.1-0.12 depending on grind and how packed it is. I save a full capsule for special occasions.

Last edited by a moderator:

introspector

absolute beginner to weed and vaping
Not at all, that is about the perfect amount you can fit in a capsule with a liquid pad. Ill find the post I wrote about it.

Mmmh ... that seems promising!

You list the Grasshopper as a member of your vaping ensemble. I read it is a great choice for small dosages - but being a non-smoker my throat is rather sensitive - is it true that the vapor is harsh?

Would you say that the Crafty is a good choice instead of the Mighty if my sessions are very short - given that I will mostly use it alone?

introspector,

Razshiro

You list the Grasshopper as a member of your vaping ensemble. I read it is a great choice for small dosages - but being a non-smoker my throat is rather sensitive - is it true that the vapor is harsh?

Would you say that the Crafty is a good choice instead of the Mighty if my sessions are very short - given that I will mostly use it alone?

The grasshopper vapor is more harsh than the Mighty/Crafty vapor for sure, i use my GH only with water piece/J-hook .

If you do not need the portability and stealth of Crafty, basically if you vaporize mainly at home, go for the Mighty

Baron23

I also have both and if I had to pick only one to keep it would be the Mighty. Love my GH, but the Mighty is a true timex watch....just very workman like with great extraction, no complications, pretty cool vapor, and it shows up for work everyday.

I often put my GH through water, but an alternative is GH through a J-hook (Sherlock?)

pqvFsnU.jpg

Dramma Lamma

Looks like a job for!
Now I'm a few years into owning what is probably a very early mighty (serial #000295)

Pass-through use and charging has never worked on this unit.

It still works perfectly, and I have to say no other vape I have tried can actually perfectly vape different grinds/dryness's of herbs in the same bowl correctly.
Old/new dry/moist fine/coarse It just doesn't care and manages to vape it all evenly when you pack mix bowls which is nothing short of amazing IMO. I can't do that in any other vape.

My battery has been abused and I have never really spent any time working on keeping the battery healthy, not that you really can in a device which cannot remove the battery. If its bad for battery's you name it I've done it to this thing. I currently get 5-6 bowls off a charge instead of the 7-8ish when it was new, so it is beginning to show its age but 2+ years is good enough to purchase the battery replacement from S&B.

I run @ 401 deg Fahrenheit, in the last 2 months the bowl has started to tarnish from silver to brownish. I'll try an ISO wipe to fix that.

The cooling unit is ok, but it is a pain to maintain to me. I simply do not want to do it often and if you let if go to far it becomes a massive task to clean it all. I also made the mistake of topping bowls with hash and the CU became hash filled (pack hash in the center of the bowl now.) During cleaning on the CU I accidentally broke a piece of fin off the base part near the fatter thicker cu end, this resulted in a bit more direct draw and hotter vape which I happen to like more actually.

The mighty does not preform that well through water IMO, even with muz-mod.

All in all It is defiantly a killer piece of equipment, but what really makes it shine is how consistent and simple it is while being durable and stable. Throw any herb in it and puff away, no technique it's the perfect simplicity vape suited for vaping while working on other tasks.

Last edited:

Vapetrees

Vaped Out
I am curious why when i tamp the full bowl down a bit i seem to get much better hits, when i leave a full bowl fairly loose i dont get as good of hits as when i tamp it down and a bit tighter.
It's due to the Mighty being a Hybrid vaporizer, which in a sense means it uses convection and conduction. For big clouds packing it down allows for more conduction thus, it creates bigger clouds :sherlock:.

MonkeyTime

I also have both and if I had to pick only one to keep it would be the Mighty. Love my GH, but the Mighty is a true timex watch....just very workman like with great extraction, no complications, pretty cool vapor, and it shows up for work everyday.

I often put my GH through water, but an alternative is GH through a J-hook (Sherlock?)

pqvFsnU.jpg

This ^^ given the choice of only one, no chance I trust the GH.

As for the Mighty thru water, all the time and I think it does great! Niw keep in mind I pack my capsules full, but I look like a furnace blowing smoke!

Jimmer144

Sargeant REG
I am pretty close to buying the mighty wpa V3, i have an older version, and it works pretty good cuz i stuck it into my lil black plastic pinnacle wpa that came with my hydrotube (i have never even owned a Pinnacle pro) anyways that has worked pretty good cuz it makes a nicer seal on my glass than the silicone mighty adapter. But i am excited about this V3 cuz you can remove the CU altogether which should create larger hits i would think.

Jimmer144,

Vapetrees

Vaped Out
I am pretty close to buying the mighty wpa V3, i have an older version, and it works pretty good cuz i stuck it into my lil black plastic pinnacle wpa that came with my hydrotube (i have never even owned a Pinnacle pro) anyways that has worked pretty good cuz it makes a nicer seal on my glass than the silicone mighty adapter. But i am excited about this V3 cuz you can remove the CU altogether which should create larger hits i would think.
Yeah less surface area for the oil/vapor to stick to.

Vapetrees,

shredder

Now I'm a few years into owning what is probably a very early mighty (serial #000295)

Pass-through use and charging has never worked on this unit.

It still works perfectly, and I have to say no other vape I have tried can actually perfectly vape different grinds/dryness's of herbs in the same bowl correctly.
Old/new dry/moist fine/coarse It just doesn't care and manages to vape it all evenly when you pack mix bowls which is nothing short of amazing IMO. I can't do that in any other vape.

My battery has been abused and I have never really spent any time working on keeping the battery healthy, not that you really can in a device which cannot remove the battery. If its bad for battery's you name it I've done it to this thing. I currently get 5-6 bowls off a charge instead of the 7-8ish when it was new, so it is beginning to show its age but 2+ years is good enough to purchase the battery replacement from S&B.

I run @ 401 deg Fahrenheit, in the last 2 months the bowl has started to tarnish from silver to brownish. I'll try an ISO wipe to fix that.

The cooling unit is ok, but it is a pain to maintain to me. I simply do not want to do it often and if you let if go to far it becomes a massive task to clean it all. I also made the mistake of topping bowls with hash and the CU became hash filled (pack hash in the center of the bowl now.) During cleaning on the CU I accidentally broke a piece of fin off the base part near the fatter thicker cu end, this resulted in a bit more direct draw and hotter vape which I happen to like more actually.

The mighty does not preform that well through water IMO, even with muz-mod.

All in all It is defiantly a killer piece of equipment, but what really makes it shine is how consistent and simple it is while being durable and stable. Throw any herb in it and puff away, no technique it's the perfect simplicity vape suited for vaping while working on other tasks.

My mighty will be 3 in November. Same batteries but they're getting worn. Only 4-5 concentrate session per charge now.

I found since vaping concentrates our cooling unit was getting resined up fast and was hard to clean.

After scraping some the resin out, I rinsed it with ISO then water, let it dry and it was still sticky.

Then I put the cooling unit in a cup of simple green. Next day after rinsing in water and drying it, the cooling unit was like new. Simple green worked very well, and it's fairly safe.

Amaj1

Hey guys,

I got my first, the Mighty yesterday. I got a 14mm grizzly glass tool and a weird adapter from namaste vape. I also bought the easy flow adapter. I used the namaste adapter with the tool but I pushed it in too deep and suddenly water was going through the cooling unit and into the chamber. Then I noticed water coming out of the mighty unit. It was coming from the hole at the bottom of the unit (where the orange stick is in).

This got me scared so I sat it aside to dry. I turned it back on and it looks like its working but I got water in it after 30 mins of use so I can't compare. The haptic feedback, the heat control all works fine. I am unsure about the vapor quality. Its still getting me high.

Does anyone know where the moisture sensor strip is within the mighty. I think the water missed the circuit board but I am afraid of the unit packing up in a week or two and I am afraid I can't get a replacement if I voided the warranty.

What do I do?

Amaj1,
Reactions: shredder

Used2use

Sometimes to stupid to become a fool
are u shure the water came out of the bottom? - the water should have come out first at the air intake which is on the upper side of the gap above the display...
after that it could have gone through the overlapping housing, but i would guess most flew on the outside down...
Don't know how u dried it out, but guess if it still works u have been lucky - my recommondation for wet electronics is to put it in a sealed bag with some silica gel for a day, after the initial dry out

Used2use,

Amaj1

Now you mention it, it may have come out of the air intake. I was pretty baked and couldn't tell really. I didnt dry it out and works fine. Used it straight away. Tried it this morning still works. Do you think i should let storz and bickel know this

Amaj1,
Top Bottom