The Mighty/Mighty+ by Storz & Bickel

MileHighHuman

The Mighty 2 will be released right after the Volcano Classic 2 :lol:

Lol.

While some may think thats its smart for S&B to keep information about upcoming products disclosed.

It can also be looked at as, S&B should announce if NO new vaporizers are being worked on. It would most likely generate more sales for the current Mighty's because of all the folks holding off due to the rumors and speculation of new devices.

shredder

Lol.

While some may think thats its smart for S&B to keep information about upcoming products disclosed.

It can also be looked at as, S&B should announce if NO new vaporizers are being worked on. It would most likely generate more sales for the current Mighty's because of all the folks holding off due to the rumors and speculation of new devices.

As always the market will decide. If s&b never changes someone will surpass them. Innovate or die. You can only rest so long. I'm sure s&b is right now working on new stuff, cause everyone else is too.

My (selfish) hope is that's its the world's best concentrate portable.

shredder,

darbarikanada

Hey guys i am new to vaporizing and this forum but have read elsewhere this is a good place for help and questions, Im wondering if it is worth it to purchase the mighty as my first vaporizer because i have seen everywhere that it is king of portables and i dont want to be disappointed with a different vape and regret my purchase since i am new to it.
So that being said is it worth it to purchase the mighty for 296$ with a 15% discount code on the puffitup website?
Also comes with a free extra grinder and a free glass mouthpiece as well.

there are a few things you hear from people who have issues with the mighty: it's a 'session vape' (plan on finishing whatever you've put in the bowl instead of taking hits and turning it off between hits); it doesn't get hot enough to vape hard hash easily (you can do it, but you have to cut the hash into super-thin slices, melt/crumble it, or do something else that increases the surface area); some people don't like how big it is (about the size of a flask) too.

if you're ok with that, it's phenomenal. zero learning curve, efficient, easy to use, makes tasty vapor. not only would this be a great first vape; it'll probably be years before someone comes up with a better portable. if you're not subject to VAS (likely to buy numerous vaporizers), this would be the one to own - you'll never look back!

anyone thinking on getting the Ghost MV-1 anybody tried it ?

it looks promising: all-convection, rechargeable battery, no-stir. 'the vape critic' consulted with the company (he'll get a % from sales via his link). downsides (to me): heavy, looks like darth vader's helmet.

I'm sure there'll be a thread here soon.

Last edited by a moderator:

Whissmu

if you're ok with that, it's phenomenal. zero learning curve, efficient, easy to use, makes tasty vapor. not only would this be a great first vape; it'll probably be years before someone comes up with a better portable. if you're not subject to VAS (likely to buy numerous vaporizers), this would be the one to own - you'll never look back!

I could not agree more!! :clap::clap::clap:

I started in the vape world two years ago with the mighty and it was win move! I still keep it, I still love it and I still use it :science:...I obtained VAS and my collection of vapes increased, but the mighty as a portable will always have a place in me :rockon: and now maintains the VAS out my (as novelty in my vape -> the capsules:sherlock:)

On paper it seems an improvement respect to the Mighty.
It has a removable battery pack where the Mighty has not, it's on demand while Mighty is a session vaporizer.
But it looks ugly to me, seems pretty heavy, and the capsule system is worse than S&B's one. Probably not to infringe any S&B copyright they designed those capsules made of a ceramic body and a metal cap which doesn't screw on the lower part: to me it means the risk of loosing the capsule content is around the corner. This means issues especially when hot or for people with impaired movements and difficult storage for "on the go" use. And the glass parts on a (heavy) portable are a disaster waiting to happen imho.

It seems quite big because its oval and not flat in my opinion, I dont know about the weight tho.
The glass stem would be great If that holds firmly on the unit, I had problems with always loosing my mighty glass mouthpiece because it slides out easily.
I did the enlargement tek with the back of the brush for the capsules sometimes were overdone so the lid now does not hold onto the capsule. Its pain in the ass when you found your pocket full of abv :D :D

The Vape Critic hints the MV1 it's quite heavy into his video review. Also looking at it doesn't help me to think otherwise. :D

Lol Vapecritics face when he hit that MV-1 right way :D destroyed :D ! Thats exactly what I expect from vape ! That feeling is a indicator that I did things right lol . :D:razz:

Hey guys, please dont mind the uncleaned mighty, I noticed the plastic right under the CU started to cracking. It fallen couple times but just like 2 nothing else happened to it, can it somehow fuck up the function or the mounting of CU or airflow or whatever. I got mine for couple of months kind of feels bad man, this happened. I think silicone sleeves both for main housing and maybe for CU would be amazing + when it comes to various colors. it can make your mighty shine ! :D

P.S :cry: I save that little chip from it, it fallen of by its own :disgust::suspicious:

btw how to attach pic that it will show the picture here, I tried the img option with imggur link and it seems not working

http://imgur.com/a/upAup
upAup

mitchgo61

I go where the thrills are
Hey guys i am new to vaporizing and this forum but have read elsewhere this is a good place for help and questions, Im wondering if it is worth it to purchase the mighty as my first vaporizer because i have seen everywhere that it is king of portables and i dont want to be disappointed with a different vape and regret my purchase since i am new to it.
So that being said is it worth it to purchase the mighty for 296$ with a 15% discount code on the puffitup website?
Also comes with a free extra grinder and a free glass mouthpiece as well.
A. This is an outstanding deal.
B. PuffItUp is a great retailer with great service.
C. You will not be disappointed. The Mighty kicks ass. Great first, and last, portable vape, for anyone.
D. Shit, I might buy myself a THIRD Mighty at that price. :p

Good luck, let us know how you like it.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Hey guys, please dont mind the uncleaned mighty, I noticed the plastic right under the CU started to cracking. It fallen couple times but just like 2 nothing else happened to it, can it somehow fuck up the function or the mounting of CU or airflow or whatever. I got mine for couple of months kind of feels bad man, this happened. I think silicone sleeves both for main housing and maybe for CU would be amazing + when it comes to various colors. it can make your mighty shine ! :D

P.S :cry: I save that little chip from it, it fallen of by its own :disgust::suspicious:

btw how to attach pic that it will show the picture here, I tried the img option with imggur link and it seems not working

http://imgur.com/a/upAup
upAup
It doesn't take much for that damage to occur. The area was actually reinforced soon after Mighty was launched.
My Mighty broke in that spot with a simple face-plant on a table top. No 'drop' at all! This doesn't affect performance at all. Mine has gotten worse over time and bumping around. I've actually trimmed it back farther so it's not a sharp spot. When a lot of the rib is missing you do have to watch fingers to not get burned by touching a hot oven exterior!
Silicone sleeves as buffers would be nice, but be careful and don't add much of that or the cooling function of all Mighty's fins will be reduced.
The area(s) around bowl to also be careful with are the raised portions on top of Mighty, right where cooling unit locks in. Keep it all clean in the track where c/u mounts (and underside of c/u that contacts the o-ring) so there's no added pressure when installing or removing c/u. And as @ChooChooCharlie has wisely suggested, slight (direct downward) pressure on c/u while mounting it on or off of Mighty. This pressure will be absorbed by the o-ring and cause less pressure to be exerted on the Mighty's housing.

The raised areas on top of Mighty were not raised areas in the original Mighty design; they were added as reinforcements to the housing thickness.

Great to hear that it does not affect the performance, so it means since those reinforcement ribs are there that we probably both have newer model ? Good tip with the closing the CU, Do you also cover the rubber ring on the CU with some kind of oil or something like that to preserve/promot
It doesn't take much for that damage to occur. The area was actually reinforced soon after Mighty was launched.
My Mighty broke in that spot with a simple face-plant on a table top. No 'drop' at all! This doesn't affect performance at all. Mine has gotten worse over time and bumping around. I've actually trimmed it back farther so it's not a sharp spot. When a lot of the rib is missing you do have to watch fingers to not get burned by touching a hot oven exterior!
Silicone sleeves as buffers would be nice, but be careful and don't add much of that or the cooling function of all Mighty's fins will be reduced.
The area(s) around bowl to also be careful with are the raised portions on top of Mighty, right where cooling unit locks in. Keep it all clean in the track where c/u mounts (and underside of c/u that contacts the o-ring) so there's no added pressure when installing or removing c/u. And as @ChooChooCharlie has wisely suggested, slight (direct downward) pressure on c/u while mounting it on or off of Mighty. This pressure will be absorbed by the o-ring and cause less pressure to be exerted on the Mighty's housing.

The raised areas on top of Mighty were not raised areas in the original Mighty design; they were added as reinforcements to the housing thickness.
Great to hear that it does not affect the performance, so it means since those reinforcement ribs are there that we probably both have newer model ? Good tip with the closing the CU, Do you also cover the rubber ring on the CU with some kind of oil or something like that to preserve/promote longetivity of that sealing rubber ring? Thank you :D

blablablabla,

Yedle

A. This is an outstanding deal.
B. PuffItUp is a great retailer with great service.
C. You will not be disappointed. The Mighty kicks ass. Great first, and last, portable vape, for anyone.
D. Shit, I might buy myself a THIRD Mighty at that price. :p

Good luck, let us know how you like it.
Definitely will let you guys know haha i pulled the trigger and quite excited to get it in and give it a go! :rockon:

there are a few things you hear from people who have issues with the mighty: it's a 'session vape' (plan on finishing whatever you've put in the bowl instead of taking hits and turning it off between hits); it doesn't get hot enough to vape hard hash easily (you can do it, but you have to cut the hash into super-thin slices, melt/crumble it, or do something else that increases the surface area); some people don't like how big it is (about the size of a flask) too.

it looks promising: all-convection, rechargeable battery, no-stir. 'the vape critic' consulted with the company (he'll get a % from sales via his link). downsides (to me): heavy, looks like darth vader's helmet.

I'm sure there'll be a thread here soon.
I'm okay with all of those things so hopefully i will love it haha i figure i might as well go big and get whats better instead of skimping and having to change later on lol

Smart man....most of us went cheaper, learned our lesson (which is there ain't nothin' for nothin' LOL), and upgraded later for yet mo' money.

I don't know if you will like a Mighty only because you are new to vaping and I don't know if you will like vaping at all. But as far as vaping goes, the Mighty is a first class performer.

Indeed but the Mighty has years of field experience behind its reputation.
Well i got my fingers crossed so hopefully i do like it :lol:

I would def recommend buying the Mighty, i too was on the fence for awhile because of the pricetag, however, i can honestly say this thing has been my daily driver since i got it in March, and i have yet to get sick of it, its so efficient its crazy. I just did my first real thorough clean with iso on the CU and man did that make a difference i am back to blowing huge clouds with little to no draw resistance. The Mighty is a tank my friend, and i would rather own just a Mighty than own a lesser portable with a real nice desktop vaporizer.
Heck yeah man that gives me even more confidence in my decision haha im super excited to get this thing in!

Modnote: 4 back-to-back posts merged

shredder

Heck yeah man that gives me even more confidence in my decision haha im super excited to get this thing in!

I guess I can tell your exited, and with good reason. But there are rules about double posting. Remember you can quote multiple posts, in one response but not make two or more posts in a row. And congrats, money well spent.....

shredder,
Reactions: Yedle

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Great to hear that it does not affect the performance, so it means since those reinforcement ribs are there that we probably both have newer model ? Good tip with the closing the CU, Do you also cover the rubber ring on the CU with some kind of oil or something like that to preserve/promote longetivity of that sealing rubber ring? Thank you :D
The two areas of reinforcement on Mighty housing were both implemented quite a long time ago, and so they no longer indicate with any degree of accuracy the age of a particular Mighty - except if they are not there you know it's a pretty early one!
The o-rings are, I believe, all silicone and don't need any lube to preserve them. With my early Crafty I did sometimes use a lubricant (the one that Pax used to sell for use in their device- a 'food safe' material) but only on the large o-ring that seals the two halves of the cooling unit. The halves can be difficult to separate for cleaning. I don't use that anymore, just some warmth - a brief preheat - works well.

The two areas of reinforcement on Mighty housing were both implemented quite a long time ago, and so they no longer indicate with any degree of accuracy the age of a particular Mighty - except if they are not there you know it's a pretty early one!
The o-rings are, I believe, all silicone and don't need any lube to preserve them. With my early Crafty I did sometimes use a lubricant (the one that Pax used to sell for use in their device- a 'food safe' material) but only on the large o-ring that seals the two halves of the cooling unit. The halves can be difficult to separate for cleaning. I don't use that anymore, just some warmth - a brief preheat - works well.

hopefully the replacament of housing would not be needed anytime soon
Its great that they are silicone, I used little bit of food safe lube too. The largest ring on the CU is sometimes pain in the ass but when you preheat as you said it runs smoothly. I like to clean the CU with iso in a jar and run it under hot water for a minute so the iso get pretty warm and it does clean it very well and quickly.

One thing I would recommend to anyone is to buy a cheapo screenprotector and put it on the display and most importanly on the back where the s/n is because in hot summery days, It started to peel of, the layers of sticker? kind of like melting a little bit and slightly push of the hand can destroy or damage it at those circumstances , so I put tbe foil on, worth it for me, Also there is pretty dope tactical belt case for it that holds lot of tools and can be costumized with a velcrow patch etc.

blablablabla,
Reactions: stark1
I like to use the screen as flashlight sometime :D but very good tip If Im assuming that it is for stealthiness.

Does somebody got the backsticker melted from just touching it and carring it in hot day?
It was around 105F outside back then when it happened

blablablabla,

Yedle

Sorry about the multipost up there, but what temps do you guys use your mighty at? just curious as too what would maybe be a good starting point haha

Yedle,
Reactions: shredder

shredder

Sorry about the multipost up there, but what temps do you guys use your mighty at? just curious as too what would maybe be a good starting point haha

With herb we start at 340F and go up from there, ussualy to
around 380F. With concentrates I start at 390F and end at 410F.

But really the temperature is a personal preference, and your preference could be completely different. And could be affected by the dryness of the herb, and so on. So use others preferences as only a guide.

mitchgo61

I go where the thrills are
I like to temp step....I start at 185C and just keep cranking to 210, stepping up a few degrees as vapor density starts to drop off.

Once you find your groove with the Mighty you won't even think about your temp settings. I think I can operate it in my sleep....in fact I'm pretty sure I've done just that. :p

mitchgo61,

subway13029

I've pretty much started at every temp over the last few years with my mighty and now I start right at top and white the cu and good cannabis it's so damn smooth...and @Stevies it will definitely untether you from the nano...

subway13029,
Top Bottom