The Mighty/Mighty+ by Storz & Bickel

vapviking

Old & In the Way
hey dudes, 2 questions. don't have the time to read thru 500 pages..lol ready to pull the trigger on this baby, where should I purchase it, S&S or PIU? also which is the best water adapter?
I believe PIU will give you a better price, might be worth a couple of days' wait for mailing (S&B is very quick, I think overnight on the vapes). You will be able to get warranty service from S&B directly regardless of which place you buy it. I did like buying direct from S&B...but I could see it really annoying their retailers if S&B offered discounts.
I do agree, even though I've not tried it, that the delta3d studios V3 is probably the best commercially available adapter.
Hey,
HAPPY PAGE 420 TO EVERYONE!

Fogoff

Hi, recently received a warranty replacement mighty. And it seems like its an updated version. With a boost as the crafty, faster heating and maybe something else that i cant remember right now..
Its pretty neat, and gives some fresh to the device.
I'm bored of keeping the topcap cleans, its a pain :)

Fogoff,
Hi, recently received a warranty replacement mighty. And it seems like its an updated version. With a boost as the crafty, faster heating and maybe something else that i cant remember right now..
Its pretty neat, and gives some fresh to the device.
I'm bored of keeping the topcap cleans, its a pain :)
What do you mean by a boost like the Crafty?

Cannabis Connoisseur,
Reactions: Fogoff

Fogoff

On the mighty u set it by clicking two times on the on/off button. Then once done double click put the boost mode on

Fogoff,
Reactions: kushkush

Used2use

Sometimes to stupid to become a fool
The boost temp is basically a secont temp value storage (it has been added over a year ago afaik) - to clarify a bit:
after power button double click the set temp digits start blinking and jump to the boost temp which can be changed with +/- buttons - just as the normal temp setting the last set temp value will be stored. So a session could be without pressing +/- buttons, eg: turn on 170C, vape - double tap power - 195C, finish

Used2use,

Parentalcontrol2

hey guys im looking to purchase a mighty and i just have a few quick questions..

my first question is are there still many problems with the mighty? i live in Canada and shipping is somewhat expensive so I kind of want to calculate how much shipping I would expect. Also, how great is the warranty nowadays? How much would I need to shell out for repairs usually?

My second question is should I hold off or wait for the need S&B vapes to be released?

Parentalcontrol2,

Teedub

Had mine since November last year hasn't missed a beat. No fins have broken yet. The only thing I noticed is every now and then it wont vibrate when I bump up the temp whilst already in use, very occasionally. Most of the initial problems have been sorted out by s&b.

I hear great and bad warranty experiences, about usual imo. It is made in gemany which is rare these days not that really means much, just makes me feel good. I always show of the made in germany label haha

edit: omg just realised i said ya mon to @YaMon didnt even notice haha!

darbarikanada

my first question is are there still many problems with the mighty?

the mighty never really had quality control issues; that was (is?) more with the crafty, probably due to the crafty having one battery to mighty's two - and doing the same amount of work. if you went back and read this entire thread, I think you'd find very few instances of failure that weren't due to dropping or extremely heavy use (10X/day or more). when this subject has come up before, some people have said that there are reports of mighty failure on other sites, but I haven't researched it.

the warranty is 2 years. for the most part, people haven't had any problems with repairs or replacements, even when the problem was their own fault. it's no fly-by-night company.

I've 'only' owned 4 vapes (MFLB, vapor genie, vapcap, mighty), but the mighty is easily the best, with the only minor complaint being that it doesn't really get hot enough to vape hard hash easily. it has zero learning curve, works beautifully, and is reliable. my favorite thing about it: you don't have to stir, unlike so many vapes. the ABV is always a uniform ocher color, no dark or green material. if you can afford it, you won't be sorry.

there's speculation that S&B will come out with new models soon. in the few years mighty's been out, they've tweaked it a bit: up the auto-shut-off from 1 to 2 min. (I think), added a 'boost' function. this makes sense to me: why replace it with a new model if it works well. maybe they're working on an all convection vape like the FF2, but from what I read on the FF2 thread, coming up with one that isn't fussy (e.g. load density, need to stir/shake) might be a serious engineering challenge.

in the meantime, the hybrid convection-combustion of the mighty is pretty perfect - as long as you're okay with finishing a load once you start it.

BudCrow

First post! So I'm a two year strong volcano owner which satisfies all my vaping requirements and I would see not point in another desktop. I don't want to go back to smoking joints when I'm away from home. All roads seem to lead to the Mighty. I must admit I've tried the Plenty and it's ok, but it's not really what I'm looking for. Does anyone own a 'cano and a mighty to compare?

bobo305

First post! So I'm a two year strong volcano owner which satisfies all my vaping requirements and I would see not point in another desktop. I don't want to go back to smoking joints when I'm away from home. All roads seem to lead to the Mighty. I must admit I've tried the Plenty and it's ok, but it's not really what I'm looking for. Does anyone own a 'cano and a mighty to compare?
the plenty's vapor is stronger than the mighty. mighty is the best portable in my opinion but it can't compete with the plenty. on s&b website it says plenty had 3 times the volume of vapor than the mighty.

bobo305,

BudCrow

Hmmm - I might have to leave it in that case. The cano is good enough that I don't mind about not smoking, I felt that the Plenty didn't deliver the quality of vape that the cano does.

BudCrow,
Reactions: muunch

darbarikanada

I don't want to go back to smoking joints when I'm away from home.

my experience with the mighty is that the vapor production varies quite a bit, depending on what you put in. I've had my (parked) car literally dense with clouds, to where I had to open the windows; other times I only got wispy vapor. the 'cloud chasers' seem to end up going straight to the higher temperatures. the mighty is great - if it's a choice between it and smoking joints, I'd call that a no-brainer.

darbarikanada,

BudCrow

Well I came here casue I got fed up of people saying that smoking joints is better and I wanted to be around my own kind. It's also pretty pricey but TBH I wouldn't bother with other brands cause S&B engineer their stuff so well, they're the innovators and the market leaders.

I just wish there was a way to try these things out first, it's about the same price as the cano

BudCrow,
Reactions: muunch

Used2use

Sometimes to stupid to become a fool
If you have already the cano, there is no way around getting a mighty - alone the compabillity of the dosing caps with every S&B vape is a great thing... So get over it, you are already trapped by perfect engineering :D

Last edited:

shredder

I have a volcano that I bought in 2009, that's still going strong and mighty I bought in November of 14.

Both have been trouble free and have been since day one.

How to compare? Really you can't other than they're each well built vapes.

If I could only pick one I'd go with the mighty. If I just vaped with multiple people I'd go with the volcano.

And so like you say, you have a volcano so all roads lead to the mighty.

I've used my mighty daily for years now. And in a lot of different situations inside, outside and it's always delivered.

shredder,

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Well I came here casue I got fed up of people saying that smoking joints is better and I wanted to be around my own kind. It's also pretty pricey but TBH I wouldn't bother with other brands cause S&B engineer their stuff so well, they're the innovators and the market leaders.

I just wish there was a way to try these things out first, it's about the same price as the cano
Welcome.
I converted totally to vaping on day one after about 40 years of combusting. And that was with a Pax1! several years ago
Smoking is not 'better' than vaping by any means, especially if you consider your health.
The effects of vaping can be more subtle, less noticeable at first, but by no means less effective. Some of the effects of combusting are not 'effect' at all, unless you happen to enjoy, say, oxygen deprivation.
I understand you are not new to vapes, the 'cano is a beast for sure. But try not to get distracted back to combusting. Instead, look for the many pl
easures to be had from vaporizing.
And take a look at this
resources/smoking-vs-vaporizing

vapviking

Old & In the Way
hey! @BudCrow ,
It's too late to edit my post (above) and I see I didn't get the link right (it's not complete) so here it is again, with another one to an essay in similar vein.

btw, it is extremely rare to hear anyone say they don't like the Mighty's ability to satisfy...

http://fuckcombustion.com/resources/smoking-vs-vaporizing.4/

http://fuckcombustion.com/resources/switching-from-smoking-to-vaporizing.5/

My first combustion fucking actually happened with tobacco. After 4-1/2 decades I had a bad case of pneumonia (2010) and that rattled me into a different mindset. I tapered down my use and stopped -being so ill actually helped with that. But my joint use went waaay up until I stumbled on to some stuff about Pax and ordered one (2013). Other vapes followed (VAS is real). As I said above, from first try I've never looked back. Joints taste like fucking fireplace ash now.

BudCrow

Over here in the UK, we tend to mix allot of tobacco and I can't really say no to a spliff going round, but it did set the craving again...

I'm total pro vape, but at my friends he has a Plenty and I just find it doesn't match up to the volcano vapour quality and we normally end up smoking. I never ever smoke when the cano is in sesh. I do think most people associate the lack of oxygen to be getting high as do they with intense nicotine rush that one gets from a joint. It's also the stuff that causes health issues and paranoia... I'm on board.

I just wonder if I would be better off going down the enail path, although I thought it was combustion. I clearly have a lot to learn, which is why I'm here.

As for VAS being real, I don't have the money to spend on hardware and I really can't understand why people with the 'cano would get another desktop. I'd much rather spend the money on the plant product that goes inside. It will be a massive expenditure again to get the Mighty. I am considering a butane powered vape...

bellas

I have owned two Mighty's going on 2 years. One of my Mighty's I bought used still under warranty from a forum member. I just sent one of the two vapes back in on warranty for cracked ribs. They didn't have my Mighty for a day before getting back to me and letting me know they replaced or fixed it. I'm cool either way, I love the Mighty. Took a whole darn week in total. Really can't complain seeing the warranty was due up in November.
I also own the Volcano. I like having multiple ways to vape. One way is not always the right way for the current medical need.

Top Bottom