The Mighty/Mighty+ by Storz & Bickel

Jimmer144

Sargeant REG
I love my Mighty, ive only had it a few weeks but this thing pumps out serious vapor and it has a really smooth and cool feel to the vapor, allows you to take bigger draws without coughing up a lung and losing precious meds. I decided to get mine after watching ohmygodimsohigh's 420vapezone videos. He was def right about the Mighty being a real pleasure to use especially as it is without a waterpipe. If you hold your draws in long enough this vape is actually quite efficient despite the large sized bowl.

ambertrichome

99% isopropyl alcohol. you can put the parts in a ziploc with the alcohol, then immerse it in hot water (no flames!) to speed it up, but that's not necessary. the manual's really clear about cleaning.

it's really the wrong tool for the job. FF2 or vapcap are probably better choices if you're talking about taking 1-3 hits.

I personally really appreciate the vibrate function. for some reason I (or my friends) often space out while vaping.
Totally agree on all points, sound advice:clap:

CanadianFlowers

Vapor Enthusiast
@Mr.Sifter

For me it's only vapor condensate. Since i used the dosing capsule there are not much plant material inside.

Solventless Mighty reclaim =

iptbBKD.jpg

taste is not so bad ( depend what you vape with ) and it's very potent :nod:

I use @Joaon 's herborizer Ti to sublime this goo. Thanks again dude !
ExDD238.jpg

BbmEbuw.jpg

I second that!!! Creating solventless dabs while you get baked :sherlock:Ive used an old solid valve fine mesh screen cut to size to fit the mighty CU, very clean oil c: truly an amazing device that basically does everything :) the ak47 of vapes ive read somewhere lol:rofl:

Vapor4me

what do you use for cleaning your CU ?
What is "live resin" ?
fresh trichomes from a blooming plant ?
Never have I seen such a rosin or BHO. Interesting.
This is the stuff that get "dabbed" with a nail, right ?
mmm, looks crazy strong but on the other side it is something betwenn condensated vapor and oily "already been vaped" mixed with more or less visable plant material.

I've been cleaning my CU with high proof drinking alcohol

Live resin is resin that has been kept frozen from harvest to extraction. Some terps and oils that are otherwise lost are maintained. In my experience, more tasty that BHO, but only slightly. Maybe coz I prefered the BHO strain (orangy) to the strain used in the live resin (Kush).

Yes, this stuff normally gets dabbed... Can it be used in the Mighty? at what temps?

Hey guys, got a few questions, what kind of screen (I will be using dosing caps) do u use for reclaiming and catching that resin? is that resin collected from flower only or did you used concentrates with it ?
I know this is kind of stupid but are those concentrate pads just same thing as these ? and if yes which one? what size, are those genuine mighty made from aluminum and also are those genuine sb dosing caps made from aluminum or steel? ?
https://ae01.alicdn.com/img/pb/626/326/553/553326626_063.jpg
https://ae01.alicdn.com/img/pb/628/326/553/553326628_050.jpg
https://ae01.alicdn.com/img/pb/632/326/553/553326632_342.jpg

is there a difference between mighty and mighty medicinal by vapormed? I mean did they used some special kind of plastic or some kind of other materials ? https://www.vapormed.com/shop_eu/en/mighty-medic.html
It seems like a different product, mighty have this sku number ending with MY with comparison to mighty medical it have MM on the end. Im wondering about this
Is this worth buying 15bucks?
https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0...ty_Glass_Mouthpiece_3_grande.jpg?v=1483954474
got flowermate v.50s mini mouthpiece do anybody think that it would fit?

Last edited:
blablablabla,

ktmstick

I would not use those bowl screens. I used them for a while and found they gave me a sore throat. I had given some to a friend who also was complaining of a sore throat. This went on for over a month until I worked out when it had started. Stopped using them and problem went away in a couple of days.

Standard dosing caps are aluminum I think. They are non ferrous (not magnetic) so must be.

Mighty medic I don't think is any different other than maybe software, packaging and serial number. Please anyone state any different if I am wrong.

I use the coarse screen in cooling unit (and change out ofter) as when using the fine screen I find increased draw resistance and efficiency dropping off after only a few bowls.

Imo, Yes it's nice to reclaim as you go but not to the extent of detracting from the original aim of medicating.

I reclaim everything. I have had my mighty nearly a year and clean the 3 cooling units I have on rotation about every month. They get 10ish days each and get a fresh screen every few days. I then dump everything in a jar of 99 iso and sit the jar in a pan of hot water. After 6 months of this the (nearly black) liquid goes through a cheese cloth and onto a Pyrex dish on a radiator in one of my out buildings. To consume I take a bit of stalk and scoop up some goo, roll it in herb and sandwich in more herb in a capsule = TURBO-CAP!

20170425_100123_zpsdxubgurv.jpg

Hey guys, got a few questions, what kind of screen (I will be using dosing caps) do u use for reclaiming and catching that resin? is that resin collected from flower only or did you used concentrates with it ?
I know this is kind of stupid but are those concentrate pads just same thing as these ? and if yes which one? what size, are those genuine mighty made from aluminum and also are those genuine sb dosing caps made from aluminum or steel? ?
https://ae01.alicdn.com/img/pb/626/326/553/553326626_063.jpg
https://ae01.alicdn.com/img/pb/628/326/553/553326628_050.jpg
https://ae01.alicdn.com/img/pb/632/326/553/553326632_342.jpg

is there a difference between mighty and mighty medicinal by vapormed? I mean did they used some special kind of plastic or some kind of other materials ? https://www.vapormed.com/shop_eu/en/mighty-medic.html
It seems like a different product, mighty have this sku number ending with MY with comparison to mighty medical it have MM on the end. Im wondering about this
Is this worth buying 15bucks?
https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0...ty_Glass_Mouthpiece_3_grande.jpg?v=1483954474
got flowermate v.50s mini mouthpiece do anybody think that it would fit?

vapviking

Old & In the Way
As a Mighty/Crafty user for over two years and with a Pax 1 and 2 before them, I used to relish this honey-oil reclaim stuff, derived from alcohol dissolved, previously condensed resin. I used to hate the cleaning ritual required by the Pax's and the Mighty cleaning is not much easier, but somewhat. Scraping oil out of a cu makes for appealing goo.

But the last thing I want to do is create this stuff because it means my vape is not delivering as much of the goods as it could be; in the interest of cooling, strength is sacrificed. The Grasshopper has shown me the light and what is possible, as I'm sure there must also be a some other vapes available that simply don't leave very much resin behind. So, the Hopper, with it's almost non-existant vapor path (about an inch, with no baffles) imo has to be rated as a more efficient vapor delivery device. The effect is stronger from Hopper than a Mighty, from less material.

To be sure, I love the Mighty and it still sees a lot of use (two people on a road trip? fill up some capsules!). I believe I would buy another if the current one ever does pass on. It works pisser good with a Muzzmod and water piece, again, I eliminate the c/u 'oil collector' except when it's convenient.

Last edited:

Bomb33

So I've changed my tune on the cooling unit to the muzzmod/sneaky Pete attachment. Simply due to cleaning and potency as mentioned above. I should've listened to you from the get go vapviking
It was nice getting nice good that tasted and smoked great. But ya you are speaking wise words. And good pitch on the gh. About to pull the trigger lmao.

ktmstick

There is always a trade off.

Long path is cooler and smother but more places for vapor to condense back to solid.

Grasshoppers short path is very potent and has simple cleaning but is much hotter than the likes of mighty and crafty.

Putting it through water gets a lovely experience but lots of vapor will condense into the piece and water where it's gone for good.

biohacker

Different stroke for different folks. The cooling unit is a kick ass invention, as one can easily take in massive hits that are cooled down so effectively. The GH's short vapour path is hot and harsh, and IMO there is no noticeable difference in level of medication, especially if you keep a clean CU. In fact the opposite, due to the comfort and ease on the pulmonary system. Kinda like using a water tool, sure you lose a wee bit to condensate, but this is offset by the ability to take in smoother, larger hits....and with the CU you don't lose any to the actual water....no stripping of terpenes. The front end of the GH also surely builds up a tremendous amount of red oil reclaim, especially when used on higher temps and through glass.

I look forward to hearing your feedback on the GH @Bomb33! Enjoy the ride. When I need a portable again, I will be buying the Mighty and maybe Crafty depending on needs at the time, as they are both by far the best portable vaporizers in the industry IMO. The Grasshopper is a nice niche vape that is still very much in the beta stage, and its pathetic reliability and service makes it untenable for me.

ktmstick

Different stroke for different folks. The cooling unit is a kick ass invention, as one can easily take in massive hits that are cooled down so effectively. The GH's short vapour path is hot and harsh, and IMO there is no noticeable difference in level of medication, especially if you keep a clean CU. In fact the opposite, due to the comfort and ease on the pulmonary system. Kinda like using a water tool, sure you lose a wee bit to condensate, but this is offset by the ability to take in smoother, larger hits....and with the CU you don't lose any to the actual water....no stripping of terpenes. The front end of the GH also surely builds up a tremendous amount of red oil reclaim, especially when used on higher temps and through glass.

I look forward to hearing your feedback on the GH @Bomb33! Enjoy the ride. When I need a portable again, I will be buying the Mighty and maybe Crafty depending on needs at the time, as they are both by far the best portable vaporizers in the industry IMO. The Grasshopper is a nice niche vape that is still very much in the beta stage, and its pathetic reliability and service makes it untenable for me.

I agree 100%, my mighty gets far more use than the hopper (actually on loan to a friend atm) even though the hopper is faster it's just not as enjoyable.

I would not use those bowl screens. I used them for a while and found they gave me a sore throat. I had given some to a friend who also was complaining of a sore throat. This went on for over a month until I worked out when it had started. Stopped using them and problem went away in a couple of days.

Standard dosing caps are aluminum I think. They are non ferrous (not magnetic) so must be.

Mighty medic I don't think is any different other than maybe software, packaging and serial number. Please anyone state any different if I am wrong.

I use the coarse screen in cooling unit (and change out ofter) as when using the fine screen I find increased draw resistance and efficiency dropping off after only a few bowls.

Imo, Yes it's nice to reclaim as you go but not to the extent of detracting from the original aim of medicating.

I reclaim everything. I have had my mighty nearly a year and clean the 3 cooling units I have on rotation about every month. They get 10ish days each and get a fresh screen every few days. I then dump everything in a jar of 99 iso and sit the jar in a pan of hot water. After 6 months of this the (nearly black) liquid goes through a cheese cloth and onto a Pyrex dish on a radiator in one of my out buildings. To consume I take a bit of stalk and scoop up some goo, roll it in herb and sandwich in more herb in a capsule = TURBO-CAP!

20170425_100123_zpsdxubgurv.jpg

There is always a trade off.

Long path is cooler and smother but more places for vapor to condense back to solid.

Grasshoppers short path is very potent and has simple cleaning but is much hotter than the likes of mighty and crafty.

Putting it through water gets a lovely experience but lots of vapor will condense into the piece and water where it's gone for good.
Im really thankful to know about those screens ugh gross stuff must be in that. Now when I know those dosing caps are aluminum, I hope they wont evaporate at higher temps, that would be a killer for my brain and memory (aluminum is according to studies the starter of alzheimer disease) :( Im wondering about the mighty medic, if it would have better medical grade plastic used that would be a way to go :)
Lol now I got a feeling to sell the matrix perc rig I bought, I dont want to lost the vapor in the water :) That is a nice return just from cleaning.

ktmstick

Im really thankful to know about those screens ugh gross stuff must be in that. Now when I know those dosing caps are aluminum, I hope they wont evaporate at higher temps, that would be a killer for my brain and memory (aluminum is according to studies the starter of alzheimer disease) :( Im wondering about the mighty medic, if it would have better medical grade plastic used that would be a way to go :)
Lol now I got a feeling to sell the matrix perc rig I bought, I dont want to lost the vapor in the water :) That is a nice return just from cleaning.
Your wire screens might be different to the ones I got but they look exactly the same. I got mine from China on ebay. I really liked them as I pressed them into dosing capsules to make a half cap. I assume it's the metal they are made from or something.

Last edited:

biohacker

Mighty Medic does not have better medical grade plastic, i've had both versions (more than once) and they are the same, save for serial number and packaging, and the Medic includes the magazine and capsules. @ktmstick - you pressed the capsules to make a smaller one? The caps are aluminum, and are safe. I never got on with them, as I found it even more of a convective experience with lighter vapour, but i'm starting to see the benefits of them now from a micro dosing perspective has my usage patterns change.

Unless something revolutionary comes out, I will be picking up another Mighty Medic this summer. I can get them for an absolute STEAL through my licensed producer Tweed here in Canada. $275usd!

Thank god for S&B, true tier 1 level vapes! Just always dream of what they have coming next....that Crafty really needs an easier way to swap the battery out.

With that said, I still think they cost too much but that's S&B for ya! You get what you pay for.

They might be different but they look exactly the same. I got mine from China on ebay. I really liked them as I pressed them into dosing capsules to make a half cap. I assume it's the metal they are made from or something.
you got your caps from china or the mighty itself? I saw they have some better clones availible now, even the seals are blue. Im wondering about the isolation and the plastic smell. Does it ever gets away? can it be compared to genuine mighty?
Mighty Medic does not have better medical grade plastic, i've had both versions (more than once) and they are the same, save for serial number and packaging, and the Medic includes the magazine and capsules. @ktmstick - you pressed the capsules to make a smaller one? The caps are aluminum, and are safe. I never got on with them, as I found it even more of a convective experience with lighter vapour, but i'm starting to see the benefits of them now from a micro dosing perspective has my usage patterns change.

Unless something revolutionary comes out, I will be picking up another Mighty Medic this summer. I can get them for an absolute STEAL through my licensed producer Tweed here in Canada. $275usd!

Thank god for S&B, true tier 1 level vapes! Just always dream of what they have coming next....that Crafty really needs an easier way to swap the battery out.

With that said, I still think they cost too much but that's S&B for ya! You get what you pay for.
I got a reply from SB and they told me that the mighty medicinal was created for use with cannabinoids and that it is tested by some kind of different tests and that the original mighty was created for use with different herbs?
here is the exact response
The difference between the MIGHTY MEDIC and the MIGHTY is that the MIGHTY MEDIC is a certified medical device for the inhalation of cannabinoids. It was tested and certified according to the standard DIN EN 60601 – safety for Medical electrical equipment. The MIGHTY is a household device and intended to be used with different herbs (e.g. Eukalyptus, Lavender, Camomile, Lemon balm – please see the complete list of herbs here). It fulfills the safety requirements of the standard DIN EN 60335 – safety for Household and similar electrical appliances and was tested and certified. The built up of both units is similar. The devices’ production is monitored regularly by a third party, a testing and certification body. The safety of the devices is tested.

Our company has a certified quality management system following EN ISO 9001 and EN ISO 13485.

ktmstick

The steel screens came from China. My mighty is genuine - I hope!

From that blurb they haven't told you anything to suggest they are drastically different.

you got your caps from china or the mighty itself? I saw they have some better clones availible now, even the seals are blue. Im wondering about the isolation and the plastic smell. Does it ever gets away? can it be compared to genuine mighty?
I got a reply from SB and they told me that the mighty medicinal was created for use with cannabinoids and that it is tested by some kind of different tests and that the original mighty was created for use with different herbs?
The difference between the MIGHTY MEDIC and the MIGHTY is that the MIGHTY MEDIC is a certified medical device for the inhalation of cannabinoids. It was tested and certified according to the standard DIN EN 60601 – safety for Medical electrical equipment. The MIGHTY is a household device and intended to be used with different herbs (e.g. Eukalyptus, Lavender, Camomile, Lemon balm – please see the complete list of herbs here). It fulfills the safety requirements of the standard DIN EN 60335 – safety for Household and similar electrical appliances and was tested and certified. The built up of both units is similar. The devices’ production is monitored regularly by a third party, a testing and certification body. The safety of the devices is tested.

Our company has a certified quality management system following EN ISO 9001 and EN ISO 13485.

biohacker

They aren't, just certifications... and standards I suppose... just politics IMO. I can claim the Medic on my taxes, as it is an "approved medical device". I believe the only others are the Volcano and the MiniVAP IIRC.

It still gives me some confidence, but I wouldn't be overly concerned about it. Hmmmm, maybe I can claim the Medic as a medical device for an insurance claim and get it for free since i'm a licensed medical patient! Probably not worth the hassle and approval though.

Thanks so much for posting that @blablablabla ! Nice username BTW :lol:

JCat

Accessory Maker
They aren't, just certifications... and standards I suppose... just politics IMO. I can claim the Medic on my taxes, as it is an "approved medical device". I believe the only others are the Volcano and the MiniVAP IIRC.

It still gives me some confidence, but I wouldn't be overly concerned about it. Hmmmm, maybe I can claim the Medic as a medical device for an insurance claim and get it for free since i'm a licensed medical patient! Probably not worth the hassle and approval though.

You can claim the Medic on your Income Tax. No insurance is going to cover it (apart from Veterans I believe get it covered here in Canada). This means you get ~20% back depending. You should also be claiming your cannabis on your income tax.

Anything over $1,000 is covered (anything you pay for prescriptions etc can also be included in this). There's an article from Halifax from 2003 where someone even won their case on the right to claim cannabis purchased from black market (http://www.yongesterdam.com/news/news177.htm). If you buy from LPs then you are fine of course to claim. If buying from dispensaries, you should still be able to claim, but if you get audited you will have to defend it.

The steel screens came from China. My mighty is genuine - I hope!

From that blurb they haven't told you anything to suggest they are drastically different.
just emailed them one more time about the caps and the difference in materials but it really seems that the only difference is with the insurance. Hope the struggle with will went away soon and you will be all able to get your taxes back on bud and such a devices. Thats not my case, since Im overseas in the land of prohibition, gotta stick to the outdoor low potency bud which sometimes does not smell anything like burned popcorn, but reminds me of filled up baby diapers :D :D I just hope I will move soon and find a better place.

Thank you for that, just wanted to create username as quick as possible so the first dumb thing I thought of appears to be now my user name :D

Btw anybody would tell me if the SB fixed the issues with the power button on mighty? I included that question in my mail, but just want to see from your own experiences.
Thx for everybody

HellsWindStaff

Dharma Initiate
My Mighty gets lots of love still, primarily when out with friends but I use it solo too, especially great for when I'm going for a run. I'll Mighty for the first 10-15 minutes while walking and then stash it and get going! Great fuckin machine.

I'm 1 month away from 2 years, warranty is almost up! The only damage I have is scratches to sticker and 2 superficial cracks along the very top "fin" but this fin does not connect to anything other than the housing and I don't think it's impeding it or causing issues or really affects the vaporizer at all.

biohacker

outdoor low potency bud

Sometimes some of the best bud out there. I love meds that are sun kissed! The strong hydro grown under fake lights isn't very "natural" IMO.

Btw anybody would tell me if the SB fixed the issues with the power button on mighty? I included that question in my mail, but just want to see from your own experiences.

I didn't know there were any real "issues" with the power button. I personally have never experienced a problem, same with the Crafty. It definitely doesn't appear to be an epidemic.

vapviking

Old & In the Way

My take on the Mighty Medic is that this product provides a clean break from the Mighty (original) and provides a platform to market the tested/approved Mighty Medic in countries where use of cannabinoids is legal for medical use.
I think there are very few, very minor differences, if any, in design/construction/performance of the two.
I also think that the chamber bowl in Mighty may be aluminum (I'm not positive), but the operating temps are not remotely close to the point that any aluminum would somehow be released.

I agree 100%, my mighty gets far more use than the hopper (actually on loan to a friend atm) even though the hopper is faster it's just not as enjoyable.
I take great pleasure in using either one! My go-to is the Hopper, mostly. But I agree there are trade-offs to use of just about any vape; we are still in the infancy of this entire endeavor!

The worst trade-off for me is the huge amount of money I trade off in exchange for herb that I should be allowed to grow for myself!

My take on the Mighty Medic is that this product provides a clean break from the Mighty (original) and provides a platform to market the tested/approved Mighty Medic in countries where use of cannabinoids is legal for medical use.
I think there are very few, very minor differences, if any, in design/construction/performance of the two.
I also think that the chamber bowl in Mighty may be aluminum (I'm not positive), but the operating temps are not remotely close to the point that any aluminum would somehow be released.

I take great pleasure in using either one! My go-to is the Hopper, mostly. But I agree there are trade-offs to use of just about any vape; we are still in the infancy of this entire endeavor!

The worst trade-off for me is the huge amount of money I trade off in exchange for herb that I should be allowed to grow for myself!
I hope its only that the only reason I thought it might be different was just because they told me that is intended to use with different herbs than bud. That statement distracted me

I can only relate, got these risky trade ofs for huge amount of money too ;) still better than purchasing hydro bud sprinkled with meth + codeine syrup (to add weight and make people hooked) and other toxic shit that state mafia spreading around here through their related organs in power :D

Top Bottom