The Mighty/Mighty+ by Storz & Bickel

ChooChooCharlie

Me and another user left negative feedback on stores and Bickel facebook page and it got deleted. Just throwing that out there and how they treat customers.

For "equal time," my own customer service from Storz-Bickel has been stellar. Few days ago I placed an order and it was rejected by my credit card company for reasons unrelated to the purchase. Received email from S&B and I replied, which was followed quickly by a phone call from them to me. S&B rep even patiently waited while I "vape-read" to her my address changes and a different card for payment. I was impressed with her understanding -- and how I felt -- that calming feeling of support. Wanted to pass along my positive CS experience with Storz-Bickel. Order received today.

radiant34

For "equal time," my own customer service from Storz-Bickel has been stellar. Few days ago I placed an order and it was rejected by my credit card company for reasons unrelated to the purchase. Received email from S&B and I replied, which was followed quickly by a phone call from them to me. S&B rep even patiently waited while I "vape-read" to her my address changes and a different card for payment. I was impressed with her understanding -- and how I felt -- that calming feeling of support. Wanted to pass along my positive CS experience with Storz-Bickel. Order received today.
I don't think it's quite hard for a company to take someone's money rather that criticism on a product. A 450 product which has offgassing plastic fins that have a shelf life of almost 6 months before they break. Product is certified to be used with medically certified materials , yet plastic easily gets destroyed through heat. I think me and you have two different ideas of customer service

radiant34,

Vapor4me

Does anyone knows if the dosing capsules fit into the the doob tubes, and how many?

I've been considering some doob tubes simply for this purpose.

Have also been finding it useful to drop a screen on top of my load before closing the dosing capsule, to have less leaf material in my CU, without affecting drag or efficiency of vaping.

Also, has anyone used glass honeycomb screens as spacer for the dosing caps?

Mr. Me2

Does anyone knows if the dosing capsules fit into the the doob tubes, and how many?

Have also been finding it useful to drop a screen on top of my load before closing the dosing capsule, to have less leaf material in my CU, without affecting drag or efficiency of vaping.

@Ratchett designed the perfect thing for you...

https://delta3dstudios.com/portable-vaporizer-accessories/mighty-vaporizer/

Vaporcussion

Definitely noticeable. Cooler on the lips

Glad to hear another positive experience; careful not to lift it out as you open/close....

They do not fit, but doom tubes are great for carrying, and loading directly into the bowl.

When you use a screen in the capsule, what size are you using? My caps wouldn't close....

Vaporcussion,
Reactions: SSVUN~YAH

Bomb33

When I order my meds. I get free grams in small medicine bottles that fit 7 capsules perfectly. And I to use a screen in the caps as well. I use the cu screens once they are gone to crap and it closes tight. Maybe my caps are older? Or I was using snips to cut my own outta cheap pipe screens. But once again. Got sick of it and lazy. I just go native now lmao unless I'm at work. The caps are perfect. I find if you use a fine grind and screen inside the capsules. You can minimize the amount of bud but maximize your high. That's my two cents

disGRUNTled

Have been enjoying dabs too much, that I had forgotten about flower. That had to change Purple Elephant in the Mighty, a New Glarus Wisconsin Belgian Red by the pool watching Grind Mode Cyphers on Youtube.
SAGSgiP.jpg

UFoxo1H.jpg

3D5Klp8.jpg

bhXr7Ew.jpg

X8VO4w4.jpg

vapviking

Old & In the Way
When you use a screen in the capsule, what size are you using? My caps wouldn't close....
I used a standard c/u screen (fine) with a single cut (with scissors) going from a point on perimeter to the center of the screen. This lets the screen squeeze down to a smaller diameter. I usually would use this more as top screen in the regular chamber, but it works in caps as well.

Bomb33

I find when that happens ya clean both. But I just pop out the screen on the cu after a session and wipe around and inside the cu with a paper towel. I find it helps put off the iso cleaning and solves the sticky icky syndrome. I only notice this from time to time. Maybe certain strains or I'm just loading too much Kief lol. All I know is this mighty is still kicking after the brutal usage I've put on it. Working like when I first bought it. No complaints here north of the border.

Jack_72

Thats true but I srsly don't get the point of throwing your weed oil in the trash... Rather be happy about your sticky parts as they give you really clean and strong hash afterall !

Vapor4me

Good to see you back by the pool Disgrunted, and that purple elephant doesn't look too bad! :D Have you tried "Delirum Tremens" it's a Belgian ale with pink elephants... I just thought it would be appropriate, lol :lol:

Could you be a bit more specific Mr. Me2? I see that there are some dosing capsule holders, but I want something I can seal, to prevent bits of greenery from falling everywhere. And preferably something that can be shipped to the EU for a decent price :rant:

I bought a couple of packs of screens from 7th floor, 1 cm, or so I thought. Too big, so the scissors came out. Using layers, I use a thick silicone mat, the screen, and press the (part of the) dosing cap (on the side intended for it). This would leave a small print, which I would then use to cut to size. And Yes, not the most efficient way of getting them to size, but it works.

Mr. Me2

Good to see you back by the pool Disgrunted, and that purple elephant doesn't look too bad! :D Have you tried "Delirum Tremens" it's a Belgian ale with pink elephants... I just thought it would be appropriate, lol :lol:

Could you be a bit more specific Mr. Me2? I see that there are some dosing capsule holders, but I want something I can seal, to prevent bits of greenery from falling everywhere. And preferably something that can be shipped to the EU for a decent price :rant:

I bought a couple of packs of screens from 7th floor, 1 cm, or so I thought. Too big, so the scissors came out. Using layers, I use a thick silicone mat, the screen, and press the (part of the) dosing cap (on the side intended for it). This would leave a small print, which I would then use to cut to size. And Yes, not the most efficient way of getting them to size, but it works.
I was thinking of this. If it doesn't suit your needs, just email @Ratchett :

https://delta3dstudios.com/s-b-dosing-capsule-sleeve-8x1/

0RxSrBZ.jpg

Vaporcussion

Thats true but I srsly don't get the point of throwing your weed oil in the trash... Rather be happy about your sticky parts as they give you really clean and strong hash afterall !

I don't think the oil reclaim actually makes hash, but certainly a concentrate! I'm just passed that point; too many years of scraping pipes and smoking the black resin... I don't even save the ABV anymore...

Jimmer144

Sargeant REG
I have only had my unit a few weeks so i don't have too much reclaim buildup, but i have taken the CU apart when its warm after a session and scraped a lil oil out and i rolled it around in some grinded material then put it in my E nano stem, i was surprised just how much longer it took to extract a small load of bud/oil mixed, and i was pretty zonked afterwards. I think in the future i am gonna let a thick layer of oil build in my CU then clean it out. Ive been thinking of pressing some collected kief with the reclaim from my Mighty.

mitchgo61

I go where the thrills are
I don't think the oil reclaim actually makes hash, but certainly a concentrate! I'm just passed that point; too many years of scraping pipes and smoking the black resin... I don't even save the ABV anymore...
I'm with ya. With all the amazing legal strains available to many of us, scraping and consuming resin seems silly IMO. When I was a kid, and poor, and had access issues, I was all over it. Now I'm too old, and have too much good flower on deck to bother. My gunky CU hits ISO the second I disassemble it. :p

Jack_72

I don't understand why some of you refer to the age while talking about access to potent flowers , as if there was a correlation....

Last year I was living in a country where weed wasn't really legal but they had their coffeeshops and a collection of truly finest herbs (not the Netherlands). I did not own a vaporizer yet so I can't tell if I also had used my resins but I understand the calming point that your access doesn't let you need to collect the resin.
This year, although I am a year older now, I'm living in a country with bad access to bad strains and the resin usually hits a lot stronger than the weed itself, so my suggestion wasn't only about saving money or weed but getting something real nice as a product of very little effort , too. Plus: the mighty needs to be cleaned once or twice a weak anyway - I always just put all the parts in a jar with iso and after a month or so I just let the iso evaporate and scratch off the hash of my empty jar. To be honest for me there is no additional work at all, just using a second jar with iso and I get a nice reward. Describing this procedure simply as "silly" is just too nearsighted, @mitchgo61 ;-).
Its nothing for people who don't like the taste though. But the product is very clean, tasty to me, usually very strong and looks and feels (between your fingers) like hash. Always very happy about a brown iso jar :-)!!

Last edited:

waxdab23

A little late the party - just bought a Mighty lol.

I thought I remember reading something in this thread about being able to make the Mighty run hotter, but now I can't find it. Is that possible?

mitchgo61

I go where the thrills are
I don't understand why some of you refer to the age while talking about access to potent flowers , as if there was a correlation....!

For some of us, there is a correlation. It's circumstantial, but it's a correlation. When I was young, I was both poor, and lived in places where weed was illegal and sometimes hard to acquire. When I had lots of access, I didn't bother "reclaiming" because I didn't need to. At this point in my life, I'm pushing 56, I have less time to spend scraping/reclaiming, I have money, and I live in a legal state. Again, it seems silly for a 55-year-old who can call his CG and buy any amount of killer weed to be spending time in my kitchen or bathroom trying to get gunk out of a plastic vape piece so I can re-inhale that stuff into my lungs. It's like saying "which would you rather eat, this nice piece of steak or some leftovers from Wendy's?" Erm....(I'm a vegetarian so that's a bad metaphor. :p)

It's all situational, which is why I used "IMO". But believe me, if you're my age, you have both access and means to buy more flower than you could ever consume, and you have other shit to do in your life, "silly" really is the best way to describe the task of reclaim. Again if I had to do it, I would. I consider myself lucky that I don't. :2c:

As for cleaning the Mighty every week, that also seems weird to me. If you use the smaller mesh screen in the CU, or the dosing caps, you can go weeks without cleaning IME.

Last edited:

jazmodo

Militant Athiest
New member & mighty owner here. Had my Mighty since Oct. 15, been my daily driver since the beginning of the year.

It's an absolutely fantastic unit, very consistent in its vapour production. I've used an Airizer Solo before but it had nothing on the Mighty... I've recently purchased a 2nd mighty as my original is going for repair of some plastic cracking to the top of the case around the heating chamber, all under warranty so fantastic stuff.

As for cleaning the Mighty every week, that also seems weird to me. If you use the smaller mesh screen in the CU, or the dosing caps, you can go weeks without cleaning IME.

With cleaning, I'd agree the heating chamber can go some time between cleaning, but my cooling unit gets full of resin after 10-14 days of use, so much so the mouthpiece is fused in place when cold. USage obviously has a big impact here.

I've also found that if not cleaned every 2 weeks minimum, the heating chamber builds up a thick, dark brown residue that is very hard to remove. I've found it impossible to remove this residue & maintain the mirror finish of the chamber.

However as cleaning the heating unit is more time-consuming than simply soaking in ISO, I clean this every couple of months, but the cooling units need it, for my use anyway, at least once every 2 weeks!

blackstone

New member & mighty owner here. Had my Mighty since Oct. 15, been my daily driver since the beginning of the year.

It's an absolutely fantastic unit, very consistent in its vapour production. I've used an Airizer Solo before but it had nothing on the Mighty... I've recently purchased a 2nd mighty as my original is going for repair of some plastic cracking to the top of the case around the heating chamber, all under warranty so fantastic stuff.

With cleaning, I'd agree the heating chamber can go some time between cleaning, but my cooling unit gets full of resin after 10-14 days of use, so much so the mouthpiece is fused in place when cold. USage obviously has a big impact here.

I've also found that if not cleaned every 2 weeks minimum, the heating chamber builds up a thick, dark brown residue that is very hard to remove. I've found it impossible to remove this residue & maintain the mirror finish of the chamber.

However as cleaning the heating unit is more time-consuming than simply soaking in ISO, I clean this every couple of months, but the cooling units need it, for my use anyway, at least once every 2 weeks!

It's either capsules, magic eraser/scrubbing, or dirty oven, Take your pick!?

I have a couple of tiny cracks in the plastic near the chamber after 1 year +. They're all the way through some areas but everything is still together fine, no effect on use.
Should I wait till an actual part falls out or RMA now, in your opinion?
Thanks and welcome!

Jack_72

Same to me although I did try it with the finer screen in the CU ... The thing is that it's not about avoiding weed crumbles get through the (wider) screen of the CU but the condensated steam which you simply can't avoid as it is always there after ever single hit.
It definitely depends on the usage but also on your personal preference - I for example always keep my Mighty very clean, looks like new since months!

jazmodo

Militant Athiest
Indeed! Dirty oven FTW! haha

Capsules are great, just a ball-ache filling 40+ of them, then emptying the AVB & cleaning them when they get covered in resin :lol:

I'd wait until bits fall off, I had 2 'chunks' come off on the corners where the cooling unit attaches in the space of a week, plus all the fins on the top level but they didn't bother me.

I was offered a replacement casing under warranty, or a new unit for €69. I opted for just replacement casing, as I'd just purchased mighty #2. Good to know they will replace for new though, could be a good option for some!

Vaporcussion

Since we're back on cleaning, someone on this site recommended adding hot water to the iso soak. Wow, is that effective! It creates a soapy like texture; great for the capsule tops.

Top Bottom