The Mighty/Mighty+ by Storz & Bickel

vapviking

Old & In the Way
I just got into the world of water vaping! I'm currently using this:

https://delta3dstudios.com/mighty-waterpipe-adapter-cu-mod-v2

IMG_7251__33944.1447896247.380.380.JPG

... with an old beaker bong that I already owned.

But this weekend I broke the bong.

Any suggestions for the best adapter \ water pipe combo? Portability isn't necessary.
I don't think we're allowed to link to knock-offs, but this is a Chinese outlet and maybe just for reference/window shopping purpose. I happened to go to Ebay for the in-line bubbler, rather than buy from the outlet.
Items at DHGate/ the Sunshine store, one is (search for) a D020-D that a lot of folks use.

Another type is a Pinnacle Pro Water Tool (glass smoking water pipe, they call it!). I think their first photo is upside down, btw! It's a hand held, in-line type, okay even for passing around. It mounts above an upright Mighty.

vapviking,
Reactions: SSVUN~YAH

darbarikanada

im thinking about picking up a mighty. and i was wondering if i pack like .1 to .15 into the bowl and take a few draws then turn it off will the oven still heat up the herb and it will be wasted?

I second vapviking. the mighty's a 'session vape' - put in what you plan to use. the good news is that it's fine with small loads. a lot of people seem to think all that 'cooking' that goes on when you're not actually sucking on the thing is problematic, but my experience is that it actually delivers better hits if allowed to cook for something like 30 sec.

that being said, there are better options if you want to fill 'er up and take single hits at a time, e.g. grasshopper, firefly 2, even vapcap.

Perplexpercolator

I just got into the world of water vaping! I'm currently using this:

https://delta3dstudios.com/mighty-waterpipe-adapter-cu-mod-v2

IMG_7251__33944.1447896247.380.380.JPG

... with an old beaker bong that I already owned.

But this weekend I broke the bong.

Any suggestions for the best adapter \ water pipe combo? Portability isn't necessary.
Don't know the rules too well but I have had good experiences with thickassglass personally with their second quality pieces. Some sites out there soley source rejects at a fraction of the cost of big names and I feel it's worth looking into. Dh gate is always iffy tho.

Perplexpercolator,
Reactions: vapviking

mitchgo61

I go where the thrills are
Most common is to finish the bowl you have started with Mighty. The conduction type aspect of the chamber continues after you turn it off, so there is some loss and it's not that great to come back to.
If a full bowl, you can turn off and come back later; it's just not the most efficient use.k.
I second vapviking. the mighty's a 'session vape' - put in what you plan to use. the good news is that it's fine with small loads. a lot of people seem to think all that 'cooking' that goes on when you're not actually sucking on the thing is problematic, but my experience is that it actually delivers better hits if allowed to cook for something like 30 sec.that being said, there are better options if you want to fill 'er up and take single hits at a time, e.g. grasshopper, firefly 2, even vapcap.
Interesting that this has come up recently. I've always thought of the Mighty as more of a session vape myself....and using the dosing capsules pretty much exclusively for several months kept me in this mindset, as each one holds really just about enough for a full session for me.

About a month ago I just got really fed up spending a half hour every few days filling tons of capsules. I decided to go back to using the bowl "native", but, unlike in the past when I've done this, I didn't use the liquid pad to eat up half the space in the bowl. I just started cramming like .25 g's in the bowl directly.

I've been using my Mightys like this for at least the past month. And I gotta tell you...it's been working great, not just as a session vape, but also for something closer to "on demand" (though that's not really accurate). I find I can fill the Mighty, consume half the bowl, come back to it the next day, and still get great hits and great vapor and finish off the bowl without any degradation in performance. One trick is to let it really heat up, and take a few hits...a partially-vaped bowl relies on convection as much as conduction, and the weed needs to be primed a bit by a few hot hits before giving up the vapor.

I still love the capsules, but the Mighty works really well native too, and for me, it's session orientation doesn't prevent it from still being a great one-person on-demand vape. It helps to make sure you "carb out" the last hit or two after you shut it off, to keep it from wasting any final vapor. But anyone looking for an all-purpose vape that really can do just about anything....once again the Mighty fits the bill. I still think this is the greatest all-around portable I've ever used.:2c:

Little Bill

Oldest stoner on FC
im thinking about picking up a mighty. and i was wondering if i pack like .1 to .15 into the bowl and take a few draws then turn it off will the oven still heat up the herb and it will be wasted?

@JohnDank I do exactly that with my Crafty when I need to have two sessions while away from home. It takes practice to get a good balance in the two sessions but can be done. The first session will be a bit tastier but both sessions can be effective. A key is to turn off the Crafty soon after it hits temp on the first session. Also you will want to take a couple pulls after you turn it off to help cool the load quickly.

Perplexpercolator

Has anyone had experience using the dosing capsules that s&b make along with the "caddy" this looks like a really nice smell reducing option for portable vaping. I'm curious to how they function and if its a practical solution to leave the grinder and herb stash at home and have a keychain instead.

rodders83

Has anyone had experience using the dosing capsules that s&b make along with the "caddy" this looks like a really nice smell reducing option for portable vaping. I'm curious to how they function and if its a practical solution to leave the grinder and herb stash at home and have a keychain instead.

Well it holds four caps and it has a rubber o-ring at the top so think about it 4 capsules stuffed with kief/oil and some buds as a bed is quite the session no? So being so small buy two or three and chain them or bind them with an elastic band.

I do like it compared to clunky storage options as it works like a normal keychain.

Little Bill

Oldest stoner on FC
Well it holds four caps and it has a rubber o-ring at the top so think about it 4 capsules stuffed with kief/oil and some buds as a bed is quite the session no? So being so small buy two or three and chain them or bind them with an elastic band.

I do like it compared to clunky storage options as it works like a normal keychain.

The dosing capsules are great if you have the dexterity and patience. :bang::myday:

Baron23

The instructions says to fully charge before first use just like you recommended. But it also says to attach cable to the Mighty first, then plug the charger wall wart into mains. (socket) See page 15.

Late to the game but this is because if there is going to be arcing, they would prefer it to be between the wall wart and the wall socket and not between the charging cable and the device. This actually makes a great deal of sense with all rechargeable vapes.

Dreger_US

I use it for medical purposes so I can say for certain that the caps do reduce a little bit of the efficiency.
I still do use them daily though. It's just a good way to reduce the amount and I find it way more efficient then using the liquid pads. The liquid pads drop efficiency dramatically as they get dirty and the vapor is noticeably less.

A little neat trick that I learned use the bottom part of the CU without the lid and shove it into the Cu. Put a very thin layer at the bottom of the chamber. setup for very small amounts.

https://forum.vapelife.com/discussion/272/storz-bickel-dosing-capsules/p3

I like to keep them on hand for these reasons
- quick convenience to drop one in like shot after you're already bust so you don't have to mess with loading it

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Though I haven't read it yet (just arrived), the new Rolling Stone (RS 1286) has an article about Micro-dosing as a tool in cannabis use.
EDIT; I apologize, this is not correct. The announcement about an on-line article is in that RS issue. Now I can't find the article to link to it!
(sorry, @SSVUN~YAH !)

Last edited:
vapviking,

mitchgo61

interesting that some here complain on how much hassle it is to fill the capsules.
I do enjoy it and i use the same technique as when I was filling my solo stem.
takes me less than 10sec for one capsule.
Approx .1g each
I agree, filling one capsule is fast.

My problem is I'd set up several days at once, to make it easier to swap strains. So four or five strains times say five caps a piece....I'd be grinding four times and filling 20-25 capsules. Took me a half hour each time. Drove me nuts. :lol:

Vaporcussion

I'd be grinding four times and filling 20-25 capsules. Took me a half hour each time. Drove me nuts. :lol:

I agree, filling a large bunch of caps is tedious; I only fill 4 or 8 at a time, max. The easiest method I have found is to use a 3 or 4 stage grinder, and simple dip the capsule in the middle section to fill. Any spillage stays in grinder. Each grind fills about 4 caps!

For filling the bowl directly, I love my doob tubes. The opening fits the bowl, and it's way faster than the awkward orange dispenser from S&B.

As a mayor of fact, I'm done with all those orange pieces! The plastic grinder steals my weed, and grinds too fine. The weed dispenser takes too long and doesn't work well in the wind. The capsule (circle) magazine holder is awkward, the key chain FOB's are much better. Only the poker remains...

mitchgo61

Last edited:

blackstone

Late to the game but this is because if there is going to be arcing, they would prefer it to be between the wall wart and the wall socket and not between the charging cable and the device. This actually makes a great deal of sense with all rechargeable vapes.

And maybe they want to eliminate arcing as they recommend iso as a cleaner! Or they're afraid a liquid pad will come into contact with a residual DC current and pull a Ray Mears campfire on your house?
Just a thought I had, but the arcing damaging your DC plug and socket is enough reason.
The practice might also be better for the vape's processor, and avoids false entries into a charging cycle

blackstone,

Jack_72

I am pretty sure this applies to ANY electronical device. I personally have always just plugged in every single one of my devices without pulling the DC plug first and my house (or my electronical pieces) still has not burned of yet. Imo this advice by SB is absolutely useless and extreme... Really can't understand why this is an argueable point though :/ .

E: @Vaporcussion Thanks a lot for the advice with filling a dozen of capsules at once inside of the grinder. Never thought of this idea and just tried it out while putting 8 capsules inside of my grinder. It's great to pre fill many capsules at once very quickly but to finish them I still tend to put them in the SB filling unit as it gives them a lot of stability which is very helpful to push the herbs tightly down the capsule with the perfectly fitting orange tool stored inside of the mighty/crafty.

Last edited:

ambertrichome

Just got back from a remote canoe camping trip with the mighty and discovered a nice battery saving tip, sorry if it has already been mentioned. Using the capsules pre heat the mighty to your favourite temp. Then load and puff down on the capsule once temp has been reached, usually till most of the terps have been vaped. Then Crank the mighty to 210 puffing as temp climbs once 210 is reached turn off mighty, the residual heat(conduction) held within the mighty and the capsule is more than enough to finish off your capsule. The mighty sitting around a campfire after a gruelling day in a wilderness setting is as good as it gets in my opinion.

Last edited:

Bomb33

Just received my glass mp's. Wtf. Got to love the service. For sure I thought my 15$ was gone lol. Got to chime in. I love it. Definitely noticeable. Cooler on the lips. Nice feeling. Flavors are heightened I find. Overall it's in my vapecase. And ya I'm sick of the midnight capsule packs lol. Does anyone sell them packed already lmao.

Top Bottom