The Mighty/Mighty+ by Storz & Bickel

Vapordeflor

Hi all! I just wanted to post my experience with this device which i have had for 2 months and a week now. I have been using the Mighty daily since it arrived (one charge per day). As many people here i only have good words about this device. I bought the glass mouthpiece which i love because the feel and the more round shape of the end. I have access to very good hash where i live and the sandwich method, also used with kief, is my favorite i ve tried cotton but thats VC business ;). Also at firts i used a grinder which left the grinded herb very fine but i recently purchased a SCS and im ver very happy with the consistency of my herb! Here is where i keep it all:
ZJjfved.jpg

KWHMFJP.jpg

hcoBdNb.jpg

I use the VC tube to carry ground herb around..

Bonus photo:

D8XM0YZ.jpg

Here the link for the case: http://www.kayabcngrow.com/es/2479-funda-vaporizador-vapesuite.html
The case is not smelly proof but i honestly cant smell anything when all is inside and closed. The interior is velvet which i found very cool.
Finally I want to thank all the members of FC who informed me about this vaporizer and made this thread possible, also big thanks to the staff crew!
One Love FC!

Last edited:

dtaxx

Hey everyone, I finally decided to get a Mighty. However, almost every webshop in Europe has a discount going on the Mighty. Usually when they do that it is a indication that a new unit is on it's way(?).

Do you guys happen to know more about this or should I just get it?

Last edited:

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Hey everyone, I finally decided to get a Mighty. However, almost every webshop in Europe has a discount going on the Mighty. Usually when they do that it is a indication that a new unit is on it's way(?).

Do you guys happen to know more about this or should I just get it?
New designs are a rarity with S&B.
I looked at a US retailer and at S&B America site and there's no discount shown. I think if what you notice were ahead of some new roll out the discount would be more universally available.
Typically S&B has not allowed retailers to discount the price, though many use the 'coupon' concept as a work around.
While we can't answer your question, I can advocate that you go ahead and get a Mighty without delay!

Jack_72

Im still very impressed and surprised by this device!
With my last slightly older mighty from December 2016 I could barely finish one fully packed capsule with only 1-2 battery bars left. I pretty much had to hurry up to get through every temperature stop and fully extract the herbs. With my newer Mighty from February 2017 I was really surprised I could vape 2 capsules entirely starting with only one bar on the battery screen!
Throughout most of the second capsule the battery symbol was just blinking though but it could hold up and even still increase the temperature up to 210°C (max temp). And I was really worried I could not vape my usual amount without having my charger with me :S.

To be honest, until now I have never let the new one's battery drown that much so it might have more capacity than my last mighty when I tried this out.

ChooChooCharlie

Nope, just give it the initial charge, shouldn't take long. Instructions say plug wall wort in first then the vape.

@SSVUN-YAH - sorry, but it's the other way around. As to if it really matters, probably not, but OCD forced me to post.

The instructions says to fully charge before first use just like you recommended. But it also says to attach cable to the Mighty first, then plug the charger wall wart into mains. (socket) See page 15.

My charger wall wart is always plugged into a timer. http://a.co/7RdoqOd
Attach cord to Mighty, then I press timer's button twice for a one hour charge session. The Mighty then begins to charge, possibly in a cool stand (yes, "weeqan"). This timer use ensures the correct plugging order, as the charging cable is without current until the timer begins.

darbarikanada

I have ordered the Mighty, it will be here tomorrow, can't wait!:D Are there any crucial first time battery procedures to get the most juice out of it?

they usually (always?) are charged when you get them. you don't have to worry about the 'proper way' to charge - just charge it when it gets low. the bad old days of rechargeable batteries needing particular charging methods don't apply to the mighty's batteries.

SSVUN~YAH

You Must Unlearn, What You Have Learned...
@SSVUN-YAH - sorry, but it's the other way around. As to if it really matters, probably not, but OCD forced me to post.

The instructions says to fully charge before first use just like you recommended. But it also says to attach cable to the Mighty first, then plug the charger wall wart into mains. (socket) See page 15.

My charger wall wart is always plugged into a timer. http://a.co/7RdoqOd
Attach cord to Mighty, then I press timer's button twice for a one hour charge session. The Mighty then begins to charge, possibly in a cool stand (yes, "weeqan"). This timer use ensures the correct plugging order, as the charging cable is without current until the timer begins.
:doh: Lol, I was wondering why my Mighty blew up. :science:;)

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Plugging in to device and then to main power is advocated for Mighty and also for Grasshopper in their manuals. In practice I almost always do the opposite with both of them, being lazy and leaving wall adapter plugged all the time. This has always worked fine with my 17 month old Mighty, while on rare occasions the Grasshopper will require this voodoo to initiate charge.

I think @ChooChooCharlie is being wise and safe using the timer method. :clap:

And I still follow the voodoo anytime I get a rechargeable battery I fully charge it before first use. Mighty and Crafty's have always arrived at about 80-90% so that's really not onerous.

@dtaxx Maybe run a burn off -- empty on high temp -- just to be sure no baddies are coming out, which is very unlikely.
Enjoy!

HushemFlupskluk

they usually (always?) are charged when you get them. you don't have to worry about the 'proper way' to charge - just charge it when it gets low. the bad old days of rechargeable batteries needing particular charging methods don't apply to the mighty's batteries.

Hmm I dunno about that. Usually batteries will perform better after treating it properly which is; fully unload the batteries and then charge them fully again. Storz and Bickel loaded the batteries for us we only have to make sure our batteries will perform as good as can be and last as long as can be. Repeat the unload and load proceduce for a while before you interupt this proces. Stick to unloading and loading proces I would say!

HushemFlupskluk

I didn't know that XD

' ...The 50% discharges provide the best number of cycles-to-usage ratio'.

How do we keep it charged in between 40% to 80%? We never have a 50% discharge? These numbers confuse me.

Besides My Mighty battery which I used for nearly dayly for a year now lasts atleast 112 minutes. I fully charged and discharged it over again in this period.

HushemFlupskluk,

vapviking

Old & In the Way
'Round and 'round we go about batteries in Mighty, it's all been discussed lots of times here.

I pretty much disregard most of the 'good practices' and concentrate on the task at hand, which is enjoying the thing.
I have used it a lot (though that has tapered off since Grasshoppers' arrival) and it performs almost like new; it's almost 18 months old now. My feeling is that the circuitry is capable of deciding what's best for the batteries.
About a third of my use time is with Mighty plugged in to the wall; this may be helping my batteries, but I really don't know, or need to know!

Radiocitysuicide

I didn't know that XD

' ...The 50% discharges provide the best number of cycles-to-usage ratio'.

How do we keep it charged in between 40% to 80%? We never have a 50% discharge? These numbers confuse me.

Besides My Mighty battery which I used for nearly dayly for a year now lasts atleast 112 minutes. I fully charged and discharged it over again in this period.

I think it means you try to keep it below 80 and above 40 so anywhere in that range is ideal including 50. I wouldn't worry about it too much though I don't think it's really practical to try to keep the battery between 40 and 80 percent. I was just pointing out that it may not be necessary to fully charge and drain the battery not that there's anything wrong with doing that.

Radiocitysuicide,

HushemFlupskluk

'Round and 'round we go about batteries in Mighty, it's all been discussed lots of times here.

I pretty much disregard most of the 'good practices' and concentrate on the task at hand, which is enjoying the thing.
I have used it a lot (though that has tapered off since Grasshoppers' arrival) and it performs almost like new; it's almost 18 months old now. My feeling is that the circuitry is capable of deciding what's best for the batteries.
About a third of my use time is with Mighty plugged in to the wall; this may be helping my batteries, but I really don't know, or need to know!

It is an enjoyable device for sure! With the wire on it or not ;) But charging while warm seems to be a problem for the circuitry in times IME.

I think it means you try to keep it below 80 and above 40 so anywhere in that range is ideal including 50. I wouldn't worry about it too much though I don't think it's really practical to try to keep the battery between 40 and 80 percent. I was just pointing out that it may not be necessary to fully charge and drain the battery not that there's anything wrong with doing that.
No it is more like it has to discharge 50% then charge 50% again to last longer in theory.

If I have to keep the battery between 40% and 80% the discharge is only 40% not the 50% discharge as mentioned earlier in the article

Last edited by a moderator:
HushemFlupskluk,
Reactions: vapviking

Jack_72

My Mighty is almost never entirely discharged but I do charge it up completely though.

Z2ILH1y.jpg

A capsule filled with AVB, hash which was extracted from my iso cleaning jar with my Mighty parts in it every week and in the end (which you can't see on the picture) again a layer of AVB.
In my country weed is super expensive so after buying and vaping my monthly amount I always do kind of a break for a couple of days and only vape those hash capsules. Usually my hash which I gain from cleaning the mighty once or twice a week is pretty strong and has a really good quality. Although the process is not too complicated I could do a quick and easy tut on how you properly do it for the next month if you want me to.
This shit always gets me high as fuck although I guess most of the 'psychedelic' effect is based on the cbd of the hash while most of the thc already should have gotten extracted after smoking the weed!

Modnote: Edited to fix image link

Last edited by a moderator:
Jack_72,
Reactions: dtaxx

Vaporcussion

This is my view for sure. My Mighty will be a great tester for what happens if you give the battery no regard or care at all; I use it everyday, up and down, left and right, plugged in or not, for hours on long trips, I totally abuse it. I'm about 8 months in, zero issues...

JohnDank

im thinking about picking up a mighty. and i was wondering if i pack like .1 to .15 into the bowl and take a few draws then turn it off will the oven still heat up the herb and it will be wasted?

vapviking

Old & In the Way
im thinking about picking up a mighty. and i was wondering if i pack like .1 to .15 into the bowl and take a few draws then turn it off will the oven still heat up the herb and it will be wasted?
Most common is to finish the bowl you have started with Mighty. The conduction type aspect of the chamber continues after you turn it off, so there is some loss and it's not that great to come back to.
If a full bowl, you can turn off and come back later; it's just not the most efficient use.

When doing less than full, put in either oil pad or a 'top screen' atop the material to hold it in place. Swirling material in there doesn't vape as well.
Then there are the dosing caps to help regulate amounts and keep the scene clean...if you order a Mighty, get some of those!

I love Mighty and I don't throw any roadblocks about it. Do it and you'll love it.
I also use Grasshopper(s) which are true convection type vape. You can do half and come back later with this vape. The caveat is not to get just one Hopper if it's your only vape since there are reliability issues.
Best of luck.

Top Bottom