The Mighty/Mighty+ by Storz & Bickel

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Hearing some complaints, I realize I can't bring myself to buy a portable with such poor battery life. I'm hoping a future revision will allow for user replaceable batteries bc I really want this.
You're in the Mighty thread where all we've been talking about is how good the battery life is. We do bemoan the fact that they're not user replaceable and that the cost for replacement is high, but we've yet to hear from anyone who has had to pay for new batteries in a Mighty (that's from my recall of just this forum). I wrote recently that mine is at two years and going very strong. Moderate to heavy use.

Lately tho my better half has taken an interest in it. So we share a few loads most nights watching the tube with our devices aranged around us. Grandma and grandpa stoners, lol.
This is why wife and I often fall asleep in front of tv at about 8:30. Then the grand kids call and want to skype from 3 hours earlier time zone and we 're like, well we're a little sleepy here, but when they call we respond...

sounds awesome! i definitely remember your presence in the thread when i first got my mighty...that would be the shit to have vaping grandparents too lol

...Christmas would definitely be a lot more interesting...as a matter of fact, just adopt me into the family!
My grand kids are, even in my liberal world, too young for this being all 10 and under. But I gave both of my daughters Grasshoppers last year! I want them to have options and choices other than alcohol or tranquilizers when it comes to attitude adjustment.

almost legal

Hi another quick post about the glass MP.
In Europe you can get them from vapefiend as well as others.
I've had my crafty for nearly a year and my mighty for 6 months. One is always with me.
I haven't broke one yet. I broke 2 flowermate MP's in a year of using it.
And on a winter's day it really cools the vapour.

rvp5032

Ive had mine for about 4 months as well using it at least 3-4 times a day and still can get at least 6 20 min sessions all the way to 210C. Vape hasnt skipped a beat. Only thing is Im having trouble cleaning sides of oven. Any suggestions other than qtip with iso?

Bomb33

Lol magic eraser worked for me. I'm paranoid though so used a q tip with a peace of magic eraser and upside down I cleaned the bowl rim. The eraser gives off lots of little white crappie so I'm careful not to get it in the Chamber. Thus upside down lol and try dampening it with iso. 99% works best. Good luck. It's nice when it's back to new. Aside from the Grey rim being tainted slightly. Any tips on how to get that shiny new again?

whatitdew

Vapes R Great
Is there anyone from Canada who has successfully done a crafty to mighty upgrade during RMA return? If so what way did you pay them? Did you ask them for it just in the RMA form, or did you have a email conversation with them first? I usually just send my crafty in without emails when it errors. I put all info on the RMA form. I think I want to upgrade if it messes up again.

I sent in a crafty with cracked housing over Christmas time for a friend. I had no idea when or where it was purchased. I just made up a date and said it was a gift. In the notes on the bottom of the RMA I wrote "cracked housing would like to upgrade to Mighty"

Got a reply when it was ready for a invoice of $60usd
Whole process took almost a month during the busy holiday season.

I own a Mighty that is used on average 8 times per day every day for about 16 months now as a serious medical user. Still going strong. I use the capsules all the time now. I will send it in for a battery change and maintenance right before the 2 year warranty is up.

rvp5032

Lol magic eraser worked for me. I'm paranoid though so used a q tip with a peace of magic eraser and upside down I cleaned the bowl rim. The eraser gives off lots of little white crappie so I'm careful not to get it in the Chamber. Thus upside down lol and try dampening it with iso. 99% works best. Good luck. It's nice when it's back to new. Aside from the Grey rim being tainted slightly. Any tips on how to get that shiny new again?
Thanks for the tip. Seems were in the same boat as the qtip with iso does get some off but cant get it back to new. The screen i put on top of the herb scratched up the side pretty good as well so itll never be perfectly new again. I was upset at first but dont see any decrease in performance just a fan of keeping my tools nice.

This forum has me really debating getting a glass mouthpiece. Only thing Im not a fan of is hearing it doesnt perfectly fit in like the plastic. Is residue buildup worse on the glass as id imagine it would be.

Cheers guys thanks for this great forum

whatitdew

Vapes R Great
@rvp5032 Clean your oven when it is still warm. I just use a alcohol swab while holding the Mighty upside down. I always buy a box of the swabs at the drug store when I buy %99 Iso. They come in handy a lot, also I use them to clean reclaim off the dosing capsule lids.

almost legal

Well would you believe it, came back from walking the dog and the missus has bust he MP on the crafty "it just fell out". It fell about 4 foot onto tiles. Lucky I had a spare.
So vapefiend are doing them for 8.99 pounds and vaposhop is 12.50 euro. Well pricey for a little bit of glass and 2 silicone seals (why can we not get 2 mp´s?).
The only question for me though is wether just to buy enough mp´s to get the free shipping or wether I should get some other goodies aswell as the mp. I wouldn´t want to have to go back to that flat plastic mp.

This forum has me really debating getting a glass mouthpiece. Only thing Im not a fan of is hearing it doesnt perfectly fit in like the plastic. Is residue buildup worse on the glass as id imagine it would be.

Residue build up does happen, when the glass starts to get a bit brown for me it´s time to clean my cu, usually about once or twice a month. I have no idea what build up is like on the plastic mp.

Vaporcussion

Amazing that magic eraser hasn't come out in q-tip size on a stick.... you heard it here first :tup:

I dropped my Mighty with the glass mp; nothing happened, except I didn't realize the orange poker popped out till the next day, so I lost that. I keep the reg mp with extra screens in my Ryot case just in case.

6 months with Mighty, used constantly, relentlessly, zero issues

TboneToker

Do you think it's possible to have any attachment allow the mighty to fill a volcano bag?

well you must know first that the mighty is portable while the herbalizer isn't, if that's a factor to you then it's not worth it.

The Herbie will taste better, reach the temp you desire faster, it's a bit harder to keep pristine clean as there's lots of white used on the face of the unit. The bags aren't very great (the taste and volume of vapour is but it'll take about 90 seconds or 120 seconds to fill a bag so if you want a vape for bags the volcano is still awesome as it fills bags in under or around 30 seconds maybe 20 depending on the size.

The herbalizer would be a better home unit than the mighty.

well you must know first that the mighty is portable while the herbalizer isn't, if that's a factor to you then it's not worth it.

The Herbie will taste better, reach the temp you desire faster, it's a bit harder to keep pristine clean as there's lots of white used on the face of the unit. The bags aren't very great (the taste and volume of vapour is but it'll take about 90 seconds or 120 seconds to fill a bag so if you want a vape for bags the volcano is still awesome as it fills bags in under or around 30 seconds maybe 20 depending on the size.

The herbalizer would be a better home unit than the mighty.
So for taste department scale of 10. What do you rate mighty and Herbalizer? Thanks

diandiandian,

TboneToker

So for taste department scale of 10. What do you rate mighty and Herbalizer? Thanks

To be fair I haven't used the herbie but I own an Aromed 4.0 which also uses a halogen bulb and the cloud evo which I find tastes just as good.

I rate the Evo and Aromed 9 or 9.5/10 because you taste all of the flower all of it! SOOO GOOD, I am not joking, it's so delicious sometimes that I say out loud "wow I've never tasted anything this good". It can actually taste better than great food.

The Mighty is better than lots of desktop vapes, but not the top tier ones in flavour, it's definitely pretty close to the potency of the evo, but not quite matching.

The mighty I'd rate a 8 for vapor quality, it's also super tasty at times it surprises me, but it's not every single time. The evo is a fresh hit every time the way I use it, so it's very good. The

To be fair I haven't used the herbie but I own an Aromed 4.0 which also uses a halogen bulb and the cloud evo which I find tastes just as good.

I rate the Evo and Aromed 9 or 9.5/10 because you taste all of the flower all of it! SOOO GOOD, I am not joking, it's so delicious sometimes that I say out loud "wow I've never tasted anything this good". It can actually taste better than great food.

The Mighty is better than lots of desktop vapes, but not the top tier ones in flavour, it's definitely pretty close to the potency of the evo, but not quite matching.

The mighty I'd rate a 8 for vapor quality, it's also super tasty at times it surprises me, but it's not every single time. The evo is a fresh hit every time the way I use it, so it's very good. The
Sounds like halogen bulb really provide a different experience.

diandiandian,

TboneToker

Sounds like halogen bulb really provide a different experience.
The evo doesn't have a halogen bulb.

It's mostly just the extraction methods.. I notice that the evo gets a lot more of the medicine and cannabinoids off all at once, comparing that to the volcano which will generally take me a bag or two, the evo works with just one draw generally.

I do think that halogen bulbs are the best because they heat up quickly and it's a very pure flavour, but the reason the evo matches or even surpasses the Aromed and it's halogen is because the evo uses a fully glass pathway and there's a ceramic coil around it so the heat is never directly touching your herb. This creates a delicious flavour and the evo is able to keep up with your draw.

I feel the herbalizer would be quite similar in many ways to the evo except I'm not sure if the herbalizer can keep up with your draw the same way as the evo, but you have fan assist so it shouldn't matter!

TboneToker,
The evo doesn't have a halogen bulb.

It's mostly just the extraction methods.. I notice that the evo gets a lot more of the medicine and cannabinoids off all at once, comparing that to the volcano which will generally take me a bag or two, the evo works with just one draw generally.

I do think that halogen bulbs are the best because they heat up quickly and it's a very pure flavour, but the reason the evo matches or even surpasses the Aromed and it's halogen is because the evo uses a fully glass pathway and there's a ceramic coil around it so the heat is never directly touching your herb. This creates a delicious flavour and the evo is able to keep up with your draw.

I feel the herbalizer would be quite similar in many ways to the evo except I'm not sure if the herbalizer can keep up with your draw the same way as the evo, but you have fan assist so it shouldn't matter!
I already have my sticky Brick is my back up or portable, so that's why I am struggling mighty or herbie at this point. I feel like I use more herb with my mighty compare to volcano. Not sure why.

diandiandian,

TboneToker

The Mighty uses more I'd say because we don't always finish the bowl completely, at least that's how I am.

Desktops tend to be more efficient, especially top tier ones like the Cloud Evo, or Log vapes like e-nano

TboneToker,
The Mighty uses more I'd say because we don't always finish the bowl completely, at least that's how I am.

Desktops tend to be more efficient, especially top tier ones like the Cloud Evo, or Log vapes like e-nano
Right, I think I might get rid of the mighty. So the question is volcano or herbie now.

diandiandian,

TboneToker

If you like whips/direct draw, herbie, if you like bags, volcano. If you want something else check out the Vapexhale Cloud Evo.

If you're a clutz I'd say go with the volcano or herbie.

Herbie has a better temperature range which works well than the volcano does, so at around 335 degrees, Herbie will perform better than the Volcano and also at higher temperatures, Herbie will be less harsh, possibly due to the halogen heating, I am not sure the exact reasons.

TboneToker

The flavour is almost the same in the temperature ranges of 350-385 (the main area you'll probably use) but the herbie will be a tad better. Though you'll be forced to wait about 90-120 seconds per bag from the herbie while the volcano fills them in 20-30 seconds which does actually matter to certain people.

Yes, the volcano easy valve will fit on the herbie and they're higher quality bags but you'll have to hold the bag so it doesn't fly off for the 90 seconds or so. Herbie's stock bags will hold on by themselves but aren't the same quality.

Herbie has a better temperature range which works better than the volcano does, so at around 335 degrees, Herbie will perform better than the Volcano and also at higher temperatures, Herbie will be less harsh, possibly due to the halogen heating, I am not sure the exact reasons.

TboneToker,
Top Bottom