The Mighty/Mighty+ by Storz & Bickel

biohacker

The issue you guys are having seems eerily similar to what I was experiencing when I had a Crafty. I sent it in and upgraded to the Mighty. I haven't had that issue since. Maybe reach out to S&B and see what they say about it.

What went down with your crafty?

Looks like the vibration has completely stopped working now!

biohacker,

Bomb33

Maybe it's the dust from the extra dry bud and residual from the vaped bud? Clogging the bowl thus insufficiency?? I just cleaned mine after weeks lol and I had some build up... just an idea.

Bomb33,

Receptor

Yeah maybe but it gets up to temp on the LCD. Just seems like full heat isn't getting to the bowl. I changed out the bowl seal ring but no difference.

Sounds like the batteries have weakened? Have a early model #300's, 25 months, approx.
550 hrs., 1400 >1800 bowls. I notice my batts take 1 hr to fully charge or less and depletion rate is faster.
Still functional....so far. Have a back up and others + minivap on the way for this DeadHead!,

Last edited:

cloudsosmoke

re ideas for new mightys

ive found if you dont go over crafty factory setting max temp 195c/383f
the plastic part at the top of the bowl seems to stay whiter for longer

my crafty is dark and yellow from high temps but younger mighty which has never been over the max temp still looks fairly pale for its age (..to me anyway)

i know many on FC prefer to use higher temps

and the difference is really only cosmetic

so i guess you can decide for yourself

Have a back up and others + minivap on the way for this DeadHead!,

im not a DeadHead
but i couldnt help noticing there are 10,883 Grateful Dead concerts on the internet archive - free to download

https://archive.org/details/GratefulDead&tab=collection

(..hope thats a new source for you)

Bomb33

From reading on here probably cause a lot of people use a bubbler or some kind of mod with it so they use the highest Temps. I'm new but I use the technique of increasing starting at 170 going to 190. Curious to see others settings.

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
Well I disagree. Threads on FC run the gamut regarding temps including this one. I defy anyone to tell me there are a majority of contributors here who enjoy any kind of temps or load sizes for that matter.

Elbuort19

Sounds like the batteries have weakened? Have a early model #300's, 25 months, approx.
550 hrs., 1400 >1800 bowls. I notice my batts take 1 hr to fully charge or less and depletion rate is faster.
Still functional....so far. Have a back up and others + minivap on the way for this DeadHead!,

Could be weak batteries but change intervals appear the same. Perhaps symptoms will get worse as time goes on. If I do notice an issue with the batteries anytime soon that would indicate the problem.
Minivap is one I'd like to try...can I borrow yours next week? lol

Elbuort19,

cloudsosmoke

@t-dub

probly need to work on my wording lol

'i know many on FC prefer to use higher temps'
should maybe have been
'i have read lots of comments on FC by ppl who prefer to use higher temps'

.. ive been enjoying the wide variety of opinions here
it helps me think outside my box
and that helps me learn even more new stuff

biohacker

He didn't say majority, he said many. Or did I miss something?

Nope you got it. Many people on FC do prefer higher temps, myself included! 210c through glass baby!

probly need to work on my wording lol

'i know many on FC prefer to use higher temps'
should maybe have been
'i have read lots of comments on FC by ppl who prefer to use higher temps'

Nope your wording is fine dude! You were right, your original comment was fine. It was misconstrued that's all (I hope).

Baron23

Well I disagree. Threads on FC run the gamut regarding temps including this one. I defy anyone to tell me there are a majority of contributors here who enjoy any kind of temps or load sizes for that matter.
@t-dub, my friend....I think he said many...not a majority. 'Many' is pretty wide open and anecdotal. While I agree that we are all over the map in terms of what we want, how we use vapes, what temps, etc it does seem to me that from my readings there are some/many who do like higher temps.

Ok, out of this dog fight now! haha:wave:

CanadianFlowers

Vapor Enthusiast
Regarding high temps, how long dyou guys hold the tokes in for? when i blast off on 210c three seconds seems more than enough :nod: (while using dosing capsuls)

CanadianFlowers,
Reactions: blackstone

ChooChooCharlie

...I'm new but I use the technique of increasing starting at 170 going to 190. Curious to see others settings.

I still use two temps like on Crafty, 180 then 195.
A bit annoying to lower temp back to 180 before shutting down.

Wish Mighty had Crafty's starting temp memory and simple boost.
According to the manual for Mighty Medic, that model has Crafty's boost feature.
@cloudsosmoke posted link before. IMO, great feature for all users, not just med.

ChooChooCharlie,
Reactions: blackstone

Bomb33

Holding it in is fine but as long as it gets chased with some cool fresh air I'm good. Higher temp must irritate my lung cause it's hotter and also more terps and all the other fun stuff lol. I see why people are suggesting the bubbler now. But for now just the mighty for me. Also depends on the quality of herb too.

jim-bob

My mighty has boost! I've been a crafty guy for the past two years, but picked up a mighty during the post-thanksgiving madness.
I started off at 365, like on crafty, and then, just like on crafty, i double-tapped the power button, not really thinking about it. The 'desired temp' number started flashing and jumped to 383.

I've been playing around with it and a double-tap will pretty consistently engage boost mode - it seems to remember the last difference between normal and boost and apply it to the normal temperature.
Here's a relevant page from the manual - it's a bit messily written but confirms my experience:
b0zc0rg.png

whatitdew

Vapes R Great
I normally start at 190 then kick it up to 195 after a few and then finish at 198-200c

With the dosing caps I usually go a little lower with the added conduction.

Some strains I dont like to start too low as the flavour profile can be almost overwhelming at the lower temps.

The other day I cleaned my friends Mighty, he said he had never cleaned the CU once in the year he has had his lol. I had to sit him down and show him the ropes. Ended up getting him a few extra CUs since I don't think he will change his ways much haha.

mas300

I normally start at 190 then kick it up to 195 after a few and then finish at 198-200c

With the dosing caps I usually go a little lower with the added conduction.

Some strains I dont like to start too low as the flavour profile can be almost overwhelming at the lower temps.

The other day I cleaned my friends Mighty, he said he had never cleaned the CU once in the year he has had his lol. I had to sit him down and show him the ropes. Ended up getting him a few extra CUs since I don't think he will change his ways much haha.
The best temp settings are to start out at 175 and go up in 5 degree intervals. This is the perfect balance of efficiency and flavor.

Vaporcussion

My mighty has boost!

Since S&B likes to drop incremental improvements with no fanfare, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, as your Mighty was bought 2 weeks ago. Does it boost consistently? With the Crafty, it was default at +18F, exactly what you described. How would you change that? Would love to see a video of this happening! Also, someone else mentioned the Mighty should memorize the (last) starting temp; I think that's a great idea.

Notice how much cooler to the touch your Mighty is? Instead of holding it touching the heater and one overworked battery, your hand cradles two cooler running batteries, with the heater suspended in the middle! It's like, THIS is the actual product, as intended :)

Excellent point! I've noticed the "wet tickle at back of throat" sometimes goes away at a slightly hotter temp. I must say, after experiencing the low terms on my FF2 (best ever), I've started to vape super low with the Mighty, 160-180. But certain strains are more pleasing at low temps than others.

Vaporcussion,

jim-bob

Since S&B likes to drop incremental improvements with no fanfare, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, as your Mighty was bought 2 weeks ago. Does it boost consistently? With the Crafty, it was default at +18F, exactly what you described. How would you change that? Would love to see a video of this happening! Also, someone else mentioned the Mighty should memorize the (last) starting temp; I think that's a great idea.

Notice how much cooler to the touch your Mighty is? Instead of holding it touching the heater and one overworked battery, your hand cradles two cooler running batteries, with the heater suspended in the middle! It's like, THIS is the actual product, as intended :)

Excellent point! I've noticed the "wet tickle at back of throat" sometimes goes away at a slightly hotter temp. I must say, after experiencing the low terms on my FF2 (best ever), I've started to vape super low with the Mighty, 160-180. But certain strains are more pleasing at low temps than others.
Trust me, i've got no reason to make this up.
It boosts at whatever I last set the delta to (if it was 370 and I set the boost temp to 385, the next time i engaged boost it would add 15 degrees to the set temp). I've been playing with it this morning and it's consistent and repeatable. S/N is MY8XWxxx
This unit turns on at whatever I last set the base temp to, not the boost temp. The only weird thing I'm finding is that the only way i've seen to get out of boost is to shut the unit off.

Top Bottom