The Mighty/Mighty+ by Storz & Bickel

ktmstick

It seems to work good, I thought it was a bit airy at 180C. But if I start it 12 or 15 degrees C higher it seems to replicate my normal use.
All in, a great way to use them on the move!
Did you notice more sticky goo at the tops? I did but maybe its CU cleaning time again !

I agree the more non herb mass in the chamber the higher the initial temp needs to be. I think you could back it down after 2nd pull but I just set to 205 and go nuts.

I had a shit day yesterday, bearing on tractor prop shaft gave out when I was hauling livestock about. When I was underneath tractor my phone fell out pocket then I proceeded to run it over when driving off. I got in the house grabbed my mighty and a capsule with liquid pad in and took a bud and pulled 8-10 bits off and stuffed in capsule. Gave me about 12 decent pulls. I think I'm gonna experiment with not so finely ground stuff.

I think its been mentioned before, Once you get it out and put a clean screen back you can been one of the edges and leave it slightly raised, this will make it easier to put back next time of round.

Also invest in one of those tools that have and tip as @t-dub mentions, it makes life a whole lot easier, as the angle lets you slide the tool underneath the screen without scraping the chamber. I use one of these.

You can be innovative, I used the tip of a nail once, once only as later I realized I was scrapping the inside of the chamber, a needle sounds good, but Im too clumsy and I might end up sticking myself with it.

I think I will go with one of those. It's from the same site that sells the ceramic screens. Just to clarify, I use the screens exactly the same as the liquid pad correct? I'm assuming this is for improving flavor. I think people mentioned that with the screens, you also don't need the cooling unit screen anymore. Any reason why people remove that?

RangerDanger,

blackstone

Honestly, you would only need to take the bottom screen out after a very long time of use. I wouldn't care if I needed to put in a new screen by that point. I just care about what makes it the easiest to take it out. I guess I'll look into sewing needles.

Sorry I didn't get my point across in that post at all.
I wasn't lamenting about damage to my old screen, but trying to point out that by pulling from one edge, I managed to wedge the screen really badly in the bowl causing heavy scratches.
It left me thinking "that was surely not the correct removal method"!
Next time I think I'll use that method of forming the screen to the "donut" shape below it.

I agree the more non herb mass in the chamber the higher the initial temp needs to be. I think you could back it down after 2nd pull but I just set to 205 and go nuts.

I had a shit day yesterday, bearing on tractor prop shaft gave out when I was hauling livestock about. When I was underneath tractor my phone fell out pocket then I proceeded to run it over when driving off. I got in the house grabbed my mighty and a capsule with liquid pad in and took a bud and pulled 8-10 bits off and stuffed in capsule. Gave me about 12 decent pulls. I think I'm gonna experiment with not so finely ground stuff.

Sorry to hear of your phone, at least it will be peaceful now! I thought the Mighty got a slap. Mind that machinery!

These capsules will be great for stressful times or when you're in a rush, pre-loading, reloading while hot, and anything you put in them gets vaped even if it's loose flying around!
I've been playing with homemade domed screens in the capsule bottoms and it's looking very promising.
Small loads, held steady in transit, and very good taste! Even at 180 degrees lol
No long waiting for the steel mass to cool down either.

blackstone,

Mr. Me2

I think its been mentioned before, Once you get it out and put a clean screen back you can been one of the edges and leave it slightly raised, this will make it easier to put back next time of round.

Also invest in one of those tools that have and tip as @t-dub mentions, it makes life a whole lot easier, as the angle lets you slide the tool underneath the screen without scraping the chamber. I use one of these.

You can be innovative, I used the tip of a nail once, once only as later I realized I was scrapping the inside of the chamber, a needle sounds good, but Im too clumsy and I might end up sticking myself with it.
I wonder if the tweezers I got for the gh (see the gh resources thread) will work. I bet it will, though I really like the look of the dental tool.

Mr. Me2,

vapviking

Old & In the Way

I use that same exact dental tool (like your linked photo) for bottom screen removal. My local hardware store has had a small bucket of those on the windowsill behind the register for about 30 years. I've also used it to tighten Grasshopper's screen, though a two pronged tool will work better for that screwed-in type of screen. I use the butt end of it to install Pax2 screen, to press it into place. I think everybody's 'kitchen drawer' should contain one of these, but I'm a tinkerer, so...
Oh, it's my c/u reclaim scraper, too, though I've been favoring just quick frequent iso soaks lately with no reclaiming.
Using dosing caps (for flowers) has helped keep the bottom screen and bowl clean. Because the caps seem to leave the bowl a little stickier than native use (and the caps' lids get sticky too, right?) I give the bowl a quick wipe with iso and sometimes use magic eraser with tiny bit of iso to gently clean the screen in place - not so much rubbing as blotting it, to wet it and absorb the oily. Rarely, I'll pull the screen and replace, just sorta on general principle...

On another note-
I've been using Mighty (previously Crafty's) as main vape (like, all day every day) for about a year and a half. Also own Pax 2, and recently received a couple of Grasshoppers. Wife and I will be at a beach house all next week and I cannot believe we are strongly considering leaving Mighty home. It's like not bringing the family dog or something (and I don't even currently have a dog)!

Mr. Me2

I use that same exact dental tool (like your linked photo) for bottom screen removal. My local hardware store has had a small bucket of those on the windowsill behind the register for about 30 years. I've also used it to tighten Grasshopper's screen, though a two pronged tool will work better for that screwed-in type of screen. I use the butt end of it to install Pax2 screen, to press it into place. I think everybody's 'kitchen drawer' should contain one of these, but I'm a tinkerer, so...
Oh, it's my c/u reclaim scraper, too, though I've been favoring just quick frequent iso soaks lately with no reclaiming.
Using dosing caps (for flowers) has helped keep the bottom screen and bowl clean. Because the caps seem to leave the bowl a little stickier than native use (and the caps' lids get sticky too, right?) I give the bowl a quick wipe with iso and sometimes use magic eraser with tiny bit of iso to gently clean the screen in place - not so much rubbing as blotting it, to wet it and absorb the oily. Rarely, I'll pull the screen and replace, just sorta on general principle...

On another note-
I've been using Mighty (previously Crafty's) as main vape (like, all day every day) for about a year and a half. Also own Pax 2, and recently received a couple of Grasshoppers. Wife and I will be at a beach house all next week and I cannot believe we are strongly considering leaving Mighty home. It's like not bringing the family dog or something (and I don't even currently have a dog)!
I have almost the same lineup, but my Crafty and pax2 have been gathering dust lately while I continue on my gh honeymoon.

I think those 3 provide a great variety for vaping. Each has its own strength.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
I have almost the same lineup, but my Crafty and pax2 have been gathering dust lately while I continue on my gh honeymoon.

I think those 3 provide a great variety for vaping. Each has its own strength.
Yes, each has it's strong points. But do I need to travel with all three? Mighty seems to be losing out in this balancing act. It will be fun to come home to; hook up the water and rest up from vacation!
Do I have a first world problem on my hands here, or what? :nod:

Mr. Me2

Yes, each has it's strong points. But do I need to travel with all three? Mighty seems to be losing out in this balancing act. It will be fun to come home to; hook up the water and rest up from vacation!
Do I have a first world problem on my hands here, or what? :nod:
So tough to choose. Don't forget your chargers!

Mr. Me2,

Kasish

Honestly, you would only need to take the bottom screen out after a very long time of use. I wouldn't care if I needed to put in a new screen by that point. I just care about what makes it the easiest to take it out. I guess I'll look into sewing needles.
Maybe im high as fuck and didnt understand the question if so im sry, anyhow there is a built in method u push the screen down into the curves from all sides it makes it smaller and then just falls out..

queefermadness

I love the mighty but my favorite thing about it is effect. I'm not sure exactly why but it gets me in the strongest, cleanest medicated state of any vaporizer. Also, unlike the crafty, the mighty has been a beast for me. About a year now charging once a day, at least, and still working flawless...

dusdat

can you guys give me some advice please?

I just dropped my mighty, hard too :( it slipped out my hand :(

now it rattles a bit when I move/shake the mighty,
also the housing opened up a little bit on top (on the middle split line),
and now my mighty makes some sound when I turn it on (it still heats up) and the sound stays a bit after I turn it off.

Very probably the housing damages will not be covered by warranty, but the sound maybe is?

Should I just continue using my mighty until it truly breaks?

Last edited:
dusdat,

newVaper420

Vapor Enthusiast

and now my mighty makes some sound when I turn it on (it still heats up) and the sound stays a bit after I turn it off.

Very probably the housing damages will not be covered by warranty, but the sound maybe is?

I don't know. The sound concerns me. I would probably just pay to have it fixed.

MonkeyTime

What sort of sound when it's heating?

The rattle could be at the power button, they've had issues with both the Crafty and Mighty and my second Crafty had that issue. Button felt mushy and no longer worked at the end and it rattled, but you could almost feel it and definitely hear it near the button.

As for the split on top, that too has been mentioned, but as a result of muz-mod over tightening usually.

Unless it's your only vape, I'd send 'er in. You're dealing with very high temps in a small, hand held area that you breath thru.....

MonkeyTime,

queefermadness

My mighty makes a slight rattle when shaken. It also makes a ticking noise as it heats up and cools off...works flawlessly tho.

Likely not covered under warranty so as long as it's functioning properly I wouldn't worry about it ...✌️

queefermadness,

cloudsosmoke

hey @ChooChooCharlie

they didnt have them when i was growing up in 60s/70s
but nowadays independent pound shops are plentiful in uk

theyre usually aladdin's cave squeezed into small shop
each one is slightly different

good fun to browse ..although its quicker to just ask

i noticed the size for the recently mentioned
vapor brothers ceramic screen is 0.625 inches
normally i think it would have been described as 5/8"
..so you guys in US are beginning to use the metric system?

(i think your schoolkids might thank you
..metric is a very straightforward system)

i think i must have gone off on a bit of a transatlantic comparison here

so to finish off quickly..

when im trying to understanding US culture
eg when im posting on a mostly US forum like this one
i try to remember ideas like this one..

In The Canterville Ghost (1887) Wilde wrote: 'We have really everything in common with America nowadays except, of course, language.'

lol

Last edited:

MonkeyTime

Appologize
hey @ChooChooCharlie

they didnt have them when i was growing up in 60s/70s
but nowadays independent pound shops are plentiful in uk

theyre usually aladdin's cave squeezed into small shop
each one is slightly different

good fun to browse ..although its quicker to just ask

i noticed the size for the recently mentioned
vapor brothers ceramic screen is 0.625 inches
normally i think it would have been described as 5/8"
..so you guys in US are beginning to use the metric system?

(i think your schoolkids might thank you
..metric is a very straightforward system)

i think i must have gone off on a bit of a transatlantic comparison here

so to finish off quickly..

when im trying to understanding US culture
eg when im posting on a mostly US forum like this one
i try to remember ideas like this one..

In The Canterville Ghost (1887) Wilde wrote: 'We have really everything in common with America nowadays except, of course, language.'

lol
Apologize for continuing the off-topic, but gotta chime I'm on this.

I'm approaching 50, and even in grade school I got the basics taught to me for the metric system. My kids have also, but not much more than I did. On the other hand, manufacturing and importing in this country has changed dramatically. We import much more now and I see it there all the time.

I don't know how you feel, and FC is not a typical forum, but in the past I was heavy into a UK phone forum and found them so much more welcoming. Like here, small flare ups with disagreements, but nothing more, I find many are more like Reddit, can get brutal.

I've learned so much here, I love being able to give back. We're all family chasing clouds together :leaf:

dusdat

@MonkeyTime the sound it makes is like a continious peepish sound, comparable with the sound power adapaters sometimes make if you listen closely.

the volume is quite low though, I can only hear it when I press my ear against the unit or when I'm in a silent room.

today I used it so far without any noticable changes, but still in doubt if I should sent it in though...

Dramma Lamma

Looks like a job for!
My flashlight from day one makes a noise from its electrical resistance/whatnot.
Never bothered to try and notice till now, but I can hear my mighty chirp in a similar manor.

So quiet you only can hear in a silent room, while up against my ear like a phone.
Even a PC fan is enough to drown it out, super quiet.

What is more odd to me is that my mighty has been sitting there for a few weeks fully charged and even when I turn the device off I can hear it. How is something causing a noise not slowly draining the battery? Is it a capacitor? Does the mighty have a capacitor, anyone got pics to a full tear-down?

The flashlight does not make it's noise when turned off.

You know what is one of the most killer things about this device nothing else (other than a S&B vape) I have tried can do so well?

It evenly vapes mixed bowls of different herb flawlessly.

I can put the driest dust in a salad with good cured herb and super moist herb, the AVB always comes out super evenly roasted. Try that in any non S&B vape.

MonkeyTime

@MonkeyTime the sound it makes is like a continious peepish sound, comparable with the sound power adapaters sometimes make if you listen closely.

the volume is quite low though, I can only hear it when I press my ear against the unit or when I'm in a silent room.

today I used it so far without any noticable changes, but still in doubt if I should sent it in though...
You may just have a little more access to that sound with the shell separating? As in its making the same sound it always has, but the case being split on top doesn't contain the sound as much?

I probably should have prefaced my last response with a note about myself.... I have learned that I much prefer to buy what I like/need and not skimp, and then take really good care of it. I throw a multi meter on new tools so I can verify somethings changed later as an example. For me, sending it in would be my first response because of my personal OCD lol.

dusdat

@Dramma Lamma mine doesn't make the sound when turned off, only for a minute or so, after that its completely quiet.

Do other users also hear this electric sound when you hold your mighty against your ear? Or is it completely silent??

blackstone

Mine makes that noise too since the start, a strange quiet digital transmission. Although I did drop mine too when I first got it!

I was also browsing for cheap UK postage on the ceramic screens, and I found these..
$T2eC16JHJGoE9nuQeV2lBRJ7I)CMgw~~60_35.JPG

http://www.ebay.com/itm/5-X-15mm-PI...486511?hash=item3381d3ffaf:g:XdoAAOxyQj9RJ7Ix

Also available in 12mm. Yes they are stainless steel not ceramic but interesting all the same.
Then I thought they look like the capsule lids, so it turns out if you flip a capsule lid upside down it works pretty good in the Mighty bowl.
You could also trim the edges a bit but some might prefer the idea of the stainless steel, or ceramic items.

Just to clarify, I use the screens exactly the same as the liquid pad correct? I'm assuming this is for improving flavor. I think people mentioned that with the screens, you also don't need the cooling unit screen anymore. Any reason why people remove that?

Yes, some don't like the liquid pads effect on taste. So some use a normal screen, but this can lift with airflow or move about.
So you either add weight/bulk to it, or get a heavier screen.
Another bonus to this is that it might follow the load downwards, and keep a constant load on the material as it shrinks while being vaped.
And ceramic is said to have little to no effects on taste, along with glass and a few other materials.
I think with a good screen you might get away with removing the top screen, but I don't know if it's possible with these "round hole" type screens. You get a bit of material passing through the holes in the capsules sometimes so... who knows?
One reason people would remove it is to decrease draw resistance. Or just to eliminate pointless obstructions. I know S&B Volcano literature gives similar advice about removing a top screen if your using liquid pad all the time.
Or maybe they do it because the top screen falls apart with normal use, and they're fed up with it looking terrible haha!
Have fun when you get your new screens!

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Damn, I should buy a Mighty.

I wish you were having better luck with your gh's, but the Crafty/Mighty is a great companion for you vape family.

I was nearly going to leave Mighty home when wife and I go away for a week vacation, instead taking two new Grasshoppers and a Pax2 (in case a session opportunity presented itself). Then, yesterday one of the Hoppers went to lights of death and that's all she wrote. How would it feel if Hopper #2 died, leaving us with a Pax2, knowing Mighty was laying idle?

My plans about bringing Mighty have changed and my appreciation for this steady workhorse has been renewed.

Top Bottom