The Mighty/Mighty+ by Storz & Bickel

nb8475

He said he paid $27 CAD, no idea where they'd get $40 CAD.

The issue here isn't S&B or the government it's that UPS are fuckers and randomly charge exorbitant "brokerage fees" for carrying things over the border. I always thought carrying it over the border was part of what you're paying for with the shipping fees but they sometimes like to pretend they're ticketmaster.

Strangely I also paid $27 CAD for a magazine and some caps and had my ordered shipped UPS from S&B Germany. No extra charges for me though. They didn't even knock on my door, they just shoved it through the mail slot and left.

don't know why they did it, but i see how they got 40$ CAD. A couple of reasons for it might have been

1) different package value declaration
2) different ups rules
3) different canada rules

nb8475,

rodders83

Guys where the hell did the Mighty fine Screen set go!?! It has vanished from thier website they now only stock the normal and assortment. But the normal looks like fine erm im pretty sure three sizes existed and you need a fine in the bottom the replace it like for like.

If they think im paying for assortment to get two for 4.40 Euro when Herborizer sell superior material and large screens for 1.90 euro i think they might have trouble on thier hands. Because i need to re-order some for the bottom of the Mighty for future replacements. There is no way in hell ill buy an assortment when i only want the fine. Grr!!

nb8475

Hey guys what is the best place to get a mighty? Meaning lowest price. Good rep, ect. Thanks for the help you guys.

Supposedly, S&B makes retailers fix their prices so they don't get undercut, like Apple does. But in practice this isn't the case, as I any many other users I'm sure received discounts from other sites. I can vouch for vapenation, and I always great things about Puffitup from users here and elsewhere.

cloudsosmoke

@rodders83

i only recently got some crafty 'fine screens' from S&B
thats what it says on the bag
..but youre right - they dont have them on their website anymore
(crafty or mighty)

..but i think maybe there were only ever two types..

so that would mean all that happened was they recently renamed them from fine to normal
and - like you say - thats what they look like

on a completely useless note ..you can get x6 'coarse screens' on vapormed

@Techn!d0n

re buying mighty

you can go direct to S&B - they have great (but completely uncommunicative) warranty service
if thats all you want

if you want progress reports someone mentioned recently maybe a good vape shop would have a regular contact at S&B who will talk to them so then they could update you

(edit : see comment above)

cloudsosmoke,
Reactions: rodders83

rodders83

Hmm what about keeping a Jyarz Classic filled with the ground material? Grind it at home an fill it and simply dip and shake. Or you could look for tweezers in Stainless Steel and use it to hold the capsule and dip and shake.

You could easily keep a tweezer and bud inside a Jyarz classic and fill away. Heck if you used kief you could pack in more than a battery could ever vape in one go i reckon, Or that one man could handle. I wanna see someone vape an entire classic filled with kief in a day!

rodders83,

Vital

Hmm what about keeping a Jyarz Classic filled with the ground material? Grind it at home an fill it and simply dip and shake. Or you could look for tweezers in Stainless Steel and use it to hold the capsule and dip and shake.

You could easily keep a tweezer and bud inside a Jyarz classic and fill away. Heck if you used kief you could pack in more than a battery could ever vape in one go i reckon, Or that one man could handle. I wanna see someone vape an entire classic filled with kief in a day!

Those are some good ideas...Thank you. I'm wondering if S&B has any instructions, or if anyone in here has come up with a better way than just filling them one at a time.

Vital,

greenmunster

Those are some good ideas...Thank you. I'm wondering if S&B has any instructions, or if anyone in here has come up with a better way than just filling them one at a time.

How many capsules are you trying to fill at once?

greenmunster,

Eatrocks

I use the jyarz classic to fill the mighty chamber, it's the right size to do so in just a few seconds. Shoo...the classic will hold about a 8th ground up and pressed down.

Eatrocks,

cloudsosmoke

lm using this cigarette case to store caps

Jack_Daniels_Black_and_Chrome_Superkings_Cigarette_Case.jpg

its easy open - not a fiddly catch

and you can see if you look carefully at pic flying on the top left.. inside its got a sort of metal er.. pouch
- that means they dont fall out when you open it
the caps slide freely in and out under it

when lid is closed they cant accidentally open

its quite solidly constructed ..so far

im finding it better than magazine for stealth
because it can be opened.. capsules swapped.. and closed
all quite quickly
no screwing involved

i like the idea of re-purposing combustion accessories for vaping - seems right somehow

someone posted pics of an old tobacco pouch
used as smell proof carry case for crafty - looked good to me

Last edited:

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Does anyone know of a fast/easy way to fill the dosing capsules?
Have you tried the funnel lid of the magazine?
After a few tries at other methods and,
At risk of stating the obvious:

I grind up a bunch of material and work out of the grinder.

Lay out as many caps as you'll want on a table, open side up. Take the mag lid funnel and place on top of one. Use small spoon (ss infant spoon, for me) to 'measure' out a caps' worth and place it in the cap --some will spill onto funnel top; push it in to cap and pack lightly with finger. Lift the funnel off and place it on next empty cap. Pick up a lid an place it squarely atop the filled cap. Visually check that lid is seated well as you put it in storage container. I use the magazine and sort different strains into multiple magazines.
This filling method may sound involved, but I've got it down to just a couple of minutes to fill 8 caps. I think filling a cap takes less time than reading this description! Almost no cleanup, since there's no overspill. Hands even stay pretty clean.
This is, btw, more or less the S&B prescribed method. And how much to put in? However much your doctor prescribes!
Dosing caps have, for me, become a good budgeting tool lately as there's been an 'interruption' in supply.

ps. For opening spent caps: regardless of how you grip one, try to ensure that the light gripping pressure applies closer to bottom of cap. The cap's bottom can take some light pressure without caving in like the sidewalls will. If you find resistance as you try to pry the lid off, rotate the cap and look for an easy spot; there almost always is one that will give way easily. If not, reheat a little to loosen resin and try again.

Slow Draw McGraw

Company Rep
Anyone still using magic eraser on their Chamber? Anyone gotten sick from it? Not that I have, but just checking. I throughly clean after wards. I Haven't used it on my Mighty in a while.

Edit: thanks @Vapor King
I suggested the magic eraser for the chamber on another forum and I got a response that pretty much meant don't use magic eraser.

Last edited:

Mr. Me2

Does anyone know of a fast/easy way to fill the dosing capsules?
This sounds like a job for... @Ratchett. I'll bet he could design and print something. You may want to pm him.

I'm guessing you'd like to fill 8 at once. For aid in filling one at a time, you may want to try a salt spoon (if you're not familiar, search eBay, but it's basically a miniature spoon). Very handy tool. I have several and use them all the time.

Vapor King

This sounds like a job for... @Ratchett. I'll bet he could design and print something. You may want to pm him.

I'm guessing you'd like to fill 8 at once. For aid in filling one at a time, you may want to try a salt spoon (if you're not familiar, search eBay, but it's basically a miniature spoon). Very handy tool. I have several and use them all the time.

Why not use the loading tool they come with?? Won't load 8 at a time but will do one at a time....8x

Vapor King,
Reactions: Mr. Me2

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Anyone still using magic eraser on their Chamber? Anyone gotten sick from it? Not that I have, but just checking. I throughly clean after wards. I Haven't used it on my Mighty in a while.

Edit: thanks @Vapor King
I suggested the magic eraser for the chamber on another forum and I got a response that pretty much meant don't use magic eraser.
There are two cautions that I know of about magic erasers.
One is the concern that some amount of the eraser (melamine) may rub off, especially if rubbed against the screen.
Second is a concern about additives in the eraser, like the detergent or whatever that stuff is that you find in a new sponge (and of course you definitely don't want the ones that say they have added detergents). I've found that a lot of magic erasers have some of that milky kind of stuff in and I don't feel good about using those, even after rinsing well. I've been liking Mr. Clean Extra Power (stronger) and give them a good rinse before use. I don't perceive any weird stuff coming out when they're rinsed.
So, I try not to rub hard on the screen, though I don't feel that any eraser is rubbing off anyway. And I try to use Erasers without perceived additives, since some may have unmentioned additives.

But I do use them! With either alcohol or sometimes just water. I use a small piece and use the butt end of the brush to rub it round the chamber.

vapviking,
Top Bottom