The Mighty/Mighty+ by Storz & Bickel

TheMadDabber

I ° The Magician
Does anyone find that when using the mighty, if a slight change of temperature can make all the difference?

So I usually start my session with a fine grind, bowl filled but not tampered and start at 170°c. I dont take deep draws and raise temp by one every 2 pulls. I usually finish at about 176°c.

Today I started at 175°and got up to 180°, while taking alittle deeper lung pulls. Well I didnt feel the vapor hot, but when I finished my session, I felt like I inhaled alot of dust particles an irritation in my lungs, I have felt it all in my upper back, with some sensations.

The avb smelled alittle funny, like in the way to charring side, but wasnt actually charring. funny not like avb should. Im just trying to find out if this is temp related or is it the way that Im storing my bud.

It was really irritating early this morning, but now about 12 hours later its subsidding.

Now, I know the sensible thing to do is either lower the temps or use water filtration. But I want to know, if someone can shed some light.....if there is a slight change of temp and deeper inhalation can this small variable change, make a session less enjoyable?

Im trying to rule out of its how Im storing the bud that has changed the way my body reacts to you. I tried the same bud yesterday and felt great!

BY the way I wash my storage mason jars with high proof grain alcohol, rinse with very warm water and dry. I dont use another cleaning agent because Ive had bad experiences and allergic reacciones to iso, soap, no matter how much I rinsed and dried.
Dont know if the alcohol had leftover sugars or mold might be forming, no visible signs of mold.
Thanks.

Last edited:

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
Does anyone find that when using the mighty, if a slight change of temperature can make all the difference?

So I usually start my session with a fine grind, bowl filled but not tampered and start at 170°c. I dont take deep draws and raise temp by one every 2 pulls. I usually finish at about 176°c.

Today I started at 175°and got up to 180°, while taking alittle deeper lung pulls. Well I didnt feel the vapor hot, but when I finished my session, I felt like I inhaled alot of dust particles an irritation in my lungs, I have felt it all in my upper back, with some sensations.

The avb smelled alittle funny, like in the way to charring side, but wasnt actually charring. funny not like avb should. Im just trying to find out if this is temp related or is it the way that Im storing my bud.

It was really irritating early this morning, but now about 12 hours later its subsidding.

Now, I know the sensible thing to do is either lower the temps or use water filtration. But I want to know, if someone can shed some light.....if there is a slight change of temp and deeper inhalation can this small variable change, make a session less enjoyable?

Im trying to rule out of its how Im storing the bud that has changed the way my body reacts to you. I tried the same bud yesterday and felt great!

BY the way I wash my storage mason jars with high proof grain alcohol, rinse with very warm water and dry. I dont use another cleaning agent because Ive had bad experiences and allergic reacciones to iso, soap, no matter how much I rinsed and dried.
Dont know if the alcohol had leftover sugars or mold might be forming, no visible signs of mold.
Thanks.

Faster inhaling and higher temps will cause greater irritation like you describe. It effects me the same way and I have to really concentrate on drawing really slowly and taking smaller hits if I want higher temps. I find the sweet spot for the Mighty is 365*F on my unit. The flavour fades perfectly evenly with the vapour produced, no nasty taste or burnt popcorn.

Razshiro

I'm about to jump back in on the mighty bandwagon. Dosing caps look cool, anyone using them?

I'm using the capsule for each session now ;

pros: the mighty chamber stay clean and i use a little less product, you can pre-load caps for back to back session or when you're not home (more simple for outdoor)
cons: Session are shorter

vapviking

Old & In the Way

Thanks.
I don't know if others notice, but I believe there's variation from 'bud yo bud' of the same strain, in terms of not just effect, but taste and irritation factor. I'm always a little cautious -with every bowl - until I can tell where it's going, harshness/irritation-wise. And @Winegums makes a good point about taking smaller draws as temps go up.
170 to 176 is not into 'high temperature' vaping territory (and nowhere near charring temp, right?), seem's kinda medium/low to me. As a heavy user, 185-190 is more usual for me, and 205 is what I'll often use with water. I can be irritated (or not!) at any point in these ranges. I happen to like those things that the higher temp releases. To each their own, as far as that goes. I tend to think that if something (mold!) were into your stash, you'd notice it more than on one bowl out of many. There's always the chance that some small foreign matter was in that one bowl...
Hey, springtime, lots of stuff in the air lately, too.

TheMadDabber

I ° The Magician
I don't know if others notice, but I believe there's variation from 'bud yo bud' of the same strain, in terms of not just effect, but taste and irritation factor. I'm always a little cautious -with every bowl - until I can tell where it's going, harshness/irritation-wise. And @Winegums makes a good point about taking smaller draws as temps go up.
170 to 176 is not into 'high temperature' vaping territory (and nowhere near charring temp, right?), seem's kinda medium/low to me. As a heavy user, 185-190 is more usual for me, and 205 is what I'll often use with water. I can be irritated (or not!) at any point in these ranges. I happen to like those things that the higher temp releases. To each their own, as far as that goes. I tend to think that if something (mold!) were into your stash, you'd notice it more than on one bowl out of many. There's always the chance that some small foreign matter was in that one bowl...
Hey, springtime, lots of stuff in the air lately, too.

This is what I mean, its not even in the medium temp range. Yesterday I started at 170°c and finished at 175°c and all was golden. I was really glad. Im just confused how the change in just 5° makes a whole world of difference, granted I was also taking deeper inhalations the first time and also as the mentioned the vaped bud smelled alittle funny, though on yesterdays night session the avb smelled like regular avb and all was great. Woke up this morning no irritation at all.

Also if it was a 1 time thing, I wouldnt have put much thought about it, but it has happened like clockwork before if I set the same variable of 5° degrees more and sometimes nothing happens as well. So Im curious to know what is actually going on because it is annoying as fuck when it happens and kinda defeats the purpose of vaping to relax because I start feeling like Im not catching my breath along with irritation.

To mention this happens indoors with these temps, if I go outside I can have my unit at 180° but then no further.

Last edited:

Justpassedu

I'm about to jump back in on the mighty bandwagon. Dosing caps look cool, anyone using them?
I still got your Mighty buddy , it is just awesome. The dosing capsules work well. I like them for small sessions. 10-15 hits and I am done , they are somewhat a pain to re-open and not really made to be used again according to storz and bickel but I have re-used them a few times now and they stay pretty clean also and keep the Mighty clean.

newVaper420

Vapor Enthusiast
I haven't been really using my Mighty as much because it is a portable and I knew that I would still primarily use my Cloud Evo at home.

Yesterday's session of .13 was not very dense, but definitely blowing clouds. I think I started at 360 or something like that. Very tasty.

But I'm more of a high temp vaper, so I'm gonna start today's session at 380 degress. And I have stuffed more in there. Probably between .2 and .3.

I was close to laying in bed and using it this morning, but I just stood up and used my Cloud EVO. LOL :-)

That is not to say anything negative of the Mighty. I love it. So much better than my original Pax. Hopefully this weekend I'll put it to good use as I have to go to a BBQ on Sunday I think.

shaolinmilk

I haven't been really using my Mighty as much because it is a portable and I knew that I would still primarily use my Cloud Evo at home.

Yesterday's session of .13 was not very dense, but definitely blowing clouds. I think I started at 360 or something like that. Very tasty.

But I'm more of a high temp vaper, so I'm gonna start today's session at 380 degress. And I have stuffed more in there. Probably between .2 and .3.

I was close to laying in bed and using it this morning, but I just stood up and used my Cloud EVO. LOL :-)

That is not to say anything negative of the Mighty. I love it. So much better than my original Pax. Hopefully this weekend I'll put it to good use as I have to go to a BBQ on Sunday I think.
Yeah my Mighty has taken a back seat for the past 6 months or so sinice I got my EVO. It took a bigger hit when the Supreme V3 came in. I've gone from charging the Mighty multiple times a day to once every two days unless it's the weekend and I'm using it non-stop when out and about. The Mighty is still king in my heart however.

nb8475

Hey lads, long time no see. I was a Mighty early adopter (Nov '14) and overall she's treated me great. I use it a lot so, like many of you who I hear have two units :o, I only wanted to have to send it back if only necessary

In the way of issues, the only technical issue I had was the ERR04 message popping up sporadically, but it had subsided.

The main problem then and more recently was that the housing was chipping and splitting, as reported by other users. I begun an RMA request last week and quickly got approved. I shipped it back two days ago.

I've heard brilliant things of Oakland S&B, but I've also heard equally underwhelming things. Basically the two things I'm worried about are

1) Paying
2) Service time

Considering this is my first time sending my Mighty in what do you think I can expect?

Thanks

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Hey lads, long time no see. I was a Mighty early adopter (Nov '14) and overall she's treated me great. I use it a lot so, like many of you who I hear have two units :o, I only wanted to have to send it back if only necessary

In the way of issues, the only technical issue I had was the ERR04 message popping up sporadically, but it had subsided.

The main problem then and more recently was that the housing was chipping and splitting, as reported by other users. I begun an RMA request last week and quickly got approved. I shipped it back two days ago.

I've heard brilliant things of Oakland S&B, but I've also heard equally underwhelming things. Basically the two things I'm worried about are

1) Paying
2) Service time

Considering this is my first time sending my Mighty in what do you think I can expect?

Thanks
Usually they'll turn it around in 2 to 4 days from when they receive it, unless there's some hangup about whether something is covered under warranty. The housing will be covered, given that yours is original design and they have tacitly acknowledged the weaknesses by making some changes to the housing.

At the same time, they may tell you that you might consider a new battery at this time, for like 90 bucks. Either this or they might simply send you a new, boxed Mighty.
Did you notice it taking any longer to reach operating temp., or longer to charge than when it was new? Might be time for a battery change anyway?

btw, BRAVO on the longevity!

The whole thing with batteries can be frustrating, especially in US where the batteries are not covered by the warranty. I once had to pay for Crafty battery after just 4 months. Unhappy, but I'm well over it.
Did you tell them about occasional error code? I think that factor and cracked housing would bode very well and you'd soon get the email,"S&B has sent you a package."

nb8475

Usually they'll turn it around in 2 to 4 days from when they receive it, unless there's some hangup about whether something is covered under warranty. The housing will be covered, given that yours is original design and they have tacitly acknowledged the weaknesses by making some changes to the housing.

At the same time, they may tell you that you might consider a new battery at this time, for like 90 bucks. Either this or they might simply send you a new, boxed Mighty.
Did you notice it taking any longer to reach operating temp., or longer to charge than when it was new? Might be time for a battery change anyway?

btw, BRAVO on the longevity!

The whole thing with batteries can be frustrating, especially in US where the batteries are not covered by the warranty. I once had to pay for Crafty battery after just 4 months. Unhappy, but I'm well over it.
Did you tell them about occasional error code? I think that factor and cracked housing would bode very well and you'd soon get the email,"S&B has sent you a package."

Thanks! It's easy to use something for two years when it works so well. I had originally sent them an email way back last Februrary about the ERR004 message but didn't want to send it back as it was my daily driver (I expressed this to them). So they are well aware that I didn't send it until absolutely necessary. I also sent them a follow up message with some details I missed originally, like how the housing was cracking, etc.

As far as whether my Mighty has been taking time to heat up; I would say only on low battery. However something important to note is that I went on an international trip for 4 months from last august-December during which time my Mighty was in storage (forgot to deplete the battery).

Since I came back from my trip, I immediately noticed a much weaker battery life. Combine this long lack of use with the many hours i've put into it and i could definitley use a new battery.

In some ways I feel entitled to at least one proper replacement given S&B's (albeit spotty) service record and the premium $$ price. I really hope I do get one.

One important thing I wanted to ask you guys as well: Should I be concerned about sending a "dirty" mighty back? As you can imagine after almost 2 years it may have some substances on it which may be of ambiguous legal status.

And you mentioned changes to housing; which changes are these?

newVaper420

Vapor Enthusiast
Ok just did another session with my Mighty. Shit my tolerance is high.

Anyhow, full bowl, got some really good clouds. Started at 380 because I like dat high tempz vapes. Then went to 390, then went to 400. Nothing when I was hitting it at 400, must have extracted everything.

I'm ripped right now. It's definitely cooler and more pleasurable than my original Pax. I also did not have a problem having the Mighty in my pants and walking around with it. I passed two people on the street and they thought nothing of it.

I see a lot of people with this big ass box that's a nicotine vaporizer that they blow clouds out of. So I would assume most people just think it's an e-cig thing.

Eatrocks

Thanks! It's easy to use something for two years when it works so well. I had originally sent them an email way back last Februrary about the ERR004 message but didn't want to send it back as it was my daily driver (I expressed this to them). So they are well aware that I didn't send it until absolutely necessary. I also sent them a follow up message with some details I missed originally, like how the housing was cracking, etc.

As far as whether my Mighty has been taking time to heat up; I would say only on low battery. However something important to note is that I went on an international trip for 4 months from last august-December during which time my Mighty was in storage (forgot to deplete the battery).

Since I came back from my trip, I immediately noticed a much weaker battery life. Combine this long lack of use with the many hours i've put into it and i could definitley use a new battery.

In some ways I feel entitled to at least one proper replacement given S&B's (albeit spotty) service record and the premium $$ price. I really hope I do get one.

One important thing I wanted to ask you guys as well: Should I be concerned about sending a "dirty" mighty back? As you can imagine after almost 2 years it may have some substances on it which may be of ambiguous legal status.

And you mentioned changes to housing; which changes are these?

You should get a brand new mighty in box based off the posts here. The model u have has the thinner casing around the bowl...WOW the err4, according to the manual, means u have a defective mighty.

U got some miles on that thing lol..wonder if u get another warranty on a replaced under warranty mighty.

nb8475

You should get a brand new mighty in box based off the posts here. The model u have has the thinner casing around the bowl...WOW the err4, according to the manual, means u have a defective mighty.

U got some miles on that thing lol..wonder if u get another warranty on a replaced under warranty mighty.

Haha yeah I do. Used it everyday for multiple bowls. The housing got cracked so bad that it split and I could see the inside battey (its white by the way). I really do hope I get a new one.

Has anyone ever had any problems with shipping a mighty with "herbal" residue on it?

Eatrocks

Haha yeah I do. Used it everyday for multiple bowls. The housing got cracked so bad that it split and I could see the inside battey (its white by the way). I really do hope I get a new one.

Has anyone ever had any problems with shipping a mighty with "herbal" residue on it?

They tell u to not send it with the cu, which is where most of resin lives. Just swipe the bowl/lip part with a q-tip dampened in iso.

Eatrocks,

nb8475

They tell u to not send it with the cu, which is where most of resin lives. Just swipe the bowl/lip part with a q-tip dampened in iso.

too late haha, I already sent it without really wiping it down much. But no CU. It is pretty dirty with particles and stuff. Hopefully it's not illegal or anything. :(:(

newVaper420

Vapor Enthusiast
too late haha, I already sent it without really wiping it down much. But no CU. It is pretty dirty with particles and stuff. Hopefully it's not illegal or anything. :(:(

I wouldn't worry about it honestly. Nothing you can do now anyway. You'll be just fine.

Top Bottom