The Mighty/Mighty+ by Storz & Bickel

pallfy

Hey I have a mighty too.

I have questions about draws for this unit.

1) About how much grind up herb fits in this bowl if u moderately fill it up. I estimate its about 0.3g.

2) When I fill a bowl, i get maybe 2 draws with clouds, does that mean the following cloudless draws are overdraws?

3) Should I start drawing as soon as it hits a high enough temp, like say 330F, even tho I set it to 390f. Is it being wasted if I wait till 390f?

skyvaper

Hey I have a mighty too.

1) About how much grind up herb fits in this bowl if u moderately fill it up. I estimate its about 0.3g.

2) When I fill a bowl, i get maybe 2 draws with clouds, does that mean the following cloudless draws are overdraws?

3) Should I start drawing as soon as it hits a high enough temp, like say 330F, even tho I set it to 390f. Is it being wasted if I wait till 390f?

1. Yes give or take of course

2. This vape has convection properties so even if you were not taking breaks between draws it shouldn't be cloudless unless you've extracted most of what a vape can extract out of the material in terms of visible vapor. That's not my normal experience with tiny amounts.

3. There is always some waste due to the conduction aspects of this vape but you shouldn't worry about it at all as it still packs a punch and a hard one. Use the vape as you like. Hit it on the way up to temp, 20 seconds after, the mighty is not fussy!! Happy vaping!!

skyvaper,
Reactions: Taz

darbarikanada

1. since you're not using a scale, it's hard to say, but I find that .1g is about right for a load. use the liquid pad on top if it's less than that.
2. I tend to get 8-9 draws from .1g. 2 draws from .3g? = something's not right there...
3. in general you should wait until it reaches temperature (better still to let it 'cook' for ~30 sec. after it reaches temperature). I get flavor w/out clouds @330, gradually go up to ~365, only go further if I want to get every last bit, so if you're setting it @ 390 to start, you definitely could start vaping once it hits 330. I actually think you're missing out on more cool/tasty vapes by not staying @ 330 for at least a few vapes before raising the temp. since the mighty cooks the weed even when you're not vaping, you might be wasting material by using it like you described; that might be why you're getting so few vapes (bet they're big clouds though...). IMHO.

(you can get a cheap scale that's accurate to .01g on amazon if you really want to know how much you're using...)

TheMadDabber

I ° The Magician
Hey I have a mighty too.

1) Im not a weight and scale guy, I eyeball my amounts, let me tell you, youve made a good investment. The mighty takes alot less than the volcano, but gets you up there if not more relative to if you used the same amount or more in the volcano. In short, I wished I would have purchased the Mighty and left the volcano alone.

2) if youre getting 2 draws you must be inhaling a whole lot, I get alot more than 2 draws. Hey! Just because you dont see vapor doesnt mean nothing is going on. Keep a look out for those ghost vapors.

3) you can start inhaling when you feel comfortable, close or at a vaporization range. If you want you can wait until its up to the go to temp. Some people start inhaling alittle before, I wait till mine hits 170c and dont start getting good vapor production until the 3rd or 4th draw, but the ghost vapours have already kicked in. I feel no need to raise it beyond 175c, at least for me at least, needless to say the first 3 or so draws are as tasty as fuck combustion.

TheMadDabber,

Eatrocks

Idk about the capsules, draw was better with the liquid pad. Herb really sticks to the bottom when I just put the bottom half on a load...unless i have to load a bowl in 3 seconds I don't really think they are useful to me.
They hold more than I thought though but still tiny.

newVaper420

Vapor Enthusiast
Ok I took it with me today.

1. Did you take the plastic off your screen? I usually take them off everything I own, but this time I left it on.

2. This time I measured how much I packed; about .13 in there. It went to the top... I didn't pack it tight. Let's see how that goes.

3. I have this Nintendo pouch I got for my 3DS (http://www.a4at.com/blog/media/blogs/b/nintendo_ds_carrying_pouch_thumb.jpg) and it fits the Mighty perfectly! Score!

:-)

subway13029

The screen stays fairly decent..the problem is the back where the serial number is..it will completely scratxh off and looks like crap..i just take a piece of cleqr contqct paper and cover it and makes the mighty stay looking way better than usual

newVaper420

Vapor Enthusiast
Any tips for the battery? Do I charge it whenever I can? Do I leave it plugged in? Etc.

Like let's say I do one session today. Do I plug it in when I'm finished if I'm not gonna use it?

subway13029

I dont plug it in after every bowl. I think we these types of batteries ya wanna run it down to womething like 10 percent..so i always go down til last bar and then recharge..i think battery replacement is pike 90 dollars so best to take care of them.

TheMadDabber

I ° The Magician
As I read a few posts back, is that by taking it easy on the power button so the auto shut off doesnt kick in, by using the temp controls...... you will be able take care of the battery as well, by not giving it added stress to reheat.

newVaper420

Vapor Enthusiast
I dont plug it in after every bowl. I think we these types of batteries ya wanna run it down to womething like 10 percent..so i always go down til last bar and then recharge..i think battery replacement is pike 90 dollars so best to take care of them.

I was always under the impression that with Lithium Ion batteries, that it's better to not fully let them run down as that would be an entire charge cycle.

http://www.apple.com/batteries/why-lithium-ion/

And that you should probably let it drain once a month or something.

newVaper420,
Reactions: JCharles

mitchgo61

I go where the thrills are
Any tips for the battery? Do I charge it whenever I can? Do I leave it plugged in? Etc.

Like let's say I do one session today. Do I plug it in when I'm finished if I'm not gonna use it?

Don't leave it plugged in once it's charged fully. Do not charge it when it's hot. Try not to use it in "pass-through" mode, i.e. while it's plugged in.

Eatrocks

I was always under the impression that with Lithium Ion batteries, that it's better to not fully let them run down as that would be an entire charge cycle.

http://www.apple.com/batteries/why-lithium-ion/

And that you should probably let it drain once a month or something.

The letting it fully drain one a month is to help 'recalibrate' the battery to show a more accurate battery percentage level. I did it, didnt notice shit.

I've been plugging up mighty when I get to the last bar and trying to stop charging before it gets up to the last bar. From what I understand these batteries don't like to be fully drained or fully charged but hey they are made in Germany at least.

Lol I left the little plastic on the screen for a few days, it doesn't really wanna stay on...plus with heat going on I was afraid I might melt a little or leave residue if I left it on for a long period of time.

newVaper420

Vapor Enthusiast
The letting it fully drain one a month is to help 'recalibrate' the battery to show a more accurate battery percentage level. I did it, didnt notice shit.

I've been plugging up mighty when I get to the last bar and trying to stop charging before it gets up to the last bar. From what I understand these batteries don't like to be fully drained or fully charged but hey they are made in Germany at least.

Lol I left the little plastic on the screen for a few days, it doesn't really wanna stay on...plus with heat going on I was afraid I might melt a little or leave residue if I left it on for a long period of time.

Yeah I think I'm gonna take the plastic off now that I have the pouch :-)

newVaper420,

subway13029

I didnt say run all the way down..i said to last bar..ive heard like 10 percent or so..but running it all the way down would be running it til it shuts off on you..that is running all the way down..

newVaper420

Vapor Enthusiast
I didnt say run all the way down..i said to last bar..ive heard like 10 percent or so..but running it all the way down would be running it til it shuts off on you..that is running all the way down..

I understand, but my point was that would make it a full charge cycle (90%) whereas I could charge it 9 times at 10% and be always full and it should equate to the same charge cycle (1).

At least that's how I have always understood it to be, as is the case on Apple's website. That being said, I also leave my iPhone plugged in all night and don't have any issues with the battery. Same with my Pax. And my Pax is going on 4 years now.

I was just wondering if anyone has any experience doing what I was talking about, charging after every session, leaving it charging, etc. and if they have noticed any ill-effects.

Also - I have been reading this thread since the beginning. I'm on page 60 or something now.

newVaper420,

vapviking

Old & In the Way
I understand, but my point was that would make it a full charge cycle (90%) whereas I could charge it 9 times at 10% and be always full and it should equate to the same charge cycle (1).

At least that's how I have always understood it to be, as is the case on Apple's website. That being said, I also leave my iPhone plugged in all night and don't have any issues with the battery. Same with my Pax. And my Pax is going on 4 years now.

I was just wondering if anyone has any experience doing what I was talking about, charging after every session, leaving it charging, etc. and if they have noticed any ill-effects.

Also - I have been reading this thread since the beginning. I'm on page 60 or something now.
I tend to break the sacred rules of charging pretty often and it may have had very bad consequences on some Crafty's I burned through. On one Cratfy return I was told I had too many charge cycles, though the rep could not define that term. I vaguely recall I had about 130 hours on it, and they made me buy a new battery. ($50 bucks, now they charge $70 for Crafty).

On the other hand, a 7 month old Mighty doesn't seem to mind some of the 'abuse.' I often follow the advice that was given to @biohacker ; I use it plugged in, but only when already fully charged.
Rarely let it run all the way down, 'cause a discharged Mighty is just sad.

One comment about "bars" showing and percentage of charge. The manufacturers are already limiting the extent of the charge, and that means a lot of well-intentioned folks are being somewhat over-cautious, imo.
When the meter runs all the way down, there may very well be 10% or 20% charge left; the manufacturer has tried to take the guesswork out and tell the unit not to operate in that range. But the battery is not really fully discharged.

I don't mean to take anything away from the very knowledgeable folks who understand the science of all this. I think those of us with just generalized knowledge wind up with a lot of superstitious behaviors!

shaolinmilk

I have a 16xxx model so it's one of the earlier 2 minute auto-shutoff models. I've had this for roughly over a year now, use it daily with minimal issues. I did leave it on the charger over night like 10 times in 365 days and have used it while charging on some occasions. I have also charged it immediately after a session many many times and this may be causing some of the issues I have today.

On my digital screen, the display would sometimes be finicky; I would set a temperature and as I'm going up or down, it would skip a number (going from 384F to 385F still shows it as 384F, however if I push + again, it will go right to 386F. Temperature is set correctly, however the output display is incorrect). Also, sometimes the battery meter is at two bars and I think I'm good for another two session, however it would all of a sudden deplete and show zero bars. This happened about 4 times to me so far so no biggie yet. I still average 6-7 sessions per charge and according to my estimations, I have around 400 hours on it.

shaolinmilk,

Green Kiwi

Few questions.

Do you leave your plastic grinder in direct sunlight light?

Does it ever get exposed to alcohol or solvents?

Do you break down the nugs into small chunks or do you pop a whole bud in and grind?

@Winegums , no i never leave it in the sunlight, and i read somewhere that the grinder dissolves in iso, soo don't do that either.when i used the s&b grinder i used to clean it with that "super handy orange tamp/pick tool".
BUT, i am definitely guilty of the last one, yes i love to put whole but in there and see how it turns(literately)in to powder.
After a few nasty filthy vape experiences due to vaping a little chip i didn't spot before loading the chamber,i have given them away(to my mate who never ever had a chip coming of,soo he's happy.)
And i Am actually really happy with my stainless coffee grinder now.
I am a passionately Mighty lover(to me the best vape out there),but i do am puzzled by S&B insistence
on keeping using plastic for everything they can. why??(i mean every warranty cost them money one way or another)
I mean, i'm pretty certain that if they would make a mighty with a titanium , or thin stainless steel shell it would be for everlasting(besides you might need new batteries after a long time)and we would be more than happy to pay them an extra 100$ for it.
i dont understand, besides being cheap what the advantage of a plastic grinder is:hmm:
:doh::doh::hmm:.
:2c:.

Eatrocks

@Winegums , no i never leave it in the sunlight, and i read somewhere that the grinder dissolves in iso, soo don't do that either.when i used the s&b grinder i used to clean it with that "super handy orange tamp/pick tool".
BUT, i am definitely guilty of the last one, yes i love to put whole but in there and see how it turns(literately)in to powder.
After a few nasty filthy vape experiences due to vaping a little chip i didn't spot before loading the chamber,i have given them away(to my mate who never ever had a chip coming of,soo he's happy.)
And i Am actually really happy with my stainless coffee grinder now.
I am a passionately Mighty lover(to me the best vape out there),but i do am puzzled by S&B insistence
on keeping using plastic for everything they can. why??(i mean every warranty cost them money one way or another)
I mean, i'm pretty certain that if they would make a mighty with a titanium , or thin stainless steel shell it would be for everlasting(besides you might need new batteries after a long time)and we would be more than happy to pay them an extra 100$ for it.
i dont understand, besides being cheap what the advantage of a plastic grinder is:hmm:
:doh::doh::hmm:.
:2c:.
The type of plastic they use is heat rated at over 500F..well past the point of combustion. It's much better at heat dissipation than metal. The plastic keeps the device lightweight also....a legit 'upgrade' they could do tomorrow is a silicon plug for the power input

My typical load size is a less than half a full pack in the capsules I'm finding now...this gg#4 is killer.

cloudsosmoke

does anyone know if this is any good .. i want to use it with Plenty

pic is not mine - it was on dhgate

rBVaGlbmTjOAHDR5AAQPRQftxBg603.jpg

edit: link
http://www.dhgate.com/product/2016-...5-inches-bubbler/372671070.html#mfavit-7-null

Last edited:
Top Bottom