The Mighty/Mighty+ by Storz & Bickel

biohacker

Hey guys, was wondering if there was any way to find out the age of my mighty without the serial number? I got one recently from the classified but the sticker had been removed :\ It isn't reinforced so I figure it's the old model, I just want to try to figure it out so I can send it in before the warranty expires... Thanks in advance for any help!

Sorry, have to ask the obvious - do you have the box?

biohacker,

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Hey guys, was wondering if there was any way to find out the age of my mighty without the serial number? I got one recently from the classified but the sticker had been removed :\ It isn't reinforced so I figure it's the old model, I just want to try to figure it out so I can send it in before the warranty expires... Thanks in advance for any help!
No receipt? You may need one for warranty to be valid at all.

vapviking,

subway13029

I've never had to produce a receipt..if it's authentic..s and b will know when it was purchased and if it's real etc..which if it's evil55 no doubt it was real..I'm sure you will be fine.

Lahey

Cruisin'
Going on 3 months with Mighty as daily driver now. I'm loving it more all the time.

I use it dry and with water. I leave it around 375f most of the time. Occasionally will bump up to 385f. I use a half a liquid pad, mainly because it keeps the cooling unit clean so much longer.

I love the really open draw, and find the flat mouthpiece more comfortable than any other style of mouthpiece. Using a Pax 2 or a Solo daily would cause me soreness around the cheeks, jaw, and mouth, both from the heavy draw resistance, and the way you have to purse your lips to draw from them. Had the same problem with e-Nano. Not an issue with Mighty.

I think Grasshopper will take a place along side it when it gets here (if it works :goon:) but it will have a pretty hard time displacing Mighty as the reigning champion.

The only thing I don't love is that it has developed the internal rattle that others have mentioned. Seems totally harmless whatever it is, but if it leads to any problems at least I know I am covered. As it stands, the way this thing is performing every day has me feeling pretty good about it, even if the structural integrity is its one downfall.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
I've never had to produce a receipt..if it's authentic..s and b will know when it was purchased and if it's real etc..which if it's evil55 no doubt it was real..I'm sure you will be fine.
Before S&B instituted an online RMA form for initiating service request (last year), the stated policy was that they wanted to see your purchase receipt, or date & place of purchase + price paid. They seem to have dropped the receipt requirement, but on the RMA form, those pieces of information are 'required fields'. From the sound of things they've stopped checking or caring about 'original' ownership and that is surprising.

vapviking,

biohacker

That's pretty awesome! And as much as their CS seems to be a pain to deal with for some people, they sure do stand behind their products!

Loving one snap pull bong hits with .05g on 210c!

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
Before S&B instituted an online RMA form for initiating service request (last year), the stated policy was that they wanted to see your purchase receipt, or date & place of purchase + price paid. They seem to have dropped the receipt requirement, but on the RMA form, those pieces of information are 'required fields'. From the sound of things they've stopped checking or caring about 'original' ownership and that is surprising.
It's likely that people are buying second hand units or the units have been out long enough that receipts have been lost. At some point it probably became more of a hassle than it was worth.

Winegums,

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
It's likely that people are buying second hand units or the units have been out long enough that receipts have been lost. At some point it probably became more of a hassle than it was worth.
They NEVER REQUIRED a reciept. They just asked for one. They aren't as strick in that area.

Disorganization has its frustrations and benefits.

WakeAndVape,

flipjoe

mighty-2.jpg

Not really mighty related but somehow s&b capsule related. I found these little pharmacy glass vials for storing about 3-4 ground loads in them.
I didn't want to grind before each session anymore and was searching for a good solution at home. I wanted to have different strains ready so the s&B filling tool was no option. First i used plastic film canisters but they were too big and got sticky. I'm very happy with the glass vials. Only downside for me is that sometimes i have to use a little metal pick to fill a load because the spices tend to stick to the walls. Tapping the outside works most of the time but not every time. So they're probably not too easy to use outdoors. Not as easy as the s&b capsules for sure.
I was searching quite some time till i found these and so i thought i'd share this. Maybe someone finds it useful.
mighty-1.jpg

Maitri

Deadhead, Low-Temp Dabber, Mahayana Buddhist
mighty-2.jpg

Not really mighty related but somehow s&b capsule related. I found these little pharmacy glass vials for storing about 3-4 ground loads in them.
I didn't want to grind before each session anymore and was searching for a good solution at home. I wanted to have different strains ready so the s&B filling tool was no option. First i used plastic film canisters but they were too big and got sticky. I'm very happy with the glass vials. Only downside for me is that sometimes i have to use a little metal pick to fill a load because the spices tend to stick to the walls. Tapping the outside works most of the time but not every time. So they're probably not too easy to use outdoors. Not as easy as the s&b capsules for sure.
I was searching quite some time till i found these and so i thought i'd share this. Maybe someone finds it useful.
mighty-1.jpg

Nice! :)

Another (likely more expensive) option that I am enjoying is the UV Screw-Top 420 Jar from 420 Science:

U35pTGs.png

dirtdragon

Anyone else having problems with Warranty return? I have done several before but now there is a form for RMA on website. I have filled out twice and sent 3 emails and no response.

dirtdragon,

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
Anyone else having problems with Warranty return? I have done several before but now there is a form for RMA on website. I have filled out twice and sent 3 emails and no response.
Welcome to the shady side of S&B customer service. No flashlights avaliable!

WakeAndVape,

Reggie Watts

Going on 3 months with Mighty as daily driver now. I'm loving it more all the time.

I use it dry and with water. I leave it around 375f most of the time. Occasionally will bump up to 385f. I use a half a liquid pad, mainly because it keeps the cooling unit clean so much longer.

I love the really open draw, and find the flat mouthpiece more comfortable than any other style of mouthpiece. Using a Pax 2 or a Solo daily would cause me soreness around the cheeks, jaw, and mouth, both from the heavy draw resistance, and the way you have to purse your lips to draw from them. Had the same problem with e-Nano. Not an issue with Mighty.

I think Grasshopper will take a place along side it when it gets here (if it works :goon:) but it will have a pretty hard time displacing Mighty as the reigning champion.

The only thing I don't love is that it has developed the internal rattle that others have mentioned. Seems totally harmless whatever it is, but if it leads to any problems at least I know I am covered. As it stands, the way this thing is performing every day has me feeling pretty good about it, even if the structural integrity is its one downfall.

Same here, got mine in late January, and I've used it twice a day basically every day since then. I use it dry with no attachments (I feel it doesn't need them, as it already produces cool vapor), temp range 180-200°C (~360-390°F). My previous vape was a Pax, which always makes my throat sore (with that short, direct vapor pathway). With the Mighty I'm pain free.

Mine doesn't rattle, but it's a whistler (makes a soft whistle sound when drawn from).

Mr. Me2

Same here, got mine in late January, and I've used it twice a day basically every day since then. I use it dry with no attachments (I feel it doesn't need them, as it already produces cool vapor), temp range 180-200°C (~360-390°F). My previous vape was a Pax, which always makes my throat sore (with that short, direct vapor pathway). With the Mighty I'm pain free.

Mine doesn't rattle, but it's a whistler (makes a soft whistle sound when drawn from).
Regarding the whistling, have you tested the cu for a leak?

biohacker

Another epic night with the Mighty! Wife prefers the SonG w/ CU for the added extra cooling but I much prefer the muzzmod for the better seal/connection and lack of the CU go figure! Her sessions last forever around 155-167 creeping up gradually, whereas I just crank it to 210 and down it all in one juicy fat gulp!

Nothing like watching the glass piece fog up so quickly with dense milk off of such little! Loads have varied between .05g and .1g and have been using the pad for .05g and the domed screen mod for .1g.

I assume that the dosing capsules will work well with the domed screen mod, without the top cap part?

Reggie Watts

Regarding the whistling, have you tested the cu for a leak?

Yep, I went through 3 CUs until I got one that is perfectly airtight. The internal whistle can be attenuated by covering the power plug hole. It's been reported by a few users here, but doesn't seem to affect the vape's performance at all.

Mr. Me2

Yep, I went through 3 CUs until I got one that is perfectly airtight. The internal whistle can be attenuated by covering the power plug hole. It's been reported by a few users here, but doesn't seem to affect the vape's performance at all.
Don't know if you want to deal with a warranty claim for that, but you may want to email S&B describing your issue and see what they say.

Mr. Me2,

phried

My recently-bought Crafty and Mighty have CUs that whistle when they're used with gusto, both are airtight when all ports are blocked off and was expecting this behavior to be normal.

I think the whistling is great though, it's a great audible indicator of moochers doing their extreme mooching. Keeps them in check instantly lol

biohacker

What are the serials? My 40XXX does not whistle, and i'll let you know about my soon to be 50XXX Crafty this week. I don't think the whistling is normal, but if it's just a tolerance in the plastic body or something, and doesn't affect function, than the only concern i'd have is its stealth. I'd hate for my discrete little Crafty to whistle! That was just one of the reasons I also couldn't stand the EVO...that was a LOUD ear piercing whistle....well, at least mine was.

biohacker,

phried

What are the serials? My 40XXX does not whistle, and i'll let you know about my soon to be 50XXX Crafty this week. I don't think the whistling is normal, but if it's just a tolerance in the plastic body or something, and doesn't affect function, than the only concern i'd have is its stealth. I'd hate for my discrete little Crafty to whistle! That was just one of the reasons I also couldn't stand the EVO...that was a LOUD ear piercing whistle....well, at least mine was.
Not really a seriously loud whistle, it's more like whistling in reverse (like sucking instead of... Uh yeah you get it right?). I must have hypersonic ears though as I seem to be the only one who does notice it distinctly. It shouldn't be any cause of concern though, it could be a completely subjective thing. My Crafty's CY48xxx and the Mighty's an MY6S9xxx.

My wife and I are currently living in Spain, so it was returned to Germany. The new serial number is totally different from the old one. The old one was MY00012xx. The new one is as follows (whereby 'x' stands for a number and 'Y' for a letter): MYxxYxYY.

My new unit also has different o-rings and the revised top fin section. The Masters is about to start on TV here, so you know what time it is......
I noticed my unit has an even weirder serial numbering scheme than was previously reported, should I be checking out for improvements? Serial number on my new Mighty is MYxYxxYY according to @sweetherb's numbering scheme.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom