• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

The Mighty/Mighty+ by Storz & Bickel

outletboy

Thanks, I guess it wont be safe to use then!
But at least some one can try to use it as inspiration to make a solo adapter !
Thanks for answering my question !:tup:

outletboy,
Reactions: Pyr0

esoh

anyone have tips for cleaning the CU with PBW?

i only did a 20 minute wash with not the hottest water, and i had to do mostly manual scraping to get the CU clean. is that the best i can get with PBW?

MinnBobber

i only did a 20 minute wash with not the hottest water, and i had to do mostly manual scraping to get the CU clean. is that the best i can get with PBW?
With PBW, the hotter it is, the better it works.
I heat a glass container with water in the microwave and get it very hot. Then stir in PBW and stir until thoroughly dissolved. Then submerge parts to be cleaned.
Gets my parts and glass pieces spotless.

Report back if that works

MinnBobber,

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
Thanks, I guess it wont be safe to use then!
But at least some one can try to use it as inspiration to make a solo adapter !
Thanks for answering my question !:tup:
That direct connect glass adapter thing from some company that wasn't Ratchett.... with the glass part sticking out, why not just take that off and replace it with a metal stem?

Quetzalcoatl,
Reactions: outletboy

Justpassedu

You want to soak it in hot water than put about a teaspoon in hot water in a ziplock bag and shake it for a few minutes vigorously . Should be brand new after a good round of shaking and rinsing. That's how I got mine spotless .

Justpassedu,

RastaVapa

HomeGrownLogs UK log maker
Manufacturer
Well my last mighty lasted just under six weeks and the power button has gone again at least it aint another broken case, don't get me wrong I like the vapour this thing produces esp since the updated software and casing but I have had three now in a year and just about to send this one back :o

Makes me feel a bit sick knowing my fifty quid flowermate has outlasted three mightys and still going strong lol..... don't know what to do whether to get it fixed or maybe swap models maybe a plenty not sure maybe I have just been really unlucky and should try another :shrug:...........

my glass mouthpiece will turn up to mock me tomorrow I bet.......:shit:

Vapor Loop

maybe I have just been really unlucky and should try another :shrug:...........

If it's a case of being unlucky everyone on Fc that own's one and put's real hours on there's is unlucky, We need a sinking ship smiley because it's very needed in the S&b portable threads, Come on over to the Haze side S&b owners THEY take care of you. :nod:

mitchgo61

I go where the thrills are
If it's a case of being unlucky everyone on Fc that own's one and put's real hours on there's is unlucky, We need a sinking ship smiley because it's very needed in the S&b portable threads, Come on over to the Haze side S&b owners THEY take care of you. :nod:

Demonstrably untrue. Plenty of FC Mighty owners use the living hell out of their units and have had no issues. Let's not exaggerate the failure rate based on anecdotal evidence and faulty extrapolation.

HellsWindStaff

Dharma Initiate
Demonstrably untrue. Plenty of FC Mighty owners use the living hell out of their units and have had no issues. Let's not exaggerate the failure rate based on anecdotal evidence and faulty extrapolation.

I second this, I was using it multiple times a day for many days, and it still is pristine. No cracks, no fractures nothing. No sticker peeling.

Buy a quality case. Don't treat it rough. Don't just rip the CU off immediately when its hot, screw on the filling chamber, and load another. That plastic is hot and the torque is not going to be good for it.

Either take it off gently and let it cool down before doing it again, or keep it on (seen success both ways), but I'm a firm believer in letting it cool down a bit before doing 2 bowls.

I'm not someone who really treats my things that great....the Mighty is an exception for me. Treat it like an unborn child. Its an almost $400 investment depending where you buy it, its not something I casually toss in my pocket for a night on the town.

I mean, it could be one lucky chance that I got one of the few units that apparently doesn't chip or crack :) but I doubt that. I think some of you are being too rough with it :2c:

This is referring to the people with beat down units or ones that are really cracked. I don't think there is much you can do about heater failure, but I don't use mine through water either and have never experienced any sort of errors. I don't know if that's a correlation or not, but I did think it was something to note.

RastaVapa

Manufacturer
S & B have taken good care of me along the replacement processes'ssss I just think I may well be unlucky or I have used it too much lol , I have no doubt that it will be handled just as smoothly I was just unsure whether to chance it again , I have emailed them prob wont hear until mon/tue so I will let everyone know what happens, until then its daisy who will keep me happy...........the two main probs with this vape was the fragile casing and software on my last two and they have already addressed this nicely just a bugger the power button has gone again if they say they have upgraded that as well I might just get another :lol::leaf:

rodders83

Just popping in and yet more issues for some. I emailed Storz & Bickel linking to here and asking bluntly why so many fail. They told me that this vape was only meant to be used occasionally and i should instead buy thier desktop range. They also claim to have fixed all the earlier issues like above poster says. To say i am speechless is an understatement, They are admitting thier vape will not last, Yet refuse to let me do a deal and pay an extra year on the warranty up to 3.

They need to really sort this crap out and either drop the price or up the warranty. So much for German goods.

Last edited:

Headless1916

Good discussion here. I'd just like to say that neither of my Mighty units ever saw duty as a portable unit and were never carried around or abused in any way; never dropped, never scraped, nothing. They live on my desk at home. I 100% of the time used the unit while plugged in and fully charged. Essentially, I wanted a vape that was as powerful as a desktop vape, but that was portable so that I could take it with me on a vacation without having to pack up a large and unwieldy unit. The Mighty claims to be exactly that, with a 30+w heating element and pass-through charging abilities; no documentation from storz-bickel indicates any kind of requirement to 'use the unit occasionally', and for 400+$ there should not be such a requirement. If there are real limits on how many times the unit can be expected to last, and that number is so low that the units will die several times per year under normal/heavy use, then S&B have a real design issue on their hands, as they are going to lose their ass on warranty replacements.

My first unit's power button dying is crap; it's just a fragile button/switch. The first time I ever pressed it I thought to myself, 'wow, that's a shitty little switch for something that needs to be pressed multiple times every single time you use the unit', so I was careful with the button, yet it still failed. I think the longer auto-off time will help somewhat, since people will need to hit it less to keep the unit on, but the button itself is crap and should be a real switch that has a reasonable life expectancy. I really didn't even care about chipping fins/cracked fins, but when power button broke, or the unit started throwing ERR 004 and not heating, that is a real problem that can't just be whitewashed over and blamed on rough handling of the device.

While some people no doubt do have no issues with their Mighty units, when multiple people are posting that they have gone through 2, 3, and 4 units in a row with failures every time, don't try to downplay the issues just because you happen to have a unit that is still running flawlessly. These are not unique occurrences - totally unrelated people are having the same issues, multiple times. You can assume that everyone having an issue is in some way mistreating their units, but let's be realistic - none of us want their vaporizer to break, and for most people a 400$+ item is going to be cared for above and beyond your average toy.

I am excited to see if the new unit changes has any effect on the longevity of my units lifespans. The really difficult decision I have to make now is whether or not to sell one of the two units when they come back, or to keep 800$ worth of vaporizers instead of a single unit because I expect the unit to die soon and don't want to be without a spare when/if I have to send the replacement back.

Ironically, I don't see extending the warranty as an important thing whatsoever; these units are dying within a matter of a couple of months of use; I'd be overjoyed if they lasted through the entire existing warranty period.

rodders83

The warranty is only 24 months, Who can really afford to drop 340 euro every 24 months? :(

I can't no way yet there is nothing else out there that will come close, Maybe the Grasshopper but that aint released so here come S&B to take advantage. Call me a tight ass but i expect 3-5 years out of such a unit if used occasionally... By which i define a bowl per day.

RastaVapa

Manufacturer
Wow occasional use mine done about 3 bowls a day for a month and the switch died on this latest unit ,I cant wait to see my email when it comes, I aint worried about the time delay as I am using less herb without it in the rotation so I will just sit and see:leaf: I think my wife got the original one shortly after release for me and she paid around £280 ish so it is the dearest and most unreliable vape I have owned to date but when it does work it works really good but it should last a bit longer....... :2c:

Headless1916

The warranty is only 24 months, Who can really afford to drop 340 euro every 24 months? :(

I can't no way yet there is nothing else out there that will come close, Maybe the Grasshopper but that aint released so here come S&B to take advantage. Call me a tight ass but i expect 3-5 years out of such a unit if used occasionally... By which i define a bowl per day.

Compared to what I pay for herb, 400$ every 24 months isn't out of proportion really.

Ltblue

Hey guys, my mighty the other day just stopped working. I received a error 004 code and after that it just would not turn on anymore. If you plug in the power cord, it'll still charge but would still get error 004. Shook it around and nothing was loose, waited for a while and even left it in the refrigerator in case it was too hot but still would not turn on. I immediately contact S & B and they sent me a email saying we'd like to help and for me to response to the email to get a return shipping label. I then knew that it was going to be a few days maybe a week or two until I'll get it back so I immediately bought another Mighty. I am still waiting for the return shipping label from "Monika" but after 2 days(the new Mighty just got here from FED EX today btw) of waiting, I don't know what to do. Sucks cause I have a Volcano digit, and now 2 Mighty's, spent a lot of money and stuff and feel like they don't really care. It could be the weekend and maybe their not working so I'll wait till Monday to see if I get a return shipping label.

With the new Mighty, the temperature is a bit weird. For example if I set it to 360 degree F, it'll go all the way up to 365 degree F and all the way back down to 358 degree F. Why does it jump up so much now? Is it done on purpose?

Headless1916

Hey guys, my mighty the other day just stopped working. I received a error 004 code and after that it just would not turn on anymore. If you plug in the power cord, it'll still charge but would still get error 004. Shook it around and nothing was loose, waited for a while and even left it in the refrigerator in case it was too hot but still would not turn on. I immediately contact S & B and they sent me a email saying we'd like to help and for me to response to the email to get a return shipping label. I then knew that it was going to be a few days maybe a week or two until I'll get it back so I immediately bought another Mighty. I am still waiting for the return shipping label from "Monika" but after 2 days(the new Mighty just got here from FED EX today btw) of waiting, I don't know what to do. Sucks cause I have a Volcano digit, and now 2 Mighty's, spent a lot of money and stuff and feel like they don't really care. It could be the weekend and maybe their not working so I'll wait till Monday to see if I get a return shipping label.

With the new Mighty, the temperature is a bit weird. For example if I set it to 360 degree F, it'll go all the way up to 365 degree F and all the way back down to 358 degree F. Why does it jump up so much now? Is it done on purpose?

That is some strange behavior; both of my Mighty units never went more than 1f over the set point.

Headless1916,

Ltblue

That is some strange behavior; both of my Mighty units never went more than 1f over the set point.

Yeah it's weird, it'll sometimes even go all the way up 7 degrees. Most of the time it'll just go up 5 degrees.
Maybe it's done on purpose? My serial number for the new one is MY019577.
I also noticed they reinforced the plastic part where it cracks and eventually breaks near the blue ring. Also the new charger looks a bit different(cheaper looking) than the one with the little vents and the little green light.

subway13029

Im on my second mighty and the first just had issue where the lcd would go out when in use and changing temp..the vape never had any issues just couldnt see what temp i was in and i sent it to randy and i got an updated.unit and it overshoots about 5 degrees to make up for your draw..mi e usually goes to srt temp when i draw...this thing is a tank if you ask me..i use it high temp with glass..and has been going strong for 3 plus months on this unit.

Elmafuf0

My first mighty had it for about a week and a half. Traded up after my third crafty died. I thought this would be better, but it's the third S&B portable to have the power switch go bad.

When you spend this much on a vape you expect it to work AND LAST. Very bummed as I loaned my spare ascent to a buddy and now I'm vape less. Thinking of buying a new vape even though I'm sending the mighty in. Any recomendations?

Stinky

Just popping in and yet more issues for some. I emailed Storz & Bickel linking to here and asking bluntly why so many fail. They told me that this vape was only meant to be used occasionally and i should instead buy thier desktop range. They also claim to have fixed all the earlier issues like above poster says. To say i am speechless is an understatement, They are admitting thier vape will not last, Yet refuse to let me do a deal and pay an extra year on the warranty up to 3.

They need to really sort this crap out and either drop the price or up the warranty. So much for German goods.
I have never heard that before. Who did you contact, Oakland or Germany?

Stinky,

BioSector

Yes, a firmware update somewhere along the way changed that on purpose. Tries to keep it closer to your set temp during draw and also helps ensure vibration goes as it realizes it went over set.

BioSector,
Reactions: Ltblue
Top Bottom