• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

The Mighty/Mighty+ by Storz & Bickel

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
Do I have to sandwich shatter in between my Mighty Oil Pad, or can I just break off a little and place it on top the pad

I break off a little piece and place it on top of the pad. You want the melted oil to have as much mesh to lock onto so it doesn't leak into the heating core. Start with small pieces and increase in size so as to judge what works for you.

"i used the oil pad only once and gotta get help"

Consider getting a used dental pick they use to knock the tartar off your teeth. They have a great hook. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dental-Instruments-Assorted-lot-087-/171871453488?hash=item2804564130

Last edited:
I break off a little piece and place it on top of the pad. You want the melted oil to have as much mesh to lock onto so it doesn't leak into the heating core. Start with small pieces and increase in size so as to judge what works for you.

Consider getting a used dental pick they use to knock the tartar off your teeth. They have a great hook. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dental-Instruments-Assorted-lot-087-/171871453488?hash=item2804564130[/QUOTE
Do you do the same for crumble, or oil???(Just put it on top of the pad)
Thanks for the advice MAC!! God Bless!:peace:

Consider getting a used dental pick they use to knock the tartar off your teeth. They have a great hook. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dental-Instruments-Assorted-lot-087-/171871453488?hash=item2804564130
Do you do the same for crumble, or oil???(Just put it on top of the pad) Thanks for the advice MAC!! God Bless!:peace:

Modnote: Edited to remove reply from quote tags and merge back to back posts.

Last edited by a moderator:
Compassion,

vtblues

Thank you for your feedback. Aside from portability and bowl size, which do you prefer as far as vapor quality and the effect it gives you? Does one seem more durable than the other? I want to be able to have back to back sessions while I'm lamping back watching a movie at night. I don't mind the cord on the plenty since it will be staying home.

-Mark
I almost feel weird saying it then but I'd go for the Plenty, the vapor flavor and effectiveness are of Storz Bickel quality as is the Mighty. The Plenty is rugged, looks rugged feels rugged. I live in the boonies of Vermont. My power goes out sometimes for days in winter storms. Sometimes in the summer evenings I like to vape out on my porch where there's no outlet. They are both top performing vaporizers and while I prefer the Mighty myself I believe you would be very well served by the Plenty.

biohacker

Own both the Mighty and Plenty...hard to say...both do the job so well, but the Plenty can hold more. I have no problems putting what I put in the Mighty, into the Plenty and use the pad, so I think it can be efficient, but I prefer the Mighty myself. The Plenty can cause serious burns with the lower half portion of the "cooling" coil.

vtblues

hello
i want to ask about this im totally new to the mighty and proper vaping i used the oil pad only once and gotta get help with this i used it with hash put the pad in then the hash worked wonderfully then thought crap how my menna get the pad out no way i could not get it out who thought of that, genius! managed to in the end and nearly messed up the pad why would they make it like that it needs to be so it cant come apart like that anyway i will think twice before putting it in again as it was too think any way the design of the pad i think is a bit lousy a little thinner maybe i think is a good idea
Just use the filling tool to lift the pad out, works for me every time. The pads wear out, there'sno way around it. I rarely use one with my Mighty but I rarely used my Plenty without one as the bowl is larger than the Mighty.

vtblues,
Reactions: mrjunkie

HellsWindStaff

Dharma Initiate
hello
i want to ask about this im totally new to the mighty and proper vaping i used the oil pad only once and gotta get help with this i used it with hash put the pad in then the hash worked wonderfully then thought crap how my menna get the pad out no way i could not get it out who thought of that, genius! managed to in the end and nearly messed up the pad why would they make it like that it needs to be so it cant come apart like that anyway i will think twice before putting it in again as it was too think any way the design of the pad i think is a bit lousy a little thinner maybe i think is a good idea

What exactly did you do to your pad that "nearly messed it up" ?

The pad is just metal wire wrapped together. You could actually unravel it if you were to cut it or find the end.

So if it gets a little distorted, really no big thing. It's doing the same purpose, holding your concentrates and providing a material for them to melt into.

Pro Tip: A toothpick (I have a dedicated vape toothpick lol from my Firefly), or I imagine the poker on the bottom of the Mighty, work wonderfully for getting the liquid pad out. You just push it along the edge, and pop it out.

Edit:
LHB9HEk.jpg

What's up with that giant chip? Did you do that or did it come like that? Not to talk shit on Namaste Vapes, but that looks really poorly assembled if it came out like that.

Last edited:

MarsellusWallace

ISO soak. Then make edibles from the reclaim. Then hold on to the couch.

I'm a little worried about this method. Saw a thread on reddit the other day about a guy who soaked the CU pieces in ISO and it created a nasty taste that stuck with the pieces and he can't seem to get it out. Something to do with the plastic retaining alcohol I think.

Any tips on avoiding this?

MarsellusWallace,

mitchgo61

I go where the thrills are
I'm a little worried about this method. Saw a thread on reddit the other day about a guy who soaked the CU pieces in ISO and it created a nasty taste that stuck with the pieces and he can't seem to get it out. Something to do with the plastic retaining alcohol I think.

Any tips on avoiding this?

Keep it short. I've ISO soaked for 10-15 minutes without problems. I wouldn't go past 15 myself.

mrjunkie

Menny
What exactly did you do to your pad that "nearly messed it up" ?
thought about using and nearly attempted using the provided little orange tool and then thought no way would it fit along the side just to delicately remove it another way of saying that is i managed to take it out in the end and nearly messed it up well i used the first thing i could think of to try and that did not work then i attempted with a number of other tools i had and nothing, i got frustrated as it was lodged in hard and kinda forced in and not coming out with a pull from tiny pliers and stuff when i did manage to and thought about it getting messed it eventually

The pad is just metal wire wrapped together. You could actually unravel it if you were to cut it or find the end.
find the end tempting and i would find it made of 1 piece? so i can ravel that back up again with it a little thinner thickness if i like? good stuff?! (not literally just figuratively as it may need a machine or some kind of press, actually i may have to experiment with some work on those i was looking for other design the same size..

So if it gets a little distorted, really no big thing. It's doing the same purpose, holding your concentrates and providing a material for them to melt into.
maybe for u im a neat freak and it bugged me out the minute i even nearly messed up the shape of it. i gotta do more thinking about some more better solutions like a short tiny nail through the centre to easily remove it maybe even a tiny metal washer between.. or a kind of ring pull to get it out quick neat and easy!but would have to fold down and again be tiny. its about the design it's gotta come out flat and straight the same way it goes in.. or it will mess it up! just what i think

Pro Tip: A toothpick (I have a dedicated vape toothpick lol from my Firefly), or I imagine the poker on the bottom of the Mighty, work wonderfully for getting the liquid pad out. You just push it along the edge, and pop it out.
maybe for you i could not seem to find a way with this tool at all and thought it rather useless i would not use it to remove any rings either as i prefer my own tools.. in this case something maybe like a paperclip with a tiny u bend at the end to lift the ring and a small flat screwdriver to assist.. (i think i would break alot of those plastics at the first time even trying and then have to buy a ton more forget it.
next i would mention the bottom screen under where the buds go i have not yet got to that i want to ask if that is designed to be removed and changed as there is no info on that in the instructions! i dont think that is going to be much joy i figure one day i will have a few mighty's in pieces if i dont slow down here lol but i would like to consider what i would achieve with the beginning removal and changing or cleaning of the lower screen (actually i would prefer to replace it with a smaller gauze so longer till next cleaning once i do the first clean)

What's up with that giant chip? Did you do that or did it come like that? Not to talk shit on Namaste Vapes, but that looks really poorly assembled if it came out like that
"never show a fool half a job" is the line we english use i thought i explained this much, this is my work on my one of a kind hand made custom namaste vape 18mm adaptor for a mighty i'm about to do it to the 14mm one as well so i can use that with an airtight connection however i will not do the cut in the same way as nowhere near as much plastic will need to be removed in order for this 14mm one to fit anyway look at the pic before and after not the pic mid job on my work on his piece and NO it dont come like that! lol i did alot more then that i will add all the album of pics hopefully!

Just use the filling tool to lift the pad out, works for me every time. The pads wear out, there's no way around it. I rarely use one with my Mighty but I rarely used my Plenty without one as the bowl is larger than the Mighty.
that gets me thinkin do you use the pad ontop of bud below bud? both? (depending on if u waould want it cotter or cooler less burned /vaped) with the hash i did the 1 time i placed on top to experiment with if it would collect any oil from the hash onto the pad or just even as much as leave any black residue after the burn it was really good top quality hash from gibraltar and i was so impressed with the way it left not any single evidence i had used it, nevermind with hash.. just a shame the thickness isnt variable lol and getting it out.. and the other thing i would be scared to use it ontop of hash still as i would suspect i may find when placed on the lower screen hash would be alot hotter and would leave some marks (dont know i gotta test that one day).
with herb if i dont pack the chamber full and just want to do a bit i dont have to put the pad in? or is that recommended as i have been finding it seems to work ok with a drop (just a small hit in the bowl) and no pad

Last edited:

esoh

Holy cow, my Cooling Unit is FILTHY - way too many carefree packs of concentrate for too many weeks!

Does anyone have any surefire methods of cleaning or links to posts about cleaning it? I just spent 30 minutes with a scraper and got a decent amount of the gunk out, but didn't really help the draw resistance which unfortunately has gotten stiffer compared to when it came out of the box.

uhranium

Mighty to full temperature, take some draws to heat the CU up. take off CU, quickly open it and wipe with qtips. Maybe replace the mouth piece or clean it with a pipe cleaner. Use qtips ends for further vaping.

Bipola

The Mighty that I ordered arrived a few days ago and holy shit it is awesome.

I've always been someone who has taken a little time to adapt to a new vaporizer in the past (previous experience being with the VG, MFLB and DBV) but not with this thing.

I tried it the day after it came, had already got a fairly mediocre edible high going for a few hours.
Ground up some herb and put it in the Mighty (set to 180c and raised 5-10 degrees every few draws).
The high that followed was so satisfying and just felt like exactly what I wanted, a really clean/clear high but still with some of the (desirable) haziness akin to smoking.

I have a low tolerance and also struggle with anxiety and paranoid thoughts if I overdo it whether through smoking/vaping/edibles, so with my previous vapes I rarely even heated the herb beyond the point of it being a darker shade of green than it originally was. With the Mighty it just seems to heat it all perfectly evenly and it ended up a nice toasty brown, I guess having a digital temp setting is probably why, something I never had with previous vapes.

One thing I'm a bit concerned about is that it seems like it would be pretty easy to go through 2-3x the herb I normally would if smoking or using one of the other vapes I've tried in the past, I put in a decent amount a couple of times thinking it would be a case of taking a few draws and then coming back to it later, only to find that the whole lot is a nice dark brown. I went through it without even meaning to.

This actually worries me more for personal (mental health) reasons more than conservation etc, as getting high is somewhat of a balancing act for me and if I consume too much it can be detrimental (I'm someone who gets high an average of a few times a month, and if I get the balance right weed is hugely beneficial to my general functioning etc but it's possible to overdo it and make the opposite the case every now and then).

I guess I will just try and pack it lighter in the future, as it's remarkably easy to go through quite a bit of herb without at all intending to when using this thing. I hope packing a smaller amount (like a third of really "filling" it) will still work reasonably well.

I had a couple of friends try it yesterday as well who are already planning on buying their own soon. The thing that stood out first to me was the flavour (and note that it wasn't even particularly amazing weed, just regular "good shit"). It tasted incredible, and the ease of use/simplicity plus accuracy with the digital temp etc just makes it the best vaporizing experience I've had easily. Mind you I got mine for under $400 AUD and I probably never would have bought it at the full $500 AUD price it goes for here, but now that I've tried it I don't think I'd ever regret it either. I'm really hoping I have no issues with it as sending it to be repaired etc would be a bummer, it said on the site I got mine from that they're the newer models with reinforced housing and 2 minute shutoff though for what it's worth.

Also, I know it's not a perfect solution to not being able to stand it up perfectly, but the little trick (read on here and elsewhere) where you pull out the poker from the bottom and turn it around then put it back in is pretty cool, though I know it could still easily be knocked over, definitely wouldn't chance standing it up on the edge of a desk or anything like that, though come to think of it that'd actually be pretty dumb even it was designed to be stood up. I bet they'll bring out some sort of official stand/dock/cradle thing for it eventually.

I was wondering how often it should need to be cleaned, for someone who might use it a few times a week and isn't likely to go through more than .5-1g in a week most of the time...

Since none of my previous vapes had a digital temp control, I can only guess I was seriously underdoing it a lot of the time in the past. I'd always get really clear head highs from vaping but with little benefit to sleep quality etc and it's probably because I was mostly just getting THC and little else. I had better sleep last night after vaping with the mighty than I've had in a long time from smoking or even edibles, which is an awesome thing and almost unprecedented for me after vaping, not counting vapor bonging with the DBV which admittedly has made for some awesome "stoney" highs.

I can't wait to get a water pipe adapter (I've seen the one people here recommend and plan to order one fairly soon, though it'll probably take a while to get here with me being in Australia) for it soon as I pretty much exclusively vapor bong with the DBV and like it way better than just using the whip/mouthpiece. I strangely tend to find vapor harsher on the throat (leading to coughing fits in a way that smoking almost never does) than smoking for some reason, like I can barely use my DBV without coughing, but I've only coughed once so far using the Mighty and that was after taking a few draws and raising the temp to maybe 200c or thereabouts.

tl;dr fuck yeah this is awesome!

Mr. Me2

Holy cow, my Cooling Unit is FILTHY - way too many carefree packs of concentrate for too many weeks!

Does anyone have any surefire methods of cleaning or links to posts about cleaning it? I just spent 30 minutes with a scraper and got a decent amount of the gunk out, but didn't really help the draw resistance which unfortunately has gotten stiffer compared to when it came out of the box.
I just ordered a backup cu to switch out when the other needs cleaning. You may want to consider the same.

HellsWindStaff

Dharma Initiate
@mrjunkie

I'd not recommend cutting or unraveling the liquid pad, BUT, if you get your own wire, I do not see any reason why you couldn't make your own more to your liking.

My pad is a little distorted, but it's only distorted on the top where I put my concentrates, as when I pull my dabber away, the concentrate never comes off my dabber perfect and that stick will pull my wire up, as I pull the dabber away. If that makes sense.

Did not see where you said you cut that WPA yourself.

As far as a removal tool, try a paper clip or something like you said. I've never had a problem just popping it out with my toothpick, and never distort it doing it that way. My distortion always comes when applying concentrates moreso then removing the pad.

HellsWindStaff,

bigmouth

I want to be able to have back to back sessions while I'm lamping back watching a movie at night. I don't mind the cord on the plenty since it will be staying home.
I used to feel this way, too. I originally opted for a Cloud EVO on this basis.

But you may be surprised how much of a difference portability makes even around the house. If you start vaping at the table, and want to move over to the couch, it's much easier with the cordless vaporizer. I also find myself vaping on my balcony much more.

Since getting a MiniVAP and now a Mighty, the Cloud EVO hasn't gotten much use.

mrjunkie

Menny
I'd not recommend cutting or unraveling the liquid pad, BUT, if you get your own wire, I do not see any reason why you couldn't make your own more to your liking.
good call if its not really complicated

My pad is a little distorted, but it's only distorted on the top where I put my concentrates, as when I pull my dabber away, the concentrate never comes off my dabber perfect and that stick will pull my wire up, as I pull the dabber away. If that makes sense.
yeah totally that sux

Did not see where you said you cut that WPA yourself.
forgive me i made the mistake of thinking it looked obvious what i was doing guess not my apologies!

As far as a removal tool, try a paper clip or something like you said. I've never had a problem just popping it out with my toothpick, and never distort it doing it that way. My distortion always comes when applying concentrates moreso then removing the pad.
yo i thought of an idea to get around that if it helps heat the wax a drop on the tool over the pad and drip it onto the pad

im still pretty pissed off im now thinking i will be the owner of 2 mighty vaporizers as i'm going to buy another one this time from s&b direct even if i have to pay for customs charges which seems frequent recently which sux and i gotta wait longer for arrival still i would not buy expensive stuff from vapefeind again! as my unit stays on for 6 minutes at least from when switched on and i did not get a single response here about my worries about my mighty) and i'm new to the mighty so i want to know that i got a real one and will keep this faulty /one of a kind longer option for vaping as well i guess, it just sux tho i will have to now buy another just to find out i got ripped off! but end up with something that might be a bonus?

Last edited:

Pyr0

Stoned Roses
im still pretty pissed off im now thinking i will be the owner of 2 mighty vaporizers as i'm going to buy another one this time from s&b direct even if i have to pay for customs charges which seems frequent recently which sux and i gotta wait longer for arrival still i would not buy expensive stuff from vapefeind again! as my unit stays on for 6 minutes at least from when switched on and i did not get a single response here about my worries about my mighty) and i'm new to the mighty so i want to know that i got a real one and will keep this faulty /one of a kind longer option for vaping as well i guess, it just sux tho i will have to now buy another just to find out i got ripped off! but end up with something that might be a bonus?

So you now think @VapeFiend.com are dodgy and sold you a non genuine unit?
FYI Vapefiend have a pretty good rep around here and are authorized sellers of S&B.
I bought both my Air and my Mighty from Vapefiend, both devices have zero issues and I found the customer service to be really good whenever I've rang to speak to someone.

Are you in the UK?
If you bought direct from S&B, there are no customs charges when purchasing from Europe.

If you turn your Mighty on and don't draw on it, does it still stay on for 6 mins?
The manual for the Mighty says the runtime will be extended if it detects you taking a pull (by the temperature dropping 3c or more)

Page 16:
Automatic Switching Off
The automatic switching off is used to save battery capacity so that the Vaporizer can be used as long as possible without charging.

The device switches off automatically two minutes after the last press of a button or the last application. The switching off of the Vaporizer is indicated by a short vibration.

A short press of the ON/OFF switch during operation can reset the automatic switching off to two minutes.
So if you use it or tap the on/off switch, the timer is reset or extended.

Last edited:

Chandlerson

What's up mighty users !owned one for about 4 months. This is one sweet portable that's for sure. Very powerful especially on lower temps. I still like to stay around 190-200c:evil:
Currently at the beach and the mighty is the perfect companion !thinkwellgo for a midnight walk tonight :nod:

vtblues

good call if its not really complicated

yeah totally that sux

forgive me i made the mistake of thinking it looked obvious what i was doing guess not my apologies!

yo i thought of an idea to get around that if it helps heat the wax a drop on the tool over the pad and drip it onto the pad
Just got on the current MassDrop for the Mighty.....11hrs left.....I am really lookingforward to its arrival to see what all the Mighty love is all about :love:
Get a vapecase from Randy at PuffItUp, I did and I love it.

GTAVaper

Get a vapecase from Randy at PuffItUp, I did and I love it.

Actually, I got one for my Solo that I kept and will use for my new Mighty when it arrives. I think that I'll either have to cut out the existing foam to fit a spot for the Mighty, take it out completely or buy some new foam that I can cut out to suit the Mighty exactly.

LouFeinberg

Muzzmod v1

To start you need a crafty or mighty cooling unit and a 18mm to 14mm reducer.

muzzmod1.jpg

Unfortunately often times when you buy glass from eBay it has some sharp edges. This needs to be remedied.

muzzmod2.jpg

So out comes the torch.

muzzmod3.jpg

Ah, much better.

muzzmod4.jpg

Take your cooling unit apart and save the extra bits to use for whatever.

muzzmod5.jpg

Cut it in half with a hack saw making sure you don't cut into the bottom portion that your after.

muzzmod6.jpg

Your left with a pretty rough looking piece.

muzzmod7.jpg

Get out some medium grit sandpaper and place on a flat surface. Rub your piece back and forth to remove any high spots.

muzzmod8.jpg

It will look like this when you have it just right.

muzzmod9.jpg

Now use a clamp to hold your newly made piece to the reducer.

muzzmod10.jpg

Make sure you get it good and centered.

muzzmod11.jpg

Now mix your JB Kwik and very carefully using a bamboo skewer apply a thin layer around the edge where the two pieces meet. Try and be as neat as possible. No need to use to much.

muzzmod12.jpg

muzzmod13.jpg

And you are finished. Let it cure overnight then wash it really well. Insert a screen and enjoy.

I feel like this is a goofy question, but I've read the first 2592 posts on this thread (yes, as I type this, 2592; took me a couple of weeks), and if I saw the answer, my eyes glazed over it: which glass is that in the video? I love the look of that!

And other folks using the muzzmod, which glass are you using?

Thanks!

LouFeinberg,

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
I feel like this is a goofy question, but I've read the first 2592 posts on this thread (yes, as I type this, 2592; took me a couple of weeks), and if I saw the answer, my eyes glazed over it: which glass is that in the video? I love the look of that!

And other folks using the muzzmod, which glass are you using?

Thanks!
Looks like one of VapeXhale's Hydra Base on the bottom, the middle chamber with the tree perc looks like a non-VXH HydraTube and a mouthpiece on top. I say non-VXH because I've not seen them produce HydraTubes with glass attachment on the top for a mouthpiece, usually it's a regular mouthpiece. A bit expensive, as well. http://www.vapexhale.com/collections/hydratubes

If you're trying to get ~90% of the functionality and only pay ~10% of the price tags for brand-name glass, we have a thread for that too, check the last 30-50 pages (a lot i know lol) to get an up-to-date idea of what's what. http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/cheap-high-quality-bubbler.5255/page-724#post-825812

Quetzalcoatl,

subway13029

I use the muzz mod with all my glass..I use my silicon ratchet song with cooling unit and muzz mod with straight glass..I love it..big milky hits..

subway13029,
Top Bottom