The Mighty/Mighty+ by Storz & Bickel

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
oh man thank you, lmao.
:rofl:That's what I'm here for :myday:

...let us know how straight shatter works for you with no herb, I haven't tried that method yet...but I would put the dab on the bottom on the liquid pad as opposed to the top (so the escaping oils that travel 'up' get trapped in the oil pad and not into the cooling unit where they won't get warm enough to work)

and heat up the mighty to temp BEFORE putting the oil pad in, just to keep possible 'drippage' of goo into the heating chamber holes

WakeAndVape,

Slow Draw McGraw

Company Rep
So I used my mighty plugged in today.
I notice that when it reached my set temp it didnt vibrate.
However when I go towards end of the session and I climbed up to another temp (over 10 degrees ) it vibrated?

Also, anyone draw from their mighty dropping it about 8(or more) degrees then have it climb back up to temp sluggish as if it doesn't want to move back up? Do you have to play with with temps to get it to climb back up to the temp you were originally at then step it down to set the default to where it was before?
Like this:
set at 386, draw for 10 seconds and temp drops to 377. It then climbs to 380 and rocks between 382-383. I then press the default to be 389 so it can speed back up to temp. It then becomes speedy and gets to 387 where I then press it back down to 386 for default. Is anyone else having to do this? Are your heaters recovering up to default temps faster after hits?

This is all while plugged in. When not plugged in it reacts the same. Also, I remember someone mentioning air intake because they had vapor blowback. Would blowback from a water peice damage this the heater? I have not used with water but am afraid If accidentally cause blowback and vapor to come out of intake it would damage something.

Slow Draw McGraw,

blazedd

:rofl:That's what I'm here for :myday:

...let us know how straight shatter works for you with no herb, I haven't tried that method yet...but I would put the dab on the bottom on the liquid pad as opposed to the top (so the escaping oils that travel 'up' get trapped in the oil pad and not into the cooling unit where they won't get warm enough to work)

and heat up the mighty to temp BEFORE putting the oil pad in, just to keep possible 'drippage' of goo into the heating chamber holes
It was actually pretty good. I think I am beginning to understand "taste"
Weird to say I'm sure, but I've never actually tasted herb. All my friends taking rips of same bud as me, always like oh man this tastes like strawberries.. this tastes like lemon.. etc etc.. never through combusting or vaping have I actually tasted anything, but with the shatter - I almost tasted something... it was very very light taste but it was there. Also the liquid pad idea was GREAT! Thank you!

My pad actually opens up in 3 different sections, first and last layer are thin but middle is thick, just opened up the top - melted some really fire live resin in between first and middle layer and sandwiched it right in the center. I also left my mighty flat on the table - so when it melts, it would have to go down and on the side - which it did and got quite sticky as I kept checking on it - but eventually, it was all vaped away :)
LASTED FOREVER compared to a bowl of bud.
*I actually recommend not opening and checking on it, I was just worried it would melt into the heater, but it was totally fine on it's side, there's just no where to go for it like that. (kinda)

I REALLY wish this thing had a bigger bowl though, I just feel like the high of vaping stays around for like 10-15 minutes. Been having a hard transition from combusting to vaping, gotta have extra long sessions and pack a lot of bowls to barely pass the 15 min high mark. Hopefully the EVO cloud will counter that and I can use this for portability... till Thursday!
*to be fair, combusting was like 30-40 min (.1 fire dabs or dry herb one hitter bowls in fat bowls).. so yeah probably just need a T-break, but it's been like... 2 years since one.. I really don't want to :p

So I used my mighty plugged in today.
I notice that when it reached my set temp it didnt vibrate.
However when I go towards end of the session and I climbed up to another temp (over 10 degrees ) it vibrated?

Also, anyone draw from their mighty dropping it about 8(or more) degrees then have it climb back up to temp sluggish as if it doesn't want to move back up? Do you have to play with with temps to get it to climb back up to the temp you were originally at then step it down to set the default to where it was before?
Like this:
set at 386, draw for 10 seconds and temp drops to 377. It then climbs to 380 and rocks between 382-383. I then press the default to be 389 so it can speed back up to temp. It then becomes speedy and gets to 387 where I then press it back down to 386 for default. Is anyone else having to do this? Are your heaters recovering up to default temps faster after hits?

This is all while plugged in. When not plugged in it reacts the same. Also, I remember someone mentioning air intake because they had vapor blowback. Would blowback from a water peice damage this the heater? I have not used with water but am afraid If accidentally cause blowback and vapor to come out of intake it would damage something.
I was reading about this before I got my Mighty. Someone said they put it at some temp, maybe 190, and it went up to 190 but didn't vibrate. Went back down to 189 and 190 over and over. He raised it 1 degree and boom it vibrated. I was kinda thinking, well maybe he's been using it for a long time and they have a 2 year warranty so it should be fine. But it actually happened already once to me, 2nd day after purchase. It went up to 210, 209, 208, 209, 210, just kept hovering around... no vibration of course. I started hitting anyway and then it suddenly vibrated. Happened again same day but this time I either went up or down in temp and boom, vibrated. Really strange. I really hope it's nothing too important.

Last edited:
blazedd,

gucci23430

It doesn't have a true pass through for power. If you completely discharge it it will require a slight charge before it will function. It's just the way it is. Thankfully a minute or two on the charger is enough to get it past the threshold. If your sending it back for this reason I think your wasting yours and s&bs time.

agreed.. I look alot at TheVapeCritics videos and he says that one of the differences between the mighty and the crafty was that it rebooted back up faster when having to plug it in... and the crafty takes i believe he said 20 minutes or so but im not sure.. kinda like a iphone that's completely at 0 battery life.. have to wait for it to charge a bit.. like most phones now a days neways.. So I dont see why it's a pain to people...

gucci23430

Hey all I dont get the hash between the liquid pads.. there pretty freaking thick... how do you do it? a liquid pad directly inside then the hash then another? or just putback the cooler chamber back on>>>? i dont get it i wasted one already since i saw some dumbas ssay he cut his in half.. how the fuck do you got that in half without losing a bunch of metal .. lol neways the shit works wonders with herb.. but the hash i dont get it yet.. if anyone can help please hit me up thanks....

gucci23430,

Slow Draw McGraw

Company Rep
I did some searching, and could not find much on my question. My Mighty ticks when in use and when it is off right after doing a session; is any one else experiencing this? If so, any idea why it's doing this? I would email S&B, but I figured I'd come to FC first.

Slow Draw McGraw,

lapsda00

Hey all I dont get the hash between the liquid pads.. there pretty freaking thick... how do you do it? a liquid pad directly inside then the hash then another? or just putback the cooler chamber back on>>>? i dont get it i wasted one already since i saw some dumbas ssay he cut his in half.. how the fuck do you got that in half without losing a bunch of metal .. lol neways the shit works wonders with herb.. but the hash i dont get it yet.. if anyone can help please hit me up thanks....

it depends of what type of hash are u using. You can just throw hash in the chamber and a screen on top then close it with mouthpiece -another way is to put a thin layer of herb and than hash on top and a screen on top. Or you can put a liquid pad in the chamber hash on top and just close it with mouthpiece. There is no way that it harms your mighty - the last way cause maybe more cleaning but that´s no problem.It works well in every way u use it

lapsda00,

blazedd

Uhh... just pull apart the liquid pad very gently and it will come apart a little bit, no lost metal. Mine opened up and looks like a "M" Open up one of the side bars and put your hash in the center and close it back up... super simple.
I did some searching, and could not find much on my question. My Mighty ticks when in use and when it is off right after doing a session; is any one else experiencing this? If so, any idea why it's doing this? I would email S&B, but I figured I'd come to FC first.
You aren't talking about the vibration right? It vibrates when you turn it on, when it reaches desired temperature and when it auto-shutdowns after a minute or so. Notification system.

Jamayah

Is it the mighty or the charger? my charger makes a very faint ticking sound right after I unplug it. Doesn't last very long.

Slow Draw McGraw

Company Rep
I am talking about an actual ticking/click sound. Its only one tick/click technically when it occurs, but at mulitple random moments. Its random I tried a temp test to see if that was a cause. At first, I took it as the plastic "settling" but after over 10 sessions, its still doing it. Its happens during use, and after its off immediately after a session. Its not loud, but not faint enough for me to not hear it. It's definitely the unit and not the charger.

Slow Draw McGraw,

BioSector

Can't say I've heard any noises out of my Mighty. Mine is one of the first run units so the battery moves around inside a bit but once a few fins break I'll send it in for service and upgrade. :)

Michel

Is it eventually caused by different thermal expansion of materials? Since it's only ticking when hot or just cooling down...
The sound is very similar to a small electric contactor closing a low power current.

Vapetrees

Vaped Out
If any one lives in Southern California, there's a Mighty on Craigslist for three hundred dollars that looks pretty new.

Vapetrees,

HellsWindStaff

Dharma Initiate
I'm excited...I got the order in today fast enough that it's already shipping :D

Edit: I should say, I REALLY am hyped about this, my posts don't really do it justice. I've always wanted a S&B vape, but the bags don't appeal to me, and I was eyeing the Plenty as well for its big load, but I figured with its good battery life, I should be able to get a group of 4 people pretty high off the Mighty. And don't need to be tethered to any power cords.

I really like the look. I value a nice aesthetic, and that was also a huge selling point with me.

Last edited:

Vapetrees

Vaped Out
I'm excited...I got the order in today fast enough that it's already shipping :D

Edit: I should say, I REALLY am hyped about this, my posts don't really do it justice. I've always wanted a S&B vape, but the bags don't appeal to me, and I was eyeing the Plenty as well for its big load, but I figured with its good battery life, I should be able to get a group of 4 people pretty high off the Mighty. And don't need to be tethered to any power cords.

I really like the look. I value a nice aesthetic, and that was also a huge selling point with me.
It's my go to vape now, I love it and YOU will too. I have never used a desktop but I have used my solo with a water adapter and I must say the Mighty pulls clouds as big as my solo from a water tool just on it's own. I have yet to try it with my bong, but I haven't felt the need to. Sometimes I can't even finish the load all on my own because it gets me faded so fast.

broken_sound

So my Mighty is leaking when used with a bubbler...

I use my Mighty with a D020-D and both of the following gong adapters:
GonG Adapter: www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkITYcB_l7s
GonG Whip: http://www.vaporizerwizard.com/crafty-mighty-water-pipe-adapter-tutorial/

Originally when using the whip I would notice small amounts of vapor leaking out of the Mighty around this region http://i.imgur.com/HBXGNmn.jpg
I've found if you don't flush the bubbler the vapor will leak out quite thick due to the blow back from the water (I assume).

When using the GonG adapter I found it to leak very quickly upon reaching the desired temp and after a few draws to get it going. During normal use if there are long peroids between draws vapor will just start to leak out. I'm wondering if this is due to the orientation of the Mighty and the small volume between the herb screen and the water level which builds up and is then forced back through the unit causing the leak.

I'm wondering if this is normal for the Mighty, the only reason I'm concerned is I have dropped it a few times from small heights (onto carpeted floors).

In addition, my ideal usage would be to not have to flush the bubbler after a pull with the Mighty (unlike the volcano bag adapter, which I don't flush after the first few pulls), so I am in the market for a nice 'flagship' bubbler with minimal blow back.

Any suggestions?

Cheers.

broken_sound,

Slow Draw McGraw

Company Rep

GonG Whip: http://www.vaporizerwizard.com/crafty-mighty-water-pipe-adapter-tutorial/

Originally when using the whip I would notice small amounts of vapor leaking out of the Mighty around this region http://i.imgur.com/HBXGNmn.jpg
I've found if you don't flush the bubbler the vapor will leak out quite thick due to the blow back from the water (I assume).

When using the GonG adapter I found it to leak very quickly upon reaching the desired temp and after a few draws to get it going. During normal use if there are long peroids between draws vapor will just start to leak out. I'm wondering if this is due to the orientation of the Mighty and the small volume between the herb screen and the water level which builds up and is then forced back through the unit causing the leak.

I'm wondering if this is normal for the Mighty, the only reason I'm concerned is I have dropped it a few times from small heights (onto carpeted floors).

In addition, my ideal usage would be to not have to flush the bubbler after a pull with the Mighty (unlike the volcano bag adapter, which I don't flush after the first few pulls), so I am in the market for a nice 'flagship' bubbler with minimal blow back.

Any suggestions?

Cheers.
Vapor leaking from the mouthpiece is a result of conduction heating. Vapor coming out from the image you supplied is the air intake and is the result of what you guessed, blowback. It will happen if you don't pull the Mighty off to clear the bubbler. So everything is normal, vape on my friend.

blazedd

Any suggestions?

Cheers.
I get some vapor leaking from there too, I use a whip with 18mm adapter, pull the adapter out while inhaling, still get that blowback.

Where did you get that glass on glass adapter? Looks way better than using my whip and an adapter.
Sweet.. http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/the-mighty-by-storz-bickel.16000/page-65#post-736263

Last edited:
blazedd,

HellsWindStaff

Dharma Initiate
HellsWindStaff,

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
so yeah probably just need a T-break, but it's been like... 2 years since one.. I really don't want to :p
i definetly understand your struggle, i probably need one too, but vaping makes you a slave to the bud
...I'd let a pack of zags sit while I took a break...but not the mighty, I spent too much money on it NOT to use it, and I have to test the limits while IN warranty :science:

Alan Partridge

Smell my cheese
I got an email today to say my Mighty replacement will be delivered in two days, that's a 10 day turnaround including the bank holiday, not bad. Considering I ordered a MiniVap 2 days before I sent the Mighty to Germany, and I don't have the MiniVap yet, you can say S&B customer service is pretty speedy. Can't wait to be reunited with my love on Friday :love:

Top Bottom