The Mighty/Mighty+ by Storz & Bickel

Vapetrees

Vaped Out
@adam_baumm I'll try it when I get home and let you know.

I noticed I can drop the temperature on my mighty to up to 15 degrees, should I wait for it to get back to temperature before hitting it again?

Vital

Muzzmod v1

To start you need a crafty or mighty cooling unit and a 18mm to 14mm reducer.

muzzmod1.jpg

Unfortunately often times when you buy glass from eBay it has some sharp edges. This needs to be remedied.

muzzmod2.jpg

So out comes the torch.

muzzmod3.jpg

Ah, much better.

muzzmod4.jpg

Take your cooling unit apart and save the extra bits to use for whatever.

muzzmod5.jpg

Cut it in half with a hack saw making sure you don't cut into the bottom portion that your after.

muzzmod6.jpg

Your left with a pretty rough looking piece.

muzzmod7.jpg

Get out some medium grit sandpaper and place on a flat surface. Rub your piece back and forth to remove any high spots.

muzzmod8.jpg

It will look like this when you have it just right.

muzzmod9.jpg

Now use a clamp to hold your newly made piece to the reducer.

muzzmod10.jpg

Make sure you get it good and centered.

muzzmod11.jpg

Now mix your JB Kwik and very carefully using a bamboo skewer apply a thin layer around the edge where the two pieces meet. Try and be as neat as possible. No need to use to much.

muzzmod12.jpg

muzzmod13.jpg

And you are finished. Let it cure overnight then wash it really well. Insert a screen and enjoy.

I was hoping someone in the group is familiar with epoxy and can answer a question for me please.
J-B make two different formulas of there liquid epoxy. J-B Kwik, and J-B Weld. J-B Weld has a longer set, and cure time, but its able to withstand much higher temperatures. It says on the package that its good up to 550F. Which one do you think would be a better choice? Here is a link to J-B Weld: http://www.jbweld.com/collections/all/products/j-b-weld-twin-tube, If you aren't familar with J-B Kwik here is the link for it: http://www.jbweld.com/collections/all/products/kwikweld-twin-tube Which would you recommend, and why? J-B Weld can withstand much higher temperatures than J-B Kwik.

Vital,
Reactions: skrap

Slow Draw McGraw

Company Rep
Since using the mighty I noticed the avb is a lot less lighter than my other vapes even at the highest temperature. Do you guys have light brown avb? It's very even though I just thought it would be darker since it has a powerful heater.
You might want to forget everything you know about ABV with the Mighty. I vaped two bowls and it came out light golden brown color both times. Then I put the ABV in my Solo and turned up to temp 7 and got no vapor. Dumped it out, and color had not changed much.

Vapetrees

Vaped Out
You might want to forget everything you know about ABV with the Mighty. I vaped two bowls and it came out light golden brown color both times. Then I put the ABV in my Solo and turned up to temp 7 and got no vapor. Dumped it out, and color had not changed much.
That's so reassuring I was planning to do this yesterday but I got lazy. I just figured something was wrong with my Mighty but I guess not. It does leave it light brown and sometimes golden, something my solo has never done or the Pax unless it's at petal two. Thanks for the information that gives me peace of mind. I also noticed that with about 10 pulls its done, even if I start at low temps and go up it seems like it's out and it doesn't produce vapor anymore at the higher temperatures.

Last edited:

Slow Draw McGraw

Company Rep
That's so reassuring I was planning to do this yesterday but I got lazy. I just figured something was wrong with my Mighty but I guess not. It does leave it light brown and golden something my solo has never done or the Pax unless it's at petal two. Thanks for the information that give me peace of mind. I also noticed that within 10 pulls its done. If I go up in temperature it still seems like it's out it doesn't produce vapor anymore.
Yes, I experienced the same thing. 10 pulls and done. Turned up temp, and no vapor. So it has a lot to do with that temp you start at because it extracts so quickly.

Slow Draw McGraw,
Reactions: adam_baumm
I've read this entire thread and I've seen it mentioned occasionally, but overall what do you all think of the Mighty with Shatter, Wax and Crumble?

Cannabis Connoisseur,

Boxman

What's the simplest way to reclaim resin from the Mighty cooling unit? Has anyone tried boiling the CU pieces in milk and making hot chocolate out of it? I imagine you wouldn't even need to bring it to boil; very hot milk would probably be enough to loosen the resin as long as you keep stirring.

I wonder if that would be safe...

HellsWindStaff

Dharma Initiate
Is there any plans on updating the top so it doesn't break easily? That is a MIGHTY fine reason that keeps me wary of this vape. I do not like the idea of a 400 piece of equipment being so fragile just with regular use.

I'm very wary in general in shelling so much cash out, but I'm getting tested at the end of summer for a client...think I'm just gonna wait til that's done and pick one up. This thing looks so fucking cool, I've been lamenting over not getting one

adam_baumm

Hi hellswindstaff, I am much happier to have parted with my hard earned dollars and to have this vape, than if I did not. Also I paid full price and was dinged with a 130$ brokerage fee for it to cross the border. Best experience I have had with herbs in my 20+ years of being a chronic smoker.

@Vapetrees that is a big drop in temps for me, are you sure you didn't get a crafty ;)

When I have dried herb tamped in there with a screen on top of the load I only take short hits and drop less than 5 degrees C with dense dense vapor. But I have heard of 5 to 10 degree drops, another footnote, are you king Kong maybe that splains it. Jokes man. Hope you enjoy your mighty.

Vapetrees

Vaped Out
@adam_baumm lmao! Yeah I was taking big rips since everyone's been saying to hit however and it works lol. I noticed it dropped that much only when the battery was running low. Yesterday I used it plugged in and I can confirm that it does in fact work better plugged in, or with a full battery. I also put some of my avb in my solo and it did produce vapor albeit it wasn't very dense. I think it produced vapor only because I used it at 400 degrees and then put it in the solo.

Slow Draw McGraw

Company Rep
@adam_baumm lmao! Yeah I was taking big rips since everyone's been saying to hit however and it works lol. I noticed it dropped that much only when the battery was running low. Yesterday I used it plugged in and I can confirm that it does in fact work better plugged in, or with a full battery. I also put some of my avb in my solo and it did produce vapor albeit it wasn't very dense. I think it produced vapor only because I used it at 400 degrees and then put it in the solo.

Those wispy hits you got out of the ABV using the Solo would have also come out of the Mighty. Its because when you dont get big rips on the mighty you stop vaping but there is in fact a little vapor left. So when you put it in the Solo (to check, not to rip) it will give you the same little bit of vapor left. I tested this yesterday, twice.

Last edited:

Vapetrees

Vaped Out
Those wispy you got out of the ABV using the Solo would have also come out of the Mighty. Its because when you dont get big rips on the mighty you stop vaping but there is in fact a little vapor left. So when you put it in the Solo (to check, not to rip) it will give you the same little bit of vapor left. I tested this yesterday, twice.
Dude you're clutch, I just felt like I had to know if in fact this powerful device was extracting it completely like I think my solo does. The Mighty is a different beast though now that I know more about it and am learning to use it. Every vape has a learning curve as I hated the Pax2 when I first got it because I thought it was ineffective, but when I learned to use it I fell in love with it just like this Mighty.

adam_baumm

Here is a recent pic of my mighty s/n 500's. It works as well as day 1 with heavy daily use. There are two pieces broken off the top docking part and a piece of the fin has broken off, all ascetic.
Today I cleaned the area where the air intake is, there was a nice amount of debris in there. The air intake is in the cavity just north of the top right corner of the display when facing the mighty. I found this out cuz when I had a heated load going I blew really hard in there to clear the debris out and to my amazement dense vapor came out of the mouthpiece. This opened my mind to being able to do a super toke with the mighty ;)
yPYHHvA.jpg

zaphod42

Just received my first Mighty. Got it from the last Massdrop for $346 delivered. The Massdrop experience was OK. It was kind of an impulse buy to be honest. Took about a month all told from committing to buy to having it in my hands.

My vape collection pre-Mighty is an e-Nano which is my daily driver, a Solo for when I'm out and about and a Plenty which I never use due to the huge bowl size/lack of efficiency.

First impressions of the Mighty are that like all the S&B products I've used it feels like a quality piece of machinery. It's the same type of plastics as on the Plenty. They're plastic, but quality plastic. The Mighty is not as big as I thought it would be. The Crafty must be nice and small because the Mighty is only a bit large.

Plugged it in to charge it up. Screen comes right on and it vibrates. Screen is nice and bright and legible. Battery was already charged to 5/6 bars. Let it charge to 6 while I read the manual. Took about 10 minutes to charge up fully.

Unplugged it and figured out how to use the filling tool. Not particularly intuitive. Ended up watching a YouTube vid to get the idea of how it works. Once you know it's reasonably helpful and I expect I will continue to use it.

I put 2x the amount that I put in my e-Nano GonG into the Mighty. I also put 2x the e-Nano amount in my shorty Solo stem. The bowl on the Mighty is pretty large and that 2x still looked like a pretty minuscule amount in the Mighty bowl. I don't have a scale accurate enough to weigh the tiny amounts I use in the e-Nano, but I'm guessing somewhere between .01 and .05g.

It kind of felt like that wasn't going to be enough to get it going, which was the problem I had with the Plenty, although the Mighty bowl is MUCH smaller than the Plenty's. Nonetheless I decided to put the liquid pad on and give it a go.

All in all filling it was pretty easy and will likely get easier once I do it a few times. Having to deal with the liquid pad is a bit of a pain but not that big of a deal.

Powered on the unit (it turns on quite easily) and the default temp was 356F. After I switched it to F. Decided to give that a shot. Let it heat up. Didn't time it but seemed a good deal faster than heat up time for my Solo. Took a first hit. It was perfectly cool and smooth. No drag at all. Tasted great but a little wispy when I blew out. Second hit was a fairly decent cloud, still good flavor. Third hit still tasted good but a bit wispy again. Bumped the temp to 375 which didn't take long to reach. 4th hit was a pretty good cloud, not much flavor, certainly no bad flavor. Bumped up to 385. OK cloud, no real flavor. Bumped up to 410. Wispy cloud, slight popcorn taste. One more hit that didn't really produce and I called it done.

Once the unit cooled down I opened it and checked the ABV. Just like everyone says the Mighty is VERY even in it's application of heat. The ABV was uniformly chocolate brown. No light or dark flecks at all. Much more even than either the e-Nano or the Solo.

I'm pretty sufficiently ripped. I feel like I got about the same amount of medication out of the amount of material as I would have in the e-Nano. Next I'll try half the amount and see how that works.

I doubt the Mighty will replace my e-Nano as my desktop unit but I'm pretty positive it will replace the Solo as my portable. The vapor tastes better and is smoother and cooler than the Solo, I think it's at least as efficient (probably moreso) and with no fiddly glass stems to deal with the Mighty wins in portability I think.

All in all I'm pretty happy with my purchase and looking forward to experimenting with it more! Thanks for all the tips and opinions in this thread.

BioSector

Coming up on 3 months with my Mighty. Still find it as awesome as the day I got it. Mine is an oldish unit though it did have the C/F firmware installed at least. Only thing I have done is swapped the default screens in the cooling unit with some much finer ones more like what is at the bottom of the bowl.

For cleaning, I take care of it when I feel the weight difference between my in use cooling unit and a spare clean one. Don't really have the means to store a bunch of reclaim so I just soak the pieces in ISO for 20 mins and use qtips on anything really sticky. It's a ritual I do while watching something on Sunday nights.

VAS alive and well though as I just placed on order for a Crafty. Why??

Mrmrmrmr

How's everyone in mighty land ?!
I'm feeling pretty damn good myself. Took a quick half mile run with my BC, did some ab stuff,pull-ups ,worked with BC on jumping through hoops. Now were both chilling on the bed. Going back to work soon ,can't wait to relax with mighty tonight !
I noticed someone posted Elmo's wpa solution. I'm not knxokingbecuae it's great I just thought I would voice my solution to adopting the mighty to water. I take a tiny piece of Herbie whip put that on a slightly larger piece and then on ssv tubing (which fits any 14mm female).very simple ! Pm me if you want one I have enough whip to send a few out. But if you have a few odds and ends you'll probably be able to rig something up. Recently I've been dabbing some superb shatter in the mighty. So clean and pure!
It handles concentrates is well. My smoking buddy was once again impressed. He was so skeptical when I was loading the shatter
"You sure it won't just melt off"
Handed him the first hit and 10secs later "cough" "cough"
It's sooo smooth...
Damn right it is :tup::rockon:
Checkout my latest setup for chill sessions.
sd0hma.jpg

jmanvfl

What was I gonna put here......
Just stopping back by to say that after a little more than 2 months this thing is still blowing me away. I have shared with several friends, all of them combusters, and they have all been impressed.
I have had absolutely 0 issues so far. This thing goes everywhere I go and gets abused but keeps on keeping on. I wear cargo shorts 90% of the time and it's always in my pocket, along with the filling tool loaded with flowers. I've yet to break a fin or any other part.

One thing I do that not many here do is instead of using the oil pads I just fill the bowl and use one of the rectangular screens that came with my indica on top of the bowl and then put the cooling unit on. I never felt like I was getting all I could get with the oil pads. May have been mental but the screen works much better for me.

I love this thing so much I may just buy another one haha its that good. All my other vapes have been retired. Hell I gave away my FM V8 yesterday

Edit: sorry not all are retired. I got a storm last week from @VapeFiend and am using it as well. I use it when I am moving down the road

BioSector

I never felt like I was getting all I could get with the oil pads. May have been mental but the screen works much better for me.

I found the same. The restricted airflow with the liquid pad and taste change just didn't do it for me. I just push a spare screen over the load if I'm not filling the bowl. I folded a small spot on the edge to easily fit the tamping tool to pop it out when done.

Vapetrees

Vaped Out
Sorry but what's the purpose of putting a screen on top of the load? It seems to me that it wouldn't be able to go anywhere with the cooling chamber attached.

Vapetrees,

uhranium

lol, my newest trick. Out of dope I started to heat up the mighty, took some draws to heat up the CU, opened it while still on the mighty and "cleaned" the oily sticky insides with the liquid pad. Put that thing inside the Mighty and got nice clouds again. Love this thing.

Top Bottom