• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

The Mighty/Mighty+ by Storz & Bickel

Tonez1

Hi. New to FC altho i have been reading up for a while now and love it! bought my mighty 2 weeks ago and am delighted!! I am however having the problem with unit not vibrating at set temps when batt is 3 bars or less. I contacted S&B and they have told me to send it in for service, i want to know if anyone else has had this and if S&B replace the unit or just fix the problem?? I really dont feel like being without my amazing mighty for up to 2 weeks and i feel i can kind of live with the problem if it means no seperation from it. I would obviously rather a perfectly working unit for the price of it tho. Any info would be of great help. Thanks

Tonez1,

skyvaper

Hi. New to FC altho i have been reading up for a while now and love it! bought my mighty 2 weeks ago and am delighted!! I am however having the problem with unit not vibrating at set temps when batt is 3 bars or less. I contacted S&B and they have told me to send it in for service, i want to know if anyone else has had this and if S&B replace the unit or just fix the problem?? I really dont feel like being without my amazing mighty for up to 2 weeks and i feel i can kind of live with the problem if it means no seperation from it. I would obviously rather a perfectly working unit for the price of it tho. Any info would be of great help. Thanks
At the price we paid for the mighty the vibration should work every time but it doesnt. It doesnt take away from performance at all but its an expectation. I got my replacement for the same issue and still at about 2 bars its hit or miss when it hits temp. Id say hold off on sending it in. Not worth the separation anxiety unless you have a nice back up or 2 or 3 or.....VAS.

Tonez1

At the price we paid for the mighty the vibration should work every time but it doesnt. It doesnt take away from performance at all but its an expectation. I got my replacement for the same issue and still at about 2 bars its hit or miss when it hits temp. Id say hold off on sending it in. Not worth the separation anxiety unless you have a nice back up or 2 or 3 or.....VAS.
Hi. Thanks for your reply, my mighty struggles even with 3 bars, and i totally agree that for the money it should vibrate every time. I only have my MFLB as backup :-( i did buy a firefly from online auction site but it was a fake so sent it back. Tbh a break from the mighty may not be a bad idea as i havnt got much done since i bought it lol. And yea VAS is becoming a real problem, my Mrs doesnt even know about the mighty yet!

Boxman

I'm not a big fan of taking a couple of draws and turning it off. When you let the material cool and then heat it up again, I find you never get quite as much vapour out of it compared to getting through it all in one session. Smaller loads would be better. You might be better off with a convection only vape if you want to take a hit and put it down for an hour IMO.

I agree completely. While you can restart a session, it isn't quite the same. Better to use a smaller load and finish it. Or get a convection vape for your quick indoor medication needs.

I split a lot of my time between a couple buildings and keep a convection vape plugged in, and on, in each building. Now I need a place to secure my mighty when I'm out on my tractor or lawn mower.

If this is a real phenomenon, wouldn't it also affect pure convection units? I'm talking about hitting your weed and then coming back later to finish the bowl. If this is a bad thing, then wouldn't people have the same problem with units like firefly, arizer extreme Q, etc?

Just curious what's actually happening to the weed in this scenario.

Boxman,
Reactions: shredder

shredder

If this is a real phenomenon, wouldn't it also affect pure convection units? I'm talking about hitting your weed and then coming back later to finish the bowl. If this is a bad thing, then wouldn't people have the same problem with units like firefly, arizer extreme Q, etc?

Just curious what's actually happening to the weed in this scenario.

In a convection vape like an enano, you can remove the stem with the weed in it and it stops cooking. Same thing on my ssv, just remove the wand that holds the weed, on my volcano to stop heating you turn off the fan and remove the herb chamber.

While you can stop a mighty in mid bowl, and I have, the bowl will continue to cook the enclosed herb until it cools down. You can help it cool down by hitting it after you turn it off. Or take off the cooling unit. But it does cook your herb somewhat. Better to use partial loads in our mighty than to restart large loads, IMHO.

aj0125

Hey @aj0125 when they say discharge completely does that mean vape until it does or run the mighty without herb continuously until it dies? :nod:

On the phone they said vape with it until completely dead, then let charge completely.

Thx for posting this. I am curious as it seems my battery meter is filling up (unit charging) when I am plugged in and vaping which is contrary to what some have posted that charging and draining a l ion battery is not a good thing. I usually let mine drain to 2 or 3 bars then plug in without using to tap it back to full , then remove from ac cable. I only use it while charging if i have gone to 2 bars or less.​

I believe it will charge while it is being used and plugged in (in general). The guy I talked to on the phone at S&B said that charging the batteries heats them up and using the unit heats them up so he would not recommend doing both at the same time for long term life prolongation, but you can do it. I think given all the information I received from them to use it plugged in and stress the unit the least use it plugged in with a full or nearly full charge :2c:

fatbiker

-RYOT smell-safe bags are TOTALLY NOT SMELL-PROOF. I had the Mighty and grounded herbs inside the Ryot bag, sitting inside the center console in my car. My friend (who doesn't smoke marijuana) got in the car and was like "Wow, it smells like pot." Fuck that bag, I ended up getting a Pelican 1040 case. Those plastic cases with the rubber gasket and mason jar like closing device are amazingly smell-proof. I know this from experience because this is the amazingly smell-proof case I've had for the Pax 1 and Pax 2 over the years... it freaking rocks:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hard-Case-f...830?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item20f5781fb6

I am currently sing the Ryot bag and I happen to think it works great.

fatbiker,

shredder

anyone else annoyed by the sticker on the back of this thing getting messed up with the tiniest scratch? haha.

Scars are the new tattoos. Badges of honor. Like those patches on college football players helmets. Each scratch tells a story recorded for all time. I mean if you bought a mighty, it's like a prop for a mad max movie, lol. You can't get upset over a boo boo.

radiant34

Scars are the new tattoos. Badges of honor. Like those patches on college football players helmets. Each scratch tells a story recorded for all time. I mean if you bought a mighty, it's like a prop for a mad max movie, lol. You can't get upset over a boo boo.
lmao ofcourse not, it just gives me a cheap impression for a product i paid a good sum of money for.
something about that plastic throws me the wrong way.

hybride

Vapin' with my Mighty
I know, right. Ive been worrying about the sticker. I mean, I dont really care but it has bothered me a few times how I scratched it. Its weird indeed how easily it gets scratched. Ive literally only held my mighty like I would hold a real baby and yet the sticker got the scratches. Damn, maybe its just the fact that this thing gets me too high, haha.

biohacker

That's odd, I USE my Mighty....and I mean USE it..... not a scratch, just a couple of cracked ribs that are hardly even noticeable.

I'm really starting to enjoy using the Mighty on a/c power with the full charge! I'm not as paranoid as I was before using it plugged in.

Michel

anyone else annoyed by the sticker on the back of this thing getting messed up with the tiniest scratch? haha.

21812880my.jpg

Mine is scratch resistant... I simply scratched the black paint off completely :mental:. Not sure if it looks better now. :hmm:

Edit for clarification

Last edited:

GrkCdn

So if the batteries are full and you plug it in....it doesn't overcharge the batteries? Is that what S&B is saying? What if you use the car charger?

biohacker

So if the batteries are full and you plug it in....it doesn't overcharge the batteries? Is that what S&B is saying? What if you use the car charger?

Nope, it doesn't look like it. If the batteries are full and I use it, it doesn't show it charging. Then after my sesh the batteries are still full. That's battery bypass like they say... but if the battery is partially run down, it will charge it in bursts as it sees fit I assume. I just like using it on a full battery plugged in because I have an outlet nearby and think that using it this way prevents wear on the battery. I'm running down my batteries presently because I think the battery guage wasn't being very accurate.

The vibration and even reaching top temp continues to be elusive...sometimes it will just hover 1c before the set temp. I'll maybe eventually send both the Mighty's in.... but not anytime soon. Good reason for a T-break though! The wife's Mighty is my backup! lol All other backups have been sold! That's how much I love the Mighty!

Boxman

In a convection vape like an enano, you can remove the stem with the weed in it and it stops cooking. Same thing on my ssv, just remove the wand that holds the weed, on my volcano to stop heating you turn off the fan and remove the herb chamber.

While you can stop a mighty in mid bowl, and I have, the bowl will continue to cook the enclosed herb until it cools down. You can help it cool down by hitting it after you turn it off. Or take off the cooling unit. But it does cook your herb somewhat. Better to use partial loads in our mighty than to restart large loads, IMHO.

So it's not that partially vaping weed is bad per se, but rather an issue of the chamber staying too hot and continuing to cook off your weed, even after shutting off the device and even after taking some hits to cool it down. Would that be correct?

So by that logic, if I open the Mighty and dump the partially vaped contents into a mason jar or something, I'd be fine? I do this with my current vape; take a couple good hits then dump the weed into a jar. Later in the evening when I'm ready for my heavy session, I dump the weed back into the herb chamber and finish vaping it. I use a small cooking funnel to make the dumping and refilling of the chamber quick and tidy (the bottom diameter of the funnel matches my herb chamber). With the Mighty filling tool this would be even easier...

MinnBobber

So it's not that partially vaping weed is bad per se, but rather an issue of the chamber staying too hot and continuing to cook off your weed, even after shutting off the device and even after taking some hits to cool it down. Would that be correct?

So by that logic, if I open the Mighty and dump the partially vaped contents into a mason jar or something, I'd be fine? I do this with my current vape; take a couple good hits then dump the weed into a jar. Later in the evening when I'm ready for my heavy session, I dump the weed back into the herb chamber and finish vaping it. I use a small cooking funnel to make the dumping and refilling of the chamber quick and tidy (the bottom diameter of the funnel matches my herb chamber). With the Mighty filling tool this would be even easier...
.................................................................................

Correct, it's not bad to vape a partial load in a vaporizer that is full or partial conduction, it's just that it continues to bake the load and wastes some goodies.

There is an option that I've used that avoids the hassle of dumping and refilling. You can turn off the Mighty a little early and keep taking some draws with power off , to cool it down. With my buddy's Mighty I have turned it off, taken a big draw, then opened the cooling unit which lets more heat out, put the cooling unit back on, and taken another big draw or two. This got temp to a point where I felt it was not cooking it anymore. Just an option.....

GrkCdn

Nope, it doesn't look like it. If the batteries are full and I use it, it doesn't show it charging. Then after my sesh the batteries are still full. That's battery bypass like they say... but if the battery is partially run down, it will charge it in bursts as it sees fit I assume. I just like using it on a full battery plugged in because I have an outlet nearby and think that using it this way prevents wear on the battery. I'm running down my batteries presently because I think the battery guage wasn't being very accurate.

The vibration and even reaching top temp continues to be elusive...sometimes it will just hover 1c before the set temp. I'll maybe eventually send both the Mighty's in.... but not anytime soon. Good reason for a T-break though! The wife's Mighty is my backup! lol All other backups have been sold! That's how much I love the Mighty!

Interesting. I think I'm going to get the car charger. I wonder if that is the same.

Mine also hovers 1 degree below sometimes. I will turn it up 3 more and then back down for it to vibrate cause it annoys me lol I think it's fine. It def slows down as it gets low but that's batteries for ya.

Top Bottom