• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

the Michael Brown thread

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place
Mainstream media rarely covers a police scandal.

This just isn't true If you read the local papers here where i am they do, even though it's Florida there is coverage of all kinds of breaches of public confidence and bad performance/actions of many local and state law enforcement agencies and officers it's just rarely front page news anymore.

But then again if you own a police scanner you know Not even every murder or shooting makes it into the news anywhere anymore so I'm sure much of what happens never makes it to a reporters ears or publishers desk.

RUDE BOY,
Reactions: Gonzo

Gonzo

Slightly Stoopid
Mainstream media rarely covers a police scandal. There is documented media being put out daily through other channels of information.

Didn't you hear the one last month of the guy who called 911 and the cops shot HIM? Whoops, wrong guy! And if you have a dog, even if the dog weighs 20 pounds that threat will have to be eliminated.

I don't go off of what I hear, I rely on what I can substantiate. I understand that just about everyone in most cases is looking out for what they perceive as their best interest or the best interest of those they care about. That being said, of course there are cover ups, crooked cops, and corrupt police departments. But, the evidence still suggest that those do not represent the majority.

I am not making excuses for those who are corrupt, but using the guilt by association mentality makes us no better than the corrupt that we both agree should be removed and punished.

*Edit*

@RUDE BOY

You are correct. There are few things media outlets love more than a good political/police corruption scandal.

grokit

well-worn member
@SSVUN~YAH's pdf was about the nature of those in a position of authority, the temptations that authority facillitates, and those that choose to blindly follow these people, without questioning the motive, nature or even the ethics of their required duties. At least that's what I think it's about, I have read it all ;)

A lot of it is how people are conditioned. It's been established that our two-party political dynamic is brought about by a the psychological dichotomy of the stern father vs. the nurturing father parenting styles, which basically boil down to opposing family management techniques (and has nothing to do with paternalism versus maternalism imho). It's pretty easy to deduce which of these styles creates democrats and which creates republicans, as one is based upon cooperation with one another and one is based upon competition against each other. Everything is done for a reason, including the way many local police forces won't accept candidates with higher IQ's ("they will get too bored"; yeah right, it's more about following stupid orders from the intellectually inferior, again regardless of the ethics).

Authoritarianism is based upon a top-down hierarchical (vertical) management structure but it's also been established that there is a place for a more cooperative, horizontal management style. Think of costco vs. walmart, they have very different ways of treating their employees. One style empowers the workers, which reduces turnover and training costs, creates more competent employees, adds to the community it is based in, and is always increasing profitability. The other is more machiavellian, always trying to hold wages down so they are always training new employees, which makes it hard to offer competent customer service, or even keep the shelves stocked in many instances. While their low wages force these employees to strain the public safety net just to survive. Companies run like this are at war with everybody, including the politicians that they "lobby" for special tax breaks which further weakens the community they are based in. Everyone wants a costco, while more empowered communities are passing anti-walmart legislation. Guess whose stock is performing better, and which company has put their worldwide expansion plans on hold?

They call these vertical, oppressive management styles "old school" for a reason, and that reason is that they are becoming extinct like the dinosaurs. This includes (but is not limited to) the dinosaur that is currently calling the shots in the world, as a result of winning wwii due to the favorable geography of the land they stole at the end of the gun barrel that they introduced to this new world, along with deadly diseases, and such lovely concepts as slavery, racial cleansing and genocide. We're also currently supporting zionism which has gone way past a failed policy, as antisemitism is on an unprecedented rise all over the world, putting the israeli people at more risk than hamas could ever dream of.

"Konosuke Matsushita firmly believed that a business as large as his was responsible to help all of society prosper, and not simply for those that owned and ran the company to prosper. In 1933 Matsushita, during the great depression, created seven “guiding principles":
  • Service to the public – by providing high-quality goods and services at reasonable prices, we contribute to the public’s well-being;
  • Fairness and honesty – we will be fair and honest in all our business dealings and personal conduct;
  • Teamwork for the common cause – we will pool abilities, based on mutual trust and respect;
  • Uniting effort for improvement – we will constantly strive to improve our corporate and personal performances;
  • Courtesy and humility – we will always be cordial and modest and respect the rights and needs of others;
  • Accordance with natural laws – we will abide by the laws of nature and adjust to the ever-changing conditions around us; and
  • Gratitude for blessings – we will always be grateful for all the blessings and kindness we have received.”
Because the “guiding principles” are such powerful statements and an extension of the Japanese cultural into business, the principles have been renamed the “Seven Spirits of Matsushita" to honor Matsushita."

Now what the fuck were we talking about again?
Oh yeah, anarchy is always the result of oppressive policies. Of course vandalizing stores isn't the answer, but how do we change from the oppressive policies of the world's biggest war & money machine to a more inclusive and cooperative model of doing things? Perhaps we need to re-think the whole war & money machine thing.

Poll: Do You Trust the Government? 87% of Americans Don't

:whip:
:horse:

:goat::puke::dog:

:worms:

Last edited:

Gonzo

Slightly Stoopid
It's all a part of a large, difficult, but necessary conversation. No one's opinion should be ignored and all are important. Many hold similar opinions. So far everyone has been civil and some important points have been brought up.

http://www.ksdk.com/story/news/loca...cops-on-ferguson-teen-michael-brown/14138121/

Now the Police may have inadvertently made the store owners of the alleged robbery a target. Looks like another customer in the store was the one who called police.

What would one of us do if we were in the store and saw what happened? I probably would have called the police as well.

The conversation continues.

*EDIT*

Whatever we disagree on, we can all agree that looting your neighbors and damaging their property is not the way to handle this situation. Hopefully this part doesn't continue. Good to see the good people in the community are supporting the business owners.

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/mi...son-cleans-after-another-night-unrest-n182291

Chill Dude

this whole situation has nothing to do with him shoplifting. the chief of ferg police already released that the cop was not even aware of the shoplifting

again it comes back to the eyewitness video for me. he was grabbed through the window of the car with the cop yelling i will shoot you. a shot is fired, MB struggles to get away from the car (his hands never reached for the cops gun), he gets away, turns and runs, the cop gets out and chases after him shooting, first shot hits MB, MBs body jerks from being hit, MB turns around with his hands in the air saying "dont shoot", the cop continues to fire anywhere from 5-7 more shots into MB and he falls to the ground dead. that is what happened and that is what we must focus on

I agree, you have three eyewitnesses whose account of the altercation are basically the same.

Brown was an 18 year old unarmed black man. He had his arms up in the air yells "don't shoot" then the cop chases him down shooting Brown multiple times. There's a word for that it's called "Murder". How could the officer fear for his life when Brown had his hands in the air? It makes no sense....

Shoplifting has absolutely nothing to do with it..yes, even if he pushed and intimidated the clerk to a certain extent. Who cares?? One thing has nothing to do with the other..

2clicker

Observer
I already touched on that point. It doesn't matter if the officer knew MB was a suspect or not. My point was that it's possible that Brown's state of mind (and thus his actions) were influenced by the fact that he literally just committed a crime and was being confronted by law enforcement.

Sure the cop didn't know about the store robbery, but did MB know that? I doubt it.

good point except he didnt "just commit a crime". the shoplifting was at 11am the shooting was hours later.

Why is it only possible for him to "try and act cool" in front of his friends by shop lifting and intimidating the shop keeper? Could one not also use that same logic to assume that he might have disobeyed the police to "act cool" in front of his friend as well? I mean, kids all over the place make bad decisions all the time. Right?

sure except all of the eyewitnesses say the same thing, yet the police say another. in my experience with police... im WAY more likely to believe the eyewitnesses. they are usually spot on every time. the police however... not so much.

That's exactly what it was. Case in point, my brother had two unarmed but very large guys come up to him after a Chargers football game and demanded his iphone and wallet. He gave it up without incident (hell, they didn't even push him), and reported to the cops right after. Wanna guess what went on the police report as the type of crime? Yup. Strong arm robbery.

sorry but these incidents are totally different. your brother had individuals approach him directly demanding his property. that is much different then grabbing product on a shelf and walking out with it. the push.. give me a fucking break.

They found the iPhone in a dumpster using gps, but never found the guys or his wallet. I can tell you though, that my brother is all of about 135 lbs and he was scared shitless when it happened. But maybe the two dudes were just trying to act cool? I'm sure knowing that would make him feel better about the situation.

again... not even close to the same thing. cannot be compared. sucks to hear about your brothers situation. but that is far more dangerous than a teenager shoplifting.

If I were in your place, I would probably wait for all the evidence before jumping to such conclusions. It's basically impossible to take a handful of reports and say for sure "that is what happened". Maybe it is. Maybe it isn't. Who's to say those "eye witness accounts" are 100% factual or even truthful? No one here can say that for sure.

the eyewitnesses have no reason to lie. they have been dealing and bitching about the same shit for years. countless hiphop songs have been written about it. the writing is on the wall and nobody listens. they know even if they were to lie nobody will listen. did you watch the interview? that girl was not making that shit up. you are right... her story may not be 100% accurate. but i believe that its considerably more accurate than what the ferguson police are reporting. again this is from experience with this police dept.

My point is that it's impossible for me (and thus basically anyone else not intimately involved in this case) to know "that's what happened" simply based off of some news interviews and gut feeling.

I can tell you that my first thought wouldn't be "Hey, let's break into that store, steal cigarettes then burn it down!"

is it? i can tell you what is impossible. its impossible for someone who has not walked in the shoes of the looters/rioters to say that they would not be doing the same thing. you cannot understand the frustration until you have experienced it for yourself. even bob marley was lootin and burnin. just saying that unless you have lived it yourself, you do not know it and should not pretend to.

Having protests and taking to the streets is one thing (something that i support and encourage), but when you start looting and burning innocent people's livelihoods, you lose any sort of sympathies on my part.

desperate people do desperate shit.

But it's still important to remember that when he was shot he was retreating, unarmed, with his hands in the air, by an officer of the law that had no idea about the earlier shoplifting incident.

ab so lutely

Let me ask you... if you're a cop and you see someone carrying this... what do you do?

if the person carrying a plastic AK 47 has one hand on the gun and one with his phone to his ear im not sure it likely he is there to commit mass murder like the recent shootings you are referring to. this was clearly not that kind of situation. for one... nobody was shot. because the gun wasnt real and he wasnt there to kill people. he was there walking the isles with a toy and his phone. he wasnt shooting anyone. or even pretending to. you are giving law enforcement way too much authority here. they are trained for situations. this is not how they are trained (and if it is these days then that is sad). my pops was an policeman in the streets of STL for a long time. he did it all. narcotics, swat, undercover this and that... and even he knows whats up. im telling you the police all over the country are out of control at this point. they would rather shoot than arrest. it is an epidemic.

Last edited by a moderator:

2clicker

Observer
Pretty sure someone having a (perceived) firearm in their hand while not listening to commands to drop it have always resulted in negative consequences for all parties involved.

The preventative measure should have been the common sense needed not to walk around with a fake gun and/or to drop it when told by LE.

Sadly, once it's at that point, there's no reason for the police to assume you have a "toy" and have every reason to treat you like you have a deadly weapon.

again, he was in the toy section with a toy... the cops should have never drawn on him. i cant believe we are even discussing this. he was on the phone. talking to his mom. he was threatening NOBODY. there is no report he ever pointed the gun at anyone. the fact that the cops treated this like some hostage situation is a complete fucking fail.

Team chaos? Not sure I follow.

Let's look at a hypothetical.

Let's say I have an assault rifle. I then take said firearm outside and start to walk down the street. A cop sees this, gets out if his car and demands I drop the weapon and put my hands up. I refuse to comply.

Are you saying that at this point the police have no right or justifiable reason to assume I am a threat? Should they only be allowed to shoot after I level my weapon at them and pop off a few rounds in their direction?

Sounds somewhat silly to me, but maybe I'm misunderatanding something.

again toy section... toy gun. not to mention the same toy that is on the shelf. not apples to apples.

I don't get how a kid or a guy in Walmart saying its a fake gun get killed when the only threat of violence is in people's minds. Did these people commit crimes with these fake guns? I don't understand how I am wrong here...

exactly

or else you die...?

I never understood why some people go out of their way to make themselves a target to be harassed.

walking in the middle of the street does not give the cop the right to be an asshole. especially when they told him they were less than a block from where they were going and that they would be off the street soon. that wasnt good enough i guess.

If you're simply trying to do your job as a police officer, and you have a bunch of armed teenagers (or in your hypothetical, "thieves with guns") not listening to your commands to drop their weapons... how long do you wait before you react?

it wasnt a bunch of armed teenagers. it was a guy with a toy in his hand talking on the phone. he wasnt threatening anyone and should not be threatened. at the worst the pigs could have tazed him and then figured it out (they rarely do. they are kinda dumb). but seriously mace or taze him for fucks sake! why does he have to die? and then people want to justify it? yikes.

No one in their right mind waits until the very last second to defend them self in a life or death situation.

nobody in their right mind shoots a guy who is talking on the phone with a toy in his hand. the fact that he wasnt pointing it at anyone is VERY relevant. he is on the phone, walking through isles with a toy gun in the TOY section, not pointing it at anyone... im sorry but i dont shoot in this situation. if he was acting in a threatening fashion in any way then mabye, but cmon. clearly that is not the case. is it really that hard to believe that some cops are trigger happy douchebags? because i guarantee that is the case.

I think using tear gas to disperse a crowd turning violent is a pretty appropriate response. Non-lethal. What would have been a good alternative? Allow more stores to be looted and burned?

its not just the looters/rioters being gassed. there should be no alternative.

So if your kid for whatever reason disobeyed you and went "pick a place" found a toy gun walked home got shot and killed by cops bc he again "disobeyed" police, your on board bc an officer of the peace' life "could" have been in danger. Even though Timmy Thompson the neighbor boy could have defused the situation, himself...

right. there is training for this stuff. cops these days are just way too fast to pull the trigger. not to mention the other kinds of corrupt shit they do on the regular. ive seen cops smoke a persons stash in front of them right after taking their gun out of the persons mouth. wild wild west these days.

Sounds better, but in practice would then require carrying a dedicated non-lethal firearm along with the couple Lethal ones they already carry on their persons so having to make that split second decision of which to pull in a given situation wouldn't always work out well in 'real world'.

they all have tazers. in fact they use those way too often as well. maybe a better option here perhaps...?

The simple fact is that police officers in the United States have a very dangerous job, and need firearms that match the firearms they will encounter on the job.

agreed. except in the MB case only the cop was packing heat.

There is more then enough evidence going around lately to show that the police department can NOT effectively operate or control firearms and should be reduced to less-than-lethal armaments. If the threat is truly serious, they are going to send in the SWAT team anyways, which is good because these people are at least trained in operating a weapon. Until law enforcement can prove otherwise that they are responsible enough to handle guns they should be equipped with tasers (already have) mace (already have) batons (already have)

Do you see the pattern? They HAVE tons of effective takedown tools, yet resort to stagecoach bandit Shoot First-Ask Questions Later tactics.

If the suspect is unarmed nobody should be drawing guns. Mace is INCREDIBLY effective. All this trigger happy cops n' robbers play is nonsense, embarrassing, and unconstitutional.

well put.

Authoritarian society is in all reality the only way stability has been maintained so mankind could advance to higher civilization.

is that where we are? higher civilization? i look around the world and feel light years behind.

We can't let the Pagans win, people walking down the middle of the road and all that nonsense...

iknoryte? my first thought would be to scream "get the fuck out of the street" as loud as i could at them. that will get their respect... :rolleyes: and as MB i would have said "well yes sir i will certainly do that for you... my apologies kind officer".

You beat me to it Rude Boy, we would revert back to the dark ages.

really...?

There are bad people, it's just that simple. We need police officers.

no doubt. its when the police officers are the bad people is when it gets scary. see the two stories in this thread for more details.

Yes we need police officers. We need honest, communitarian, responsible, trustworthy, law-abiding, police officers. Not Wild Bill shoot-em-up salaried vigilantes. Watch the Cop Block page on Facebook, there's posts made EVERY day. These guys literally do not know the very rights they are under oath to protect and serve.

no fucking doubt about it

If someone tries to break into my house tonight while my wife and I are sleeping, I will feel good knowing I can call 911. How about you?

yeah if you live in a decent neighborhood. you think the cops are responding to that shit like that in Ferguson??? sorry but no. do you know how many people would read that question and laugh out loud? im not sure you can relate to the demographic here.

My thought is:
None of this would of happened if Micheal Brown was walking on the sidewalk instead wandering down the middle of a city street.

no offense but huh...? you are saying that its MBs fault he is dead? seriously? that is such a "cop" out and how Fox news would spin this shit. you are giving the cops WAY too much power here. again if this would have happened to a rich 18 y/old white boy this cop would already be locked up.

Last edited:

2clicker

Observer
I also want to add that it is nice that everyone is keeping this discussion civil. It is a heated topic, but also a very important discussion that needs to be had.

very well said! thank you for saying so. in fact id like to say thank you to everyone in this thread. it is REFRESHING to converse on such explosive topics such as this w/out it getting nasty. i love how passionate everyone is on their position here. this forum is a special place. ok im getting all teared up over hear, but that probably just the double IPAs talking.

mods my apologies for the multi posts... it was hard to keep it uniform when the stuff is just pouring out.

2clicker,
Reactions: grokit

Caligula

Maximus
I really don't care enough to go over all of that, however I did want to let you know that you took a vast majority of my quotes out of context.

Case in point; a lot of what you quoted in reference to that "Walmart incident" was actually in reference to the 13 year old in California who was shot for carrying a very realistic AK47 replica last year.

My best advise would be to reread everything, think about it, and try again... perhaps in one post though.

Caligula,
Reactions: KidFated.

2clicker

Observer
I really don't care enough to go over all of that, however I did want to let you know that you took a vast majority of my quotes out of context.

Case in point; a lot of what you quoted in reference to that "Walmart incident" was actually in reference to the 13 year old in California who was shot for carrying a very realistic AK47 replica last year.

My best advise would be to reread everything, think about it, and try again... perhaps in one post though.

well im sorry you dont care to go over it. your right i mixed the two stories up so thats my bad. been drinking and i am passionate.

thanks for the advise even though its kind of insulting. have a great night!

Last edited:

Madcap79

Jack of all trades, master of none.
If a cop HAS to use his gun, why not knee cap the perp? Was it necessary to shoot MB multiple times? I think not. At no point was a gun drawn or even seen by the officer.

2clicker

Observer
If a cop HAS to use his gun, why not knee cap the perp? Was it necessary to shoot MB multiple times? I think not. At no point was a gun drawn or even seen by the officer.

especially after he already shot him once and MB gave up begging him to stop shooting. congratulations officer you just killed an innocent 18 y/old. that should get him a vacation i think.

now kneecapping isnt going to work when the perp is a real threat. in that case you have my permission to shoot to kill, but clearly this is not the case with MB.

Last edited:

Caligula

Maximus
well im sorry you dont care to go over it.
You must admit, you spammed quite a bit of text all at once. I'd think it be understandable that I wouldn't want to tackle a huge wall of text like that.

Regardless, if you insist, it would probably be best to take one thing at a time and start from the top.

if the person carrying a plastic AK 47 has one hand on the gun and one with his phone to his ear im not sure it likely he is there to commit mass murder like the recent shootings you are referring to.

Interesting.

Here's a picture from a security camera at a South African mall. The man pictured here, talking on a cell phone while holding an AK47 in the other hand, helped kill and wound over 175 people back in Sept 2013. BTW this was one of the recent shootings I was referring to.

article-2465678-18D0CC0A00000578-46_634x324.jpg

2clicker

Observer
Interesting.

Here's a picture from a security camera at a South African mall. The man pictured here, talking on a cell phone while holding an AK47 in the other hand, helped kill and wound over 175 people back in Sept 2013. BTW this was one of the recent shootings I was referring to.

funny cuz that would have required the shooter to aim the gun and fire it to kill and wound people. none of which happened in wal mart until the cops showed up. because the gun wasnt real and was taken off the shelf about to be purchased. im sorry this is way different.

talking about the ohio case here

2clicker,

Caligula

Maximus
funny cuz that would have required the shooter to aim the gun and fire it to kill and wound people. none of which happened in wal mart until the cops showed up. because the gun wasnt real and was taken off the shelf about to be purchased. im sorry this is way different.

talking about the ohio case here

Let's not talk about one specific case in which the complete details are not clear and evidence has yet to be completely released. Instead, I think it would be better to speak in generalities. In general what should LE do in any situation like this? How should they act/respond? In general, what should the average citizen do and think? These questions have much more bearing on the topic at hand versus trying to cherry pick bits of information out of one ongoing case.

So that still begs the question... what are you suggesting happen in general during a situation like this?

• Store owner or shopper is paranoid/scared and tells cops there's a man waving a gun around.
  • Cops show up and see what looks like a guy holding a gun, just like the report said.
  • Cops ask the guy to put the weapon down but he does not comply (doesn't matter why he doesn't comply at this point).
  • ????
So what next?

Do they ask the person a second time to put his assault rifle down and add "pretty please" at the end?

Do they wait for what they perceive as an armed man to raise his weapon and fire at them before reacting to save their own lives and the lives of others?

Do they shoot the guy in the leg, rush in, and kick the weapon out of his hand like in the TV shows?

Do they wait to see if he is going to detonate explosives because first responders showed up (because that's never been a plan for these types of shooters)?

I also want to make something else clear. I'm not saying that shootings like this are always justified. Nor am I saying its justified in any of the ongoing cases mentioned thus far. As a matter of fact, I've specifically stated that I'm reserving judgement until more information is made public.

That said, the fact that I'm not ready to throw the victim to the wolves seems to sit fine with many... yet for some reason its unpopular to take the same "wait and see" stance with the police because of emotional sentiment. That's something I consider wrong and hypocritical.

Last edited:

2clicker

Observer
Let's not talk about one specific case in which the complete details are not clear and evidence has yet to be completely released. Instead, I think it would be better to speak in generalities. In general what should LE do in any situation like this? How should they act/respond? In general, what should the average citizen do and think? These questions have much more bearing on the topic at hand versus trying to cherry pick bits of information out of one ongoing case.

So that still begs the question... what are you suggesting happen in general during a situation like this?

• Store owner or shopper is paranoid/scared and tells cops there's a man waving a gun around.
  • Cops show up and see what looks like a guy holding a gun, just like the report said.
  • Cops ask the guy to put the weapon down but he does not comply (doesn't matter why he doesn't comply at this point).
  • ????
So what next?

Do they ask the person a second time to put his assault rifle down and add "pretty please" at the end?

Do they wait for what they perceive as an armed man to raise his weapon and fire at them before reacting to save their own lives and the lives others?

Do they shoot the guy in the leg, rush in, and kick the weapon out of his hand like in the TV shows?

Do they wait to see if he is going to detonate explosives because first responders showed up (that's never been a plan for these shooters, nope)?

I also want to make something else clear. I'm not saying that shootings like this are always justified. Nor am I saying its justified in any of the ongoing cases mentioned thus far. As a matter of fact, I've specifically stated that I'm reserving judgement until more information is made public. The fact that I'm not ready to throw the victim to the wolves seems to sit fine with many, yet for some reason its unpopular to take the same "wait and see" stance with the police because of emotional sentiment. That's something I consider wrong.

i know what you are saying, but this isnt like he was in a gas station with a toy gun. or in a bank with a toy gun. or even on the street with a toy gun. he was in the toy section with a toy gun. im sorry but the cops need to do a better job here. better training perhaps...? its pathetic really

Caligula

Maximus
To be fair, he was in a Walmart, and they do sell guns there as well. That's really neither here nor there at this point though. Regardless, its pretty safe to assume the police and whomever called them didn't know it was a toy gun.

But yes, better training is always a good idea.

...or maybe a better solution is that we stop giving children toy firearms?

2clicker

Observer
To be fair, he was in a Walmart, and they do sell guns there as well. That's really neither here nor there at this point though. Regardless, its pretty safe to assume the police and whomever called them didn't know it was a toy gun.

But yes, better training is always a good idea.

...or maybe a better solution is that we stop giving children toy firearms?

i wonder though... would the cops even have been called if he was a white kid?

Caligula

Maximus
i wonder though... would the cops even have been called if he was a white kid?

Cant say for sure, however odds are a white guy would have gotten shot just as dead for not complying. I wouldn't blame them either, just look at the demographics of most mass shooters in this country. Aside from the DC Beltway snipers, the Fort Hood guys, and the black guy at the Navy Yard... most everyone was white.

Last edited:

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH

article-2465678-18D0CC0A00000578-46_634x324.jpg
The difference is that happened in Kenya, where warlords can do whatever they want to because they match if not outgun the police. We don't have social/political/economic turmoil like Kenya or any other part of Africa does.

In any case, I've had enough run-ins with the police to last me a lifetime. Getting accosted by the police because I'm brown and wore a v-neck that was blue at 13? Yeah totally a gang banger dude, you can tell by all the tattoos I don't have and the haircut, right? Family being roughed up by them for nothing? Even when we got our recycling stolen and the cop showed up because my mom called him, she said it was worth X amount of money, and he wrote down Y amount. I don't know why as I didn't bother to go outside and see him, but I figure it was the difference between a misdemeanor and a felony. Even in our favor that's still fucked.

2clicker

Observer
watching it on the local steez now. its raining pretty good on all of this. fucking mess.

they are saying a protester was just shot.

Been Vapin

Fringe Class
Yes the photo of em being driven away was in the reddit live thread. 2 people shot so far tonight.

The lady in the live stream was claiming the group rioting was some revolution group from Chicago that came down to STL. Hopefully the rain keeps things subdued tonight.

In the live feed I Saw a girl taking pics of a tear gas container. Then on the reddit live thread the pic she took came up in a tweet. Pretty cool.

http://www.reddit.com/live/tdrph3y49ftn

RUmors are twitter cofounder @Jack has been arrested protesting.

Last edited:
Been Vapin,
Top Bottom