the Michael Brown thread

aesthyrian

Blaaaaah
Yep, first thing they go for is their gun. It's like they want to use it, simply because they have it.

To me, it seems many officers are proving themselves not responsible enough to carry a gun. The NRA should be over these irresponsible gun owners :lol:

Scared people with guns is the problem, I guess. These officers are clearly terrified so much that they make the decision to kill someone. I don't think one should be a cop if they are so afraid of physical contact.

olivianewtonjohn

The questions are, have they always been this fucked up or is there a newer trend? Are we seeing more footage because of cell phones? Its supposed to be a few bad apples (or many people assume), where does it become a few too many bad apples? When does it became a failure of the system? Oh yeah and what does a cop need to do to get charges against them vs paid leave?

Last edited:

mestizo

It is the system, I have no doubt.
I had a friend whom I admired a lot, one of the nicest person I have ever met, he went throughout the training to become an LAPD cop, he was a different person at the end, so paranoid of every person on the street and always ready to pull his weapon at every opportunity, it became scary to hang out with him afterwards.

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
The standard has been moved from "To protect and to serve" to "I'm going home at the end of my shift no matter what."

Its like "Innocent until proven guilty" has morphed into "I'm not doing anything wrong so why should I care if I'm being spied on."

LAPD-door.jpg

KidFated.

Unknown Member
I fuckin hate Nancy grace, but she just hit the nail on the head, talking about the 12 year old boy from Cleveland. Fuck the city of Cleveland

KidFated.,

NYC5IKH5jabi

1. I really look at these situations and weep silently inside because the truth has been censored completely from the public.
  2. there was a time when cops while less efficient & intelligent then today, actually sacrificed for the job. they saw their work as invaluable & vital. much like doctors, firefighters & other helpers
  3. today we just don't have that selfless culture. today the selfless cops are far outnumbered & also hampered by a corrupt system that prizes stability above right & wrong.
my solution? pay cops like doctors. let the pool of applicants change. let the kids who couldn't finish med school,law school or get their mba see law enforcement as a suitable 2nd option.
THATS RIGHT. pay em like doctors & let the competition do the rest of the work. things would only get better for the public. having a new influx of applicants instead of the old sorry losers who couldn't make it anywhere else will effectively create a weapon to fight the culture that current cops have preserved within. out with the old, in with the few?

olivianewtonjohn

I don't view this as a competition issue, at least not the main issue. I agree education couldn't hurt. For me the main problem is justice and accountability. I really do believe that using cameras on every cop would be great for the police and citizens. It would help to level power dynamic . There could be accountability if the courts decided to start. Changing the awful policy of shoot to kill would be another step in the right direction.

What's a cop gotta do to end up in prison around here?

Last edited:

NYC5IKH5jabi

I don't view this as a competition issue, at least not the main issue. I agree education couldn't hurt. For me the main problem is justice and accountability. I really do believe that using cameras on every cop would be great for the police and citizens. It would help to level power dynamic . There could be accountability if the courts decided to start. Changing the awful policy of shoot to kill would be another step in the right direction.

What's a cop gotta do to end up in prison around here?
any camera for public transparency needs to first be thrown on every elected official. if this was a law, once again competition would drive the change necessary. if you knew your entire life in office would be documented & broadcast to the public. SURE, the pool of applicants would change, but the end result would be positive. same thing with paying cops a lot more. competition would drive change in a manner that no government nor politician could keep up with

I mean imagine if every elected official had to record their entire time in office? and im talking about every last breath.

NYC5IKH5jabi,

grokit

well-worn member
:cool:
Get ready for a whole new discussion, as the feds finally weigh in:

DOJ Finds Ferguson Police Routinely Discriminate
Posted: 03/03/2015 2:35 pm EST Updated: 6 minutes ago
n-FERGUSON-POLICE-large570.jpg

WASHINGTON -- A Justice Department investigation has found that the Ferguson Police Department discriminates against black residents and routinely violates the Constitution and federal law, an official told The Huffington Post.

The results of the investigation were detailed in a meeting between Ferguson and Justice Department officials on Tuesday. A Ferguson official confirmed to The Huffington Post that city and Justice Department officials were meeting on Tuesday afternoon. The so-called “pattern or practice” investigation of the Ferguson Police Department was announced by the Justice Department in September last year, just weeks after 18-year-old Michael Brown was shot and killed by Ferguson police officer Darren Wilson.

DOJ's investigation was based on reviews of thousands of pages of records, on-site visits and interviews with members of the Missouri community. It found that police in Ferguson routinely made arrests without probable cause and that African-Americans were more than twice as likely to be searched during vehicle stops but less likely to be found in possession of contraband. It found that 88 percent of documented use-of-force incidents were against African-Americans.

The investigation also found evidence of racial bias by police officers and municipal court officials. One email circulated on an official Ferguson email system in November 2008 said President Barack Obama wouldn't be president long, because “what black man holds a steady job for four years.”

DOJ found that the distrust between African-Americans and the Ferguson Police Department was largely attributable to the department's approach to law enforcement.

This is a developing story; please check back for updates.

(con't w/slideshow of ferguson protests around the country)

:peace:

marduk

daydreamer
South Carolina Officer Gets Murder Charge. Caught on video shooting unarmed fleeing man in the back. He makes up a story about the man taking his taser, and plants evidence near the body. If the video hadn't surfaced, this officer would have gotten away with murder.

08watching-shooting-videoSixteenByNine390.jpg

The video is on CNN, but the NY Times got the scoop and has a more complete video.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/04/08/u...-charged-with-murder-in-black-mans-death.html

olivianewtonjohn

"A man fleed leaving a trail of dust, in fear of his life office Michael Slager opened fire. The officer was worried about the 1/10000 chance of getting a life threatening infection from dangerous grains of sand"

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Wonder how Faux News will spin this!?
I predict that they denounce the shooting and pat themselves on the back for not always siding with the cop in every case. Then they will denounce the lamestream media for saying that these shootings are rampant and say something stupid like "this is the exception that proves the rule" or something equally idiotic.

:peace:

Top Bottom