The Meaning Behind Your FC Screen Name?

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
So, I've been thinking about this for a while. Most online names are chosen by people because they hold specific meaning to the individual. I've found most screen names have some pretty interesting stories behind them, so I'll start with mine.

Quite a long time ago, before the Internet existed, I began my career and without going into ultra-fine detail, let's just say I fix problems for people. I took my work very seriously and didn't let issues drop without resolution, so eventually I gained the reputation of willingness to do whatever it took to get the task at hand accomplished. During one ceremonial event in which this effort was recognized, the speaker - after mentioning this reputation - introduced me as Diabolical Dave. As a result of this, and the roar of the crowd that followed, the name stuck.

Now, in that day, we did have email... gawd awful email, but email none-the-less. So I took it upon myself to start trying to track these victories... but how to do so? Ancient computers weren't search smart or user friendly. So, upon one of these victories, when I would announce the success to all who were involved via an email message, I would sign the email as "DDave" .... This allowed me to find all these victories simply by searching emails for any instance of DDave. (Yeah, was using the equivalent of hashtags before hashtags existed. If I had lived in UK, the HashTag may have been called the DDave Tag. LOL But I digress.)

Anyhow, that is the meaning behind my screen name.

So, what's yours?

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
OMG! Thanks EDA!

Mods, can i put my entry in the other thread and politely "exit, stage left"?

I really did use the Search. But looked for "meaning", then "define". :doh:

Edit: Mods, I moved my entry to the proper thread (Thanks to EDA!) Please bury this one deep in the ABV section!

Last edited:
Top Bottom