• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Mr Mellish

WOW! Right on!

Well done, Pak. Take the rest of the day off, vape something tasty.......

Thanks for putting it so simply.

OF

Truly well put. Since getting the VM, my MFLB has gone into semi-retirement. I like it (and will still choose it when extra stealth is required), but if I don't need the extra level of stealth, the VM is much faster and just hits harder. And...it's probably half the load of the MFLB. As an example, I have successfully used the MFLB with my kid playing Xbox 15 feet away (back to me). That could NEVER happen with VM.

caves

Living the vape life
I loaned out my box and I think an overzealous friend messed up the screen cleaning it before giving it back. It's separated a bit in two corners. Still works but it have to have the PA at about 75% to get a good hit. Ugh.
If the screen is indeed torn, and assuming you have a valid warranty, Magic-Flight will replace it no problem.

https://www.magic-flight.com/warranty.php

Simply follow their instructions and you'll have a fresh new box before you know it!

MichaelAB

...and came across the Vapman. You bring in elegance, and the Vapman doesn't fall short there. In short, it offers the benefits of the Lotus, the discreteness of the MFLB and is more efficient. I somehow thought the smaller size of the chamber would be a disbenefit, but now realize what a plus it is. Loving it!

lol

Damn it, @utekai - just when I thought I was content with the MFLB and Lotus. I knew the VAS would hit again, but shit... :doh:

Seasoned Senior

Love my newly acquired Lotus, especially with the WPA, and my Firefly, and my Pax is convenient; yet, I still have VAS for an MFLB or even, dare I say it, a Muad Dib.

Seasoned Senior,
Reactions: MichaelAB

lion

Hi All, I'm a Newbie to "Vaping" and have a MFLB and also a Sonic. Both are good but so far the LB wins hands down. Now I'm not new to partaking in the utilization of "Herb" as my first experience took place in early 1970.....Yes, I know I'm an old(er) man but I do make up in stamina and can smoke all of you under the table...and then some. Believe me years of experience actually do count for something's sometimes.....

Now as for learning about these crazy things which cost an arm and a leg plus your first born I am a Rookie so if you want...take pity on an old Stoner(I bought the first issue of High Times at the Headshop when it first came out))and please I humbly ask y'all for advise and education.....

OF

Now as for learning about these crazy things which cost an arm and a leg plus your first born I am a Rookie so if you want...take pity on an old Stoner(I bought the first issue of High Times at the Headshop when it first came out))and please I humbly ask y'all for advise and education.....

First off, howdy! Welcome to the forum and all the fun. Good call on the MFLB, but perhaps not the best first vape ever made. Lots of us more experienced gents (and ladies) around, MMJ tends to collect us somewhat.

Don't stress on the cost of gear. Consider that conversion to vaping is a HUGE savings in your weed bill. Guys generally report 1/2 to 1/4 their prior consumption, probably averaging 1/3? Honest. What used to last a week now lasts most of a month. It doesn't take too many months of such savings to justify some pretty high ticket vapes.

And the health benefits, starting a week or two after swearing off blazing for good, are also well received by most and many of us look forward to living longer because of it. Your call there.

I'd probably recommend a unit like the Solo as a first vape. Much easier to use and get consistent results with. Better for learning vaping as opposed to learning how to use a specific vape. Consider it, $160, excellent following and customer support.

WRT the box there are a few things to keep in mind. Keep your batteries freshly charged, your herb fine ground and very well cured. Don't fill over the rails, draw slowly and shake, shake, shake between hits.

You really do need to swear of blazing. Seriously. No cheating at all. At the start your mind links the crap in smoke to getting off, you actually crave that BS! Want to stick your silly face in the camp fire......

Most of us took a week or two to break the connection. You have to get seriously blasted a time or two without focusing on smoke, big clouds, or any of that smoking related stuff. This is different. This is better. Much better. A month or two later and smoking is once again just as repulsive as it was in 1970. Remember how your body begged you to not start another coughing fit? This is how.........

Take it out and play with it, you'll get the hang of it. We did.....

Regards

OF

kyle94481

Alright guys, anyone wanna shed some light on what I should do?

I purchased my MFLB a few years back, and a few months down the line my girlfriend purchased the power adapter and car adapter for me as a birthday gift. This was the first model of power adapter, not their new one I see on their website.

I had no problems with either the MFLB or the power adapter when properly used, but one issue did eventually arise from the power adapter: the connection would have to be wiggled around and held "just right" to make the box heat up. I eventually ended up upgrading to the Solo and haven't looked back. My MFLB has been collecting dust since (about 2 years now, I believe).

Fast forward to now. I lent the MFLB to a friend as they were interested in purchasing either mine or a new one, and they came back saying the contact didn't work every time with their newly bought batteries, and when I tried the power adapter to make a demonstration, lo' and behold that doesn't work either. So now I have a box that doesn't heat up properly from batteries and an old style power adapter which doesn't work at at all (at least on my box).

We all know MFLB is great with warranties, and obviously the box needs to be replaced, but what about the power adapter? Anyone have experience sending back an old style adapter now that they've upgraded to their fancier, more expensive model? I'm shooting the team an email next outlining the situation once more but any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

kyle94481,
Reactions: OF

OF

So now I have a box that doesn't heat up properly from batteries and an old style power adapter which doesn't work at at all (at least on my box).

We all know MFLB is great with warranties, and obviously the box needs to be replaced, but what about the power adapter? Anyone have experience sending back an old style adapter now that they've upgraded to their fancier, more expensive model? I'm shooting the team an email next outlining the situation once more but any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Sure sounds to me like two separate problems, since the box works somewhat on batteries. You're on the right track with contacting MF. The usual procedure seems to be after getting instructions to do so, destroying the units and sending them a photo to confirm. This saves you the time and expense of return shipping.

Good luck with it, but based on the very positive reports back you won't really need it.

OF

OF,

kyle94481

Sure sounds to me like two separate problems, since the box works somewhat on batteries. You're on the right track with contacting MF. The usual procedure seems to be after getting instructions to do so, destroying the units and sending them a photo to confirm. This saves you the time and expense of return shipping.

Good luck with it, but based on the very positive reports back you won't really need it.

OF

I figure the same as well, seeing the intermittent results between the adapter and the box. It was a bummer to take out the box after sitting around so long and then being unable to use it properly like I used too :(. At least my solo keeps me going!

I sent a warranty claim in for the box and also included in the comment section that the adapter wasn't working with the device as well. We'll see what Magic Flight's team has to say about the situation but like you said - not much to worry about with their track record.

kyle94481,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
i cant believe people still use the magic flight box. get a real vape!

We have a rule:
  • No trolling. Please do not post any content that disrupts the peace and harmony of this board. Don’t post for or the purpose of starting a dispute.
Your post is pretty much the definition of trolling. Please don't do it again.

Krazzykid

is 1/4" ID x 3/8" OD the correct size tubing to replace water adapter kit?

I hope so. I just ordered some in that size. lol

edit: If I remember, I will measure it with a caliper when I get home. It seems about right, though.
Yes this is the correct tubing size. No need to measure, a quick search of this thread will confirm that size multiple times. The search function is your friend if you actually use it :)

Make sure you get high temp tubing. Chances are you will never get it to high enough temps to matter, but better safe than sorry.

Krazzykid,
Reactions: RUDE BOY

SavageCore

Yes this is the correct tubing size. No need to measure, a quick search of this thread will confirm that size multiple times. The search function is your friend if you actually use it :)

Make sure you get high temp tubing. Chances are you will never get it to high enough temps to matter, but better safe than sorry.

Thanks. When I searched only 1 result appeared and the vaporpedia always confuses me with new and old Q dimensions.

SavageCore,
Love my LB but have a question I would really appreciate any answers to. I have some kind of "build up" along both sides of the top of the trench, where it starts to flatten out. I'm guessing it is from my flowers but concerned it is impeding performance.

Confused as to why it is there since I brush it out after each trench and never load above the sides. How would I clean it because I'm obviously concerned about the screen being delicate? Seems to be strongly adhered.

Thanks in advance

exsterminator,
Top Bottom