1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.

The Magic-Flight Box

Discussion in 'Portable Vaporizers' started by magicflight, May 16, 2009.

1. hf

hf Active Member

Wow the finishing grinder is awesome. I used to always use the quarter's in a pill bottle trick and I was always worried about it being so noisy. Finishing grinder makes using the box so much more convenient.

horst, Quetzalcoatl, caves and 4 others like this.
  2. Bear90039

Bear90039 New Member

Actually, you can't eat herb and get medicated. It can be heated in veg oil in a skillet for about 20 mins to produce oil. The oil can be used in pastries, brownies etc. The medication can only be broken down by oil or by boiling your meds in grain alcohol for hours until it evaporates. You cannot eat it and get high. You may also use pure butter, making cannibutter.
    Don't take me on my word. Look it up. You can learn more by You Tube Googling. Have fun.

OF likes this.
  3. OF

OF Well-Known Member

True enough. You shouldn't eat raw bud to get off, do it if you want to get sick. However, the OP said "you can eat the vaped herb and get very medicated" which is quite true. The vaping has done the conversion for you, the THC is accessible. You definitely get off if you eat enough and there's enough THC left in the ABV.

No need to take my word for it, or look it up for that matter, give it a try? IMO Mark4MMJ is tellin' it true.

OF

axakal, 215z, horst and 6 others like this.
  4. Quetzalcoatl

Quetzalcoatl SPACE GOD 宇宙

I'm not sure who told you that, but I promise you that you can and will get high from eating "raw" (un-decarbed) flower, kief, hash, and ABV. The problem with it is that it's pretty inefficient to begin with since the majority of the cannabinoids found in fresh material are in their acidic non-psychoactive forms (THCa, CBDa, etc). Smoking/vaporizing/decarbing removes a COOH group and makes them psychoactive. Extracting the cannabinoids into fats or alcohol makes them efficient. We just get the benefit of it being already decarbed when we eat ABV. I've eaten ABV raw, as in placing it in capsules by itself and eating it. I did the same with hash some years ago. If you eat ABV and don't get any effects, congratulations, you've got a decent vaporizing technique and you're vaporizing the majority of the stuff so as to make it worthless (also depends on your tolerance?). Really, if you want to prove it to yourself (that you could eat "raw weed" and get high) you could just eat some hash oil, it's extracted at cold temperatures (which is why we wear gloves when we blast, the tubes get frosted) and then purged at very low temperatures to preserve terpenes. 100-105f isn't high enough to decarb, that's about half of the ideal temperature, so you essentially end up with the cannabinoids from the flower without any of the flower material to upset your stomach. I don't recommend eating much, it's incredibly strong stuff especially for those with lower tolerances where you can easily overdo it and ingest the equivalent of a couple grams of herb when all you really needed was .15 vaped.

axakal, horst, MileHighLife and 8 others like this.
  5. KidFated.

KidFated. Watch your pawking metaws.

:mflb::smug: Can't wait for break.. I need it.

Quetzalcoatl and Vitolo like this.
  6. leproos

leproos New Member

Have been reading here about the MFLB concentrate trays past week. Had a MFLB for over 3 years, some im happy to put some new life in it. Also read about the new glyph batteries, just got some new powerex 2700 and i didnt even open the package. Thanks for the info guys, i remember taking the skin of them and cleaning them was pretty annoying.
    So now i can finally use hash in the MFLB.. Ow wait i already did a while ago with some TP(toilet paper) inside the trench, but didnt work to wel.. With the new tray and the glyphs i also couldnt get stoned and was stressing the battery alot. And its way to tiny and u have to clean it every time.
    BUT with the new Glyphs and some TP in the trench yesterday i got really good hits! Little clouds like vaping weed in it. And cleaning is easy.. just trow it away and get a new paper in it.
    im new to concentraties, but i guess the work fine. Hash is just to big and solid for the trays in my opinion. I bet it works well with the PA but i still think TP or kitchenpaper works fine for hash.

$unnyblaq likes this.
  7. KidFated.

What I'm using I don't need to clean the tray. And I'm blowing fat clouds..

Toilet paper would never go in my vape.. Have you tried organic cotton maybe?..

8. OF

OF Well-Known Member

Good point. While vaping random wood fiber might not be a big issue, the bleaches, perfumes, dyes, softeners and other chemicals used are risks worth avoiding IMO. That product is made for external use on your 'other end'.........and at normal room temperatures.

Cotton use is advised. Although I too found the trays more effective than cotton, this is a conduction vape after all, metal to metal beats metal to cotton or wood any day.

OF

9. mplx

mplx Well-Known Member

Of course it depends on which kind of hash you vape, my experience is that the hash will get soft and starts to bubble. If you place 1 solid piece in the center it will melt a little and stretch out over the tray. I need a full battery to vape 1 tray and i heat it up much longer than dried herbs. My PA is on it`s way and i`ll post my experiences.

Btw. if you put paper in your LB you better use rollingpaper instead of TP

10. leproos

leproos New Member

Ok im inhaling toiletpaper.. hhaha didnt think about that... so thanks i wont use it again.
    My hash is high quality.. yes its starts bubbling.. I live in holland and i buy it from the marrocan coffeeshop.. As a local i know where to get it.. super polm, zero polm super hiya etc. When smoked in normal joint with tabacco it gets the job done easily.

Guess maybe i was to fast with posting.. wil try the tray gain.. maybe my brand new glyphs needed a few charging cycles..
    Rolling paper is better yes.. but i didnt had any now. With rolling paper u can put much more hash in it was also my point. I dont want to reload and clean it just for one session.. its to much of a has(h)lle for me.. Normally i vape some weed (amnesia haze) in it and after 1-2 trays im on another planet.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2014
    TwztedElegance, OF and KidFated. like this.
  11. mplx

mplx Well-Known Member

I`m from Holland too :) I tried hash in a "paper boat" and i bought the trays to try them. Trays work better for me. Good thing is that hash is almost noncombustible, so you can keep pushing the battery hit after hit and when the hash (or the battery;)) is empty, you`ll taste it.

And (super)polm/zero/zero zero/hia etc are not bad but if the shop owner is Moroccan, ask for Carramello next time. It`s a little bit more expensive, but you will like it:tup:

axakal, OF and leproos like this.
  12. davesmith

davesmith Well-Known Member

I had some Carramello Cream when I was in Holland. Best hash I had out there, mmmmmmmmm

RUDE BOY and mplx like this.
  13. leproos

leproos New Member

Ow wat grappig.. ;) Yeah i see its different than weed.. u cant oreally overburn it and its like the hash wont come to an end, which is good offcourse. U talk about the batteries and i noticed a few times the would fire anymore and gave no light in the MFLB after not using them very long.. Which was strange because i never had it before with the old batts and the powerex ones.
    Als im into ecig vaping for years but there its not a good thing when batts get really hot.. With vaping hash in the MFLB the do get very hot. Has anyone tried a 14500 batt which is 4.2 Volts? Im too scared to trie it hhe.

The hash is fine.. the strongest back in the days was in order from weak to strong: zero polm, super zero, zero zero and melana cream. The last was insane but expensive.
    But in the end the names dont really matter, i buy hash that the owners smoke themselves or somethimes i get to a Marroccan thea house and i get what they smoke. Just good polm or pollen or whatever :) Caramello ive never seen or heard of in Rotterdam.

mplx likes this.
  14. Quetzalcoatl

Quetzalcoatl SPACE GOD 宇宙

IME the concentrate trays really shine with the PA. Runny/full-melt oils like high quality bubble hashes and oils will vape quicker than regular hash with the concentrate trays and a battery. Still, I like it more with a PA.

Buildozer, mplx, $unnyblaq and 2 others like this.
  15. KidFated.

Has anyone mentioned how great of a company Magic Flight is? I know it's said quite a bit and I'm singing to the choir in this thread, but I just feel like I should say they turned my bad luck around completely. Spread the love and enjoy a trench with me!

axakal, $unnyblaq, Vicki and 7 others like this.
  16. New_World

New_World Cuck Fombustion

anyone hook up either MFLB to a water filter without using OEM MFLB water pipe whip?
    anyone buy their own tubing and adapter for cheaper?

post pics of ur launch box and water filter if you've got them!

215z likes this.
  17. MileHighLife

MileHighLife Whiskey Tango

A while ago I rigged up a cheap wpa using some 1/8" id 1/4" od high temp silicone tubing, an acrylic stem and a ghetto glass adapter I had laying around (think I bought it off ebay.

[​IMG]

I was playing with high temps in that pic ... I kept slowly bumping the temp up on the pa dial every hit. I combusted either the next hit or the hit after that can't quite remember.

You really can't beat the orbiter for the price though.

18. Vitolo

Vitolo Vaporist

poonman, OF, Vicki and 2 others like this.
  19. New_World

20. Vitolo

Vitolo Vaporist

21. MileHighLife

Last edited: Jul 11, 2014
    New_World and Buildozer like this.
  22. New_World

what your favorite wood mouthpiece for the MFLB?

23. KidFated.

Native. It was cherry.

MileHighLife likes this.
  24. $unnyblaq

$unnyblaq Well-Known Member

Dart stem is the best IMHO I just love mine :love:

axakal, caves, Quetzalcoatl and 2 others like this.
  25. MileHighLife

Haven't tried the darts yet but I love the ed's TNT bocote on the walnut box and zebra wood on the maple box.

I go native when I'm on the go, though.

When will magic flight do another exotic wood special release?!?! I'm waiting for a bocote box :love: :drool:

Buildozer and KidFated. like this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors