• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

hf

I have checked it, I got the standard auto reply right after making the the claim but I haven't heard anything back and it's been over a week. I sent them a follow up email to make sure they got it and still haven't heard anything. I had my old box for a while and loved it, but due to tragic circumstances I need a new one. I want to order a couple new accessories and have them ship them with the new box but they haven't responded, I'm sure they will reply soon but this not having a vaporizer thing kinda sucks and I had heard awesome things about their quick responses before.

hf,

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
Hi, I hate to ask a simple question 1000 pages into the thread, but I have been thinking about getting a LB for about a month. I have recently discovered the flowermate which seems awesome. Sooo I have a couple questions.
1. How efficient is the LB. Like how much herb will it take to get me lifted? I usually face a .3-.5 joint and will be pretty good for a couple hours
2. How many full sessions will the batteries last for with one charge?
3. How much does the device smell when not in use
4. I get pretty good, often sticky, buds. Is that going to be a problem. I have read the LB is really picky about well ground dry buds
5. I don't really like vaping, I've used a DaVinci which is only decent, and one with a bag, but I just prefer smoking, but want to vape for health, stealth, and to save $$. Will I be disappointed with the LB or do you think it will impress?
6.Lastly, if anyone has used the LB and the flowermate, which would you recommend and why?
It's pretty efficient, you can vape a tiny little fleck or a full trench if you want. Not sure how much you would personally need, I estimate like half or so?

I get a couple trenches per battery.

It smells from a foot away or so. Depends on how used it is, and if there's much/any resin buildup inside.

It's not that it's picky about the grind, it's that since it's a conduction vaporizer it works better if it's finer since there's more surface area. You want your material to be dry, I leave my stuff out for a few hours and then grind it.

If you don't like vaping you probably won't like the Launch Box. The Flowermate is a little more automatic, given that you just put the bud inside and inhale. You need to watch your draw speed with the LB since that's how you control the temperature you're vaping at. Slower pulls lets the screen get hotter, a little faster and it cools down to lower temperatures. You can combust with the LB, not so with the FM. I guess for the reason of temperature range, I'd go with the LB, but for simple simple use, the FM might be a better choice.

What's your budget? There's lots of portables out there to choose from. Why didn't you like the DaVinci? Which one was it, the original DV or the Ascent? Do you want a portable or do you want a home unit? Plug-in or butane-based?

Modnote: Quoted text was moved to Ask FC.

Last edited by a moderator:

Quetzalcoatl

Quetzal, I'm loving your profile picture. My price range is a hundred. I refuse to pay more than that when I could just get some more buds. And it's the original DaVinci. It got me high, but the tube always fell off and got insanely hot. I definitely want a portable vape, but the only hundred dollar vapes that seem decent that I've found are the LB and FM
Thanks, digging yours as well ;) I'll reply to this post in the Ask FC thread, there's something I think you might like.

Sporegasm

Btw, anyone knows if massdrop can combine orders and charge shipping once? I ordered a PA and will probably buy a 2nd LB. The end dates of both drops are almost the same

Mailed them about it earlier, and nope they don't :(

While I'm already here (virgin post and all), should I pounce on the ongoing Massdrop for MFLB atm? Still undecided as to which portable to get... Was pretty set on getting the LB as my go-to portable, but conflicting reports have me wonder if it would satisfy my hunger. :/

Sporegasm,
Reactions: mplx

mplx

Mailed them about it earlier, and nope they don't :(

While I'm already here (virgin post and all), should I pounce on the ongoing Massdrop for MFLB atm? Still undecided as to which portable to get... Was pretty set on getting the LB as my go-to portable, but conflicting reports have me wonder if it would satisfy my hunger. :/

Hi and welcome:)

I got the same reply from massdrop:( seems to be hard to combine 2 shippings from 2 drops that differ 1 hour in endingtime. They are also both from MagicFlight (PA and a walnut LB :drool:). I have a maple LB for two weeks now and it works great for me, that`s why i want a second one. If you will like a LB depends on what you`re looking for in a portable vaporizer.

It`s small, portable. Looks cool and natural (matter of taste). A LB is quite easy to use but there is little learning curve. I had a few moments that i thought i destroyed it but i was able to clean it. Now it still looks like new, and i get better at using it every time. I can`t compare it to other vaporizers because i started vaping 2 weeks ago:D. To me the taste is good , pure and the effect is heavy but clear compared to smoking joints. If you`re planning on using it for concentrates
(oil, wax, hash) you might wanna buy a PA (and concentrate trays)too, but of course then it`s no longer portable. For herbs batteries work fine and vaping two trenches will take ~1 battery.

For me it`s a great little device, and yes it has no digital stuff but after a short period you will get a feeling for it and it will work excellent.

Btw almost forgot: with a vaporizer you get a better high for less. The stuff i normally put in 1 joint now does the trick 3 times. So you need less herbs for a better high

Last edited:
mplx,
Reactions: RUDE BOY

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place
The Launch Box is very forgiving of our inabilities when we're first learning our vaporist ways.

My first box is still in use and it's seen more then it's share of vapor newbs taking it close to combustion over the last 4 and 1/2 years, right now it's serving as someones only vaporizer and seeing daily use still.

Part of the magic of the Magic Flight is the ability to adapt it to the days needs. From out and about stealth use to full on big hitting vape-bonging with the PA the magic flight is pretty sweet.

The mf was the second vape I owned (vg classic was first)and lead me to say "Fuckcombustion", none of the other vaporizers I own or have owned ( and that's a bunch) does a "better" job delivering the goods at the end of the day as far as I'm concerned.

The launch Box could still serve as my only vaporizer if I didn't get as easily bored as I do.

Adding a PA and a whip along with the orbiter or another water tool gives you lots of options to mix things up and keep it fresh, That $119 I paid for that first box was money well spent I've not a single regret.

Last edited:

rekrab

I will have to join @KidFated. with the activity pics
Casual day out on the links, golf and grass:leaf::razz:

9FUDU15.jpg

Bear90039

Dude, You toss it? Did you know that you can eat the vaped herb and get very medicated. Plus you get more of other healthy cannabinoids too.
Actually, you can't eat herb and get medicated. It can be heated in veg oil in a skillet for about 20 mins to produce oil. The oil can be used in pastries, brownies etc. The medication can only be broken down by oil or by boiling your meds in grain alcohol for hours until it evaporates. You cannot eat it and get high. You may also use pure butter, making cannibutter.
Don't take me on my word. Look it up. You can learn more by You Tube Googling. Have fun.

Bear90039,
Reactions: OF

OF

Actually, you can't eat herb and get medicated.

Don't take me on my word. Look it up. You can learn more by You Tube Googling. Have fun.

True enough. You shouldn't eat raw bud to get off, do it if you want to get sick. However, the OP said "you can eat the vaped herb and get very medicated" which is quite true. The vaping has done the conversion for you, the THC is accessible. You definitely get off if you eat enough and there's enough THC left in the ABV.

No need to take my word for it, or look it up for that matter, give it a try? IMO Mark4MMJ is tellin' it true.

OF

Quetzalcoatl

Actually, you can't eat herb and get medicated. It can be heated in veg oil in a skillet for about 20 mins to produce oil. The oil can be used in pastries, brownies etc. The medication can only be broken down by oil or by boiling your meds in grain alcohol for hours until it evaporates. You cannot eat it and get high. You may also use pure butter, making cannibutter.
I'm not sure who told you that, but I promise you that you can and will get high from eating "raw" (un-decarbed) flower, kief, hash, and ABV. The problem with it is that it's pretty inefficient to begin with since the majority of the cannabinoids found in fresh material are in their acidic non-psychoactive forms (THCa, CBDa, etc). Smoking/vaporizing/decarbing removes a COOH group and makes them psychoactive. Extracting the cannabinoids into fats or alcohol makes them efficient. We just get the benefit of it being already decarbed when we eat ABV. I've eaten ABV raw, as in placing it in capsules by itself and eating it. I did the same with hash some years ago. If you eat ABV and don't get any effects, congratulations, you've got a decent vaporizing technique and you're vaporizing the majority of the stuff so as to make it worthless (also depends on your tolerance?). Really, if you want to prove it to yourself (that you could eat "raw weed" and get high) you could just eat some hash oil, it's extracted at cold temperatures (which is why we wear gloves when we blast, the tubes get frosted) and then purged at very low temperatures to preserve terpenes. 100-105f isn't high enough to decarb, that's about half of the ideal temperature, so you essentially end up with the cannabinoids from the flower without any of the flower material to upset your stomach. I don't recommend eating much, it's incredibly strong stuff especially for those with lower tolerances where you can easily overdo it and ingest the equivalent of a couple grams of herb when all you really needed was .15 vaped.

leproos

Have been reading here about the MFLB concentrate trays past week. Had a MFLB for over 3 years, some im happy to put some new life in it. Also read about the new glyph batteries, just got some new powerex 2700 and i didnt even open the package. Thanks for the info guys, i remember taking the skin of them and cleaning them was pretty annoying.
So now i can finally use hash in the MFLB.. Ow wait i already did a while ago with some TP(toilet paper) inside the trench, but didnt work to wel.. With the new tray and the glyphs i also couldnt get stoned and was stressing the battery alot. And its way to tiny and u have to clean it every time.
BUT with the new Glyphs and some TP in the trench yesterday i got really good hits! Little clouds like vaping weed in it. And cleaning is easy.. just trow it away and get a new paper in it.
im new to concentraties, but i guess the work fine. Hash is just to big and solid for the trays in my opinion. I bet it works well with the PA but i still think TP or kitchenpaper works fine for hash.

OF

Toilet paper would never go in my vape.. Have you tried organic cotton maybe?..

Good point. While vaping random wood fiber might not be a big issue, the bleaches, perfumes, dyes, softeners and other chemicals used are risks worth avoiding IMO. That product is made for external use on your 'other end'.........and at normal room temperatures.

Cotton use is advised. Although I too found the trays more effective than cotton, this is a conduction vape after all, metal to metal beats metal to cotton or wood any day.

OF

Top Bottom