1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.

The Magic-Flight Box

Discussion in 'Portable Vaporizers' started by magicflight, May 16, 2009.

1. abhishek

abhishek Well-Known Member

Thanku sir.icing on the cake ,,its on Massdrop too ..and their shipping rate is really low

KidFated. and RUDE BOY like this.
  2. KidFated.

KidFated. Watch your pawking metaws.

Pak is right about the PA. I think you found the right website (FC)
    @abhishek

Stick around and let us know how everything goes!
    Feel free to let us in on any secrets you may find out....

Last edited: Jun 25, 2014
    abhishek likes this.
  3. mplx

mplx Active Member

hehe:D yes i will see it as a battle scar. I also consider buying a 2nd one on massdrop (walnut:drool:). Keeping the new one for the green and the old one for the hashish etc. That way i`ll also have a backup when one fails. Also ordered a PA (massdrop)because it takes too many batteries to get the hash on temperature for every hit.

Btw, anyone knows if massdrop can combine orders and charge shipping once? I ordered a PA and will probably buy a 2nd LB. The end dates of both drops are almost the same

OF and KidFated. like this.
  4. KidFated.

seems like you have the right idea :) but why not just use both, for both? :) I usually left my walnut at home out of respect for it. Then I started getting more confident about it, and that's when you mess up! Needless to say I now need another walnut.. But yeah, PA is great! Magic flights are great! And messi scores!!!!!!

nopartofme, OF, mplx and 1 other person like this.
  5. RUDE BOY

RUDE BOY Space is the Place

I just got the PA 2.0 a couple of days ago and it ups the game a whole lot, it was well worth the price to me.

For some reason I had relegated my Launch box to the hardly used group of tools in my vape collection.
    That will not happen anymore. This little vape is truly one of my favorite inventions since recorded music and radio.

If it wasn't for the Box I would probably still be smoking my herbs most of the time. I can say the Magic Flight changed my way of thinking forever and for the better.

Yes this may seem an odd post from out of the blue but ... it's a very Magic Flight morning.

:mflb: ...:leaf:... :peace:

6. OF

OF Well-Known Member

Not without seriously risking the mesh. IMO it's cosmetic, ignore it. That box looks brand new. Over time the screen will darken some and the residue will lighten up making it harder and harder to find.

Some 'burn offs' might help, but avoid all urges to contact the screen further. That includes 'just a little more scrubbing with alcohol via q-tip, brush or anything else. It's not a (IMO real) problem now. The box will work normally. Fuss with it and that can only get worse.

What's in the trench is not the goal here, it's what comes out the MP?

OF

Vicki, mplx and KidFated. like this.
  7. mplx

mplx Active Member

True. I won`t do more cleaning. The box still works so it`s fine for me. I`m not the type that washes his car twice a week with extra shiny wax;)

Seems i was lucky with the burning (used a full battery for a few heat-ups), and learned a good lesson:)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 25, 2014
    RUDE BOY, OF and KidFated. like this.
  8. hf

hf Member

How long has it taken you guys to hear back on warranties?

9. KidFated.

Within 48 hours, check spam or junk folder

10. hf

hf Member

I have checked it, I got the standard auto reply right after making the the claim but I haven't heard anything back and it's been over a week. I sent them a follow up email to make sure they got it and still haven't heard anything. I had my old box for a while and loved it, but due to tragic circumstances I need a new one. I want to order a couple new accessories and have them ship them with the new box but they haven't responded, I'm sure they will reply soon but this not having a vaporizer thing kinda sucks and I had heard awesome things about their quick responses before.

11. hf

hf Member

they replied, all is good haha

TwztedElegance, 215z and KidFated. like this.
  12. Quetzalcoatl

Quetzalcoatl SPACE GOD 宇宙

It's pretty efficient, you can vape a tiny little fleck or a full trench if you want. Not sure how much you would personally need, I estimate like half or so?

I get a couple trenches per battery.

It smells from a foot away or so. Depends on how used it is, and if there's much/any resin buildup inside.

It's not that it's picky about the grind, it's that since it's a conduction vaporizer it works better if it's finer since there's more surface area. You want your material to be dry, I leave my stuff out for a few hours and then grind it.

If you don't like vaping you probably won't like the Launch Box. The Flowermate is a little more automatic, given that you just put the bud inside and inhale. You need to watch your draw speed with the LB since that's how you control the temperature you're vaping at. Slower pulls lets the screen get hotter, a little faster and it cools down to lower temperatures. You can combust with the LB, not so with the FM. I guess for the reason of temperature range, I'd go with the LB, but for simple simple use, the FM might be a better choice.

What's your budget? There's lots of portables out there to choose from. Why didn't you like the DaVinci? Which one was it, the original DV or the Ascent? Do you want a portable or do you want a home unit? Plug-in or butane-based?

Modnote: Quoted text was moved to Ask FC.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2014
    RUDE BOY and KidFated. like this.
  13. Quetzalcoatl

Quetzalcoatl SPACE GOD 宇宙

Thanks, digging yours as well ;) I'll reply to this post in the Ask FC thread, there's something I think you might like.

Kimba007 and KidFated. like this.
  14. Sporegasm

Sporegasm New Member

Mailed them about it earlier, and nope they don't :(

While I'm already here (virgin post and all), should I pounce on the ongoing Massdrop for MFLB atm? Still undecided as to which portable to get... Was pretty set on getting the LB as my go-to portable, but conflicting reports have me wonder if it would satisfy my hunger. :/

mplx likes this.
  15. mplx

mplx Active Member

Hi and welcome:)

I got the same reply from massdrop:( seems to be hard to combine 2 shippings from 2 drops that differ 1 hour in endingtime. They are also both from MagicFlight (PA and a walnut LB :drool:). I have a maple LB for two weeks now and it works great for me, that`s why i want a second one. If you will like a LB depends on what you`re looking for in a portable vaporizer.

It`s small, portable. Looks cool and natural (matter of taste). A LB is quite easy to use but there is little learning curve. I had a few moments that i thought i destroyed it but i was able to clean it. Now it still looks like new, and i get better at using it every time. I can`t compare it to other vaporizers because i started vaping 2 weeks ago:D. To me the taste is good , pure and the effect is heavy but clear compared to smoking joints. If you`re planning on using it for concentrates
    (oil, wax, hash) you might wanna buy a PA (and concentrate trays)too, but of course then it`s no longer portable. For herbs batteries work fine and vaping two trenches will take ~1 battery.

For me it`s a great little device, and yes it has no digital stuff but after a short period you will get a feeling for it and it will work excellent.

Btw almost forgot: with a vaporizer you get a better high for less. The stuff i normally put in 1 joint now does the trick 3 times. So you need less herbs for a better high

Last edited: Jun 27, 2014
    RUDE BOY likes this.
  16. RUDE BOY

RUDE BOY Space is the Place

The Launch Box is very forgiving of our inabilities when we're first learning our vaporist ways.

My first box is still in use and it's seen more then it's share of vapor newbs taking it close to combustion over the last 4 and 1/2 years, right now it's serving as someones only vaporizer and seeing daily use still.

Part of the magic of the Magic Flight is the ability to adapt it to the days needs. From out and about stealth use to full on big hitting vape-bonging with the PA the magic flight is pretty sweet.

The mf was the second vape I owned (vg classic was first)and lead me to say "Fuckcombustion", none of the other vaporizers I own or have owned ( and that's a bunch) does a "better" job delivering the goods at the end of the day as far as I'm concerned.

The launch Box could still serve as my only vaporizer if I didn't get as easily bored as I do.

Adding a PA and a whip along with the orbiter or another water tool gives you lots of options to mix things up and keep it fresh, That $119 I paid for that first box was money well spent I've not a single regret.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2014
  17. KidFated.

[​IMG]
    Just another great day of riding :)

18. Vicki

Vicki The Bionic Woman

I was just at Kohl's, and the cashier says, "I like your shirt." I am wearing my Magic Flight t-shirt! :)

axakal, melonknifer, horst and 10 others like this.
  19. sundaddy

sundaddy Well-Known Member

Hey if it's the one with the purple script, I did it! (The same art that's on the tin and the sticker.) Forrest had a contest about 4 years ago...that's how I got my first box. He's a great guy!

20. abhishek

• Hey I want a mflb shirt too

Quetzalcoatl, poonman, Vicki and 2 others like this.
  21. rekrab

rekrab Well-Known Member

I will have to join @KidFated. with the activity pics
    Casual day out on the links, golf and grass:leaf::razz:

[​IMG]

axakal, Quetzalcoatl, horst and 7 others like this.
  22. abhishek

U guys cannot imagine how much I am loving my box..its just great..
    Man , a few tokes outta it and kick boxing sessions , r just so easy..thanks once again..all of u

23. KidFated.

Floppy lids suck! Who's got a better idea than "rubber band"?

215z and MileHighLife like this.
  24. MileHighLife

MileHighLife Whiskey Tango

Turn the lid around 180 degrees or so and then lightly bend down the spring clip that holds the lid down. I do this whenever my lids become floppy and it tightens them back up.

Edit: stoner moment

Last edited: Jul 3, 2014
    215z, poonman, Vitolo and 3 others like this.
  25. KidFated.

Thank you! Worked good!

Edit-Easy too!

MileHighLife likes this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors