1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.

The Magic-Flight Box

Discussion in 'Portable Vaporizers' started by magicflight, May 16, 2009.

1. davesmith

davesmith Well-Known Member

If your going to use oils or hash in your Mflb just get the trays. There not expensive and do a better job than any paper boat/cotton etc

Also if your really looking for something simmilar to a dan then how about a maud-dib? Or the back of a hammer? Or a rig???

2. abhishek

abhishek Well-Known Member

Naah nothing ,except of some dry herb in this box...haven't got it till now :(
    Am I supposed to do something special ,before I start using it, like a burn off or cleaning..?

RUDE BOY and KidFated. like this.
  3. KidFated.

KidFated. Watch your pawking metaws.

Just heat the trench quick with the lid open for like 5 seconds and your good IMO. Bone dry herbs near powder consistency and your good!

OF, abhishek, RUDE BOY and 1 other person like this.
  4. abhishek

Thanks
    What technique do u prefer with ur box????

, sorry for so many questions ,I am just super excited each time a Vape is incoming
    Sorry:ninja:

TwztedElegance likes this.
  5. KidFated.

Same way here, no worries! I fell in love with shorty wood stems but now I use it native. I sometimes do long draws but usually I puff on it with faster short draws.

abhishek likes this.
  6. Vitolo

Vitolo Vaporist

When you look well at your launch box, you may not see the same thing that a camera (or much younger eye) may see.
    A neighbor is having "low heat" issues with new glyphs, and my naked eye, looked and saw everything was A-OK in his trench area...
    [​IMG]
    naked eye sees approximately what the computers built in cam sees.

I took a better look using a digital camera
    [​IMG]
    The moral of the story being do not always trust your eyes!

7. KidFated.

Ouch! That's tore up pretty bad!​

Quetzalcoatl and OF like this.
  8. OF

OF Well-Known Member

Hey, it was still in there swinging? Making vapor? Just 'having "low heat" issues'......

Tough little critter, but not bullet proof.

OF

9. pakalolo

pakalolo RoboMod v3.17 (ticking) Staff Member

That looks suspiciously like the results of aggressive cleaning.

caves, LazyIdol, Vitolo and 2 others like this.
  10. KidFated.

Cleaning a launch box? :shrug:

Kief, MileHighLife and OF like this.
  11. MileHighLife

MileHighLife Whiskey Tango

My walnut box took a dive out the window of my truck last night while going about 40 mph. It took the worst ding to the tip of the ed's tnt stem and a few scrapes on the box but nothing too major ... battle scars.

12. Vitolo

Vitolo Vaporist

The owner of this box is a bit overzealous in his cleaning, true.... but had his cleaning been consiistent since day 1, the dark resin would not be present on the left-most portion of rod.
    Still, that is also my analysis.

13. pakalolo

It's a clear warranty claim. Good thing it's the LB because it wouldn't be for any other vapourizer.

axakal, 215z, LazyIdol and 5 others like this.
  14. OF

OF Well-Known Member

So very true. This fantastic 'safety net' adds a bit to the cost of each box, of course, but the advantage is so very welcome when needed.

In a fun way, the way you'd deal with a good friend or family member that owes you money......

OF

axakal, LazyIdol, Vicki and 1 other person like this.
  15. abhishek

Got my box yesterday with a wooden stem..and PV gave a free acrylic stem too..thanks..PV u the best.
    Got to 2 sessions yesterday ,nthanks to this thread , I jus loved the box..with my first I didn't know anything and spoilt my box..now coz of u guys I know the technique...
    But somehow I still managed to stain the screen ,its a tiny small spot in the middle..how can I remove this , can I use ISO to clean it with help of some cotton...?
    any tips are welcome , and thanks once again , coz of you people I am getting huge clouds outta my box, this time

poonman, RUDE BOY and Quetzalcoatl like this.
  16. KidFated.

If it tastes fine, id leave it. Don't worry about cleaning it other than brushing it out. Screen doesn't need much to keep clean other than that trusty brush. Maybe something to rub on it to condition the wood once in awhile? I think you'll like it if you try it. Did you get maple?

OF and RUDE BOY like this.
  17. OF

OF Well-Known Member

Once again, KF is spot on with solid advice. Forget cosmetics. Like in firearms, more are ruined by over cleaning than not cleaning enough.

Using it normally will remove most deposits on the screen over time. Until then, the deposits don't effect taste or vapor production typically.

Enjoy the little jewel. Keep it dry going in, grind fine, keep batteries charged up, don't fill over the shoulder of the trench, and shake, shake, shake.

OF

18. abhishek

Thanks so much..both of u have been of great help to me , u guys have got me clouding with this , from the very first toke.....
    Though my complaint is huge clouds get me coughing badly , and it takes all the edge from box being so stealthy

OF likes this.
  19. KidFated.

Take some smaller tokes or different stems. Also try have the vapor hit your tongue or somethin to break it up before yor throat. I've heard an ce cube helps but is that always at your convenience? Native might be less harsh on your throat?

OF and abhishek like this.
  20. abhishek

Yes sir..I jus tried it native...thanku so much..I jus love this thing..its like each toke is on demand, I am mostly on road, so weneva I get free time, I take a drag or 2 , shake the box , then reorganize the trench again..its so much convenient , compared to a solo..I have to go on 12mins and I get way too high, but with this I can jus maintain that sweet spot..

21. OF

OF Well-Known Member

You're welcome, glad you're getting it sorted out. As to covering the turning red, coughing, and gasping for breath as you try to maintain an inconspicuous appearance that's something each guy has to sort out. I try avoiding it, personally. One idea is to immediately put the little box in your pocket before you attract too much attention? Then maybe pretend you swallowed an insect?

As a technique suggestion, try a fine (and uniform) grind of well cured bud with the trench filled not quite to the rails. You can then 'shake blind'. That is shake it well and then put it level, shake it back and forth in the flat plane a bit, and assume it's OK without looking. It actually works well. You can 'automatically' set it up for a fresh hit.

I get what you say about Solo. You tend to take more than you need to, it's hard to shut the little sucker off when it's working so hard to make you happy.

Best wishes,

OF

nopartofme and abhishek like this.
  22. abhishek

@OF
    Thank u so much bro...as I said earlier, coz of u and kidfated' , I have totally skipped the notorious learning curve of the box..haha when I had no idea bout this site , I spoilt a box and hated it ..even broke the screen..but this baby is here to stay fr a while..
    Thanks once again ..
    PS how is the PA..for the box..can I use it in a car too,is it worth it?

nopartofme, OF, Quetzalcoatl and 2 others like this.
  23. pakalolo

The PA is definitely worth it and I recommend it highly. I've never used it in a car, but there is a car adapter and I see no reason why it wouldn't work well.

24. mplx

mplx Active Member

Last night i vaped some hash from the tray. What i didn`t notice was that a small piece hung over the tray and touched the trench. Today i cleaned it with medical pure cleaning alcohol. But i can still see the line were it burned in. Seems like it didn`t burn trough and the LB still works. I there a way to clean it like it was new?

http://bayimg.com/fAoHDaAfO

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 25, 2014
    OF and KidFated. like this.
  25. KidFated.

I had that happen with an earlier box. I never used ISO on it though, I tried some burn offs with the PA on full blast. Never went away.

Think of it as a battle scar and a reminder to be less messy with your concentrates. Leaves you with that memory of vaping some good hash, eh?

mitchgo61, OF, mplx and 1 other person like this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors