1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.

The Magic-Flight Box

Discussion in 'Portable Vaporizers' started by magicflight, May 16, 2009.

1. iVapeTooMuch

iVapeTooMuch The Legend

Has anybody created a nifty looking travel case for their box? I would love to get some ideas :)

Last edited: May 1, 2014
    MileHighLife, axakal and GenYHippie like this.
  2. GenYHippie

GenYHippie Well-Known Member

Im not sure what the Burts is but i use general finishes salad bowl finish. Its food safe for hot or cold but i dont know about the temp your inhaling at. Just my 2 cents my can was about $7 and will last a long long time.

Herbal Ant and OF like this.
  3. Quetzalcoatl

Quetzalcoatl SPACE GOD 宇宙

Burt's, ya know, the chapstick? Some of us have used that to wax our LB's ;)

Herbal Ant and OF like this.
  4. OF

OF Well-Known Member

Bert's is beeswax based, right? Straight beeswax would also work and being harder last longer I'd think? Either would be harder/last longer than salad bowl or butcher block dressings (although those are easy to get)

My solution here goes the other way, I'm a fan of real hard. Carnauba hard. Comes from palm trees, it's 'food safe' (in fact you'll find it coating some of your favorite candies) and 'tough as nails' (they also put it on roller rinks.....). Johnson's Paste Wax (like you'd use on a kitchen floor) is my fav. Lasts a very long time.

I also use it on garden tool handles, my Solo and other things that need protection and get exposed to abuse.

I usually put a couple of thin coats on the MP area of the box followed by a final complete 'fairly heavy' coat. After that it simply wipes clean for half a year or longer (depending on use).

OF

5. KidFated.

KidFated. Watch your pawking metaws.

Eh, Underbutter works fine.

Herbal Ant, OF and MileHighLife like this.
  6. FlyingLow

FlyingLow Team NO SLEEP!

7. axakal

axakal Well-Known Member

these are a good example of bad design, since they occupy way more space, than is actually used purposefuly. :) you can put at least two more batteries in there and a spare straw, or maybe even a whip on top. all that extra padding is wasted in my opinion too, since the box isn't that fragile. these cases actually take away all the advantages of the small size of the box. it's using a cannon to kill a fly. but it's just my oppinion. i would never pay 39 dollars for it, though. :)

Last edited: May 2, 2014
    linux3214 likes this.
  8. FlyingLow

FlyingLow Team NO SLEEP!

I have built so many cases over the last few years for my electronics, I welcome and gladly pay for a drop in fit. As you said, this case can easily be modded to better utilize the space and carry more equipment.

Even if it is overkill, I appreciate being able to have all my stuff in a case. Living in a small apartment with my girlfriend, cases make organization and packing things out of the way far easier.

9. axakal

axakal Well-Known Member

i completely agree with you on being able to have all stuff in one case but it seems impossible to me with these, at least with out a drop in fit. judging from the pictures it hast at least the size of two mflb tins and you can put a lot more in two mflb tins. :) i use an empty cigar box for the stuff that doesn't fit in the tin. ironically it has the obligate "smoking kills" warning on it. :)

FlyingLow likes this.
  10. Ano

Ano FC Lover

If you want to buy a case fitting most of the accessories while not taking too much place, standard e-cig cases like this one might be worth it (I bought mine for less than $10) :
    [​IMG]
    The FG fits well where the grinder is on that picture.
    More details in an old post.

11. GenYHippie

I have to admit i really like mine (got it as part of my 420 puff it up pack with my box) other than that it is hard to open. It really is well protected and stink proof.

Thanks so much for posting this! I love my vape case but it isnt discrete for when im out and about. No one would think twice about an e-cig case unless they knew me (ive never smoked)

meek420, iVapeTooMuch, horst and 3 others like this.
  12. OF

OF Well-Known Member

This is my favorite field case for the LB:
    http://www.amazon.com/Case-Logic-Po...066103&sr=8-6&keywords=case logic camera case

It's big enough to hold the box and stem (box loaded of course) and a four AA battery holder with two charged batteries and two one dram vials (same size as an AA battery) with premeasured loads. 3 guaranteed trenches in your pocket. If I expect more need than that I can double that by abandoning the convenience of premeasured loads (each vial will hold more) and can squeeze another battery in next to the LB.

OF

nopartofme, Herbal Ant, horst and 5 others like this.
  13. GenYHippie

Thank you! Funny enough i had that one in my cart but i was still debating since it doesnt have a pic of the inside. Would you mind sharing a pic of it?

14. OF

OF Well-Known Member

I just realized, I forgot to remind folks to clean the stem before use. Sorry for the obvious, but these days it never hurts to remind each other.

Nothing really to show, nothing going on inside. It's a simple, padded case. Nothing fancy, even has exposed seams. It protects stuff and keeps it together.

OF

Quetzalcoatl and KidFated. like this.
  15. GenYHippie

Ahh ok thank you. I wasnt sure if it had pockets or bands to hold stuff

16. Vitolo

Vitolo Vaporist

Over time I have used a few cases...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Then I used:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Then there was:
    [​IMG]

I use this one to this day... it is my favorite!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

My sucrets era
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    with fake sucret insert
    [​IMG]
    The cutting out of the fake sucrets insert!

17. MileHighLife

MileHighLife Whiskey Tango

Here's my mobile vape station ...
    [​IMG]
    It's just a cheap case logic camera case I found at walmart.

Edit: pretty close to the one OF linked to.

Vitolo, Herbal Ant, horst and 5 others like this.
  18. OF

OF Well-Known Member

Close enough for jazz for sure. Mine has no mesh pocket inside and the zipper doesn't open as wide, but the same maker, same idea and no doubt the same utility in the end?

Thanks.

OF

19. axakal

axakal Well-Known Member

20. horst

horst Well-Known Member

I carry my MFLB in this case on the go. http://www.vatra.com/product/dragon/#.U2Sr_8fHcl4

Nothing special anyway, but I like the size. Fits a little more bulky than a pack of cigarettes in my pocket and holds the MFLB, 2 Batteries, 2 Stems, Brush, QTip, Toothpick, Elastic, ABV-Grip and the finishing grinder (or 4 pre-grounded herb-pills).

But can't really recommend it. It was advertised as smell proof but after a few days this thing is the same smell bomb as any photo-case would be. So instead of spending extra bucks for headshop products next time I will also look at cheaper cases designed for other things.

Pack of Cigarettes: Also a stealth way to carry I prefer at concerts, an empty cigarette pack. Fits the MFLB, Stem and Battery tied up with an elastic nicely and gets you through every body inspection. No one ever tended to look in it.

Kief, RUDE BOY, Herbal Ant and 5 others like this.
  21. 420democrat

420democrat Well-Known Member

How is the mflb with pa for concentrates . I recently got a connect for waxes and have no way of using them currently

22. Vitolo

Vitolo Vaporist

works good with the concentrate tray.
    I have used it pressed flat within cotton... directly in box.
    tin foil works if you shape it right and keep the size down.

OF and GenYHippie like this.
  23. horst

horst Well-Known Member

Playing with the orbiter led me into some silly creativity I would like to share, feel free to move it elsewhere if it is too offtopic.

[​IMG]

Greetings
    horst

Rover, cawshook, UpUpandAway and 24 others like this.
  24. Herbalist23

Herbalist23 Well-Known Member

To be continued.......???:rofl:

TanukiCoast, horst and RUDE BOY like this.
  25. pakalolo

pakalolo RoboMod v3.17 (ticking) Staff Member

This is brilliant! I wouldn't have it anywhere else.

I sure hope so.

2 Paces, horst and RUDE BOY like this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors