liteweight

Indeed, the Connoisseurs Club have bare LB listed at $69 for the maple, $89 for the cherry and $99 for the walnut.
But you'll need to input a valid LB serial number to enter the club, so I guess it won't be useful for a first buy.

Found the club and have applied for membership. I already have a MFLB all pimped out with all the accessories. Thanks for the help!

liteweight,
Reactions: RUDE BOY

KidFated.

Unknown Member
Yes, my understanding of this is that it's meant for those who already own a complete kit and who want to own a replacement/additional Box without needing every accessory twice.

Actually, since I own a walnut LB kit and the PA, buying a maple bare box could allow me to keep the walnut at home, using it mainly with the PA, and to bring the maple one with the batteries I already own when I'm out... For the price, might be worth it...

Thanks for reminding me of the Club !
Why not cherry? :brow:

KidFated.,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Does anyone know if Magic Flight will sell a bare-bones Launch Box, i.e. one Box with no accessories? If so, do you know the price? Thanks
When BlissSville was the distributor of MFLB, they offered by telephone order a "Bare Box" for $65.
Since this is not an advertised item, a phone call would be the best bet.

footbal075

Hi Everyone,

Re-Introducing the Magic-Flight Launch Box -- a small, fast, portable vaporizer
that can be used by anyone, anywhere, anytime.

Advantages/Features:
- Portable: Preload and use while outdoors; No cords or plugs.
- Compact: only 2.5 by 1.25 by 0.9 inches in size!
- Friendly: The Box uses AA rechargeable batteries (no lighters/butane)
- Ultra-Quick: from loaded to vaping in less than 10 seconds!
- Reliable: Engineered to rely only on dependable physical science (no electronics).
- Robust: Simple durable construction; even suitable for your pants pocket!
- Elegant: Handcrafted renewable woods add an artistic element for your pleasure.
- Responsive: convenient and easy to use; you can see and sense everything.
- Safe: no combustion by-products and little to no odor; no glass to break.
- Stealthy: Can be hidden in the palm of your hand; very hard to detect when used.
- Effective: a vaping experience which is immediate and intimate, it gets the job done!
- Inexpensive: Exclusively designed and made in the USA, yet priced under $100.

The Launch Box is also easy to operate -- it provides nearly instant heat-up and cool down so you can load, use, and reload without having to wait. Put it in your pocket and go -- this vaporizer will always provide a good safe vape, even in windy conditions.

The Team at Magic-Flight aims to have the Box be loved by those users for which it is appropriate. While it is acknowledged that the Box might not be the last and forever vape for everyone, for everything, or for all possible situations, we have worked hard to ensure that for many usage patterns, the Box is best! We are excited to offer this product to you and to explore the ways in which it might fit into your lifestyle (visit our website at http://www.magic-flight.com for more).

Please use this thread to post your thoughts and experiences when using the Launch Box. Feel free to ask questions and write up a review for the benefit of others. What is your Launch Box story?

-- Magic-Flight

kit_1347_1.jpg

PS: Also, check out the Vaporpedia entry at [vaporpedia link removed due to malware]

Hi,

I don't know how to make an new post, so sorry if this is out of context. I just got the power adapter and LOVE the control, I'm able to be about 3x as efficient with my stuff by keeping it cooler. I just had one question. Is there a difference in what chemicals are released at different temperatures? Is there some THX that's released at the higher end of the temp. spectrum, or any other notable other components? Just trying to figure out the best way. Love the orbiter too, but probably best for if you like to burn hotter temperatures.

Last edited by a moderator:

GenYHippie

In a fun way you might get an argument from some of us Yanks on that. You see, while what you call a "rubber" is what we'd call 'a pencil eraser', "rubber" here is slang for condom. Some here consider a nearby but discrete container of condoms to be mighty handy.........

Yes, I think we all noticed that.....if we were paying enough attention of course. It's been widely discussed, the general advice is to keep some water handy and keep sipping it to replace the evaporation from all the hot dry air you're suddenly pulling in. Eventually this becomes less and less an issue I think as technique and tolerance change and develop?

The battery fit is also well discussed. Including instructions for tightening up the spring because of poor contact when it's too loose. Some of us just learn to tip the battery a bit as you push it in, others can't seem to get the knack of it I guess. Variations in battery diameter are also a factor, as is roundess (that is you sometimes find batteries that are tight one way, but loose when rotated). The latest factory batteries seem to be better in this area.

But, the bottom line is the ring is a spring, and being SS is not that good a spring. Like the stem tightness (which changes with moisture content) it's part of what makes the box such an individual device. Like many, I own a couple for MFLBs. They all have small differences in their performance, some significant, some not. IMO part of the charm, really.

Like friendships with people, your relationship with the little rascal is due to evolve. Enjoy that process, soon you'll be fast friends you'll find yourself automatically shaking between hits........

OF

ROFLMAO! Ohhh OF that was awesome! I have alot of international online pen pals so things like that crack me up. When my brother comes back to visit the states from Germany i have to remind him to say cigarette lest he get an unintentional surprise ;).

Thanks for chiming in. I started reading the whole thread (which im still working on) but for its massive size i have been relying mostly on the search feature which didnt result in much on that particular observation.
Im so excited to have a vape i can carry without bringing a while freakin back pack every time i go out.

Okay, eraser, haha :rofl:

Noticed the battery fit also, had to replace 2 out of 6 batteries. The first was annoying out of the box and the second just crashed unlucky on the concrete, not properly fitting anymore.

Thanks Horst i want to get some low discharge ones but finiacially that has to wait till next month maybe they will be a smoother fit.

Indeed, the Connoisseurs Club have bare LB listed at $69 for the maple, $89 for the cherry and $99 for the walnut.
But you'll need to input a valid LB serial number to enter the club, so I guess it won't be useful for a first buy.

Ohhh do they have etched ones? I really want a celtic tree but now that i have a plain maple i dont need duplicates of all the stuff.

Hi,

I don't know how to make an new post, so sorry if this is out of context. I just got the power adapter and LOVE the control, I'm able to be about 3x as efficient with my stuff by keeping it cooler. I just had one question. Is there a difference in what chemicals are released at different temperatures? Is there some THX that's released at the higher end of the temp. spectrum, or any other notable other components? Just trying to figure out the best way. Love the orbiter too, but probably best for if you like to burn hotter temperatures.

I will have to pull out my binder and see the web address they came from but i have a sheet of the main canabanoids and terpenes and their optimum temps that was sent to me. If i can find the link i will send it to you

Last edited by a moderator:

axakal

i thought it was my subjective impression. :) i'm pulling clouds for ages on the middle setting and the herbs just don't want to get brown. feels like a relaxed hookah session contrary to the quick hit with the batteries. :)

I'm able to be about 3x as efficient with my stuff by keeping it cooler.

Last edited:

footbal075

I'm finding if I want a quick hit, I have a jar of ABV (knowing it's about 30% THC) and use either my gravity bong (the bukket, AWESOME tool from my college days) and just put in 4 ice cubes and let the smoke sit for a minute or two to cool off, or use my water bong. I try to to do this pretty rarely as this is way less healthy than vaping!

I too find it hard to get a rush with just the vaporizer, unless I take several bowls and burn it hotter. But once the rush subsides (after 15 or so mins) the high is pretty similar I find.

kente777

Is there a taste difference between the maple, cherry, or walnut? Which do u prefer and why?

kente777,

KidFated.

Unknown Member
I have all three, and @Vicki nailed it when she told me cherry was the best. It has a slightly "sweeter wood taste" my walnut tastes most woody to me, but i like it for that reason. The maple seems really neutral to everything. Slight wood taste and thats pretty much it. I dont know if its a true flavor difference or psychological, that's my answer. Hope it helps @kente777

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
I have all three, and @Vicki nailed it when she told me cherry was the best. It has a slightly "sweeter wood taste" my walnut tastes most woody to me, but i like it for that reason. The maple seems really neutral to everything. Slight wood taste and thats pretty much it. I dont know if its a true flavor difference or psychological, that's my answer. Hope it helps @kente777

The cherry has always been my favorite. :)

footbal075

Any thoughts on how to clean the orbiter? The residue build-up starts to taste not-too-pleasant.
Also, any safe/good flavor enhancers to add to the water for the orbiter for a different tasting experience?

Peace and Love :-)

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
Any thoughts on how to clean the orbiter? The residue build-up starts to taste not-too-pleasant.
Also, any safe/good flavor enhancers to add to the water for the orbiter for a different tasting experience?

Either use PBW or salt and ISO. Some of us like using the concentrated RezBlock, it helps keep pieces cleaner by not letting the reclaim stick to the glass.

Quetzalcoatl,
Reactions: OF

kente777

Anyone try the blended herb packages that Magic Flight offers on their site? Do they work? Which ones do u like?

Ken

kente777,
Reactions: horst

horst

horsed
Was wondering the same so I ordered the feelin fine mix with my last order.

I like the whole process of toking with the MFLB and as an ex-smoker I miss the habit of playing with something smelly in my hands. I would like to play with the MFLB instead without skyrocketing my herb tolerance.

Maybe it also works to mix the blend with herb in a 5:1 ratio, so I could stretch a usual 4 straw session to 20 straws.
I will play around with it this week and report back. :D

horst,
Reactions: kente777

kente777

Was wondering the same so I ordered the feelin fine mix with my last order.

I like the whole process of toking with the MFLB and as an ex-smoker I miss the habit of playing with something smelly in my hands. I would like to play with the MFLB instead without skyrocketing my herb tolerance.

Maybe it also works to mix the blend with herb in a 5:1 ratio, so I could stretch a usual 4 straw session to 20 straws.
I will play around with it this week and report back. :D
I was thinking the same thing. Mix some blended herb with some medical herb to conserve and to give me a different sensation to boot.

How to balance the different herbal boiling temps would be my concern

Last edited:

horst

horsed
How to balance the different herbal boiling temps would be my concern

Yes, but I've hope it will work out fine because of the already mixed herbs in the package.

Feelin Fine has 3 Herbs in it namely:
Damiana (released at 180-190°C)
Lemon Balm (released at 170-190°C)
Peppermint (released at 130°C)

So unless the whole blend isn't jeopardized by itself through its components, i hardly believe mixing another 150-220°C active component in will do so.
Only thing I could imagine is that the Peppermint taste wears off quicker then the others because of the exceeded boiling temp.

Excited to find out.

caves

Living the vape life

I've had great success with plain ISO. Just pour some in there, plug up both holes with your thumbs, and shake like heck. Gets nice and sparkly.

Top Bottom